Options

cheating scum 250 congregate!

124»

Comments

• Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    So please for the love of god let it go or actually DO something about it instead of moaning or worse
    Amen brother! Tired of hearing the whine of the waaaambulance.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You, along with other's, got your hands caught in the cookie jar and, now were punished!

Just because there are cookies in that jar, doesn't mean you were told you could have any.

In other words, just because there was an error in programming allowing for an exploit, doesn't mean you can go ahead and exploit it.

Kind of a stupid argument considering that after completing the first couple Delta Rising storyline mission the game explicitly told you to use other means to level up because cryptic was to lazy to create enough content to level up our characters. They even suggested doing patrol missions. So big surprise everyone does patrol missions and suddenly were all exploiters? That's a huge pile of donkey pooh and everyone knows it. Patrol missions have always been a good source of exp. People leveling new characters would often do patrol missions to level up quickly because they are simple, short, and grant good experience. Well they used to anyway.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The problem I have with it was the rollback.
    There was never a post that this was an exploit, people who had hotrod powerecreep builds were eating the new content like they always do...team up with other steamrollers and you could be in a DPS
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    seffie1seffie1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If Argala proves to be a "verboten" place, we're pretty much guilty for not sticking to the PvE queues or something. For it is not like you could bypass the area, and go somewhere else. Like Tau Dewa! :P

One of my fleet mates had 6~ specialization points taken from him that he'd gained doing bug hunt on elite after hitting 60 while farming salvage technology.

I know he didn't farm patrol missions even while leveling up.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    krilldarn wrote: »
    yes easy to dispute one player but two, three... get your own dil claim and mine on a bonus dil event..... you will soon see that sometimes player data is correct.....

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=15068721

I also had NO points deducted..... was not included in the "tau dewa gate scandal" but feel strongly at the way in which it was handled.

Oh Cryptic could have handled this in a number of ways. They could have been sly, brought the whole game down for 30 minutes, rolled back the offending players quietly and then claimed it was a glitch they could not fix. Job done.

But for some odd reason, they went with "the cheaters made us do it" (the actual honest reason)

Sometimes, it would seem honesty is not the best policy.
  • Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    This is where, I don't trust player produced data. Player produced data is bias and missing information.

This whole refute of the x17 is great. Unless players are hacking the data out of Cryptics servers, players cannot refute it. It is all rumours and speculation.

I'm supposed to trust people caught cheating, that their "data" is more truthful than those with the actual server information. Yea, ok then.:rolleyes:

But it is provable. there are youtube videos showing how much xp was being earned and let me tell you the xp earn rate in japori then is almost identical to the xp earn rate from bonus xp borg encounters in the sole system area unless you are going to tell me thats an exploit as well
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I got 25 odd spec points from Tau Dewa and was ignored. My girlfriend got 20 purely from episode play (she wasnt even close to getting to DR content) and had 10 of them confiscated. if it wasn't affecting someone I love I would be laughing at the incompetence on display.
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Welcome to the American justice system!

Which you seem to support wholeheartedly.
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    Oh Cryptic could have handled this in a number of ways. They could have been sly, brought the whole game down for 30 minutes, rolled back the offending players quietly and then claimed it was a glitch they could not fix. Job done.

But for some odd reason, they went with "the cheaters made us do it" (the actual honest reason)

Sometimes, it would seem honesty is not the best policy.

If there were cheaters I would love to see proof of it. So far all I've seen is comments from Dev's and Community Spokespeople saying people are dirty exploiters, but no proof or evidence to support it. However there is evidence to support the players saying any XP discrepancies were reported by the very playerbase they blame as exploiters before the release of DR.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got 25 odd spec points from Tau Dewa and was ignored. My girlfriend got 20 purely from episode play (she wasnt even close to getting to DR content) and had 10 of them confiscated. if it wasn't affecting someone I love I would be laughing at the incompetence on display.
    Out of your two main accounts, which one paid for zen and which one didn't? ;)

Although I am sort of joking, it's the only reason I can think of as to why some people got stuff removed and some people didn't. You may call someone who claims they didn't exploit a liar (and some may be), but there's way too many reports of claimed innocence to ignore this as fiction at this stage.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    Out of your two main accounts, which one paid for zen and which one didn't? ;)

Although I am sort of joking, it's the only reason I can think of as to why some people got stuff removed and some people didn't. You may call someone who claims they didn't exploit a liar (and some may be), but there's way too many reports of claimed innocence to ignore this as fiction at this stage.

I spend loads on the game and got ignored. my girlfriend only gets zen from Dill and got hit. I see where this theory is comming from
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Kind of a stupid argument considering that after completing the first couple Delta Rising storyline mission the game explicitly told you to use other means to level up because cryptic was to lazy to create enough content to level up our characters. They even suggested doing patrol missions. So big surprise everyone does patrol missions and suddenly were all exploiters? That's a huge pile of donkey pooh and everyone knows it. Patrol missions have always been a good source of exp. People leveling new characters would often do patrol missions to level up quickly because they are simple, short, and grant good experience. Well they used to anyway.

There was nothing wrong with doing patrol missions, however there was something wrong, when people started gang piling only certain exploitable patrol missions.
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    Which you seem to support wholeheartedly.

If there were cheaters I would love to see proof of it. So far all I've seen is comments from Dev's and Community Spokespeople saying people are dirty exploiters, but no proof or evidence to support it. However there is evidence to support the players saying any XP discrepancies were reported by the very playerbase they blame as exploiters before the release of DR.

Sorry but, I do not in no way support our justice system, at all!

Technically, they don't have to show us nothing!

So, the people who are effected will just have to eat it, like some stale sandwich from a quickie mart.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At level 60, I went to tau dewa, put the difficulty on elite and started to do japori patrol mission over and over again on my own.

Because I do 25k+ dps, I kill VERY fast. And because I kill VERY fast I get xp VERY fast. Apparently that's very suspicious! Because I'm good at this game, I got labelled as a cheater by de developers and punished.

Thanks a lot.

Edit for clarification:
    I don't even know what bug happened. Was it mobs stuck at lvl 50? I read that somewhere. Thing is, that still happens in battlezones.. Also, I don't check what level mobs are, haven't done so in years. I was under the assumption when playing that things, you know, work..

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So, the people who are effected will just have to eat it, like some stale sandwich from a quickie mart.

You know you can justify the justice-system working in north korea, china and (of course) TRIBBLE germany with this sentence?
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There was nothing wrong with doing patrol missions, however there was something wrong, when people started gang piling only certain exploitable patrol missions.

The only reason japori was "gang piled" as you put it is because you face Klingon ships there with no annoying special abilities which makes the combat easy. Not because players knew of any kind of exploit.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since you brought up the justice system ...

Justice league! assemble! earth! wind! water! fire! summon! Captain Planet! :D lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    The only reason japori was "gang piled" as you put it is because you face Klingon ships there with no annoying special abilities which makes the combat easy. Not because players knew of any kind of exploit.

Unless there isn't any Negh'vars, than that might be believable but, if there are, they can be some of the worse enemies spamming isometric charges.

Be it that people deemed this to be a hot spot, because the enemies were Klingon, kind of further makes me stand my ground on them knowingly exploiting this particular patrol mission!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    You know you can justify the justice-system working in north korea, china and (of course) TRIBBLE germany with this sentence?

I don't justify any of theirs either!

You all know the terms that was agreed to, when you started playing!

They are in complete control of the game and, we are only allowed to play it + spend money on it if we so choose.

The fact of the matter is, we just have to deal with it is all!

• Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There in lies the problem. Never assume anything!

So we should expect and accept as normal that anything at any time can be considered to be an exploit after the fact?

Before posting anything I suggest you take a moment and read what you wrote and let it sink in for a few minutes.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »

Welp. This thread is closed now!
This discussion has been closed.