Install Arc
Options

cheating scum 250 congregate!

Comments

• Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bortens wrote: »
    bull****. noone was exploiting anything. even the japori lockdown was useless since they only punished a random fraction of the playerbase, some of them not even teamed.

but clown cohort drags out any rubbish to prove their point it seems.

And cheaters use any excuse to justify abuse of trust.

You and others were caught, with proof that you used an exploit.

Now, try to be man over it eh. Take it on the chin, be thankful you still have your account. Count your lucky stars and move along.
  • Options
    bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    And cheaters use any excuse to justify abuse of trust.

You and others were caught, with proof that you used an exploit.

Now, try to be man over it eh. Take it on the chin, be thankful you still have your account. Count your lucky stars and move along.

did you just call me cheater you little ****?
    get real.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    did you just call me cheater you little ****?
    get real.

No, you called you a cheater when you said
    10 skill points taken, was level 84.

and the EP said only those proven to be cheating would have points removed.

I take it you're not a fan of Vulcans or logic.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

yeah, cause people not even being in japori or in teams didnt get points stolen.

that oh so great ep said that to cover up the incompetence of himself and his dev team.

his tactic seems to work pretty well i must admit, judging by you and others in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I bet you believe it whenever someone says the police only arrest the guilty too, don't you? That's not Vulcan logic, that's the Cardassian "Justice" system.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    yeah, he spouts those executive producers lies without a thought and claims logic to be on his side.

hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    yeah, cause people not even being in japori or in teams didnt get points stolen.

that oh so great ep said that to cover up the incompetence of himself and his dev team.

Fixating on Japori does not excuse you, there were more systems over a couple of sectors that were broken. Anyone who gained an unreasonable amount of XP within those broken systems in the short time they were live, could not claim ignorance.

I figured it out in less than 10 minutes by gaining 2 levels at a super speed - you gain 84 !

Now, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but damn - if you missed that was broken for 84 levels, who turns your computer on for you, cuz it sure aint you.

I think you need a diaper change, as I really can smell something.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Funny thing, devs lately are on an overreacting craze. Back when Nukara fleet marks farming came out, you could farm 900 FM an hour because there was no cooldown. When they fixed it, the didn't take back the fleet marks earned. Hell, they never did anything like this back in the day (Like taking away the doffs secret dragon earned exploiting doff stacking before he reported it to be patched). Now its punish the players quickly every time.
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think you need to re-read things as well

Well, unless the EP is your "very skilled player".... you've read it wrong.

never read it wrong.....

you missed the whole rant from others that the XP was 17 times.... when it was 5 X

I shouldn't have to point out that everyone received the wrong XP but 17 x more dps means more kills and you level 17 times faster.....

if player X deals 17 times more damage than player Y and both are receiving 5 times too much xp then over the same period of time player X levels 17 times faster... but stills get XP at 5 times.....
  • Options
    bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    im flying a 12k dps advanced obelisk (no dps monster at all),
    they punished me for hardcore grinding.
    10 skill points taken, was level 84.

levelled to 60 solo in argala, then did story and some tau dewa pug grinding,
    while still soloing argala many times.

and no, japori didnt give x17 the exp other zones did,
    no clue where the boss of the moneyhungry lazybunch gets that from.

530k skill points down the drain cause cryptic is too arrogant to acknowledge
    serious tribble bug reports.

tell your delta rising punishment story now. :)

Sorry to say, but as we're at what, 70 odd posts and maybe a dozen overall posters, you're
    comrades, (249) are not actually rallying to your cause.

Perhaps time to withdraw?

BCW. :o
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, unless the EP is your "very skilled player".... you've read it wrong.

Silly man!

There was never any type of bug that would "allow players to level at approximately 17x the rate that players were leveling anywhere else in the game." That was just D'Angelo using word-trickery to pull the wool over easily dupped folks like you.

On Elite, NPC's were supposed to pay out 2x as much, compared to playing on Normal. Instead they paid 5x as much.

So, at the very most, people were leveling 2.5x as fast as elsewhere. Tops. The 17x he just disingenuously pulled out his hat, like saying that, with my 22k, I am leveling up 22x as fast as people elsewhere doing 1k.

You'd think ppl would be able to see thru such cheap tricks. You're proof, however, that his antics work.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    spielman1 wrote: »
    In my eyes I say it is both player and Dev problems. Many of the exploits they are now watching where reported in tribble many a times over in tribble and they just did what they always do ignored it. Then when players go to the hills so they can exploit it they punish theme coause they refused to fix it in the first place as usal.

Oh the Dev team does have it's part to play in all of this. I just love the 250 losers whining about the Devs, yet don't have the man parts needed to own up to their part in all of this.

If you're not going to own up to your own mistakes, don't expect others to do the same.

I stopped using Tribble 2 years ago, after getting fed up seeing known game breaking bugs make it on to the live server.

But then again, people didn't sit in zone chat screaming about how to abuse a known bug either. So half these fools brought this upon themselves. Before I logged out after seeing how broken it was, I read zone chat for about 10 minutes and it was so funny with people shouting not to do patrol missions solo and to level match to someone around level 52 or 53.

Heck, as a main KDF player, I have never seen so much "LFG KDF" in my entire time playing this game.

It's like someone walking in to a shop that only sells CCTV systems, moaning they got caught shoplifting on camera ! Well D'uh.

All zone chat is logged, all aspects of the game are monitored. If you cheat, you will be caught.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If you're not going to own up to your own mistakes, don't expect others to do the same.

I've been leveling up using doff missions, some of which (still) pay quite nicely... should I stop doing so on the basis that maybe/possibly it might be a "cheat"... on the basis that His Holiness might decide it is, later on, at some point in time when he's bored enough to gaze over at STO for a third time in his career?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    TBH i wouldn't trust any figures or stats produced as i mined dilithium at double rate and when I scored the max, i received double the 5000 dil reward of 10001...... if a device that is designed for crunching numbers all day cant even get a simple 5000 x 2 right with STO software what does tell you about the validity of the stats..... raise a ticket and ask Cryptics to forward your player stats proving you were where they said and using said "exploit" if they cant take them to task
  • Options
    seffie1seffie1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was reset back down to 10 specialization points after farming Argala elite exclusively, I was gaining about 1/3rd of a level per Argala clear on elite and was clearing it solo in about 10/15 minutes.

I'd hit 60 within 24 hours and then spent the entire rest of the week farming Argala, helping fleet mates to reach 60 by taking them along for my runs. To log on and lose 25 or so specialization points which took me roughly 30 hours of grinding and be labelled a cheater/exploiter was heartbreaking. Many fleet mates who I'd told about Argala and came with me on many of my runs lost nothing because they were below whatever threshold the developers had set but I lost every single specialization point I'd gained after hitting 60.

I never payed attention really to how much experience npcs were giving before DR and compared to the speed you level everywhere else in the game the rate of xp gained in Argala seemed very reasonable.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »
    I've been leveling up using doff missions, some of which (still) pay quite nicely... should I stop doing so on the basis that maybe/possibly it might be a "cheat"... on the basis that His Holiness might decide it is, later on, at some point in time when he's bored enough to gaze over at STO for a third time in his career?

Well, if you've lost points, contested it with CS (as was suggest for those who believe they are innocent) and been told no. Then that is an out right lie, as you gained lots of points much faster than doing doff missions would give.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, if you've lost points, contested it with CS (as was suggest for those who believe they are innocent) and been told no. Then that is an out right lie, as you gained lots of points much faster than doing doff missions would give.

No the retro-nerf didn't affect me directly. And no, that doesn't answer the question. Try again.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bull****. noone was exploiting anything. even the japori lockdown was useless since they only punished a random fraction of the playerbase, some of them not even teamed in japori, or even been close to.

they called us "dirty cheating scum" to make you baddies feel better.
    and they nerfed exp to make everyone feel like you, congratulations.

but clown cohort drags out any rubbish to prove their point it seems.

good that you make their plot to cover their trails so easy.
    its not like they punished people for "exploiting" bugs cryptic knew about for weeks, huh?

Look, plain and simple, you got punished!

Deal with it, because no amount of posting from you saying you didn't get punished this way or, that way, is going to change that!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    seffie1 wrote: »
    I was reset back down to 10 specialization points after farming Argala elite exclusively, I was gaining about 1/3rd of a level per Argala clear on elite and was clearing it solo in about 10/15 minutes.

I'd hit 60 within 24 hours and then spent the entire rest of the week farming Argala, helping fleet mates to reach 60 by taking them along for my runs. To log on and lose 25 or so specialization points which took me roughly 30 hours of grinding and be labelled a cheater/exploiter was heartbreaking. Many fleet mates who I'd told about Argala and came with me on many of my runs lost nothing because they were below whatever threshold the developers had set but I lost every single specialization point I'd gained after hitting 60.

I never payed attention really to how much experience npcs were giving before DR and compared to the speed you level everywhere else in the game the rate of xp gained in Argala seemed very reasonable.

Japori wasn't the only place in tau dewa but, I know many people did run those patrols.

All I ever would see in chat is, lfg kdf or fed, japori elite every day till it got shut down!

So, apparently any of the patrols may have been at fault as well!

I couldn't tell you, because I myself, didn't bother with any of them.

• Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here's an idea by law anyone who holds information on you in anyway has to disclose this information to you when asked regardless of what info it is (( providing it's not sensitive to the company, such as designs etc ))

So if you guys who got caught cheating won't let this go write to cryptic and request the information you require to vindicate yourselves.

As tbh yes I get your upset and angry but it's seriously getting old coming to the forums to see what was once a decent source of game info to just see every thread here contain rage, anger or worse just plain abuse

So please for the love of god let it go or actually DO something about it instead of moaning or worse

I don't tend to post often but it's honestly getting really annoying reading the same over and over or! Reading threads then seeing them being over run by non related posts or trolling
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    krilldarn wrote: »
    TBH i wouldn't trust any figures or stats produced as i mined dilithium at double rate and when I scored the max, i received double the 5000 dil reward of 10001...... if a device that is designed for crunching numbers all day cant even get a simple 5000 x 2 right with STO software what does tell you about the validity of the stats..... raise a ticket and ask Cryptics to forward your player stats proving you were where they said and using said "exploit" if they cant take them to task

This is where, I don't trust player produced data. Player produced data is bias and missing information.

This whole refute of the x17 is great. Unless players are hacking the data out of Cryptics servers, players cannot refute it. It is all rumours and speculation.

I'm supposed to trust people caught cheating, that their "data" is more truthful than those with the actual server information. Yea, ok then.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    seffie1seffie1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Japori wasn't the only place in tau dewa but, I know many people did run those patrols.

All I ever would see in chat is, lfg kdf or fed, japori elite every day till it got shut down!

So, apparently any of the patrols may have been at fault as well!

I couldn't tell you, because I myself, didn't bother with any of them.

Argala is in the delta quadrant, right next to the dyson sphere and was never locked down.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    one mans words does not a truth make..... and to take someone blindly at their word is dangerous and sometimes foolish.... that applies equally to the "players who benefited" and the "EP".

Neither have offered evidence of wrong or right doing..... yet one persons word is taken over anothers, sometimes the best liars are the silent ones and equally the guilty can be the loudest screamers... but that is not your or my judgement to make.... until presented with evidence either way. we should be neutral and support those who feel this is an injustice... This has turned into guilty till proven innocent.....
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    one mans words does not a truth make..... and to take someone blindly at their word is dangerous and sometimes foolish.... that applies equally to the "players who benefited" and the "EP".

Neither have offered evidence of wrong or right doing..... yet one persons word is taken over anothers, sometimes the best liars are the silent ones and equally the guilty can be the loudest screamers... but that is not your or my judgement to make.... until presented with evidence either way. we should be neutral and support those who feel this is an injustice... This has turned into guilty till proven innocent.....

Welcome to the American justice system!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    This is where, I don't trust player produced data. Player produced data is bias and missing information.

This whole refute of the x17 is great. Unless players are hacking the data out of Cryptics servers, players cannot refute it. It is all rumours and speculation.

I'm supposed to trust people caught cheating, that their "data" is more truthful than those with the actual server information. Yea, ok then.:rolleyes:

yes easy to dispute one player but two, three... get your own dil claim and mine on a bonus dil event..... you will soon see that sometimes player data is correct.....

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=15068721

I also had NO points deducted..... was not included in the "tau dewa gate scandal" but feel strongly at the way in which it was handled.
  • Options
    mithril84922mithril84922 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ``quit feeding the damn trolls. look at the in game numbers on sector blocks when u go to change zone it will tell you that a lot of people have cut back on play or go look at the STFs on how many are Queing for them. mostly normas a few advanced. but seeing how an advanced take almost an hour to do and mind you the team I was with we are not known for low DPS was dieing a lot.

infected for example: normal mode like it always has been with minor changes still playable spheres have about 73k hit points on average per sphere...... advanced mode when they have oh say 500k per sphere and are twice as many enemies at the end just makes real stupid not to menetion the regen rate on them. u want people to stop playing or wonder y they are not on.. where this is only a tiny portion of what is wrong... just sto save time i'll post what I did in another section of the forums http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20273111#post20273111
    link to that section if u want it.
    "And no amount of chest beating by the UBER minority will change that.

Beat on your chest "UBER" minority and enjoy what you demanded for in the long run, no one will be left to hear you!"zeus

If you few players wanted UBER level the DEVs should have made a MK4 difficulty for those few. because what we had before was normal and elites. ok np... now we have normal , advance and elite... here is how the lvls should have went normal stay normal. advanced should be the "Old" elite. THE NEW ELITE SHOUDL be about 25% to 50% harder and then we reach unber insane lvl 75% to 100% harder. that should be enough difficulty "increase for those that wanted something harder. when its less than 1% of the population that wants this were they not called tyrants.

when u play the game *(Devs) turn off the god mode and get on an actual internet connection and try this with mk 12 or mk 13 gear non epic purple quality or a few ultra rares on advance. now I am not saying that I have the most powerful fleet or ship but before deta rising we were having fun on elites.

hint hint when a game stops being fun people tend to stop playing it bring the fun back
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    seffie1 wrote: »
    Argala is in the delta quadrant, right next to the dyson sphere and was never locked down.

If Argala proves to be a "verboten" place, we're pretty much guilty for not sticking to the PvE queues or something. For it is not like you could bypass the area, and go somewhere else. Like Tau Dewa! :P
  • Options
    bricbat1bricbat1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Ha, imagine a casino arguing in court, "Your Honor, we know that the person intended to cheat, because when they sat down at a machine and it paid out a jackpot because we accidentally had the wrong payout table loaded on it, that was way more than the average person gets paid out on our machines and by that we know... that person was cheating!"

actually as somebody who works in a casino ...all machines have a disclaimer on them which states "malfunctions void all pays and plays " this is esentially what was done here ...what the devs did in their so called wisdom was to call people cheaters... they should have just said due to malfunction some players levels were being rolled back.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014

It is the whole appeal to authority problem. Therefore, since the EP is in a position of authority than us peons, we should believe what the EP has to say over someone that says that they have been unfairly punished.

While I do believe that the EP is correct that numerous bugs were combining together to create the 17x the normal rate, only certain people should have been punished. Soloing Elite or playing with a team on Elite is not exploiting no matter how you look at it and people that did that should not be punished. Playing with a team on Elite while messing with the level is an Exploit and should be punished.

So if a person soloed Elite and got to level 110, they should keep their levels, but they have no life IMO.
This discussion has been closed.