test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elite Fleet Adaptive Resilient Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x2 [ResB] [Adapt] bugging

xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
Hi there,

I fly a Scimitar with my main, and my Elite Fleet Adaptive Resilient Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x2 [ResB] [Adapt] does not adapt to incoming damage anymore. Neither does the visual shield effect change, nor do I get the buff. I verified this multiple times against friends with different energy types in private challanges and versus NPCs (Borg plasma, Vaadwaur polaron and Tal'Shiar disruptor to be precise).

Switching the shield does not work. All my other characters except my science use the same shield, and they have no problems.

Caerys@SpaceMarine1988
Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
latest?cb=20130715204749
Buy gold!
Post edited by xiaoping88 on

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a similar problem it does a adapt to most energy types however for a lot of the enemies in delta it refuses to adapt.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Anyone else with this problem? Can a dev verify this? Is there a way to deal with the problem on my own? My main ship is too squishy for my tastes without the resistence bonuses. I paid for that fleet shield, I would like to use it.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • therealhippotherealhippo Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I also have this bug

Not sure when it happened but I have upgraded mine to XIV, there is no resistance stacking anymore on either from old world damage or in the new content.

Just another of the endless bugs...
  • stormcrow704stormcrow704 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good to know.
    edited October 2014
    Just to confirm with some details:-

Item: Elite Fleet Adaptive Resilient Shield Array Mk XIV [Cap]x2 [ResB] [Adapt]

Bug: No resistance stacking applied. No tooltip icon, no change in stats.

Tested against: Borg STF, Argala Patrol Mobs, Private SB24 Mobs all with the same result.
    edited October 2014
    Just to confirm with some details:-

Item: Elite Fleet Adaptive Resilient Shield Array Mk XIV [Cap]x2 [ResB] [Adapt]

Bug: No resistance stacking applied. No tooltip icon, no change in stats.

Tested against: Borg STF, Argala Patrol Mobs, Private SB24 Mobs all with the same result.

I didn't upgrade my shield yet, but the bug seems to be exactly the same.

Is suspect it might have something to do with the specialization passives, but that's just a wild guess.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • xarkavierxarkavier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    YES! Oh thank you, what a relief!

I have been experiencing the same issue with my Elite Res B shield, on my Scimitar, no bonus to resistances and no visual effects when receiving damage.

Not only that, I am also having similar issues with my Elite Singularity core, it isn't applying the Amp bonus, nor is the Battery ability the core provides working (can't click to activate).

My Zero Point Energy Conduit is also bugged, the Critical chance bonus isn't applying.

I have my own thread, with evidence pictures.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1249261
    edited October 2014
    One further thing to add after some testing is that the Aegis Shield, which has a similar resistance stacking buff, is working as intended.

I thought it might be worth mentioning as a point of reference for bug fixing.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I upgraded mine to mk 14. The stacking resistance buff works, but I face different issue.

When I was using mk 13 fleet shields, I had 7k shield and 199 shield regen in space. I since upgraded them to mk 14 and now they give me 6991 shield and 194 shield regen in space. However, when I put them in my inventory, they say 8100 shield and 225 shield regen.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
    edited October 2014
    One further thing to add after some testing is that the Aegis Shield, which has a similar resistance stacking buff, is working as intended.

I thought it might be worth mentioning as a point of reference for bug fixing.
    guilli88 wrote: »
    I upgraded mine to mk 14. The stacking resistance buff works, but I face different issue.

When I was using mk 13 fleet shields, I had 7k shield and 199 shield regen in space. I since upgraded them to mk 14 and now they give me 6991 shield and 194 shield regen in space. However, when I put them in my inventory, they say 8100 shield and 225 shield regen.

Edit: The issue resolved itself, they starred working correctly after a few changes in space zones. I just hope they keep working...

sig

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • xarkavierxarkavier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seems there aren't enough people with these particular issues to elevate it into any kind of spotlight, even though I would consider this a somewhat major set of problems.

If we could get a Dev to acknowledge this issue, it would go a long way towards boosting our/my confidence in hoping for a fix.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Just a Question for the OP to help narrow things down.

Does the Adaptation work on this Character when the Shield is Tried on other Ships on the Character?

I see many people are saying its occurring on the Scimitar, but is it occurring on your other ships that the character has? Example, does it work when you swap to your Shuttle?

Just trying to rule out the Ship as the Cause.
    edited October 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Just a Question for the OP to help narrow things down.

Does the Adaptation work on this Character when the Shield is Tried on other Ships on the Character?

I see many people are saying its occurring on the Scimitar, but is it occurring on your other ships that the character has? Example, does it work when you swap to your Shuttle?

Just trying to rule out the Ship as the Cause.

I did try it on my shuttle on that character today and it worked perfectly.

I also discovered that there are very rare occassions (maybe one fight in 20) when the shield works on my Scimitar. So far that has only been the case while fighting the Vaadwaur (Polaron damage type).
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited October 2014

My issue has come back. It seems that the shields randomly revert to their low stats every once and a while. Zoning a few times eventually fixes it, but it's frustrating when you don't have the luxury of zoning.

sig

edited October 2014
    Can a Dev please aknowledge this?
    I upgraded my shield to Mk XIII today, but that didn't help with the issue at hand.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm beginning to think this intermittent working/not working is affecting things a lot more than anyone realises. It certainly is also happening with upgraded consoles, for instance the Nukara Console sometimes gives the Crit bonus, and sometimes doesn't. I have had to take it off my ship, it's too unreliable.
    The reason the Shield is being noticed, is because there is normally a clear grahic indication that it's active, an icon, and a shield effect. But there is no icon for weapons, consoles, engines etc etc. Don't you ever get the feeling that your ship has suddenly become way less effective?
    I have started to log out when this happens. Maybe paranoid, but tbh, so much around these 'upgraded' items is broken, that nothing would surprise me.
    edited October 2014
    I'm beginning to think this intermittent working/not working is affecting things a lot more than anyone realises. It certainly is also happening with upgraded consoles, for instance the Nukara Console sometimes gives the Crit bonus, and sometimes doesn't. I have had to take it off my ship, it's too unreliable.
    The reason the Shield is being noticed, is because there is normally a clear grahic indication that it's active, an icon, and a shield effect. But there is no icon for weapons, consoles, engines etc etc. Don't you ever get the feeling that your ship has suddenly become way less effective?
    I have started to log out when this happens. Maybe paranoid, but tbh, so much around these 'upgraded' items is broken, that nothing would surprise me.

Well, I regulary put my ships in fun 1on1 matches against my friends.
    No PvPer at all. Just fun. But my Scimitar always blew the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought and the Odyssee of my friends out of the water... even when working together.

Then DR happened. With changing nothing, from one day to the other the Scimitar lost against the Dreadnought Carrier.

The shield is the only problem I could put my finger on right away. But something really seems to be fishy with my Crit Chance as well.
    I already had 31 percent. AFTER upgrading three of my Vulnerability Locators, the Nukara und the Zero Point consoles to MkXIII (one tac console is gold now), I am down to 30.1 percent chance.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Well, I regulary put my ships in fun 1on1 matches against my friends.
    No PvPer at all. Just fun. But my Scimitar always blew the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought and the Odyssee of my friends out of the water... even when working together.

Then DR happened. With changing nothing, from one day to the other the Scimitar lost against the Dreadnought Carrier.

The shield is the only problem I could put my finger on right away. But something really seems to be fishy with my Crit Chance as well.
    I already had 31 percent. AFTER upgrading three of my Vulnerability Locators, the Nukara und the Zero Point consoles to MkXIII (one tac console is gold now), I am down to 30.1 percent chance.

I should have said it was My Zero Point console that is definately not working, and other people have said the same, theres at least 2 threads about it. Worked, upgraded, worked, then stopped working, upgraded to !V, worked, then stopped again.
    edited October 2014
    *sigh*

God knows what else is broken in the backround we don't even realize.
    Those numbers need to be reliable! If they aren't, the fun part of the game - building the ships - is broken.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited October 2014
    Over a week with this problem now.

I ask again, and I will keep asking: can a Dev aknowledge this?
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited October 2014
    I am begging at this point.
    Please, someone from the Dev team... aknowledge and fix this. Pleeeeaaseee.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • magicmy2k12magicmy2k12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ive this same Problem.. no adept...
    Please devs. fix this
  • ragnorok2722ragnorok2722 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So I'm just curios cause GM's in this game must think all the players are stupid but what's everyones shield strength base not upgraded
  • ragnorok2722ragnorok2722 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh yeah for anyone that reads this thread as well .. I'm just curios but do GM's ever do anything but blame players and say they can't do anything submit a bug TRIBBLE cause they screwed up but won't take responsibility
    edited October 2014
    Here is your daily reminder:

IT STILL DOESN'T WORK.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited October 2014
    Yup still broken.

I've tried numerous things to get them to work again, but nothing seems to force them to change.

If the Devs don't fix it soon I'm sending Neelix round to Cryptic HQ for some 'motivational speaking' :D
    edited October 2014
    No mention of this issue in the new patch notes, too.

Not even under "known issues".

This is getting old pretty fast, Cryptic.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited October 2014
    Eh, I don't even know why this is happening. Never realized that before, so listen up:

My Fleet Tac Vulnerability Locators should add 1.6 percent Crit Chance in their normal, ultraviolet MK XII versions.

If I have them in my inventory, the tool tip says just that.

As soon as I put them on my Scimitar, they only add 1.4 percent crit chance.

Same for my Zero Point Energy Conduit. Should add what? 1.9 percent CrtH at MKXIII. In my inventory, it does say so.
    As soon as I put that damn thing in my Scimitar, it goes down to 1.7, LESS then the original MKXII 1.8 CrtH.

WHAT THE HELL?
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited October 2014
    Did some testing today across some different shields.

I'm not entirely convinced the shields are completely bugged. The buff/tooltips don't show and the increase in resistance doesn't show in the ship stats, but it feels like they are working.

I know that sounds completely subjective, but you get used to how much resistance to damage your ship has and it feels like this is increasing during combat.

I wish I could offer the devs more in data, if you are reading this devs and you want me to run tests I'd be happy to do so to try and get more data.

There are lots of items bugged at the moment with inconsistent values, maybe these shields are part of that?
    edited October 2014
    Hm, I am pretty sure my resitences don't work. My Scimitar never felt that squishy before, even in challenge PvP matches with friends - and they have changed nothing on their ships.

As far as the CrtH problem is concerned... consoles are actually scaling to level 50 instances?!
    If I go to the Sphere Allied Zone, I am scaled down to level 50 and my Tac Consoles only give 1.4 CrtH.
    The same ship, the same zone, the same console - three weeks ago - it gave me the 1.6 CrtH it should.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!