test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disable Online?

freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Seems to me that the current meta is heading down a path of teams being perma disabled. Be it the Benthan Cruiser trait that seems to ignore disable resists or the new intel ability Electromagnetic Pulse Probe. Is this what it's coming to? The queues are nearly always empty, save for the lone enthusiast that seems to have latent masochistic tendencies.

Your opinion? Is it a good thing that the new intel ships can have the same amount of CC as the SCIs of old? Can Cryptic even do anything at this point to rectify what they have caused?
Post edited by freenos85 on

Comments

• Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Electromagnetic Pulse Probe is going to need a bit of tune (same with override subsystem), and the trait from the benthan crusier is broken an overpowered as ****, is screaming for a fix and a nerf.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    realmarajaderealmarajade Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Disable Online... Dead Trek Online.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The intel disables are cleared by intel team.

Just saying you guys aren't still trying to pvp in your Dino ships are you ? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Just saying you guys aren't still trying to pvp in your Dino ships are you ? lol

Weren't you the one telling everybody that there's no point in ever flying another ship but the Wells. With its 2min cd reducing self-repair?
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    freenos85 wrote: »
    Weren't you the one telling everybody that there's no point in ever flying another ship but the Wells. With its 2min cd reducing self-repair?

Can't say I recall saying that exactly... it is one of the few viable t5u though.........

I was also joking. lol

Yes game is now full of a ton of intel disables so if your not premading with guys that have lots of Intel team to share or carrying your own.. I agree its going to be unplayable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seems to me that the current meta is heading down a path of teams being perma disabled. Be it the Benthan Cruiser trait that seems to ignore disable resists or the new intel ability Electromagnetic Pulse Probe. Is this what it's coming to? The queues are nearly always empty, save for the lone enthusiast that seems to have latent masochistic tendencies.

Your opinion? Is it a good thing that the new intel ships can have the same amount of CC as the SCIs of old? Can Cryptic even do anything at this point to rectify what they have caused?

I would have to say more. And more effective.

And as a plus, it can have it all at system cool down.

Take THAT and T5U it!!!

The only funny bit is that you left out some of the better ones. Well not sure if it's actually funny or not.:rolleyes:

Annnnnd...doesn't Intel Team only remove the Gather Intell exposes that only feature zero disables?
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    when i pvp with my op tier 6 ships, loaded with just the right intel skill that i know how to use VERY WELL now, it REALLY feels like i payed $125 more then my opponents :P
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Makes me wonder what will happen when they finally release the T6F Ships.

I stll find it funny that there's a T6 Lockbox ship that came out at the same time as the other T6 ships.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    thissler wrote: »
    The only funny bit is that you left out some of the better ones.

Which would be?
    when i pvp with my op tier 6 ships, loaded with just the right intel skill that i know how to use VERY WELL now, it REALLY feels like i payed $125 more then my opponents :P

Yeah, i feel that until the fleet versions of these are resleased this divide will persist. Not only because of all the traits, but also because of the mentioned abilities.
    Also, when and who are you playing against? The queues are always empty for me.
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Why are you spreading misinformation?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTTom_t3OeM#t=1136
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    vipercgvipercg Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah being in a t5u ship and going against someone with t6 running Ionic Turbulence and Pulse Probe with max aux and specc'd for it = All your trays locked out for 20 seconds... not fun.

Mix in gravity well and disable engines = can't run from ionic turbulence.

So I imagine over the next few days everyone will be running disable ships and t5u ships will be useless against t6 ships in pvp.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Which would be?

Viral Burst and Ionic Turbulence. Good times.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Which would be?

Yeah, i feel that until the fleet versions of these are resleased this divide will persist. Not only because of all the traits, but also because of the mentioned abilities.
    Also, when and who are you playing against? The queues are always empty for me.

every once and a wile there are people on. fleet versions wont really bring anything to the table but slightly higher stats, and 1 more consoles. most of the matches ive gotten were against mostly pretty terrible players, but even the good ones fell VERY quickly. 3 DHC SS+ neutronic spread 3 wile in an ionic cloud is a death sentence on ANYTHING when timed just right.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Hm. not so sure. I bought the Faeht and played with Intel abilities for a good while. They don't seem game breaking to me. Ships like Wells, Tempest, Xindi, Mobius, Hunter etc. still pose a good threat if flew correctly.

Oook I admit the Plasma Lance crits for 90k raw. But hey, still no match for a Scimitar's brutal firepower.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    fleet versions wont really bring anything to the table but slightly higher stats, and 1 more consoles.

It will make the ships more available and at a lower price point too. At least if it doesn't require a T6 shipyard ...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It will make the ships more available and at a lower price point too. At least if it doesn't require a T6 shipyard ...

tier 6 fleet ships will all take 5 or maybe even 6 fleet mods probably. and they are being held back because the next season will introduce some new fleet holding in the delta quadrant of some kind, and all the fleet tier 6 ships will be locked behind it. this kind of thing is getting way to predictable.

Hm. not so sure. I bought the Faeht and played with Intel abilities for a good while. They don't seem game breaking to me. Ships like Wells, Tempest, Xindi, Mobius, Hunter etc. still pose a good threat if flew correctly.

Oook I admit the Plasma Lance crits for 90k raw. But hey, still no match for a Scimitar's brutal firepower.

in terms of overwhelming power, thats probably the weakest of the tier 6. like all warbirds, its not a scraper, best if you built to utilize the EBC or intel vape with it. the intel cruisers are the real monsters, with their AtB friendly setup and low opportunity cost for slotting up to 4 intel skills.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok im sorry but: wtf are you all talking about? Intel powers are nice, but they do not do very much. Ionic Turbulance, sure it slows you down but its still REALLY easy to get away from, just use Evasive Maneuvers, and if you REALLY dont like it slot EptE, or Aux to Inertia dampers.

As for EMP probe, that does literally nothing. I've got hit by it so many times, PvE and PvP and it does nothing. Drains my shields maybe by 100hp and when I actually sit still and let it hit me directly it disables me for all of 2 sec, big deal. More importantly thats also something thats really easy to get away from.

The only Intel powers that are useful are the gather intel powers. However those take 15 sec of being within 10km to take effect and they can only be used on one person at a time.
    edited October 2014
    LOL you guys still playing "spacebar" pvp? Try ground pvp. Oops nevermind ground finally got TRIBBLE ***** this season. Nevermind pvp is dead!
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited October 2014

thats not true. Tactical Team/Eng Team/Sci Team/Hazzards clean the debuffs from the inteligence bridge officer abilities, the only ones that are only clean by intel team are those from the gather inteligence of the intel ships.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOL you guys still playing "spacebar" pvp? Try ground pvp. Oops nevermind ground finally got TRIBBLE ***** this season. Nevermind pvp is dead!

*Points to sig*

*Happy, fuzzy bear smiles at you*
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    *Points to sig*

*Happy, fuzzy bear smiles at you*

I am there waiting on some form of vgpvp match top start up although suppose I could just as well try some vpvp space since I don't have to regrind my life away.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    tier 6 fleet ships will all take 5 or maybe even 6 fleet mods probably. and they are being held back because the next season will introduce some new fleet holding in the delta quadrant of some kind, and all the fleet tier 6 ships will be locked behind it. this kind of thing is getting way to predictable.

in terms of overwhelming power, thats probably the weakest of the tier 6. like all warbirds, its not a scraper, best if you built to utilize the EBC or intel vape with it. the intel cruisers are the real monsters, with their AtB friendly setup and low opportunity cost for slotting up to 4 intel skills.

Guardian cruiser isn't AtB friendly at all honestly. no double AtB1 if you want to use an Intel power. Qib seems good (still hasn't got the Avenger's punch to me in the current state), Eclipse is a beam boat, same story as the Avenger. (I bet people won't see that I'm a dual heavy cannons guy lol). Matha has the hitting power but it's slow. Easily owned by a Contortrix.

Dauntless is... uh... nothing. Scryer a good partigen platform, but Vesta line is still the top dog, namely because of sensor analysis, hangar, aux cannons, set, universals.

Phantom, heh I'm better not talking about it, just because of sheer uglyness and Defiant's plague. Tempest eats it for breakfast with the double ltmdrs.

Faeht was the only one intriguing me, that's why I bought it. Gave it to my romulan sci as well, can do some nasty businesses with EBC.
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited October 2014
    P2w t6 powers for roleplayers . No need to change ...let us see who are the nOObets who pay geko for broken stuffs

making a list with those who use it in pvp for future lols :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I just wish they would finally add a "vs. player" modifier to all the more or less broken stuff to tone it down a bit. But of course they won't do that, because it's against their "design philosophy" ... or some such excuse.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just wish they would finally add a "vs. player" modifier to all the more or less broken stuff to tone it down a bit. But of course they won't do that, because it's against their "design philosophy" ... or some such excuse.

Well, they've done that with EMP probe, but yeah it'd be nice if they did it with a whole load of stuff.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guardian cruiser isn't AtB friendly at all honestly. no double AtB1 if you want to use an Intel power. Qib seems good (still hasn't got the Avenger's punch to me in the current state), Eclipse is a beam boat, same story as the Avenger. (I bet people won't see that I'm a dual heavy cannons guy lol). Matha has the hitting power but it's slow. Easily owned by a Contortrix.

Dauntless is... uh... nothing. Scryer a good partigen platform, but Vesta line is still the top dog, namely because of sensor analysis, hangar, aux cannons, set, universals.

Phantom, heh I'm better not talking about it, just because of sheer uglyness and Defiant's plague. Tempest eats it for breakfast with the double ltmdrs.

Faeht was the only one intriguing me, that's why I bought it. Gave it to my romulan sci as well, can do some nasty businesses with EBC.

The eclipse lets you have:

- a2b perma cycle
    - always power to shields 3.
    - HE on global.
    - intel powers basically on global.

Intel powers take up the slack since you only trade the ensign, lt com and com engineering slots and the ensign and lt science slots for them. Compared to the powers available in those slot,s the intel powers are flat out better.

Release safetys + surgical strikes nets you a whopper of burst damage (abuse with crit severity weapons...) and since you only had to trade worthless engineering slots for them, you get to eat yoru tac cake to. LTcom tac is enough for any combination of attack patterns and torpedo/energy weapon skills. Although i clearly tend towards beta 2, spread 2 and tac team.

I think that surgical strikes is just too good to pass usage of it up for faw or bo.

Although bo3 with safetys released can also net you a massive hit (again, use a crit sev weapon...).

The intel powers offer enough in terms of debuffing and lockdown to make a non acc weapon viable to use.

The Guardian cruiser is a joke. Why you would buy that i do not know.

The phantom and scryer suffer the MASSIVE drawbacks of trading up your best tac or sci slots for intel powers.
    I think you are shooting yourself in the foot with these, but some niche builds are possible, mostly aiming at extended disable/lockdown cycles for the scyrer and vaping for the phatom.

I still consider the eclipse king though. You get your cake and eat it too.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    The eclipse lets you have:

- a2b perma cycle
    - always power to shields 3.
    - HE on global.
    - intel powers basically on global.

Intel powers take up the slack since you only trade the ensign, lt com and com engineering slots and the ensign and lt science slots for them. Compared to the powers available in those slot,s the intel powers are flat out better.

Release safetys + surgical strikes nets you a whopper of burst damage (abuse with crit severity weapons...) and since you only had to trade worthless engineering slots for them, you get to eat yoru tac cake to. LTcom tac is enough for any combination of attack patterns and torpedo/energy weapon skills. Although i clearly tend towards beta 2, spread 2 and tac team.

I think that surgical strikes is just too good to pass usage of it up for faw or bo.

Although bo3 with safetys released can also net you a massive hit (again, use a crit sev weapon...).

The intel powers offer enough in terms of debuffing and lockdown to make a non acc weapon viable to use.

The Guardian cruiser is a joke. Why you would buy that i do not know.

The phantom and scryer suffer the MASSIVE drawbacks of trading up your best tac or sci slots for intel powers.
    I think you are shooting yourself in the foot with these, but some niche builds are possible, mostly aiming at extended disable/lockdown cycles for the scyrer and vaping for the phatom.

I still consider the eclipse king though. You get your cake and eat it too.

Eclipse is beam boat king, but that's about it. 7/8 beams versus Avenger's 5 Dual Heavies. Can't do as much damage even with override and surgical.
  • Options
    grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited October 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    grandpadxx wrote: »