test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Argala 5K XP in 8 min Advanced Difficulty

Comments

• rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can it be done as a group, you know for the fun of it? Currently I can't run STF's because ISA is full of nubs and trolls, ISN has no point for it's rewards, ISE is impossible unless you are sarcasmdetector and his mates...

BTW just insert the correct STF name instead of IS, it's just an easier way to say it.

Oh and if you do try it as a group, do you get the same amount of XP as you would solo? Or have they done the same as the Aussie government and made it illegal for more than 3 people to be together in a public place...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    STOP SNITCHIN'!!!111!!!

:cool:
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I honestly think the Tau Dewa Nerf had more to do with players not using DR Content to level than DAngelo is willing to admit.

They had more people lingering and leveling in Japori then all of DQ. That just didnt look good for their PWE Overlords when they go to give a progress report. The fact that it took them until DR released to realize there was some broken mechanic in Tau Dewa. I call bull****. Someone a long the way would have discovered that vague exploit DAngelo mentioned long before DR and theyd have been able to see it was there.

Im really unsure if theyll bother to nerf the Argala Advance Queues unless they believe itll hurt their bottomline.

You're absolutely right! Besides, Argala isn't even in Tau Dewa: it's in the Delta Quadrant!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Ikr?!

Okay, then, for crying out-load, I'd like dev confirmation that patrolling Argala, solo, is not an exploit.

^^ Devs rarely, if ever, respond, I realize that. But let the record show that I *did* ask, in public, about whether or not running patrols in Argala is an exploit.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    ^^ Devs rarely, if ever, respond, I realize that. But let the record show that I *did* ask, in public, about whether or not running patrols in Argala is an exploit.

Soon enough the game will be dead and none of it will matter :rolleyes:
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So has anyone run into anything thats a good XP source for running solo? I mean teams can be nice sometimes, but its getting to the point that one can't go the bathroom without five people.
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dAngelo said, if its too good to be true, ist an exploit. so this is one.

Here's a new one. Winning a lock box scam is an exploit. Because it's too good to be true when you pull that prized ship.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LMAO, it's still gonna take 10 hours per level with breaks, that's about 80 hours to get to 60 not counting anything else, I think they'll be happy with that.

Wait... you can still get to Level 60?! That HAS to be an Exploit! :D
    edited October 2014
    LMAO, it's still gonna take 10 hours per level with breaks, that's about 80 hours to get to 60 not counting anything else, I think they'll be happy with that.

Wait, wut?! If it takes you 10 hours per level, then you're doing it wrong! In fact, no offense, but I'm beginning to suspect it's people like YOU that caused D'Angelo to say we went 17x faster than people elsewhere, and were therefore exploiters!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jb9kjb9k Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Players playing the way they want to instead of following d'angelo's orders for fun, this must be stopped immediately.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I really feel sorry for the OP, posting useful (albeit old) info to help people having trouble (or just complaining about) leveling and it degenerates in to yet another "look out, they'll take you points away hurr hurr hurrr"

5k is a respectable and non-exploitive reward for the amount of work done, if you want to lvl without doing anything stick to doffing :cool:
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    i really dont know why they didnt just link exp to the target hp in the first place.

yeah something. I played all day today and I got a whopping quarter level... I'm not feeling the sense of progress.
    edited October 2014
    I really feel sorry for the OP, posting useful (albeit old) info to help people having trouble (or just complaining about) leveling and it degenerates in to yet another "look out, they'll take you points away hurr hurr hurrr"

5k is a respectable and non-exploitive reward for the amount of work done, if you want to lvl without doing anything stick to doffing :cool:

I don't think the OP will really feel offended. :) In fact, the situation is indeed quite laughable. But not because ppl unreasonably think their skillpoints might be taken away, but... because it already happened.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    I don't think the OP will really feel offended. :) In fact, the situation is indeed quite laughable. But not because ppl unreasonably think their skillpoints might be taken away, but... because it already happened.

really? when......ohhhh I see what you did there, that's so cute :)
    edited October 2014
    really? when......ohhhh I see what you did there, that's so cute :)

I did wut?! All I meant to say is, that, heretofore, the notion is Cryptic deeming patrolling an 'exploit' would have been laughable. Until one day it happened. So, now, not so sure any more. There was a guy posting somewhere it takes him 8 hours for 1 level. And then I'm secretly thinking "OMG! Are we gonna be branded 'exploiters' again?! Cuz 1 level takes me about 5x less time."

And THAT is the insanity of the whole deal.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OP, a word of advice from someone who has been burned for doing exactly what you ar enot (trying ot be helpful) - if/when Cryptic nerfs this and calls it an exploit, better don your asbestos suit cause the fames will roar...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
    edited October 2014
    I did wut?! All I meant to say is, that, heretofore, the notion is Cryptic deeming patrolling an 'exploit' would have been laughable. Until one day it happened. So, now, not so sure any more. There was a guy posting somewhere it takes him 8 hours for 1 level. And then I'm secretly thinking "OMG! Are we gonna be branded 'exploiters' again?! Cuz 1 level takes me about 5x less time."

And THAT is the insanity of the whole deal.

accept it really didn't happen, and if after all this time you still think that it did you are either grossly misinformed or hoplessly delutional
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This really is the most time efficient way of earning skill points, just like the battle zones are the most time efficient way to earn dilithium. The skill earned in the battle zones, by the way, is laughable.

Argala on advanced takes about 8 minutes, give or take a minute or two depending on whether it is Kazon, Hirogen, or Malon. Elite takes more than double the time to complete, with maybe 110-120 XP more per ship.
    Galactic Horde.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We will be bringing down the servers tomorrow to prevent a potential exploit by removing all XP rewards from patrol missions.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    accept it really didn't happen, and if after all this time you still think that it did you are either grossly misinformed or hoplessly delutional

It didn't happen?

Are you seriously going to sit there and demand that Cryptic didn’t go nuts over people using patrols for XP gain and went immediately into RED ALERT mode, closing the patrols in that sector, nerfing the xo gain and penalizing a portion of the players who used the patrols to gain levels?

Somebody’s delusional… but it’s not meimeitoo…
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
    edited October 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    It didn't happen?

Are you seriously going to sit there and demand that Cryptic didn’t go nuts over peoples exploiting a bug for XP gain and went immediately into RED ALERT mode, closing the patrols in that sector, correcting the mistake and removing the falsely awarded xp from the players who used the patrols to gain levels?

I used to be delusional… but i am feeling much better now…

fixed, now we are getting somewhere
    edited October 2014

Lolwut?! What didn't happen?! You're not even making enough sense to get upset over. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    http://youtu.be/LuSMAiCVNP0

After trying all sorts of missions and patrols this one still tops the XP. Battleship Royal Rumble will give up to 5K XP with some good loot but takes a bit longer and once you hit the cap you no longer get drops or XP.

Trying Argala on normal, advanced and elite, advanced tops the score at 8 min repeatedly making 5000 XP+, that's one tenth of a level, so you can make a full level in under an hour.

This was done in a double A2B Gal-X at 23% crtH, 4 phasers, gravimetric torp, heavy phaser turret (and console) and the experimental proton weapon (and console). It was so easy I could have increased the crtH whilst reducing resists making this run faster but I wanted to see what a reasonably good Gal-X can do it in. My Scim would clear this faster as would a good Narcine.

I should note that I was using a lot of warp plasma to stop the Kazon from running away, it lasts longer than a grav well and tends to group them nicely if you time the dump well.

I've not tested it on Eng or Sci, for them normal may still be better.

Hope that helps.

Really you didn't learn from the Tau Dewa fiasco to not post this TRIBBLE on the forums?

Nerf coming in for sure.
  • tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Where is argala?
    edited October 2014
    Where is argala?

top sector of the delta quadrant
    edited October 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    OP, a word of advice from someone who has been burned for doing exactly what you ar enot (trying ot be helpful) - if/when Cryptic nerfs this and calls it an exploit, better don your asbestos suit cause the fames will roar...

The difference is, when you did it you were being helpful before it was really expected that Cryptic would call playing the game an exploit.

Now we know differently, so doing this is kind of off kilter. Still Argala is in the Delta Quadrant so there's a good chance that it won't be called an exploit since the difference is, Argala is new material, while Tau Dewa is old material they don't want anyone playing anymore.
    edited October 2014
    if cryptic was so dead set against letting players grind patrols they must be frothing at the mouth right now considering players started grinding argala all of 30 minutes after tau dewa closed down (and still are in spades).as I said earlier this is old news, if they were going to nerf it, they sure are taking their sweet time about it
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    The difference is, when you did it you were being helpful before it was really expected that Cryptic would call playing the game an exploit.

Now we know differently, so doing this is kind of off kilter. Still Argala is in the Delta Quadrant so there's a good chance that it won't be called an exploit since the difference is, Argala is new material, while Tau Dewa is old material they don't want anyone playing anymore.

lol, if this was true why put tau dewa back up at all? just leave it broken an claim they couldn't fix it. if you going to spout wild conspiracy theories at least pick one that makes sense
    edited October 2014
    lol, if this was true why put tau dewa back up at all? just leave it broken an claim they couldn't fix it. if you going to spout wild conspiracy theories at least pick one that makes sense

Wild conspiracy theories? Really? LoR was launched middle of last year. Tau Dewa was introduced then, and was broken in the same fashion back then. Now suddenly it's an exploit but doing the exact same thing in Argala is acceptable?

I get it, you love Cryptic and Cryptic can do no wrong in your eyes, but really it's not that hard to see, even with someone with Cryptic rose glasses and blinders on.
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Wild conspiracy theories? Really? LoR was launched middle of last year. Tau Dewa was introduced then, and was broken in the same fashion back then. Now suddenly it's an exploit but doing the exact same thing in Argala is acceptable?

I get it, you love Cryptic and Cryptic can do no wrong in your eyes, but really it's not that hard to see, even with someone with Cryptic rose glasses and blinders on.

^^ Rule of Acquisition 309: "Every once in a while make sense, it confuses the hell out of your opponents." :P

That was in support of you, btw.
    3lsZz0w.jpg