test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

exchange not posting items

havok19783havok19783 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
i put 12 items on exchange same item and its on my sell tab but no one can see it my friends cant see it at one time i watched 10 things higher price than mine by a million sell but mine aren't
Post edited by havok19783 on

Comments

• havok19783havok19783 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    and they were on they have been on there for the past 24 hours
  • eduayreseduayres Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem here, and mail system defective... I've lost 5 masterkeys on this...
  • iksarloveiksarlove Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    same with me. i posted a bunch of stuff on the exchange and none of it showed up. they are very common items but i dont even see other people posting new items to replace sold items. it seems its not just me, but everyone.

on a side note i put 5 stacks of minor components into my bank and then changed instances to a less crowded instance and all the components were back in my inventory but all the ones in my bank were also still there. i tried to reproduce it but had no luck. i hope this doesnt mean there is a duplication glitch in the game now.
    edited October 2014
    its been a week and i have lost 40 mil already on what i could have made i got 12 starship upgrade requisition and i can't sell them
  • penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same, I have about 200mill worth of items that are not appearing on the exchange. Looking at the forums this problem has been present for the past 4 years... so I guess it's a feature.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    eduayres wrote: »
    Same problem here, and mail system defective... I've lost 5 masterkeys on this...

Sounds like you need to report this to GM, if you are the one who bought them with cash.
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can confirm this. I posted things on the exchange at far below market rate, just to see if it was just that I couldn't see them, but they have not been selling. I still get some things sold, but never while I'm on. Could it be that things are kept in a sort of "exchange inventory" until you log off, and then they appear on the exchange?
  • baratgabbaratgab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can confirm it too. :( In fact, I came here searching for this exact problem after I noticed it in the game.

I hope they'll manage to sort it out quickly... I have invested in items worth ~50m EC, and can't sell them at the moment. :( Also, Exchange is among the last few things that keep me logging in regularly.
    edited October 2014
    Exchange is still not working. I don't think anyone works at PW/Cryptic over the weekends so I don't think this will even be looked at until Monday. But the exchange is currently useless in this condition.
    edited October 2014
    Just mentioned this in chat on ESD and apparently we are all lying and complete idiots. My ignore list has grown by a few extra people. Why do people act like complete asshats when faced with a simple problem?
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    havok19783 wrote: »
    i put 12 items on exchange same item and its on my sell tab but no one can see it my friends cant see it at one time i watched 10 things higher price than mine by a million sell but mine aren't

Had the same experience. I had no problems putting up doffs for 30~200k, but ship upgrades for the going rate didn't turn up in searches. Took 'em down to be safe.
    edited October 2014
    i reported to gms and all they said was try again and post a bug report
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Some items are buggy as hell in general and some others only to specific ones only to some people. In my case, I can't post +10 crafting bonuses but do fine with superior tech upgrades.

I've said it in about 10 posts since the R&D stuff came out, the Exchange is a complete mess and the bug reports go ignored.
    edited October 2014
    havok19783 wrote: »
    i reported to gms and all they said was try again and post a bug report

I consider this sort of response to be a 'I can't be bothered' response. Which aggravates me even more than the bug. How can they be so heartless? They might as well just go 'sucks to be you' and shut the door in your face.

I am pretty sure the weekend staff at PW just copy and paste that response into everything.

Employee - "I have a broken toe and I can't come into work today."

PW Bot - "Oh please try again and use bug reporting tool."

Sometimes I want to fly over there and man the helpdesk myself. Even though I can't help I would be a bit more sympathetic to people with problems.

/whine

This is still a problem. There are 16 Hazari cruisers on the Exchange and none of them are mine. I can take mine down and add it back in till the PW staff come home, but nothing changes.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's not the worse of it, it has gotten so bad for me, I can no longer post items up for sale. Going on 3 to 4 months. The last of notification on items sold at the exchange, happened on May 4, 2014. *I did sell items after that date, but never got any notifications at all, of being sold*

It slowly snowballed at first at limitations to how many items could be put for sale first, and it just worse and worse, until, things just got kicked back to storage. When attempting to sell, didn't what it was, it was just rejected.

Totally broken for me...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • haskanaelevahaskanaeleva Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I gues this means I should check out my item listings I put in the exchange yesterday o-o
    edited October 2014
    Just been on-line. Nope still not working. Unable to see my items for sale in the exchange. Fleet mates also cannot see the item.

This has already been bug reported, but that doesn't solve the issue. This is ongoing, this is a rip-off and needs a response.
  • vorlienvorlien Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same is happening with me. Been trying sell a fleet ship module and it refuses to actually post. Tried on several different characters. It's being removed from inventory and appears on sell tab but when searching for it, it does not appear in buy tab. Even after posting and waiting a day, it still does not appear on the exchange.
  • trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same here Just tried Posting 4 Ship Upgrade Tokens and not one appeared when searching, had a mate look for them while they were up and they couldn't see them either, really annoying.
  • trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Interesting Point regarding this issue, search for the item with Rank Set To Lieutenant, seems to show more results for items such as ship modules and Ship Upgrade Tokens. Hope this helps some of you! :)
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep, same here. Been 2 days. Tried to sell Master Keys and according to Exchange I should be lowest price, but mine arent showing. And since its happening to others bet Im not the lowest. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Interesting Point regarding this issue, search for the item with Rank Set To Lieutenant, seems to show more results for items such as ship modules and Ship Upgrade Tokens. Hope this helps some of you! :)

well, um...Wow, I did that and saw that there was 3 priced cheaper then mine. Still didnt see mine listed. But removed them and set them to cheaper then what was listed under "lietenant" rank. Searched and there they were. And then they sold immediately.

so....glitched much? lol. Thanks man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    dude you are right alot of people are getting screwed it is showing up at lieutenet that is a major glitch
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    truewarper wrote: »
    That's not the worse of it, it has gotten so bad for me, I can no longer post items up for sale. Going on 3 to 4 months. The last of notification on items sold at the exchange, happened on May 4, 2014. *I did sell items after that date, but never got any notifications at all, of being sold*

It slowly snowballed at first at limitations to how many items could be put for sale first, and it just worse and worse, until, things just got kicked back to storage. When attempting to sell, didn't what it was, it was just rejected.

Totally broken for me...

You do know there is a limit to the amount messages allowed in your mailbox? Make sure you don't have to many... Same to the guy with the missing master keys. Delete some of the messages and the new ones will appear.

I had the same thing happen to me when I was mailed crafting mats and never got them. I forgot about the limit to the number of mail items displayed.
  • minicon11minicon11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Started w week ago. When I tried to post more than six items it said unable to post and kicked it back to my inventory. Two days ago it would only allow me to post 2 items before kicking it back. now it won't let me post anything.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, did that yesterday, and saw the token and later messages. What is really needed, is a mass select delete button, for the mail. Doing it one by one...is boring.
    You do know there is a limit to the amount messages allowed in your mailbox? Make sure you don't have to many... Same to the guy with the missing master keys. Delete some of the messages and the new ones will appear.

I had the same thing happen to me when I was mailed crafting mats and never got them. I forgot about the limit to the number of mail items displayed.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • morngwilwilethmorngwilwileth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    minicon11 wrote: »
    Started w week ago. When I tried to post more than six items it said unable to post and kicked it back to my inventory. Two days ago it would only allow me to post 2 items before kicking it back. now it won't let me post anything.

I had the same issue! i can post only 7. And I solve this: first of all you need to check your Mail via terminal and clean it up. I think that you find a lot of expired exchange sales - you need to take bake this expired item.
  • t9andromat9androma Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Problem resolved
  • eduayreseduayres Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Problem NOT SOLVED!

Only one of my 3 chars can post on exc, the rest of them, NOTHING!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bumping.

No word from devs on this? It's a pretty serious issue. The exchange keeps getting worse and worse. The filters have been broken for months. Ascending price per unit and descending price per unit's values are switched and have been since April. Now I'm having the same issues as everyone else. It seems like cheaper items that I list are instantly posted, but "expensive" items, say 200k and up don't post instantly and other people's more expensive items sell before mine.

I also noticed that searching for items is broken. If I search for a master key by name, it will not show the cheapest keys on the exchange. However if I use the button on the left side that says master key, and leave the search field blank, I am able to see cheaper master keys than I would from searching for it by name.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.