What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - October 24, 2014

Comments

• Options
    coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Many of the XP changes that were put on to Holodeck yesterday are not reflected in the current Tribble build but they will match when Tribble is updated next.
  • Options
    c3141pwac3141pwa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Many of the XP changes that were put on to Holodeck yesterday are not reflected in the current Tribble build but they will match when Tribble is updated next.

So it is a nerf?
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Sure, but those changes are bugged. The patchnotes for Holodeck state an increase in XP, yet they were cut by 70%. There are threads about that in the Gameplay Bug section of this forum. :)
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So you are confirming that XP on holodeck is working as intended? ... Correct?

This is a point a large percentage of players would like to be clear about.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Edited for my sanity :rolleyes:
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So, the current horrible XP Nerf (more than 70%) that is current on holodeck, is working as intended?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So, does this mean the current holodeck values are intentional? They seem to be the opposite of what the holodeck patch notes stated would be happening.

Edit: I was a little slow typing this, heh.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    genhauk wrote: »
    So you are confirming that XP on holodeck is working as intended? ... Correct?

This is a point a large percentage of players would like to things to be clear about.

I have no idea how you could read that out of his statement. :confused:
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    SPEC POINTS and EXP NERF?????
    Stop that. Pay attention to what the guy is saying.
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Stop that. Pay attention to what the guy is saying.

no **** that i want my spec points back and exp unnerfed.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »

He worded it very...cryptically and didn't really answer the question. Holodeck values will be synced to Tribble is all I get out of it, not whether or not the Holodeck values are actually correct (although syncing them implies that they are, to me).
  • Options
    edited October 2014

No, but that is what it is sounding like. ... And you KNOW players will assume that is what it means.

So that's why they need to be VERY clear and confirm or deny .... or players will run with it and pitchfork / torch sales will go through the roof.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Coldsnapped--the patch notes for Holodeck yesterday stated that XP was to be worth 2x the skill point value, but what we are currently seeing on Holodeck is in fact skill points / 2. This has resulted in a 70% DROP in XP. Please make sure the two dev teams talk and that we are very sure as to what is and is not intended. Are the Holodeck notes right as to what you intended and we have a bug on Holodeck that risks being imported to Tribble? Or are the Holodeck notes wrong and you intended to cut XP down to 70% of its current value?

Note that the difference before pre-patch XP and post-patch on Holodeck appears to be in line with the results that I calculate would occur if someone inadvertently divided instead of adding. (I came up with 72% that would result from dividing by 2 instead of multiplying.)

I want us all to be very clear about what you are and are not saying, so that we understand exactly what you intend.

For your reference, there are calculations available in the Gameplay Bug Report forum and I PM'ed the same to Bort last night.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    He worded it very...cryptically and didn't really answer the question. Holodeck values will be synced to Tribble is all I get out of it, not whether or not the Holodeck values are actually correct (although syncing them implies that they are, to me).

I assumed he wasn't aware of the probable bug with the holodeck changes, most stuff appears on Tribble first after all. :)
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Right, which is why I just explained the error to him in detail.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    can the DR patrol missions as a whole even be repeated for the reward...otherwise there is no point in the changing of reward if you can only do it once.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I assumed he wasn't aware of the probable bug with the holodeck changes, most stuff appears on Tribble first after all. :)

I'm just wanting clarification ... and honestly. If it is a bug, that clarification right here and now will help put out forum fires before the ignite worse than the already have. :)

PR is very important in moments like this as is strong communication.

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    genhauk wrote: »
    No, but that is what it is sounding like. ... And you KNOW players will assume that is what it means.

So that's why they need to be VERY clear and confirm or deny .... or players will run with it and pitchfork / torch sales will go through the roof.

On the contrary, I think many players are becoming sympathetic to the devs who've obviously been overwhelmed with some unplanned issues that appeared from the last couple of patches on holo. I think we should just cool it on the snarky remarks and give them a chance to work their way out of this mess.

I just can't believe they would intentionally cripple the game like this in the last couple of patches, it's got to be bugs.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To anyone that has already obtained the Heirarchy Boff - your version will remain customizable, even though it is an obvious bug. Made more obvious by the fact that KDF players can put him in a Fed costume, and he has no arms when put into short sleeved uniforms - things like that.

All of the negative remarks about us doing this because we "hate giving players options" or other such nonsense, I frankly find a bit insulting. This Boff was made this way simply because the art time isn't available to address all of the customization options that are clearly 'broken' in the current iteration of the officer. We knew that would be the case when first creating him, and so customization was supposed to be unavailable from the outset.

So we're fixing the bug. That's it.

You're gonna play the insulting card after calling everyone a cheater? Uhhhhh....no
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so the weapon rewards are being nerf'd down to Mk 12 now instead of staying mk 13?
  • Options
    captmasoncaptmason Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have always had a lot of respect for the Developers and want to thank coldsnapped and borticuscryptic for actually taking a moment to try to explain the situation to us. It is very helpful and lets us know what is going on and why.

All of the updates and fixes look awesome. I just wish that Cryptic/PWE would hire someone to be more active and informing us about whats going on.
    Executive Officer of the 1279th Imperial Assault Command
    Fleet Admiral Mason
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    captmason wrote: »
    I have always had a lot of respect for the Developers and want to thank coldsnapped and borticuscryptic for actually taking a moment to try to explain the situation to us. It is very helpful and lets us know what is going on and why.

All of the updates and fixes look awesome. I just wish that Cryptic/PWE would hire someone to be more active and informing us about whats going on.

I agree with completely.

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sure, but those changes are bugged. The patchnotes for Holodeck state an increase in XP, yet they were cut by 70%. There are threads about that in the Gameplay Bug section of this forum. :)

normal xp was buffed... and the xp for advanced and elite was from old code before xpan and now updated to reflect the correct values which are still more than the buffed normal xp.

if you want to grind, grind normal, folks who play on a harder setting do so for the challenge :) and the potential for higher quality drops. I am sure this is their reasoning.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so the weapon rewards are being nerf'd down to Mk 12 now instead of staying mk 13?

Those weapons were always Mk12. Remember 90% of all missions rewarded you with the same choices, including a purple Mk12 phaser beam array [accx3] ? :)
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You have no idea how bad I want to just rage at bort right now. I've written up several horribly rage-y posts but then deleted them at the last second before I posted them. I'll just say that I am not pleased with the entire non-customizable boff situation and leave it at that.

I need to leave this thread now, otherwise I'm going to explode.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    captmasoncaptmason Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The XP rate on Tribble is correct after this patch at least Elites reward over 1K xp.
    Executive Officer of the 1279th Imperial Assault Command
    Fleet Admiral Mason
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The XP nerf is intended. The devs aren't speaking because they've probably been told not to. That's all I can think of.

Move along, or move out.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

could this answer be any more cryptic to the question, was the XP nerf on holo intentional?
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    normal xp was buffed... and the xp for advanced and elite was from old code before xpan and now updated to reflect the correct values which are still more than the buffed normal xp.

if you want to grind, grind normal, folks who play on a harder setting do so for the challenge :) and the potential for higher quality drops. I am sure this is their reasoning.

am i the only one who felt normal exp rewards were nerfed too? i mean 2k xp for an infected space normal or 2,5k xp for a hive onslaught normal is totally bananas. normal also gave much more before the patch.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.