What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mission: The Cavalry - Defense at the Gates bugged

Comments

• Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is just ridiculous, same bug that was on tribble and reported to them many times is now on holodeck. GREAT JOB CRYPTIC. I have changed instance more than 20 times and still can't get past this stupid mission. I am not high enough lvl to skip and go to next mission so now i have to try and grind out skill points on the broken pve system to try and lvl up. I hope you will have this fixed with the maintenance today.
  • Options
    nodznodz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As I predicted last night, not even an acknowledgement that the issue exists.
    PATHETIC
  • Options
    imidailimidail Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    From today's patch notes:
    Kobali Adventure Zone:

Resolved an issue where the open mission “Defense at the Gates” could occasionally be blocked from completing.

Huzzah.
  • Options
    nodznodz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Some zones are already stuck again :mad:.
  • Options
    zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still broken.
  • Options
    firkins27firkins27 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is now day 2 where I'm stuck and unable to progress because of this broken mission. I'm starting to get really mad.
    Find me in game @firkins
    On twitter: @The_Firkins
    Or on twitch: www.twitch.tv/firkins1234
  • Options
    commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this is beyond irritating, how about until you get the damned issue fixed you put a skip in place to auto complete the mission so we can get on with the zone, not being able to do Calvary prevents you from continuing the story on Kobali prime since for some reason all the check points are all tied together. To have to jump around 20 different instances hoping to find one that works is beyond unacceptable.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just spent over a half hour trying to find a working instance. gg
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    rossrobertsonrossrobertson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep, I'm stuck on the same bug. I can't skip the mission as I'm not high enough to do the next one and the game's grindy enough without having to grind for skillpoints to be able to skip it. Nor am I going to jump instances constantly till I manage to get into one where it works.
    Its a bloody farce if this bug was present on tribble and despite feedback, its still on holodeck now, post patch too.
    Looks like I will be waiting a week or whenever the next patch rolls out to see if it actually fixes it.
    Its a pity as I was really enjoying the new story content. God knows we've waited long enough for it.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've now spent nearly an hour hopping from instance to instance trying to find one that was working. No dice.

Since you can't shoot the Kobali, I have been relieving my feelings by venturing out and blowing away some Vaadwaur... at this rate, I might get to level 60 entirely on Vaadwaur slaughtered while waiting for a bugged mission to come unglued.

Seriously, guys: this is blocking storyline progression, so it needs to be fixed - not just an entry in the patch notes saying it's been fixed, I mean actually fixed. Like, for real.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    misskaitlinmisskaitlin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    imidail wrote: »
    From today's patch notes:

Huzzah.

It's adorable you think they actually fixed it, because I assure you, it's not fixed.
    USS Aratama: “Draw The Blade!”
    USS Shigure: “Washed Clean”
    USS Akizuki: “A Light In The Dark”
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Broken as all get out. I can't figure out what's more annoying people yelling at people in zone chat who don't have zone chat enabled or the fact that the mission is SO buggy I actually had to turn it on just to see if I could find a instance that worked.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Just for reference, we have about 66 zones in game right now, none of which work.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    From patch notes: "◦Resolved an issue where the open mission “Defense at the Gates” could occasionally be blocked from completing."

Occasionally meaning on the occasion of the release of Delta Rising.
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, still bugged. Went ahead and dropped it, will do something else for awhile.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Agreed. I'm perma stuck on Recover Wounded Soldiers (2/3) for Defense at the Gates until this is fixed. Its spoiling my fun on Kobali Prime. And I like ground stuff.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like to say thank you Cryptic, I was worried that STO would take the majority if not all of my gaming time, but since I cannot progress through story content; I get to level my characters in Defiance (just got the PC Ultimate Pack for 36 bucks on Amazon).
  • Options
    mktormktor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is the 2nd day I cant progress past this issue... it isnt an "occasional block" as your fix suggests its a major stuff up... zero progression in story line.

Can we get an auto by pass NPC until you actually fix the issue... its not trivial in any manner :mad:
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Run a few patrols to level up to 54, and you can skip it and move on with the plot.

It's irritating, needs to be fixed, but not a total dead end.
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited October 2014
    Not only that the storychain gets blocked by a major bug. This is even more funny if you remember that half of the time you are forced to handle with stupid PvE-NPCs to level up at all to get the next mission....

What kind of strategy is this? Bullying players until they rage-quit? Great Beta-Testing, especially if people tell that they reported the same bugs on Tribble!...
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like Cryptic support

It looks like for some reason, the mission doesnt reset. I have had reports that some of my friends have completed it with no issues.

To hopefully help, here is a screenshot of what is happening on the bridge and on my mission list, it might give you ideas or help you solve what is most likely a very nasty bug

vViMyGn.jpg
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The thing is, it is a dead end to hanging out with my man Kim, so that's a problem there; and as only the second part of the mission on Kobali Prime, it's likely there's a fair bit more (including apparently a pretty good cutscene) locked behind it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i am 54 which mission is next cant see one in avialable
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    nm found it heh thought that was the one before..........
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dear Cryptic.

Why have you doomed the Kobali to such a hard and horrible fate as this? I mean I understand trapped behind shields and walls, I get hundreds of wounded everyday, morale is low and the urge to fight them off at the bridge is daunting enough as it is... but did you really need to send them Harry Kim to aid them? Just Orbital Bombard the planet and put them out of their misery...

j/k. I like Kim, but this is ridiculous that this was supposedly fixed but it just sits there.

BTW, the planet pisses me off. there is something about the constant noise and gloom that just annoys me in a way Nukara and Deferi never did.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When i get to the bridge i have still got 2 boxs top r/h/c, 1 tells me iv completed it & need to rescue the wounded the other tells me i have not completed it ,,,,,,,,,,,:(

I have just dropped the mission gone back to the bridge & its still telling me iv completed it & just need to rescue the wounded,,,,,,,???????

Beamed to ship then back down did not start the mission went to the bridge & still get the same,,,,,,,,,,,i give up.
  • Options
    simc1990simc1990 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi guys
    I'm facing the same problem! As you can imagine I'm a bit fed up about it too...although I found something quite interesting while I was 'jumping' from one instance to another.
    In all but one of the instances you had to 'try' to recover one of the three soldiers.
    While in a sole instance you have to 'try' to recover two of the three soldiers.

Cryptic solve the problem, then you will have happy players but if you don't... you will have a Cavalry of fans after you!

Help us Cryptic!!!
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    still bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alaska2012alaska2012 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And it's down for ANOTHER patch to fix Kobali.

Yes - really.
  • Options
    kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mildly amusing since apparently Cryptic fixed the issue on Tribble, but broke it bringing it over to Holodeck.

All I have for advice is pay attention to zone chat and surely someone will be kind enough to invite you to a working instance. Worked for my main. ...surely the fact she's a hot blonde woman with a clearly feminine name had nothing to do with that. Nothing whatsoever, I'm sure. Though that worked yesterday, not today, so I dunno if they broke all instances now.