test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to launch game

malebissemalebisse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The patch completed fine, but now every time I try to launch the game (to Character selection screen), the game client crashes to a Fatal Error of some sort, which stated that the connection timed out
Post edited by malebisse on

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    If you're getting the Cryptic Error Tracker, please provide the Error Tracker Number which should be at the bottom of the window.
    STO QA Team
  • lrdvaderzlrdvaderz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same here - game crashes at CRYPTIC screen, error message states that it is unable to connect to patch server, no error codes
  • unlivingpsychounlivingpsycho Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you're getting the Cryptic Error Tracker, please provide the Error Tracker Number which should be at the bottom of the window.

oh if i knew i needed that i would have copied it as i am having a simuler issue. boots up, goes to delta rising loading screen then to char select, then screen flickers and turns black then nothing happens but the bg music playing. verifying my files now and will try again if it happens agian i will post the ticket number.
  • macwilliam1975macwilliam1975 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not even getting to the character screen. After the Delta Rising screen, a black screen appears with the mouse pointer loading and never gets beyond that. If I use the mouse or push a button on the keyboard, gameclient not responding window appears. I never have issues like these.
    screenshot_2014-11-17-20-57-54a1a1a.jpg
    edited October 2014
    I'm not even getting to the character screen. After the Delta Rising screen, a black screen appears with the mouse pointer loading and never gets beyond that. If I use the mouse or push a button on the keyboard, gameclient not responding window appears. I never have issues like these.

thats my issue, so i alt+tabbed and then clicked on the taskbar to maximize it agian and it crashes, just did it again here is my ticket number thing. 35301504
    edited October 2014
    thats my issue, so i alt+tabbed and then clicked on the taskbar to maximize it agian and it crashes, just did it again here is my ticket number thing. 35301504

I will try what you did and try and get a ticket number, I haven't had that yet.
  • summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm getting the same issue as several here, get as far as the Cryptic screen, not even to the Delta Rising screen before crashing to the desktop. CrypticError.exe never gets a number, just sits there with:
    Initializing...
    Attaching to crashed process...
    Harvesting data from crashed process...
    Mode: Customer
    Gathering Data Validation Info...

Until I manually end task with Windows Task Manager.

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 2.0Ghz
    RAM: 3GB DDR

This machine has played STO fine on medium for awhile now.. but with Delta Rising, cannot get into the game yet. Here's hoping its just patch day issues that will be ironed out soon.
  • pwh925pwh925 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am also getting error 35301504
    edited October 2014
    OK, my system specs:

Windows 7 64bit
    AMD FX 4100 quad core 4 x 3.6ghz
    Asus nvidia GeForce 210 1gb
    8gb ram
    MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard

A mediocre system by todays standards, but should be no problem.

I am noticing a windows 7 + AMD trend here so far.... can anyone else concur?
  • ksathra2ksathra2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Was able to patch game but when I go to launch the game it get to the Cryptic screen and then the loading bar just stops. This issue does not happen when I log into the tribble server.
    edited October 2014
    good to know that i am not the only one.
    edited October 2014
    Folks, I got it to work by turning my monitors settings down to 1280x720.
  • hagarthorriblehagarthorrible Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can't load arc after the update. getting a time out error & says to check my internet connection. Since I'm posting here I'm thinking its ok.
  • malebissemalebisse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Crypticfrost, I am still not able get to the character selection screen. I received the following:

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The Connection Was Idle for too long.

There is not code at the bottom of the dialog / screen

The game client has been patched and I have even force verified the files and still the game client crashes upon launching the game. I am at wits end trying to figure out how to launch the game.

I have also tried to launch the game through the ARC client and receive the same crash.
  • sitveesitvee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    malebisse wrote: »
    Crypticfrost, I am still not able get to the character selection screen. I received the following:

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The Connection Was Idle for too long.

There is not code at the bottom of the dialog / screen

The game client has been patched and I have even force verified the files and still the game client crashes upon launching the game. I am at wits end trying to figure out how to launch the game.

I have also tried to launch the game through the ARC client and receive the same crash.

This is exactly the same for me and it gives me the ticket number error of 35301504
    edited October 2014
    Some More Information:

I am unable to launch the game on Holodeck. I have no problems launching the game on Tribble Server. I have also tried to launch the game through ARC, but the ARC client cannot log my account in for some strange reason.

Upon further investigation, after the client crashed while trying to launch on Holodeck, I receive a CrypticError PID:3628 ETID:0

F.Y.I. When I launch into Holodeck server, I never see the progress bar On the Cryptic Studios Splash screen.
    The Game crashes at that point. Obviously when I launch onto Tribble, there is no problem.

@dmawby

This is extremely frustrating! :mad:
    edited October 2014
    Folks, I got it to work by turning my monitors settings down to 1280x720.

Unfortunately this does not help me. still crashing at any resolution. I believe this is an account issue. It may be an issue where some accounts got screwed up after the update to Holodeck.
    edited October 2014
    It's not an AMD issue, as I have Intel chips in my PC.

OK, my system specs:

Windows 7 64bit
    AMD FX 4100 quad core 4 x 3.6ghz
    Asus nvidia GeForce 210 1gb
    8gb ram
    MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard

A mediocre system by todays standards, but should be no problem.

I am noticing a windows 7 + AMD trend here so far.... can anyone else concur?
    edited October 2014
    i did the resultion thing and it worked a bit last night, tried it again today and it is now crashing on every resolution. i'm gunna try and modify the game prefrences file and see if launching in a small window will crash, and if it does fullscreen set at a smaller res also
    edited October 2014
    ok i edited it to launch in a smaller res and it worked. try that.
    edited October 2014
    I am still unable to launch the game. I have tried various resolutions but the client continues to crash on all attempts. I have even deleted the Live folder in the Game directory and had the game patched from base, but all attempts to launch the game continue to fail.

I am also no longer able to play the game on Tribble server as I was able to earlier today.

Apparently the problem is getting worse, not better.

Have opened a ticket with support and received the standard reply that due to high ticket volumes, they won't be able to get back to me right away....
    edited October 2014
    It's not an AMD issue, as I have Intel chips in my PC.
    i did the resultion thing and it worked a bit last night, tried it again today and it is now crashing on every resolution. i'm gunna try and modify the game prefrences file and see if launching in a small window will crash, and if it does fullscreen set at a smaller res also
    I am still unable to launch the game. I have tried various resolutions but the client continues to crash on all attempts. I have even deleted the Live folder in the Game directory and had the game patched from base, but all attempts to launch the game continue to fail.

I am also no longer able to play the game on Tribble server as I was able to earlier today.

Apparently the problem is getting worse, not better.

Have opened a ticket with support and received the standard reply that due to high ticket volumes, they won't be able to get back to me right away....

ok i got it to work everytime i open it now, 4 times in a row, i open in window mode, edit the prefs to open it in window mode. you can full screen it after, just logout with it in window mode
    if that dont work dunno what to say.
  • johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Delta Crashing :(

i cannot load the game since today a few hours ago

i could however successfully get in the game and play for a few hours yesterday on the first day of delta rising.

I am getting this error
    "Fatal Error: Direct 3d driver returned error code
    (dxgi_error_device_removed) while checking sync query.

Technical details: sync query 12 0x1a1df800 get data == 0x887a0005 0 F 0
    D3D11 device removed due to dxgi_error_device_hung 0x887 a0006"

After I click engage button and it goes into the Delta rising splash screen, screen goes back and then the error message pops up. have tried several times and game cannot load any further

currently I am loading it as a windowed form
  • danwoellhofdanwoellhof Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My new ticket #35340467

Same error as everyone else. FFS fix this so I can play this is getting ridiculous.
    "Fatal Error: Direct 3d driver returned error code
    (dxgi_error_device_removed) while checking sync query.

Technical details: sync query 12 0x1a1df800 get data == 0x887a0005 0 F 0
    D3D11 device removed due to dxgi_error_device_hung 0x887 a0006"
    edited October 2014
    I was hoping that today's patch would resolve my problems, but it did not. I see no change in status, with the client crashing on the Cryptic splashscreen. No progress bar on that screen. I receive the same messages as in my earlier posts. I truly believe that this issue is being caused by the account server, not the game client.

Can a PM please look into this for us?

Thank you,
    @dmawby
    edited October 2014
    Patched, force verified, tried launching in safe mode and compatibility mode, but the client continues to crash on the Cryptic screen. Have tried this on both Holodeck and Tribble server but it fails on both servers. I have adjusted down my resolution and changed parameters in the launcher, but it continues to fail.

Coincidentally the ARC client has also gone Tango Uniform and will not launch. Even attempts to Repair ARC fail. At first it looked like Arc Launcher was having difficulty connecting to the Account Server, but now it won't even present the login screen and instead crashes as soon as it is launched.

Does anyone have any ideas?
  • dsboy33dsboy33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    :mad: my game is not working i tried everything to re down loading the game to updating again and even resetting my computer it keep saying demand hatching in connect to patch server connection was idle for too long NEED HELP!!!:confused: MY TICKET NUMBER IS 14178516
    edited October 2014
    I broke-down and downloaded STO through my Steam account, but this did not work either. I get the launcher updater windows

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate
    Trying to update Launcher
    Please be patient
    Tried connecting 5 times

after failing to connect 5 times I get this dialog.

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your
    Internet Connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical
    Support

Now understand that I have tried every way to launch STO, straight from the client which crashes to desktop, then I tried ARC, but ARC is screwed up and won't launch, finally I tried through Steam, but the STO launcher won't update when launched through Steam.

This has got to be an issue specifically with my account. It probably affects other players reporting the same problem.

@dmawby :mad:
    edited October 2014
    To Whom It May Concern,

1. I am using a Wired Connection

2. I completely Uninstalled STEAM and the instance of STO I tried to launch yesterday. Then I set the Launcher Option to Force Verify, with On-Demand Patching turned off. I received a 14GB update

3. All programs not required have been turned off through Task Manager

4. I don't have any non-essential programs or processes running.

5. I cannot turn off Anti-Aliasing because the game client STILL CRASHES on the CRYPTIC screen.

- THE OVERNIGHT PATCH FROM OCT. 16 - OCT. 17 FAILED TO CORRECT THE CRASH TO DESKTOP PROBLEM.

I received the following from Cryptic:

Hello,

Thank you for the update. Usually, graphics should be lowered down in case a program is running on the intel chip instead of the dedicated Graphics card.

Suggested solutions:

1. Please make sure you're using a wired connection as wireless can be interrupted by interference thus will disconnect you from the server and will end to a unresponsive program that leads to crashing.

2. From your game launcher choose "Options" from the top bar, check "Force verify," and uncheck "On-demand Patching." Save changes and then log in. The patcher will then examine every bit of game media and bring everything up to date since you disabled on-demand patching.

3. Close all programs that aren't needed to run the game to free up as much RAM as possible when playing the game

4. Compatibility issues for the programs such as TeamViewer, ASUS programs, Display Fusion, and Mumble are known to cause problems (please disable if you have these)

5. Disabling anti-aliasing:

- Launch the game and log in.
    - Press the Esc key and Click the "Options" button.
    - Click the "Video" tab at the top.
    - Click the box to show advanced video settings.
    - For Antialiasing, click the drop down menu and select "None".
    - Click the "OK" button.

6. Steam launcher should be disabled if you're using STO launcher.

7. Switching US and EU proxxies from your Options menu

8. If you're playing in the Tribble, please note that we do not provide support for the PTS. Instead, we highly encourage all PTS related reports to be posted in the appropriate forums which I've listed below for your convenience.

For bug and technical reports:
    Redshirt: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=336
    Tribble: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=229

For feedback and general discussion:
    Redshirt: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=337
    Tribble: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250

For the latest updates and patch notes:
    Redshirt: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=335
    Tribble: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
    Liuna
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm on a mac... seems most (if not all) mac users are having a issue causing STO to crash after a few mins.

I filled out a bug report, which also included the error that displays on the loading screen.

The reply was identical to the one above from the exact same person.

What's the point in reporting bugs if no one is actually reading them?
    animated.gif