test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So... when X2 doesn't do as well as LoR, will Cryptic learn?

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    You know, no offense meant to you here at all, but after reading your posts, I can actually believe that people got lost in the old Exploration Clusters. :(
    OMG! That was the funniest thing I have read all week! :D
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Returning players will play the missions listed before them. The missions determine where you are going: from Sirius to Pi Canis to Gamma Orionis. Most returning players will not even know to look in their Rep Tab to find Rep-specific material. They will simply follow the missions on the list from A to Z; and those missions take them through 3 FEs and then into the Delta Quadrant.

The Rep missions are introduced with the sphere missions. They specifically show you the rep missions and what they are for.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All the forum posts in the world aren't going to change anything. Closing of the wallet is going to speak louder than millions of forum posts.

I have, believe me. And I was sending money their way, too. No more. Not until this entire drivel they call DR is fixed.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    teknesia wrote: »
    Nice.

**** you.

to be fair what you did was complain that Best of Both Worlds Part 2 was confusing and then admit you didn't watch part 1 because you felt it would skip the story.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    edited October 2014
    OMG! That was the funniest thing I have read all week! :D

obvious troll is obvious.
    edited October 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    to be fair what you did was complain that Best of Both Worlds Part 2 was confusing and then admit you didn't watch part 1 because you felt it would skip the story.

No, what I complained was that Best of Both Worlds pt 1 was a grind that would take months to complete, so that I felt like watching the second half would ruin the experience.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    obvious troll is obvious.
    To be honest the only person who sounds like a troll is you. You could not figure out how to do A - because you specifically chose to not to the missions given you over the last year - and then want to pretend that everyone has the same problem.

How many posts have you seen on the forum today of people asking how to get into the Delta Quadrant?

That should tell you that yours is a unique problem, not the norm.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited October 2014
    No, what I complained was that Best of Both Worlds pt 1 was a grind that would take months to complete, so that I felt like watching the second half would ruin the experience.

The reps and the FE's are marginally connected.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    - Most expansions for other games costs around 10-20 dollars. By making the new ships either $30 individually or 130+ altogether, STO has priced itself out of the market for a sub-par expac.

Each of the WoW expansions were $39.99 on release, and it's got a $15 subscription fee.
    GW1's expansions all cost $39.99 on release as well.
    City of Heroes Going Rogue was $29.99, and (IIRC) it had a subscription fee at the time.
    AFAIK, EQ's expansions were all $39.99 as well.

What games are you talking about that has $10-$20 expansions?
    edited October 2014
    To be honest the only person who sounds like a troll is you. You could not figure out how to do A - because you specifically chose to not to the missions given you over the last year - and then want to pretend that everyone has the same problem.

How many posts have you seen on the forum today of people asking how to get into the Delta Quadrant?

That should tell you that yours is a unique problem, not the norm.

To be honest very few people use the boards to gain knowledge..it's usually to complain about stuff...legit or non legit reasons.
    Your pain runs deep.
    edited October 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Each of the WoW expansions were $39.99 on release, and it's got a $15 subscription fee.
    GW1's expansions all cost $39.99 on release as well.
    City of Heroes Going Rogue was $29.99, and (IIRC) it had a subscription fee at the time.
    AFAIK, EQ's expansions were all $39.99 as well.

What games are you talking about that has $10-$20 expansions?

I do believe DCUO has $9.99 expansions but they are usually 2 new powers and a raid mission
    Your pain runs deep.
    edited October 2014

One sec, are you saying that the missions offered as part of the Dyson arc that send you to the battlezones for the intro to them were confusing? If so, then yeah, I can see that.

Well, that's what I'm saying. The whole rep system behind the battlezones and the storylines that come from completing that rep system seem like they were tied in. I logged back into the game a week ago and... just can't get back into it. I kept following the blogs in hopes of something that would stir my interest, but not really.

It just sounds like a bunch of meaningless missions and some over-priced stuff they want you to buy. I know in a lot of ways MMOs are generally just that, but in most cases there seems to be an underlining theme about it that negates the feeling. Legacy of Romulus did that for me. But this... I guess you guys are saying that the Battlezones and rep grinds didn't really mean anything to the story. I assumed that they were like the New Romulus stuff where they did (i.e. explaining how they came across a working gateway in the first place). But hey, I guess having those concerns means you guys get to troll me. **** you.
    edited October 2014
    I do believe DCUO has $9.99 expansions but they are usually 2 new powers and a raid mission

usually one power, raid mission, pvp stuff, a 4 man mission with some duos thrown in.

Also, swtors expacs have either been free or just 10-20 bucks.
    edited October 2014
    Well, that's what I'm saying. The whole rep system behind the battlezones and the storylines that come from completing that rep system seem like they were tied in. I logged back into the game a week ago and... just can't get back into it. I kept following the blogs in hopes of something that would stir my interest, but not really.

It just sounds like a bunch of meaningless missions and some over-priced stuff they want you to buy. I know in a lot of ways MMOs are generally just that, but in most cases there seems to be an underlining theme about it that negates the feeling. Legacy of Romulus did that for me. But this... I guess you guys are saying that the Battlezones and rep grinds didn't really mean anything to the story. I assumed that they were like the New Romulus stuff where they did (i.e. explaining how they came across a working gateway in the first place). But hey, I guess having those concerns means you guys get to troll me. **** you.

all messing with you aside the newer reps have been fun. I like the Voth battleground...it's a ground mission where you fight for control of a city. I like it a lot and I hate ground fighting. The Undine space battle zone is also pretty fun....and both give out lots of Dyson and Undine marks so it's less grindy.
    I do like the FE's with the last one being my favorite.
    Your pain runs deep.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The dyson rep has some cut scenes that explain why a voth is willing to leave his people and side with the allied forces. There are no missions. Undine and nukara and omega have nothing at all. Romulan rep has a few missions, one I cludes the discovery of a gate on new Romulus, but the episode with worf gives you all the information in the into dialog specifically to cater to people who haven't/won't do the rep.

Personally, I recommend enough romulan rep to hit tier 1 (need 65 marks total), because that opens a mission where you can shoot madran, the ferengi from mine enemy. Spoiler: he gets away, you can't kill him. But shooting him made me happy. You miss nothing by skipping though.

The revamped Borg arc is much better story telling, and it gives great rewards. The sphere story you can skip the tutorials and just play the story missions. Again, high quality missions, beautiful maps,excellent rewards. If you haven't seen the redone Klingon and fed tutorials and early stories, they are worth checking out too.

No rep required.

Delta rising is totally playable without rep gear. And the story is fun. Again, no rep required.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had not yet finished RomRep t5 when the FE came out. I was rather disappointed in what a massive out-of-sequence spoiler it was. I had reached T5 in all reps by the time A Step Between Stars came out, but I can clearly see how it's 100% predicated on the content of the dyson rep and sphere missions and rep cutscenes.

It was a major disappointment to know "oh.. this is out of order" and I don't care if they filled me in with exposition at the start of the mission -- it was still a bad way to do it IMO.

As one who experienced it out of order, I can say it is 100% better when you play it IN order.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Open your mind and think for yourself. You'll see why we're upset. Use your free will.
    Been there done that. I still don't agree with you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well to be honest I'm still holding judgement, but all the PVE Content i can see right now is 17 new Missions ... thats less than half of LoR ... so I'm pretty disappointed right now ... this might change, if these Missions are an superb 1h+ experience ...

17 missions ???
    Say it ain't so ... .

... now that I think about it , do I remember correctly that someone somewhere said that they were withholding some of the DR content .... or am I thinking about something else ... ?
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    ... now that I think about it , do I remember correctly that someone somewhere said that they were withholding some of the DR content .... or am I thinking about something else ... ?

As said before ... I hope that's the case but you might wanna remember, what happened to the stuff they held back in S8, S9 etc ... let's party in Club 47 with our Secondary Deflectors ... oh wait ...

btw : these 17 Missions go from Lvl 50-58 (= all you need to get to Lvl 60 ;( ) ... so if they're holding back anything it's probably some Lvl 60 FE's (and we all know how frequent these are ... maybe another Episode in 4months ...)
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think it was the Galaxy Class that killed STO. :)

wait I thought it was lockboxes that killed STO
    Wait, I thought it was Cogent that killed STO('s connection on a regular basis).
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The entire storyline behind why anyone bothers to go to Delta quadrant again is gated behind rep grinds

Learn to play the story mode.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited October 2014
    As said before ... I hope that's the case but you might wanna remember, what happened to the stuff they held back in S8, S9 etc ... let's party in Club 47 with our Secondary Deflectors ... oh wait ...

I'm thinking :
    On one hand they said that they were holding back content ,
    OTOTH they said that next year we'll be seeing more story content ,

So ... this is just LOR ... with a different release schedule ?? :confused:
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    17 missions ???
    Say it ain't so ... .

Remember that we have stuff like the queues, new features, and the large battlezone that has its own stuff.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Remember that we have stuff like the queues, new features, and the large battlezone that has its own stuff.

Remember that we had the same stuff with LoR (Atmos. Assault, Rhi. Station, Nimbus Adv. Zone, Sing. Powers etc) ... just with twice the PVE Content :P
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Remember that we had the same stuff with LoR ... just with more PVE Content :P

sound more like cryptic same old same old only with a level cap increase and with 17 new mission take them two away sounds like a season
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2014
    You saying "dooooooom" makes you nothing more than a heel. You're a tool for Cryptic. Open your mind and think for yourself. You'll see why we're upset. Use your free will.

It's their right to be the tools & self appointed comedians (at their fellow players expense) .
    After all , what are they doing within 5 hours of this "mega epic"content release that they love ever so much ?
    Back @ trolling players .
    That should be all the indictment both them and the game & company they are "championing" need .
    Remember ... , we were starved for content for over 6 months for this epic fail (on certain aspects) to be brought forth .

The "good news" for those who support boycotts of sorts is that 17 missions won't keep those returning players around for long .
    Not longer then an average Season , perhaps even less .

We shall see in 1-2 weeks how the game population fares .
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    17 missions ???
    Say it ain't so ... .

They said at least one more batch of missions and queues coming.
  • fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You know what? GTFO. Appologists like you and yes-men that say Cryptic can do no wrong are why we're in this mess. You create a feedback loop and of course it's what Cryptic wants to hear so they only see what they want.

EDifficulty is astronomical to the point of being absurd when lies were told that it would remain the same.

How much easier do you want them to make it, I had to take a urgent phone call, 5 minute unfortunately I was in middle of a battle dealing with some Kazon and I was still alive after five minutes and my shields were still up, in the red but still up. An I haven't spent a penny on the game.

I bet you want cryptic to add an instant win button don't you?
  • fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice.

**** you.

So teknesia was someone that got loss in the exploration clusters, nice to finally meet someone who will actually admit to getting loss in a square box.
    edited October 2014
    They said at least one more batch of missions and queues coming.

They say a lot of things ... waiting in Club 47, till these Missions are actually here :P

PS : Not that it matters anyway ... it's not like they stopped releasing stuff after LoR's Launch ... so you have to compare it to DR's Launch, which imho isn't even close to LoR's Launch (right now it looks like Expansions are going downhill tbh, so it doesn't matter if there is gonna be 8 more missions in Season 10 / X3 etc) ....
This discussion has been closed.