test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising Is Live!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
At long last, Star Trek Online is proud to announce the official launch of our newest expansion Delta Rising! Revisit the lost quadrant from ST: VOY lore and reimmerse yourself in the stories and species, as well working alongside the iconic crew of the U.S.S. Voyager. It’s time to set a course for the Delta Quadrant, Captains, to see what lays in store for you and your crew! Learn more about all this exciting new expanse and the galaxy of new features you can experience.

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wonderful, now tell me if I have won an Operations Pack already ! :mad::eek::D
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not live for those who informed you of the 34318276 graphic error bug about 6 weeks ago and were ignored.

Just an FYI.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dorritos Rising is live YAY!!!

im still patching sooo cant say anything but wisecracks and shenanigans and general goofing off :D
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'll look forward to seeing the new ground zone in Kobali, the artwork I've seen is fantastic!
  • Options
    wiseass513wiseass513 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are you going to announce them
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I really want the Vaadwaur's coats. Those are pretty sweet outfits.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What about the VA species intelligence briefing? Is that going to be released soon?
  • Options
    sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Crashes with "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on demand patching and connect to Patch Server: Connection Idle too long" error after Cryptic screen appears.
  • Options
    hp1239hp1239 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Going through log in, patching and etc with no prob then the game stops responding just before reaching character selection screen. Even went through ARC repair feature. Anyone else?
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sounding alot like how it was when LoR launched alot of crashes fatal errors lagging etc etc etc and etc.

But this is day one and these will be ironed out in time...i hope :eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hp1239 wrote: »
    Going through log in, patching and etc with no prob then the game stops responding just before reaching character selection screen. Even went through ARC repair feature. Anyone else?

at least you get a little bit further than i do
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good luck on your new expansion. :)
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did I win? Did I win? Did I win? Did I win? Did I win? >breathe< Did I win? Did I win? Did I win? Did I win? Did I win? :)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    vigilaxvigilax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Patched, excited to join the update...wait, system freezes at Delta Rising logo screen....cannot get to character selection screen....

Axe
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Any second now a screen will pop up in huge letters and say Delta Rising.. JUST KIDDING
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I see the delta rising logo. It's lovely. Pity it lasts about 2 seconds before it crashes :(
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, went through ARC, client froze after DR logo before character screen, just a black screen with the little blue spinning circle. :confused:

Tried going through just the plain old STO launcher- stopped at same point though with a white screen instead. I HAVE DISCOVERED THE MIRROR UNIVERSE!:D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hp1239 wrote: »
    Well, went through ARC, client froze after DR logo before character screen, just a black screen with the little blue spinning circle. :confused:

Tried going through just the plain old STO launcher- stopped at same point though with a white screen instead. I HAVE DISCOVERED THE MIRROR UNIVERSE!:D

that actually perfectly describes me...

come on over

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1250361
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Could someone fill in all the missing info from the Delta Pack.

Details on the Bridge Officers and Duty Officers you get with that pack.

Traits and abilities.

or are they all random?
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So is it worth the frustration to try to login much less play this lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Who won the free pack?

that's yet to be announced. Check this subforum every now and then.
  • Options
    rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, the old "load to a point the crash" bug is back for some folks? I feel for you guys, I really do. Here's hoping they get that fixed ASAP.

I just wish I could tell if I'm in the same boat. I'm still downloading the patch. Which is really frustrating considering I downloaded the pre-patch last week. And updated Tribble as well. It seems that the game/launcher simply doesn't recognize all that data that was downloaded and decides it's best to start from scratch.

Been like this with every Season since Legacy of Romulus. And I keep downloading the pre-patch and updating Tribble in the hopes that "this time" it'll work.

Roughly 2.8 gigs downloaded, around 4 gigs patched and still needing 2+ gigs to finish patching before I can even attempt to log in.

Oh well, I figure the game will be taken down while I'm away at lunch for some emergency maintenance and likely a new patch. Maybe by the time I get back, or the game comes back up if it indeed gets taken down, I'll be able to play.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Set course for the Delta Quadrant."

Yeah, Seven of Nine's parents did that voluntarily :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Congratulations, i knew it, cant enter the game like last time :mad:

screenshot.jpg
    Xsara
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rnaught wrote: »

Been like this with every Season since Legacy of Romulus. And I keep downloading the pre-patch and updating Tribble in the hopes that "this time" it'll work.

It's been going on long before that release too lol. Lots of sloppy work making others at their company pick up their slack. Those are the true star employees of Cryptic that have to sweep up behind them lol.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Livestream winners have been notified. forum, winners should be announced soon.
  • Options
    tribeslegendtribeslegend Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I get in just fine, all the good stuff... when i started the Main quest line, it crashed my WHOLE pc.... i thought maybe it was just a fluke... started playing again, about 5 mins in... it crashed my PC again... not just graphics, but literally my whole PC fatal errored and restarted. Garbage.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I get in just fine, all the good stuff... when i started the Main quest line, it crashed my WHOLE pc.... i thought maybe it was just a fluke... started playing again, about 5 mins in... it crashed my PC again... not just graphics, but literally my whole PC fatal errored and restarted. Garbage.

Please post in the appropriate thread. Your feedback in the right place does help.
  • Options
    shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm still patching, as I paused the download to watch a basketball game on my Roku. Patching was causing too much buffering. Oh well, maybe the crashes will be over by the time I get done. Pretty please with bacon on it? :D