test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising Is Live!

Comments

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sweet, I will try it out soon as I can get a good time to log on. However I won't hit the Delta Quadrant right off yet. Waiting for the mad rush mob to clear the area out some.

Looking forward to see what the new area of space brings.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • laetexbunslaetexbuns Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mowghta wrote: »
    Hello all

I have the Delta Crashing issue too;

The game crash on log screen : some kind of blue screen and this message

Fatal error direct 3d driver returned error code
    D3DERR DEVICEREMOVED

Same only I get a black screen with this error before crashing

Fatal Error: Direct3D Driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
    syW94ht.jpg
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    enjoying the game so far, especially the new voices and voyager set
  • patheinpathein Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    not sure how much this applies to everyone crashing out, but I'm on a Windows 8 platform and it is a Win 8 driver that keeps failing when I try to log in. So.....what Windows OS are ya'll using when you crash out? l

addendum: logged on successfully without arc, no driver error. might be arc and Win 8 are in conflict for me.
  • suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So far I have not had any problems.......I logged in as normal after the patch, played the new content for a few hours - enjoying it :)

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    noticing a lot of error messages being hollered in here have to do with on demand patching....maybe try turning that off on the launcher
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic!

I love the featured episodes.

Thank you.
  • docmosesgloriadocmosesgloria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vigilax wrote: »
    Patched, excited to join the update...wait, system freezes at Delta Rising logo screen....cannot get to character selection screen....

Axe
    Same thing is going on with me....all day I have looking forward in playing and i get get on. All I hear is Music.
  • hagarthorriblehagarthorrible Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Woohoo can't even log into arc after the update. THANKS
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Woohoo can't even log into arc after the update. THANKS

Steam is your friend!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    capten400 wrote: »
    ya the new adon is a joke cant play it cant upgrade my ships of any kind cant aford to get zen im on ss dont have money to just give away you could have gave atlest one or two free upgrades but no you got to be greedy so now i may not play the game any more thanks to you guys at arc so thanks for nothing

So your on social security and cant afford it?? I feel ya! I work 60 hours a week in my business and my wife works as a PTA 45 hours a week. I cant afford to buy a race car and well race cars!! It sucks!!! But hey I got over it. I don't mean to TRIBBLE you but this is a game to us YES! But its also a free market business to the people that run it. We are the payers and they are the ones to be paid. You don't like how this game rolls then bail. You are free to do that. You are not entitiled to this game.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So with a high speed cable internet connection and been patching for 13 hours I'm up to 21%.
    Why can't you provide some torrent kind of system for your patches. This is horrible. (yes I've tested loading other stuff from the same location as Cryptic is located at and that speed is high as usual).
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    So with a high speed cable internet connection and been patching for 13 hours I'm up to 21%.
    Why can't you provide some torrent kind of system for your patches. This is horrible. (yes I've tested loading other stuff from the same location as Cryptic is located at and that speed is high as usual).

i patched just fine in about 20 minutes. no idea whats up on your end
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• jamesstjamesjamesstjames Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Throw me into the pile of people who can't log in.

Got in fine last night for a few minutes - this morning I get either black/white screen of nothingness through STO, and the same error as others through Arc.

Well there goes my time off today :(
    tumblr_meud0dq0CT1rq8ga2o1_250.gif
  • tmonttetmontte Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm having a strange issue ever since DR launched. I can log in fine (though it seems to take longer to load) and I even managed to play the first new story mission. BUT... after about thirty minutes or so, the game consistently freezes up I get an error message saying client.exe has stopped working and boom my computer locks up. No problems with any other games etc. Running Win 7 Professional and through Steam. Never had a problem before now with STO. I wonder what's going on and what sort of monkeying about with the engine they've done?
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well done cryptic, i have had an absolute blast exploring what i can of the delta quadrant so far today, you tickled me pink with the voice over work and sheer scale of the missions and clarity of detail to the worlds i have visited, cant wait to finish dinner and get back on, your detail to Star Trek Voyagers species is enormous :cool:
  • tuuloftuulof Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Throw me into the pile of people who can't log in.

Got in fine last night for a few minutes - this morning I get either black/white screen of nothingness through STO, and the same error as others through Arc.

Well there goes my time off today :(

Yeah add me to that pile-on as well, facing a black screen at log in...!! :eek:
  • buayafederasibuayafederasi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    when will they have emergency maintenance? usually they will always do the second day after implement a new season.
    i'm waiting for that maintenance since usually they fixed the most annoying bug on the second day maintenance :)
  • macedonia4evermacedonia4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The new missions are amazing and so are the maps. They did a great job with the acting/voice-overs, as well as with the artwork. That aside, they really, and I mean REALLY, screwed up the STF system. I played Infected Space "Advanced" with an upgraded Recluse Carrier at level 53 today and it took over an hour to complete. The spheres are now harder to kill than Elite Tactical Cubes use to be and the rewards are significantly reduced.

For me, this is unacceptable. If they don't fix how over-powered enemies are now and increase rewards I won't be playing any more, I just don't have the time. Between school, work, volunteering, and having a social life there is just no way I can commit more than 5 - 10 hours a week to this game. That basically means I can only complete 5-10 STFs a week - not cool and not worth it :(
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    well this is frustrating, the login error from LoR is back. Atleast then it would let me in 1/5 times, now i just can't get in anymore.
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • draogndraogn Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The intel uniform for female federation captains clipping with each and every badge, and most of the non intel options. The KDF version has a lot of clipping as well when associated with other uniform pieces.

It also appears that the kdf tactical intelligence officer isn't able to use any of his abilities with either of the ships from the Delta pack.
  • patheinpathein Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So definitely having issues with Arc-Windows 8 interfacing. I can not log in through Arc at all. at the same time though I can log in with the regular launcher there is a constant fluctuation with the client not resopnding. You can sit there and watch the flicker of the "not responding" in the task manager, and the game is of course unplayable.......another completely screwed new season launch.
  • temerarioustemerarious Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole ARC/STO on my computer like I did when Legacy of Romulus came out. Now after the Delta Rising screen goes to shift to my character list, my computer restarts.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    * Tovan is still stuck as a member of my Romulan crews. Can't shove him out an airlock yet. (I consider this a major issue right below performance and game stopping bugs.)

* The load save thingy unequiped things from a new ship I just got. I had no configurations saved for it so that was pretty odd.

* Starbase 24 run had huge amounts of lag. I think there are too many Klingon ships in that STF. Seriously it gets so bad it's like a slide show in there instead of a video game and I'm running a system with a $200-300 mid ranged Nvidia card and 24 gigs ram/i7 processor. (Performance problem, too many NPC ships)

* No new bridges for the new T6 ships. Seriously? Especially with Romulans only having 1 bridge option when they aren't flying a Scimitar? Even the Fed Tron ships didn't seem to have new bridges and they're the favorite of the DR operations pack family. I know a lot of work went in to Voyagers bridge but yeah be nice if players could get a little something more especially Romulan players.

Just thought I'd throw those in, I'm sure there are more problems out there but that is what I noticed last night. I seem to have done better then some other people though.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still can't play it. Was kind of hoping to give the new T6 ships a proper shakedown, but it crashes every 5mins or so
    animated.gif
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So I've played through the mission "All That Glitters", and I have the following things to say:

1. I wanted to HELP Gaul and his goons kill Talaxians. Seriously, I actually cheered when he shot the fat, annoying chef. I would gladly sit around and watch the Vaadwaur exterminate the entire Talaxian species, or even assist them in that endeavor with some shipboard firepower; I mean, what sort of blithering idiot serves the dangerously OP xenophobes a meal that has been canonically established to be foul-tasting and toxic to most humanoids at a peace summit?

2. Neelix is still obnoxious, but I must admit that he's marginally less annoying than he was on TV.

3. Robert Picardo and Tim Russ are on FIRE. They're really, really fun to run around with and listen to.

4. Holy cow, Harry Kim. He's like my favorite actually-respectful talkative sidekick EVER. He's not an idiot, he actually listens to me and asks permission to speak, and is subtle in his investigations. Plus Garret Wang's clearly having a hell of a time.

He's smart, he's proactive without railroading the PC, he's on what I'd consider the right side of the ethical dilemma, and in fact is capable of making such an ethical decision. Plus he's showing actual emotions and is respectful to the PC without being Admiral Your-Name-Here's follow monkey.

Great job revitalizing a truly flat and pointless character, Cryptic. If only THIS Harry Kim was on Voyager...they would've been home in 20 minutes with Harry as the Captain and Janeway in the Brig for gross incompetence and mental instability.

5. The maps are absurdly beautiful; I keep getting killed by Vaadwaur because I'm looking around and gaping.

6. Gaul is shaping up to be a great villain, which is good.

Still a solid 6 on the expansion, but loving the episodes (except for anything that involves those loathsome Talaxians)
  • dragonlander1dragonlander1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    still cant log on....guess ill wait a month and play DDO until they get their stuff together
  • chaosuk83chaosuk83 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tuulof wrote: »
    Yeah add me to that pile-on as well, facing a black screen at log in...!! :eek:

Same... clean install of graphics, DX9, and Game after repeated fatal errors since DR was released yesterday, now no fatal errors, but after the big splash loader - I get music, a mouse pointer and...... a blank screen! Pissed doesnt even come close to it
  • index1985index1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so game is still f*cked up
    great job cryptic
    what else will you f*ck up and ask for more money
    You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user.
    so this is the way how cryptic is treating players
    and by threating them with ban even permanent one
    if they dont shup up
  • crashoveride2crashoveride2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    does anyone have a solution to this? or do we have to wait until the next patch? for the issue with the BSOA (Black Screen Of Annoyance)