test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising Is Live!

Comments

• suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's live, you say?

I wouldn't know, it keeps crashing at the DR loading sceen. As it seems to do for every major update since LoR.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm standing around on DS9, waiting for them to announce the contest winners, so I can start playing.

There was an odd message at the bottom of the screen though, something about some shader failing, no idea what that meant though.
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    It's live, you say?

I wouldn't know, it keeps crashing at the DR loading sceen. As it seems to do for every major update since LoR.
    qjunior wrote: »
    I'm standing around on DS9, waiting for them to announce the contest winners, so I can start playing.

There was an odd message at the bottom of the screen though, something about some shader failing, no idea what that meant though.

I actually got it loading, got some message about shaders failing but still got to the character selection screen. So I then selected a character and just as I was being hailed (presumably by the Delta Rising mission giver) the game crashed to my desktop and got a message box in the middle of my screen saying something about the Cryptic Joystick failing and I was getting a ship engines sound stuttering through my speakers which made me log off and log back in to my PC to get it to stop.

Desperately needs some attention from the Cryptic team ASAP.
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Think I'll wait it out for a couple of days.....or maybe a week! Better to let them settle things, weed out the bugs and such......and then go for the update. ;)
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • prymevilprymevil Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reminds me of back in 2012.... couldnt play STO back then either.
  • bugzappabugzappa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can't wait to explore the Delta Quadrant. Bout time a man did it :D
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I also got the shading error message at the loading screen, but I haven't been crashed out of the game or anything yet myself... but the DR 'intro' video is skipping and choppy, if that means anything...

And is it just me, or is the UI gone wonky with item and ability icons smaller than they should be, the shields display all catterwampus and the 'viewscreen' and 'dialouge' borders for dialogue screens with contacts (Kaol, Burgess, Surah, etc...) completely mis-sized and not in their proper places in the screens?

Additional; it seems almost like the UI is stuck in a permanent 'compact UI' mode whether it's turned on or not, almost...

Edit: Further, contrary to what was said, I still seem unable to adjust traits or anything while I'm on my ship's bridge...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOL if you get the delta pack it does not give you the 3 upgrades with it.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yeah, had that failure, as well; on the character screen.

Pixle shader compilation failure with a long string of alpha-numeric.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOL if you get the delta pack it does not give you the 3 upgrades with it.

You have to claim those from the store separately, they are a one time thing. :)
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Okay, the frame problem I mentioned doesn seem to be affecting only dialogue windows and the inventory; it's also screwy on the DOff interface and the map - the USBZ (Undine Space Battlezone) map is showing the 'area' outline up and to the left of the actual areas.

It seems to be affect things with some kind of framing around them...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like the title says, Okay.. So I get the update on my Desk-top (ARC) and Lap-top (Not ARC) Desk-top loads to the Delta Rising screen.. pauses, blue Flash. than black screen of death..

Task Manager indicated STOL Not responding..

Do the same update on my lap-top (Not ARC), load, and all is well.. So.. is it Cryptic or ARC that's failing via ARC ???
  • hp1239hp1239 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As previously posted, logged on did update, game client stops responding just past DR screen before character screen.

Does this on ARC and normal STO launcher

used repair tool, uninstalled ARC and reinstalled - no change

My brother who lives in the same house can log on fine - he is a paying member and I am a free to play - interesting

No patch notes and from what ive seen not a peep from the developers despite numerous complaints of this issue

If anybody has an idea of something o try please say so since we aren't getting any help whatsoever from the devs- if Im wrong on this then I apologize
    edited October 2014
    You have to claim those from the store separately, they are a one time thing. :)

Ah cool didn't know it was a separate claim thx for the info :D
  • stream7ine1stream7ine1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same deal here, Dont wanna have to uninstall cause then ill be stuck using that Arc garbage.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why were the release notes for October 14th, 2014, posted to arcgames.com, but not to the "Release Notes" subforum?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7010463-release-notes-october-14th%2C-2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is as I expected for me. The Intel materials are not so great, but the Intel ships with a regular material is pretty nifty and no one can deny these ships are Starfleet/Trek vessels... The Phantom looks better than I expected. Scryer is still not my favorite Science Vessel look, but neat. Aside from being able to switch the nacelles between all 3 ships, what I like is that for the ship itself, there is a "classic" nacelle variant with red bussard collectors, and the intel-looks with the bluish collectors. Really nice.

But I must say the customziation options for the Romulan and Klingon vessels are really unfairly underdeveloped. Anyone that decided to hold off buying the pack because there were only 2 ships for Romulans or Klingons respectively may not regret his decision.

I don't like the Romulan or Klingon Intel ship all that much. The Romulan Battlecruiser is cool, but has basically no customization options. I really like my kitbashing.

Other than that, I only managed to complete the first mission, which I had already played on Tribble - but back then, without voice over and with broken or missing cut scenes. Looking forward to the rest, though I already see that it will be over sooner than I'd like.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    I did. :D Woo hoo!

Congratulations! :)
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • mowghtamowghta Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello all

I have the Delta Crashing issue too;

The game crash on log screen : some kind of blue screen and this message

Fatal error direct 3d driver returned error code
    D3DERR DEVICEREMOVED
    vAZ8lHW.png

• fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No problem here, free to play and well I played for about 4 hours already.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Delta Rising = biggest nerf ever

MUCH higher difficulty... lower rewards... absolutely imbalanced... and boring campaign
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, the story missions are decent so far, with the exception of that God-awful episode where you're railroaded into sucking up to that incompetent clown Neelix, but holy mother of god are the former elite STFs now unpuggable!

Dil is basically unfarmable now, and marks are going to be absurdly hard to come by.

What a nightmare.

At least the new missions are good (with the exception of that blithering, prattling imbecile Neelix, who makes me fervently desire nothing more than to shove his overweight face into a recycler), maps are exquisite (nice job with the space maps especially, freaking gorgeous), Tuvok's excellent as always, and what I've seen of Picardo so far is making me squee.

I just hope that TRIBBLE of Borg puts on some actual clothing soon, and that Tuvok finally loses it and shoves Neelix's annoying rear into a torpedo tube. That incompetent is marginally less annoying than he was on the show, but that's not saying much.
  • canisrufus5canisrufus5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had no problem patching the game and was able to play a few good hours. I only had to patch three gig's. I wonder if it has to do with the graphics card or how old the computer is? Or it could just be some gremlin that decides to randomly prevent OP from playing.
    Richard O'Neill U.S.S. Komali (Fed Engineer)
    Dr Henry Morgan Delta Recruit (Fed Science Officer)
    K'nah of the House of Tucker I.K.S Vagari (KDF Tactical)
    Lord Ba'al Delta Recruit (KDF Tactical)
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh boy, my darling is in a mood today again.

I better sleep in the guest room this night...

:P
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh boy, my darling is in a mood today again.

I better sleep in the guest room this night...

:P

No, sweetheart, I will need your strong, manly arms to comfort me in bed...

:D

More seriously, my grade for Delta Rising, out of ten?

Solid 6.

Dilithium's basically unfarmable, Cryptic seems to be unable to understand that making Advanced STFs a "challenge" means that a well-geared PUG should be able to do them with about one-tenth of the time left on the clock assuming nobody lags, DCs, or otherwise screws up. Basically, farmable with Mk 12 purples and a 10-console ship.

What we have instead is effectively unpuggable.

The new maps are absurdly beautiful, and all of the missions but that horrible one with Neelix are fun. Seven of Nine's had breast reduction surgery, which is refreshing, but she's still in absurd outfits.

Voice acting is generally good, mission plot actually make sense, dialogue options are a lot of fun.

But I LOATHE Neelix with every fiber of my being.

Vaadwaur AI is very nice, they are an actually challenging enemy for reasons besides being massive sacks 'o HP.

Going back in, time to fight some more random goons.
    edited October 2014
    One thing I noticed is some KHG space pieces I had upgraded reverted back to XII lol. Something told me I shouldn't have tried to upgrade this early because I'll just be told to regrind more dilithium and try it again lol.
  • mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the added difficulty might be more acceptable if the Dilithium rewards were kept or slightly increased.

At minimum:
    Normal queues (including Fleet Alert)- 480 dilithium
    Advanced queues- 720-980 dilithium
    Elite queues- 1440 dilthium

Especially with elite, it should be seen as worth doing once or twice a day.

Cryptic may need to be reminded that increasing difficulty plus a reduction in rewards is not going to attract and retain the playerbase.
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • capten400capten400 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ya the new adon is a joke cant play it cant upgrade my ships of any kind cant aford to get zen im on ss dont have money to just give away you could have gave atlest one or two free upgrades but no you got to be greedy so now i may not play the game any more thanks to you guys at arc so thanks for nothing
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mli777 wrote: »
    I think the added difficulty might be more acceptable if the Dilithium rewards were kept or slightly increased.

At minimum:
    Normal queues (including Fleet Alert)- 480 dilithium
    Advanced queues- 720-980 dilithium
    Elite queues- 1440 dilthium

Especially with elite, it should be seen as worth doing once or twice a day.

Cryptic may need to be reminded that increasing difficulty plus a reduction in rewards is not going to attract and retain the playerbase.

For me the marks are more important. Still, it will be a bear to do one of each mark type per character as I had been. These are taking up to 45 minutes each. I don't see myself doing this. Maybe once a week for each character.

I think if this stays dilithium will become quite valuable as may trellium k?? Whodathunkit?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• laetexbunslaetexbuns Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hp1239 wrote: »
    Going through log in, patching and etc with no prob then the game stops responding just before reaching character selection screen. Even went through ARC repair feature. Anyone else?

Yea same here ffs :mad:
    syW94ht.jpg