Install Arc
Options

Guardian Class Cruiser Livestream Demo!

13»

Comments

• Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is there a recording of this for those who did not get to see the Livestream and when will the next Livestream be showing?
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I didn't bother watching. The ship doesn't interest me and there was no incentive to get me to watch it anyway. If there had been a code given away that wasn't just for a few people, I more than likely would have watched even though I have no interest in what was being shown. I am looking forward to seeing the Dautless though.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Neither the twitch Site nor the twitch app could provide me with a somehow constant Stream. I am not even able to change the resolution anymore.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    had no interest in it, in any event was playing swtor which was just enough to keep my mind off being hungry at the time, until i hit coru and someone chatting about food and i lost the plot at that point. gave into the power of the dark side :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Where is the rebroadcast?? :(
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    comic1996comic1996 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    May go to see this is very interesting.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    raj011 wrote: »
    Is there a recording of this for those who did not get to see the Livestream and when will the next Livestream be showing?

You can watch the Guardian Class Cruiser Livestream Demo! by clicking that link right there. The Livestreams show up under the PerfectWorld Community on Twitch; in this case it was under Past Broadcasts tab, rather than the Highlights tab that it usually defaults at, but it's there.

Enjoy :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    spencerb96 wrote: »
    but he is using builds that match what a very large portion of this game uses..

770 DPS is in no way representative of anyone in STO, not even total n00bs run THAT low.

Don't get me wrong, the average player is quite bad at DPS in objective terms, but to say 770 DPS is representative of "a very large portion" of STO players insults... Everyone. Even AFKers and Trolls.

In context, a DPS-minded Guardian would essentially be a normal Assault Cruiser Refit with Uni Lt. set to Sci - if that light, it should be comfortably capable of kicking out twenty to thirty times what Smirk did.
  • Options
    lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    770 DPS is in no way representative of anyone in STO, not even total n00bs run THAT low...

In context, a DPS-minded Guardian would essentially be a normal Assault Cruiser Refit with Uni Lt. set to Sci - if that light, it should be comfortably capable of kicking out twenty to thirty times what Smirk did.

770 deeps is a BIT low, but I only ever see a PUGer beat 1k deeps if I bring a ship which parses 8k+ deeps in the same match. His set up looked pretty typical and if he was more battle focused and not working on optionals he'd probably be right in the 1k norm. Going off the Borg Dissconected anyways I had to leave after that.

As for the guardians layout it's exactly why I don't want it. Think of it like an avenger that traded it's 5 fore weapons for a standard 4/4 and an extra boff slot (not a trade I'd make), and a lot of maneuverability for added crew (useless) and hull (in PvE useless). It's a pretty ship but it's not very functionally original.
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The one thing I got from that livestream (apart from the fact that trendy has an attractive shoulder) is that if smirk can do an elite queue, anyone can.

The pugs are going to be fun come launch. Roll on the voob hate ;).
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Had emergency in the real world last Friday! Missed this one live-stream! Hope you all had fun! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    markdbmarkdb Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do they ever upload these to youtube or anywhere so we can watch them after the livestream is actually over? They always have them when I'm unable to watch.:(
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    markdb wrote: »
    Do they ever upload these to youtube or anywhere so we can watch them after the livestream is actually over? They always have them when I'm unable to watch.:(

I've been watching this pre-recorded live-stream after posting my reply today and using this link below: http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/b/574537207

P.S.
    Well done Captain Smirk! The 2.05:31 hours well worth it! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was wondering when the winners are to expect the message in Twitch? I have yet to see mine.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    abrookfield82abrookfield82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sisteric wrote: »
    I was wondering when the winners are to expect the message in Twitch? I have yet to see mine.

Same here... I won one of the 500 zen prizes, but haven't had a message yet.
  • Options
    tyberius73tyberius73 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been thinking about getting this ship, but how does it compare to the new Intel ships? I'd really like to get one that has a Commander Intel seat. But they aren't offered on the ships i want. lol
    Also been looking at that new Pathfinder, only she doesn't have enough Weapons slots for my taste.

I don't get why they don't include an Intel seat with the upgrade token, or at the very least offer one in the store. They should adapt an upgrade feature, so that you can alter your BO officer seats.
This discussion has been closed.