test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The whining needs to stop

semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
Day after day week after week all anyone has done is whine and complain. Back in June the general consensus was: The game was becoming stagnant pug elites were cakewalk with literally 0 risk of failing optionals. Mobs were old and worn out. Battle zones were empty and soloable. So what did everyone say? That's right! We need newer harder content.

Here it is 4 months later... we agreed old crafting sucked and was pointless so cryptic rebuilt it what happened? Rage and whining about how " it costs too much...The materials are too hard to get... I have to wait on my items..." seriously?

Now we move on to content it was old, worn out, and too easy. So cryptic gives us DR with new AND harder content! SCORE! Right? Wrong! Everyone whines "it's TOO hard. Content is lame. Ships suck. We can upgrade old ships and make them better but not the best" you all get what you want and still complain? AND BEFORE YOU PLAY IT!? COME ON PEOPLE!

Weeks now and I have seen maybe MAYBE 1 post saying anything positive about the changes. People stop it...just stop crying and on the 14th enjoy all the new content like WE ALL know you will.

END RANT...
tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

Post edited by semalda226 on

Comments

• Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hear ya OP, I agree with you, but you know what they say, "You Can't Fix Stupid."
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do you want some cheese with that whine?
  • Options
    nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But.............there would be no forum. :(

ahahahaha, true that!
  • Options
    nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stoutes wrote: »

yeah, sure. send it over.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    and you made this whine, because?

you do realize this is a potential flame thread? fanning the flames of hate to try make a point? i will send this up to a moderator and let that one decide if its the case.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2014

you do realize this is a potential flame thread? fanning the flames of hate to try make a point? i will send this up to a moderator and let that one decide if its the case.

**ATTENTION** Badass in the room alert :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2014

If a moderator tells me it's inappropriate I'll remove it. Not meant to be a hate thread just an expression of how tired I am of constant complaints. If you see it as offensive I apologize but it wasn't intended that way. Have a wonderful day sir! ;)

• Options
    edited October 2014

Yes please! Cheddar if you will. :)

• Options
    mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    semalda226 wrote: »
    Day after day week after week all anyone has done is whine and complain. Back in June the general consensus was: The game was becoming stagnant pug elites were cakewalk with literally 0 risk of failing optionals. Mobs were old and worn out. Battle zones were empty and soloable. So what did everyone say? That's right! We need newer harder content.

Here it is 4 months later... we agreed old crafting sucked and was pointless so cryptic rebuilt it what happened? Rage and whining about how " it costs too much...The materials are too hard to get... I have to wait on my items..." seriously?

Now we move on to content it was old, worn out, and too easy. So cryptic gives us DR with new AND harder content! SCORE! Right? Wrong! Everyone whines "it's TOO hard. Content is lame. Ships suck. We can upgrade old ships and make them better but not the best" you all get what you want and still complain? AND BEFORE YOU PLAY IT!? COME ON PEOPLE!

Weeks now and I have seen maybe MAYBE 1 post saying anything positive about the changes. People stop it...just stop. Stop crying have mom change your diaper, wipe your nose, and on the 14th enjoy all the new content like WE ALL know you will.

END RANT...

I agree. These same whiners destroyed the original STFs that took 3+ hours to beat or an hour if you had a very good team. They are probably the same people that made science powers next to useless because they are too impatient to learn the counter to the science powers'.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you are loving everything what do you care.

Crafting and harder content yeah.

But the story you aren't telling is dil nerf on those "worn out maps", that are still worn out, and the insanity of dil prices of crafting that shouldn't have one and upgrading which is going to cost millions.

How about the poor decisions need to stop and then they might get some credit for their work.

Problem of course being that for some people they "owe" for things that have happened in the past
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's a simple rule I go by on Forum posts (or in-game chat): Either it's constructive, or it's to be ignored.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Was just being general if I put up every complaint I would kill my keyboard XD

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OP, you are right and wrong about this. You are suggesting that all complaining and/or suggesting is "whining" and doesn't deserve to be even read. This is also the stance Cryptic seems to have adopted officially, at least according to Geko's statements of the past. There are however tons of valiv points and a lot of them are even brought forward in a sensible, well worded manner. But disregarding all of that because there is a vocal portion of players simply complaining because they are not "top dogs" anymore when new content hits is a questionable decision in my opinion. But it is a very comfortable way of not having to deal with anything in regard of the developers or the company behind them. I do not know however what the "suck it up, complaints are invalid" player crowd gains out of that (which is the natural counter that forms in all kinds of societies in such a case).
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014

If we're all ordering cheese can I have Red Leicester?

To the OP, I don't think people are complaining about everything on this occasion. I mean new story content, missions difficulties and areas to go to seem to have gone down well. It's really ship upgrades and aspects of the upgrade system that people are annoyed about and also these two things Cryptic seem to be ignoring most about feedback.

So I wouldn't say there's a general backlash to the whole update, but those parts for sure because if they ironed out those two (they have with ship upgrades a bit already) it would go down reasonably well in my opinion.

But like I said, on those two big issues, we're getting ignored the most on them and it isn't helping people's grievances with it.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ah, the best of the threads - whining about whiners! :rolleyes:

If Smirk, Trendy or any mods. are reading this, I highly suggest "whining about whiners" threads to be put in the F.C.T. since nothing of value nor productive comes out of these, ever.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

If Smirk, Trendy or any mods. are reading this, I highly suggest "whining about whiners" threads to be put in the F.C.T. since nothing of value nor productive comes out of these, ever.

Not even a good laugh?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ironmako wrote: »
    **ATTENTION** Badass in the room alert :cool:
    lol, im a nobody like everyone else :P.
    If a moderator tells me it's inappropriate I'll remove it. Not meant to be a hate thread just an expression of how tired I am of constant complaints. If you see it as offensive I apologize but it wasn't intended that way. Have a wonderful day sir! ;)

i cant respond to that idea of what a moderator thinks is acceptable, thats discussing moderation and a no no.

but clearly next time be more careful with how you write your comment, you have your right to it, but coming out accusatory the way you came out usually leads to nothing but trouble and your not the first and probably not the last to come along. but thats your choice how you plan to deal or not deal with it. but so you know some of the... "less desirable" elements come out and play when they smell blood in the water :D, in this case a thread gone sour, it would quickly degenerate.
  • Options
    bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Weeks now and I have seen maybe MAYBE 1 post saying anything positive about the changes. People stop it...just stop. Stop crying have mom change your diaper, wipe your nose, and on the 14th enjoy all the new content like WE ALL know you will.

END RANT...

Its not our fault that they are doing everything wrong. I guess people will stop with the whinning when cryp start listening to the players and doing things according to having fun, instead filling their pockets, then we talk.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's the way forums are all over the net. But everyone going play the game and then find something to talk about. Posting about what others are doing here just not the right way to go about it. Just brings out more of what you don't want to read. Others want to express themselves on the forum.

There have been a good number of major events, going on in the game on the prior live-stream events. Everyone holds every word said to the letter. If you say something different they will not let it be dropped and then a lot of post will be posted about it.

The day of DR hits us all here, I am sure there will be many post on the subject. Good or not so good post just the way players talk online. Just have to be in a good player mind set an expect things.

Again this is a game we all play it. You might want things to go your way or you just think it's not happening.

Just have fun time in the game! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    apsciliara wrote: »
    Not even a good laugh?

Hey, this is the STO forum. You're suposed to not be able to stop laughing around here. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hey, this is the STO forum. You're suposed to not be able to stop laughing around here. ;)

no kidding! there are times on this forum in the past i got a thing of popcorn and just started eating, some of it was just for pure kicks and great laughs. regretfully, they have come less and less. besides, these mods have taken care to look out for us, even if some mistakes are made, figure i would try be helpful in return when i could.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The thing is this is totally false, a few months ago, there were not whinning or complain posts in so much quantity. Sure, a couple of em here and there. But in the last few weeks, of course the complaining posts are much more, just look at the evolution of the game and you will find your answer. I think its totally normal unless the players who post in the forums are NOT normal..
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The thing is this is totally false, a few months ago, there were not whinning or complain posts in so much quantity. Sure, a couple of em here and there. But in the last few weeks, of course the complaining posts are much more, just look at the evolution of the game and you will find your answer.

you always had entitlement claims popping off, rude comments, t5 connie threads, fix the damn galaxy class threads and so on. the complaints never stopped.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    you always had entitlement claims popping off, rude comments, t5 connie threads, fix the damn galaxy class threads and so on. the complaints never stopped.

Didnt say complains stopped. They will never stop. I said that the ammount of complains compared with a few months is of course, bigger. And there is a reason for that. In the past, the complains were about wishes more than anything else (and about bugfixing, but since we will never see that in this game, we should just avoid that) but now, finally people realized where this game is headed, and they are upset. With a good reason.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2014

There always seem to be at least one in each game forum I follow.

I personally don't see the point of these type of threads. If 'whiners' come here to read this thread, it's not like there going to be "oh, I get it now, you're right, I'll stop now". Completely unproductive and pointless.

I get it for a reply to a post on a specific topic, but not just to make a post about it in general.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The important thing to remember is that words may look good on a forum, but they are not paired with action, they are meaningless. That applies to players and developers alike.

Developers may promise the moon, but they may actually only give you a moldy cheese instead.
    Forum posters claim the game sucks and is doomed and yet they keep playing or worse, keep spending money on the game.

The first time an excuse like "we tried what we could, but we couldn't deliver". Learn from your mistakes an next time promise what you can actually achieve, but if you keep using that excuse, you're either not learning or not trying.

There are no excuses like "But this is the only current Startrek game/MMO". If there is no business reason to make a better one, there will never be a better game.

The consolation is - maybe it's not all bad. It's just like the usual frustrations we encounter in life. Like losing repeatedly in today's poker round. Like your child "redecorating" its room with nail polish. Your parents forcing you to do clean up your room (maybe packing your things and leaving them forever is actually not the wisest choice?).
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm sure some of the posters he's talking about does. ;)
This discussion has been closed.