redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    But.............there would be no forum. :(

And I wouldn't shed a tear.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    semalda226 wrote: »
    Day after day week after week all anyone has done is whine and complain. Back in June the general consensus was: The game was becoming stagnant pug elites were cakewalk with literally 0 risk of failing optionals. Mobs were old and worn out. Battle zones were empty and soloable. So what did everyone say? That's right! We need newer harder content.

Here it is 4 months later... we agreed old crafting sucked and was pointless so cryptic rebuilt it what happened? Rage and whining about how " it costs too much...The materials are too hard to get... I have to wait on my items..." seriously?

Now we move on to content it was old, worn out, and too easy. So cryptic gives us DR with new AND harder content! SCORE! Right? Wrong! Everyone whines "it's TOO hard. Content is lame. Ships suck. We can upgrade old ships and make them better but not the best" you all get what you want and still complain? AND BEFORE YOU PLAY IT!? COME ON PEOPLE!

Weeks now and I have seen maybe MAYBE 1 post saying anything positive about the changes. People stop it...just stop crying and on the 14th enjoy all the new content like WE ALL know you will.

END RANT...
    So, why did you open a thread about whining while whining?
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    so, Why Did You Open A Thread About Whining While Whining?

rofl!

Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Lol you get +1 free internet rofl.

The point of the OP is that people aren't allowed to criticize or voice their concerns about the game.

you are allowed as long as there is a point to it and doesnt trip up on ToS regulations then you wont have a problem. however the way you go about expressing the point is just as valid as to the response you would expect.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    So, why did you open a thread about whining while whining?

Maybe he wanted to show people just how silly all the whining has become?
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Day after day week after week all anyone has done is whine and complain. Back in June the general consensus was: The game was becoming stagnant pug elites were cakewalk with literally 0 risk of failing optionals. Mobs were old and worn out. Battle zones were empty and soloable. So what did everyone say? That's right! We need newer harder content.

Here it is 4 months later... we agreed old crafting sucked and was pointless so cryptic rebuilt it what happened? Rage and whining about how " it costs too much...The materials are too hard to get... I have to wait on my items..." seriously?

Now we move on to content it was old, worn out, and too easy. So cryptic gives us DR with new AND harder content! SCORE! Right? Wrong! Everyone whines "it's TOO hard. Content is lame. Ships suck. We can upgrade old ships and make them better but not the best" you all get what you want and still complain? AND BEFORE YOU PLAY IT!? COME ON PEOPLE!

Weeks now and I have seen maybe MAYBE 1 post saying anything positive about the changes. People stop it...just stop crying and on the 14th enjoy all the new content like WE ALL know you will.

END RANT...

let me clear up a few misconceptions for ya.

what you're doing is whining, whinging, qqing about other players providing FEEDBACK. see this concept called feedback is something a developer/publisher kind of REQUIRES to know what they might be doing wrong or what they might be doing right. attempting to silence those that provide said FEEDBACK is doing a disservice to that developer.

so in essence, you are attempting to hinder the development of the game. the crafting system does have horrible implementation no matter how good the concept is the execution is flawed. how would it get fixed if cryptic didn't see $$$ everywhere? by player feedback.

the ultimate player feedback...if we followed your policy of just shutting up...would only be leaving the game and the devs having no clue as to why.

think about where this game would be if no one ever provided feedback eh? or any game...they wouldn't survive long...this has been proven by other games that have outright died because they either refused to listen to players, censored their own forums so heavily no one would post, and/or had huge egos where they thought they knew better then the people actually playing their game (applies to not listening)

so...you and people like you do the greatest harm to any game. take your own advice and just stop.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I think the complaining about Nelix was when it reached a new low. We are getting star-trek actors for gosh sakes!!! Beggars can't be choosers, and you should be happy Cryptic could get any at all. I'm definitely excited about the new story and T5U upgrades but none of the t6 ships really tickle my fancy. Cryptic does deserve some positive recognition for getting delta ready, especially considering it's size.

Oh dude... i will prefer a thousands of times they use that money to fix 50% of the bugs than to hire Neelix..!!! or to revamp the Defera invasion zone!! or to make new missions in a lot of beautiful systems out there!!. But of course, fixing bugs its a hard thing to do , and the other things cost a lot of work so.... :(
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    Maybe he wanted to show people just how silly all the whining has become?

Ahhh, post modern whining.

Ummmm, no.

It was a whine about a whine.

Whineception.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree with the OP, pvp should be totally and irrevocably removed so the whining will also be removed. :cool:
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Ahhh, post modern whining.

Ummmm, no.

It was a whine about a whine.

Whineception.

And now people are whining about this whining about whining. :D
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    svindal777 wrote: »
    And now people are whining about this whining about whining. :D

Post-post-modern whining.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The ultimate problem about your complaint is that one man's whine is another man's constructive criticism. You may see a lot of these complaints as just whining - and, in some cases, it is - but, to a lot of these players, they believe that what they're doing is giving criticism where it's due. However, this is easily lost when complaints dive into how X is hard and Y is expensive and "how dare yous" and it needs to be changed NOW NOW NOW NOW NOOOOOW!

The major cause here is this: this is the Internet. This is a F2P game. This is an MMORPG. This is Star Trek-related. Thus, it's going to be a major dungstorm of these kinds of complaints. No one will be happy because of these reasons and more: too much pew-pew and too little exploration, too much money spending and too little free stuff, too much work and no Game Genie to get the awesome stuff ASAP.

You want to get away from the whining? Go to another board that talks about STO. Only come here for the patch notes. It's probably the best for your sanity.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    I have to agree with the OP myself. People ask for new content. We get new content. People rage about new content.

Something's wrong with this picture. Its almost like Cryptic can't win.
    • They give us what we ask for (New content) and the Forum rip them apart for it?
    • We said old Crafting system was TRIBBLE. They revamp Crafting with viable items. Forum rips it apart in rage.
    • We asked for a challenge. Cryptic makes a new difficulty level. Forum rips it apart for being TOO hard.

Um... can someone explain to me how this makes sense?
    :confused:
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I have to agree with the OP myself. People ask for new content. We get new content. People rage about new content.

• They give us what we ask for (New content) and the Forum rip them apart for it?
    • We said old Crafting system was TRIBBLE. They revamp Crafting with viable items. Forum rips it apart in rage.
    • We asked for a challenge. Cryptic makes a new difficulty level. Forum rips it apart for being TOO hard.

Asking for something and getting what players ask for are 2 completely different things. I could ask for a new car but it will be useless to me if it doesnt have wheels.

When people asked for a new challenge, they were talking about improved AI on the enemies, for example. Not just new enemies with 10x more shields and hp. That is not new "challenge". You could aply this mechanic to a lot of things in STO.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »

It's easy, but it requires a somewhat high IQ to see what's going on. Cryptic seems to 'Wish corrupt'. Let me explain:

We wanted a better difficulty or Smarter AI. What we get is just AI with A lot of hp and very high kinetic damage.

We wanted better crafting. We got it, but the costs and time gates are so very high is not even funny. Kinda defeats the wish.

Let's say you wanted to live a long time:
    Cryptic would turn you into a Tree or a piece of PVC pipe. "Aye it's what you wanted. You're around for a long time." :)

Cryptic can't read minds and they're trying to make money, so whatever.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Exactly.
    People wanted a crafting system that actually could provide a variety of items. Items that could be similar even if they were different from the normal drops in game, but useful.
    And people wanted harder content in tactical terms, not enemies with more hitpoints.
    Just like wanting a romulan faction, not getting romulans, but as a sub-faction of the other two.

There are some nice stuff that was done and added to the game, but in many ways some of the complaints are really valid.

They may be valid, but in no respect do they warrant no less than 7 threads on the same subject, 4 are the same solution, all of them repetitive.
    atlantra wrote: »
    It's easy, but it requires a somewhat high IQ to see what's going on. Cryptic seems to 'Wish corrupt'. Let me explain:

We wanted a better difficulty or Smarter AI. What we get an just and AI with A lot of hp and very high kinetic damage.

We wanted better crafting. We got it, but the costs and time gates are so very high is not even funny. Kinda defeats the wish.

Let's say you wanted to live a long time:
    Cryptic would turn you into a Tree or a piece or PVC pipe. "Aye it's what you wanted. You're around for a long time." :)

Cryptic can't read minds and they're trying to make money, so whatever.

The old adage applies, but with one extra caveat: "Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL of what you wish for!"
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So cryptic gives us DR with new AND harder content!

It's only "harder" in respect that they've bloated the NPC's HP and given us timers to kill them all by. Our ships (especially the ones with access to Intelligence Team with it's 9 second cloak and 30 second cooldown) will be virtually impossible to kill by the time you reach lvl 60 simply because you're bonus defense stat will be so high.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    erhardgrunderhardgrund Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ive seen other mmos where your gear is basicly useless after an expansion. While there are some things i dont like in the game , the upgrade sytem both for ships and gear is more than most mmos get and its always behind a pay/timegate.
    However, while im one of those guys who want the best stuff NOW or better yet, yesterday, considering that Mk XII is all youll ever need, having to grind for better stuff isnt that much of an issue imho.
    Having the best of the best is supposed to take long or cost money.
    And believe me ive put quite some bucks into this game. But i dont feel my investment to be devalueed at all. No one forces me to upgrade at all. Iv done the whole stuff available on tribble solo. with mostly mkXII fleet gear only 2 weapons were MkXIII ultra rare.
    Its not so different from what were used to.

Sure theres stuff im not too fond of, those patrol missions are rather repetetive and i dont consider more enemy ships to be that much harder than fewer ships. Id rather see better enemy ai so i have a struggle agains 3 or 4 ships or against 1 boss ship.
    Other than the occasional freak shot of hy torp or alike i wasnt often in danger of blowing up.
    On the ground it was a bit more challenging for me as im not the ground guy but unless i blunder into the midst of a dozen enemies its till doable without to much hazzle.

whats the point.

But when it comes to whining im guilty too, i still hate the look of those intel ships and i still hate the fact there is no t6 BoP.
    Cruisers ftw!
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Other people said things I don't agree with, and I don't like that.

END WHINE...

Fixed that.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i QQ about the QQing.................................................................................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2014

END RANT...

I love people like the op.. I guess if the vast majority of people who take the time to come to the forums think the game and changes are not good, well, than we should ignore that.. just because they revamp something, or update something, does not mean its good.

and yes, whining sucks, but it is a product of cryptics own carelessness and inability to deliver what a large portion of the gaming community is looking for in a star trek game.

I myself have mixed feelings over the last few months, there is a lot of good stuff on the way, new story content and what not, however, the t6 t5 debacle, and this whole upgrade system overshadows the good. it makes the game less enjoyable for me and others who share my perspective.

on the note of the crafting system, yes, they took the time to make a new crafting system, but it is as good as the old crafting system, which isn't all that good. in most games I play, I feel as if I have accomplished something when crafting, or feel that my character has a specialization others might need or want, this one is just a cash cow, with no real enjoyments being put into its design. my problem is not with how long it takes to create stuff, but more with the fact that it was possible to max out all of them with dilithium in the same day it was released.. I don't mind there being a pay for convienence with the system, but that was a pay to skip option. lol.. it also devalued the need for others to do anything with the crafting system.

all im saying guy, is I could understand if it was a small handful of people whining and complaining, but the vast majority of people who come to the forums, are having so many problems with the game, or decisions made in the game, that you cant just put the rose colored glasses on and say it must be the players who are wrong. at some point, people need to step back and say, well something isn't right here, whats going on.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    Fixed that.

Nice trick posting a quote of something I never said.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    But when it comes to whining im guilty too, i still hate the look of those intel ships and i still hate the fact there is no t6 BoP.

They haven't released one yet. There's a T6 BoP on the way. Just not at launch.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have read all the responses on this thread and now I am going to put my opinion in. If there is something you don't like in the game, don't do it. If there is something you like in the game, keep doing it. Its a very simple concept. I have been playing this game going three and a half years. I look forward to any content Cryptic can release. Granted some of the stuff in game is not for me, but I not going to complain about it. I move on and try something else.

In short this game is like watching TV. If you don't like whats on the channel, get up and change the channel or turn the TV off.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    monodoso wrote: »
    I have read all the responses on this thread and now I am going to put my opinion in. If there is something you don't like in the game, don't do it. If there is something you like in the game, keep doing it. Its a very simple concept. I have been playing this game going three and a half years. I look forward to any content Cryptic can release. Granted some of the stuff in game is not for me, but I not going to complain about it. I move on and try something else.

In short this game is like watching TV. If you don't like whats on the channel, get up and change the channel or turn the TV off.

Yeah, except
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stop your whining about the whining you whiner OP!
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is Star Trek Online, not the No Child Left behind.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Cuz I can guarantee you no one wants to play a game where they are constantly feeling they've been made inadequate.

Welcome to every MMO in existence. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there and it doesn't matter if it's Azeroth or the Delta Quadrant, people will get left behind and it's either they work to get better or they realize their shortcomings and that it's not for them and go.
This discussion has been closed.