test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Authenticate

Comments

• rabthothrabthoth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Getting the same message, in Canada here so ya, dont think it has anything to do with location
  • calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same problem here (Italy).
    Oddly enough, one hour ago all was running fine.
  • voyagersevenvoyagerseven Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Unable to authenticate:" Alabama Gulf Coast.... Just logged off! What gives?
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am also unable to log in because of the Unable to Authenticate bug. And I live in Missouri, Springfield.

I think the game developers need to patch the servers with some dutch tape and Dilithium... >.>
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • naruteshnarutesh Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm having the same issues here. It says Unable to authenticate in Ohio, U.S. as of 4:00pm local time.

I'm in Ohio too. Looks like there are at least 2 frustrated gamers trying to play STO in Ohio.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same message, im in the Netherlands, Europe.
    Use a g-key to enter my password !!
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Boston, MA here. "Unable to authenticate:" since noon.

How come STO servers are unstable recently?

Recently? :P

What is more concerning, not even any news from the devs in the proper forum. Sigh.
  • nishkacmnishkacm Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same problem here, I really hope you'll be able to fix this fast. :(

[edit]
    I figured I'd try Neverwinter for a bit, but I can't authenticate there either.
  • profhatprofhat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    website works , able to logon there, launcher does not, "unable to authenticate". my launcher says server is up, status light is green
    edited September 2014
    Wait....
    This is starting to feel like a no-win scenario.
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I guess someone forgot to feed a tribble or two..
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They need to put in a huge electronic bulletin board in the server room that counts up dollars lost while counting the minutes down to further encourage speed of repairs.

They also need to put all IT on "commission." They don't accrue pay while the server is down :)
  • crappynamerulescrappynamerules Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ladruid wrote: »
    Well I tried numerous proxy machines I have access to, various routes including :-

London, UK
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    New York, USA
    San Fransisco, USA

So its not an isolated hop, as I tried trans Atlantic, west and east coast. Its more likely internal, or at least STO's 1st hop ISP.

**EDIT** Also the servers are up and its working for my Wife sitting next to me, so its not a internet issue to Holodeck, its most likely an internal issue with the account/patch server.

Regards

Do you have any IP data for the cryptic authentication server so we can try some traceroutes? I remember last time this happened we wound up doing that and it was pretty much the same culprit of stoppage for everyone. If we can point out where the stoppage is, then at the very least they will know who to direct the angry phonecalls to.
  • olafr20041974olafr20041974 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As i posted in another forum...its "unable to authenticate-time" :mad:
  • massimo71massimo71 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Add another one to the queue... i think some borg had assimilated arc servers... on strike for low salaries :D
  • whispernetwhispernet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anyone have any idea of a timeframe when this bug with the log in may be sorted??
    edited September 2014
    whispernet wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea of a timeframe when this bug with the log in may be sorted??

That would be nice. I'm sure they are flooded with tickets about it, but I haven't recieved any responses to mine and I haven't seen any answers in this thread yet either.
  • sushifishysushifishy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    whispernet wrote: »
    Yeah, the time is when it's fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wonder.. at this rate, i hope we dont have this sort of issues every day... because some of us we can only play a couple of hours a day... and its always something going on, sigh.
  • alonysalonys Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As i posted in another forum...its "unable to authenticate-time" :mad:

I prefer Hammer Time.
    edited September 2014
    I wonder.. at this rate, i hope we dont have this sort of issues every day... because some of us we can only play a couple of hours a day... and its always something going on, sigh.

Yeah, my kids are taking a nap right now and I bet they'll be up before the login server is.
  • massimo71massimo71 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ok... that's really odd...

Welcome, massimo71.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

i was born in 1971... i'm the doctor :D
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Man,

I have so much to do b4 the 14th lol mostly grind for Dil all this server downtime is sooooooooo pooooohy...

Oh well life goes on. :p
    JtaDmwW.png
    edited September 2014
    massimo71 wrote: »
    ok... that's really odd...

Welcome, massimo71.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

i was born in 1971... i'm the doctor :D

Mind=Blown

Take me with you, doctor.
  • flyingdieselflyingdiesel Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    AH folks... just wait until the release of Delta Rising! When its in full effect I wonder if we will have any game time for the first three-four weeks. Maybe we can use this forum as a text based MMO for the time being :D
  • masumunemasumune Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well... Delta Rising...or is it old bugs rising??
  • colmatzeracolmatzera Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hehe that would be nice :)
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    AH folks... just wait until the release of Delta Rising! When its in full effect I wonder if we will have any game time for the first three-four weeks. Maybe we can use this forum as a text based MMO for the time being :D

I like this idea... :P
    JtaDmwW.png
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you can put me on the list too... I accidentally logged out, but cannot log back in.... Dutchie here...
    edited September 2014
    Seems the only thing rising around here is blood pressure.
This discussion has been closed.