test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Livestream this Saturday! Threats Revealed!

15678911»

Comments

• coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree. I was at work!!!! I even tweeted both smirk and trendy before the livestream ended asking about it and never got a response until I asked that evening. I think they should lay it out in the pre livestream blog that codes are only good untill the end of the livestream. cause in the end some of us wasted out time trying to imput a code that didn't work anymore.

He did say that you need to have your computer on and the ARC running to redeem the codes. The instructions to access the drop the menu could have been handled better. But ARC logo (in the arc program) is where the drop down was. He also had mentioned that the code was only good during the live-stream so you had to enter on your PC running the ARC then once you submit the code you should get message saying so.

Which I did. I was glad to get RMC, but unlike what was mentioned it was for more than one faction character. What should have been said you can only use it once on one character that you play in the game. But that wasn't the case here. That's why you have a lot of players up-in-arms over this. I would like my Romulan and Klingon to have RMC also like my Federation Character has now.

As it was mention it would have been!

Holodeck Server patch on 9.27.14 changed RMC access code, why did that happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Holodeck Server patch on 9.27.14 changed RMC access code, why did that happen?
    Assuming it wasn't an accident that someone claimed was intentional, it was changed because participants were spamming the code across social media and the forums, and someone had a knee-jerk reaction to that. It's in the explanation Trendy later relayed to us on ESD, linked earlier. Penalizing the community for promoting the game in social media... that's how you know that no CMs were involved in the decision. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • kiednorkiednor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think they should honor account wide unlock. If you dont keep your word it looks bad on the company.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They did say during the Livestream that the codes would expire at the end, though. Honestly, if they don't want the code(s) spammed across social media, the solution is to use the messenging system within Twitch to send single-use codes; that way, participants still get their incentive and those sending out the codes simply cost themselves the item, simple as that. It's not like the "open code" they issued wasn't already time restricted and Arc required. :rolleyes:

This is the first livestream I attended that had that limitation. Normally I am at work when these livestreams go on. This last livestream happened while I was at a birthday party for one of my kids friends. I burned up alot of my phone data plan to try to watch and get these codes. And I wasn't able to read the chat all the time because of the distractions of the enviroment. And I had to keep the volume down so as not to disturb the other party goers. I had no clue that the code would be only while the livestream was running. There was no pre-stream posting saying this. And past history supported the ability to get the code and enter it within a couple hours of the stream ending.

Now, I have wasted my time on a stream, using up data, and not just going around and involving myself in the party for a code that I was never going to be able to enter. And no appologies will make this right. This was purely mismanaged and poorly thought out. And coming from a player that has been at every livestream of Smirlk's, This is the first one in which I am complaining about. And this one will make or break me ever attending again.

I get enough gaff about my "fun time" from my wife and kids to get this level of treatment from the game too.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Assuming it wasn't an accident that someone claimed was intentional, it was changed because participants were spamming the code across social media and the forums, and someone had a knee-jerk reaction to that. It's in the explanation Trendy later relayed to us on ESD, linked earlier. Penalizing the community for promoting the game in social media... that's how you know that no CMs were involved in the decision. ;)

It's a shamed that happen as you say, but in any case what were told should be honored! I was waiting 2 to 3 hrs on twitchtv/perfectworld chat for this event to start. Just to get in there and not have to do at the last minute. 2 hrs this event so like 5 hrs for me spending my entire afternoon into the evening hours just for RMC and some more videos on the new DR Tier 6 ships. Which had turned out to be just a glimpse of the Fed Intel SCI Vessel. Mostly the Bug Hunt, a lot of talking and other codes that didn't work because of limits and game keyboard.

Next time they need a large white board and write out the codes on it! This way don't have a repeat of everyone starting posting codes on chat room scroll!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
This discussion has been closed.