edited September 2014
    And I am in,
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    yeolleryeoller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    Good good give into your hatred. Let your anger flow through you.

This guy gets it.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,243 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Geam is Ded

Great now Geam is a ded too? What happened to Gema?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    raddamusraddamus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Something something Dark Side!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Holodeck is unlocked and ready! Welcome back Captains!

~laughingtrendy
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hallelujah!
  • Options
    seathemacseathemac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Give the devs a break guys and gals. They are keeping us reasonably well informed and this is obviously a big problem they are giving up their own Saturdays for.
    I've done my fair share of Dev bashing in the past but I seriously think some people on here need to be less selfish and more patient.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Heh, post of the day.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ohh it is so refreshing to see all the new kids (yes I know, everyone has been playing since beta but never posted in the forum for 5 years) here fighting against each other.
    But only with words
  • Options
    browstrinderbrowstrinder Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No its not With all the problems they are having just trying to implement a item upgrade system...I hate to think of a week long crash at DR launch

In all fairness, I'd rather they have problems with the implementation of an item upgrade system now rather than have it compound with everything else at DR launch.

At any rate, there's other things to do in the meantime. I for one am going to watch some Voyager to bone up on my memory of Delta Quadrant stuff.
    Boldly going forward, still can't find reverse.
  • Options
    yeolleryeoller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

~laughingtrendy

Confirmed!

Thanks for all the updates, Trendy!
  • Options
    index1985index1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    game is still down
    and who knows when it will be up again
    but no wonder we have expected worse from cryptic team
    or to put it in other words
    we never expect anything good to happen
    only BS is happening lately
    no wonder that so many players are quiting this
    this is my first MMO that I play and i regret the day when i started this
    i will just go to play again my browser games beacuse it is better there then here
    in this nerves breaking piece of sh*t that you have made of once great game
    with your behaviour and attitude give me your money now
    You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user.
    so this is the way how cryptic is treating players
    and by threating them with ban even permanent one
    if they dont shup up
  • Options
    startrekkin81startrekkin81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pondersc wrote: »
    The expectation that a product will be delivered without broken features is not unreasonable, it is business.

No, that's called a support/ maintenance period. No product can be released without bugs and issues cropping up. Even the most reliable software will still have issues crop up.

And...

Not all issues are software related. Some are hardware. Are you telling me that there is no reason to assume that technology will fail? It does happen.

I'm sure that Perfect World is very appreciative of your business and support. So appreciative, in fact, that they are using the money that you've paid them to pay for infrastructure and personnel to address and fix the issue as soon as possible. How about you allow them that instead of flaming them?
  • Options
    lovegun154lovegun154 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    few hours later:
    "we aint found ****"

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4-rYlw1rRI
    Your Friendly, Semi-Casual, RP-savvy, KISS Fan, with a Half-Cardassian toon.
  • Options
    chromatychromaty Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    3 patchtimes since thursday and now over 4h Server down at saturday/sunday while an event is running (and will presumably be not extended)

And for this sh... I should buy a Delta Rising pack? hahaha forget it Cryptic! ;)
    eng_sig.jpg
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We are looking at a time fluctuation that occurred around 11AM PDT today that resulted in the Holodeck server problems. We will update you shortly in regards to a fix.

Would this be the first salvo in the Temporal Cold War?
  • Options
    gothboy66gothboy66 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ashuka wrote: »
    Then some of you need to read the terms of service before you PAY for something because complaining about something thats clearly outlined in the contract (outages) just seems annoying to most common sensed people. Besides, its been down for what? A few hours.

The universe will not collapse for anyone.. even you .. if you don't get to play STO for half a day. Even if we were still paying a subscription for this and shelling out 15$ a month several hours only translates to a few cents. I know I have dropped way way more to play arcade games for way way less time.

A good IT customer service rep will never give an ETA, know why? Cause computers are enigmas.. TRIBBLE breaks for no reason and sorting through hardware/software can sometimes be the most confounding and frustrating roaring pain in the A&& in the world, and if you tell someone "We should have it back up in an hour", and you don't .. they will only complain that much more. There for we get the ever omnipresent SOON™.

kudos dude, well said
  • Options
    mercron01mercron01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A green light looks promising. just finished a Voyagaer episode, light was read, checked forums, then light was green :) scary timing.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    YAAAAYYY!!!!

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    seathemac wrote: »
    Give the devs a break guys and gals. They are keeping us reasonably well informed and this is obviously a big problem they are giving up their own Saturdays for.
    I've done my fair share of Dev bashing in the past but I seriously think some people on here need to be less selfish and more patient.

Exactly.

This is all any one of us should expect. Communication to the customer on when the problem will be fixed. Anything else is not constructive.
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2014

~laughingtrendy

Thanks Trendy. Live long and bacon.
  • Options
    ponderscpondersc Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No, that's called a support/ maintenance period. No product can be released without bugs and issues cropping up. Even the most reliable software will still have issues crop up.

And...

Not all issues are software related. Some are hardware. Are you telling me that there is no reason to assume that technology will fail? It does happen.

I'm sure that Perfect World is very appreciative of your business and support. So appreciative, in fact, that they are using the money that you've paid them to pay for infrastructure and personnel to address and fix the issue as soon as possible. How about you allow them that instead of flaming them?

Your infallible argument has slain me, sir. I lay broken on the rocks.
  • Options
    ipsissimusalephipsissimusaleph Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Huzzah!!!!!
    :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ashuka wrote: »
    Then some of you need to read the terms of service before you PAY for something because complaining about something thats clearly outlined in the contract (outages) just seems annoying to most common sensed people. Besides, its been down for what? A few hours.

The universe will not collapse for anyone.. even you .. if you don't get to play STO for half a day. Even if we were still paying a subscription for this and shelling out 15$ a month several hours only translates to a few cents. I know I have dropped way way more to play arcade games for way way less time.

A good IT customer service rep will never give an ETA, know why? Cause computers are enigmas.. TRIBBLE breaks for no reason and sorting through hardware/software can sometimes be the most confounding and frustrating roaring pain in the A&& in the world, and if you tell someone "We should have it back up in an hour", and you don't .. they will only complain that much more. There for we get the ever omnipresent SOON™.

Exactly.

Any complaining about things out of your control is a waste of energy. PWE is doing what they can. Thats all you can ever expect from them.
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    disregard my last post; still same problem.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Captains!

We are currently aware of the server login issue that players are facing. We have our engineering team on it. I will keep you updated with more information regarding the status as I receive it.

~LaughingTrendy

UPDATE

We are looking at a time fluctuation that occurred around 11AM PDT today that resulted in the Holodeck server problems. We will update you shortly in regards to a fix.

UPDATE

I'm still monitoring solutions from our engineering team. We're currently running checks on everything, looking over Holodeck.

UPDATE

We are currently doing a sweep check on the Holodeck before we can bring it up online! More information soon!

I will attempt to interpret cryptic slang
    Captains!

We are currently aware of the server login issue that players are facing. We have our engineering team on it. I will keep you updated with more information regarding the status as I receive it.

Uh oh someone spilt a slushee on the server again :eek:
    UPDATE

OMG OMG IT JUST BLEW UP!!! its on fire people are running around screaming geko is in the middle of the floor in the fetal position sucking his thumb , the flames are pretty i even made the update in red since....oooh pretty flames :cool:

UPDATE

I'm still monitoring solutions from our engineering team. We're currently running checks on everything, looking over Holodeck.

Ive hidden in a safe room with a nice video monitoring system so i wont get hurt while everyone has gone mad....MAD I SAY!!!

I will check on everyone when things calm down i will come out of my safe room with a broom and my rambo headband....i look so cool:cool:
    UPDATE

We are currently doing a sweep check on the Holodeck before we can bring it up online! More information soon!

Ok things have calmed down i making people clean up thier messes youd be surprised they are like a bunch of toddlers so messy.

oh and were still trying to calm geko down he is still sucking his thumb.....he looks like he is enjoying himself i say we leave him :D

Ok hope this interpretation helps
  • Options
    vigilaxvigilax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Captains!

~LaughingTrendy

UPDATE

Holodeck is now back online! Welcome back, Captains!
    Not for me it isn't, I keep timing out trying to connect....
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tie a half-dozen tribbles to a stick...

EVIL tribbles? *pinky to mouth*
  • Options
    flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tons of timeouts in every stage of getting into game, yeah its up but stability is TRIBBLE. guess it will take another 5 hoursto fix that
  • Options
    saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And of course you rolled it back several hours...Well done.