Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising Queue - Bug Hunt

13»

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I guess I don't mind killing those earwigs from tng?

But the starship troopers thing makes me physically sick. Humans waging smiling aggressive war then genocide when the bugs dare try and defend themselves - no thanks.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    champion1701champion1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hylanvahr wrote: »
    Holy Commander Shepard...the rachni have returned! :eek:

That's exactly what I read... lol

Someone call the Wrex and Grunt! We need the Krogan!
    =/\= Commodore Champion1701 =/\=

=/\=USS Lindsey Stirling =/\= NCC-116747 =/\=

=/\= Liberty Task Force =/\= Diplomatic Advisor =/\=
  • Options
    johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever!!!"

Lol starship troopers ahaha.

though with the militarism of the game, I think we were moving that direction anyway.

then again we were also already star wars and stargate

But more amusingly, when I first saw the headline I thought they were going to fix some bugs in the game as part of their new update :cool: :cool:
  • Options
    volpe42volpe42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    Should be interesting. I like the new way of locking the queue until you do the story that goes with it. You should go back and apply that philosophy to the older queues for borg, etc.

Thats not new, thats how it was when STF's were added originally.
    icsairguns wrote: »
    Ever read a book called starship troopers? its older than trek.

and if its not Voyager then which? assuming this is taking place in deta quad.

but fighting insectoids isnt the issue had the xindi and such to deal with but the terms they are using BUG HUNT, BRAIN BUG thats what i was going on about.

Ceti-Alpha is not in the Delta Quad.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    Ever read a book called starship troopers? its older than trek.

and if its not Voyager then which? assuming this is taking place in deta quad.

but fighting insectoids isnt the issue had the xindi and such to deal with but the terms they are using BUG HUNT, BRAIN BUG thats what i was going on about.

Ceti-Alpha is not in the Delta Quad.
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    >Paria III
    >rocky, abandoned world
    >why not nuke from orbit

It's the only way to be certain.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The bugs arent on ceti-alpha.

That was a different species of alien altogether

Yeah they were eels that made you susceptible to suggestion and caused insanity and death unless you were lucky like chekov
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Make sure to have the Starship Troopers Klendathu music running the the background...heh heh
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    volpe42 wrote: »
    Thats not new, thats how it was when STF's were added originally.

And.. why the hell this changed?? :eek:, no wait, dont tell me, some newbies complained and of course cryptic needed to make things easier...

On a sidenote.. war agains bugs?? seriously cryptic?? And if the planet is abandoned, why the hell do we even need to go to the surface?? im pretty sure in that time tech is advanced enough to look other ways to wipe out an insectoid non intelligent species from a planet. Do we really need to transport to the planet and act like starship troopers?? really?? do you realize this is one of the things that are really out of context about a star trek game (not that we are playing a star trek game anymore anyways)??? i really miss Star Trek, sigh.
  • Options
    antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You do know Starship Troopers is a parody right?

And now Star Trek is doing it without irony... Jesus, how did it come to this.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    antzudan wrote: »
    You do know Starship Troopers is a parody right?

And now Star Trek is doing it without irony... Jesus, how did it come to this.

Really that's one of my favorite movies will the first one. All the others ones I've seen. So let me get this? So now there is going to be a Bug hunt? Isn't there one already with the Elachi PVE? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Really that's one of my favorite movies will the first one. All the others ones I've seen. So let me get this? So now there is going to be a Bug hunt? Isn't there one already with the Elachi PVE? ;)

Ow, if starship troopers is one of your favourite movies.. something is really really wrong with you lol. :eek::P, i suposse you are one of those who also loved "independence day". xD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bug hunt...

and it's on Tribble

Oh the irony...