test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising Queue - Bug Hunt

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Captains! Prepare yourself for Bug Hunt, the next queue available to players in the Delta Rising expansion. This story-related queue will be available to characters once they have completed the featured episode, Dragon’s Deceit! Learn more in our latest dev blog by Content Designer, Kate "Shelana" Bankson.

Take a look at it here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bugs, Captain! Zillions of 'em!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bug hunt? Well the Mirror sash is still defying gravity and.... *link loads* oh.... new stf.... FTW!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • zaalbarzaalbar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Screenshot shows a dude with an Odyssey uniform and an Omega Force belt. Is this going to be possible now? Or is this yet another NPC taunting us with combinations we can't have without resorting to game breaking?
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Should be interesting. I like the new way of locking the queue until you do the story that goes with it. You should go back and apply that philosophy to the older queues for borg, etc.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • nettoazurenettoazure Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is going to be an interesting STF. The bugs were already pretty sturdy in Dragon's Deceit. Will probably be the new IGE hehe.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This sounds good. I will try to find time for a easy round of it. But time isn't on my side for Queues.

Why can't we get a simple Solo mission with this as well?
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so now we are starship troopers? hunting BuGs stopping the Brain bug. come on .
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So, this explains the secondary firing mode on Compression Rifles. It is the only way to be sure.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    so now we are starship troopers? hunting BuGs stopping the Brain bug. come on .

Actually, this is a canon threat. Brush up on your Trek lore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
    edited September 2014
    Which race are we killing in this que?

the only bugs I remember from Voyager are the swarmers.

Not from Voyager. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Which race are we killing in this que?

the only bugs I remember from Voyager are the swarmers.

The Neural Parasites from "Conspiracy."
    edited September 2014
    Actually, this is a canon threat. Brush up on your Trek lore.

Ever read a book called starship troopers? its older than trek.

and if its not Voyager then which? assuming this is taking place in deta quad.

but fighting insectoids isnt the issue had the xindi and such to deal with but the terms they are using BUG HUNT, BRAIN BUG thats what i was going on about.

edited September 2014
    Ever read a book called starship troopers? its older than trek.

and if its not Voyager then which? assuming this is taking place in deta quad.

but fighting insectoids isnt the issue had the xindi and such to deal with but the terms they are using BUG HUNT, BRAIN BUG thats what i was going on about.

I have read the book (and seen the god awful not even trying movie), which is why I got what you were saying. Only so many ways to name the queue in a non-spoilerly manner.

As for your next point, everyone above spoiled (which I was avoiding doing because its such a great reveal...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    in the words of private hudson from Aliens sir is this gonna be a stand up fight or another Bug hunt...

edited September 2014
    I have read the book (and seen the god awful not even trying movie), which is why I got what you were saying. Only so many ways to name the queue in a non-spoilerly manner.

As for your next point, everyone above spoiled (which I was avoiding doing because its such a great reveal...)

not much of a spoiler or reveal if they release partial info like this press release. and then allow open comments to follow.

Nothing you have said has explained why they decided on those particular terms. dont matter anyways many people playing freely admit they dont like trek anyways. and of those that do like it all have a different take on it. and like or dislike different characters. Even some dont mind Trex with lasers on the head. so cloning specific terms from another franchise is not a big deal i guess.

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Use of the Romulan flamethrower seems appropriate.

Edit: There's also quite a few STV-EF flashbacks.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    not much of a spoiler or reveal if they release partial info like this press release. and then allow open comments to follow.

Nothing you have said has explained why they decided on those particular terms. dont matter anyways many people playing freely admit they dont like trek anyways. and of those that do like it all have a different take on it. and like or dislike different characters. Even some dont mind Trex with lasers on the head. so cloning specific terms from another franchise is not a big deal i guess.
    Partial info isn't the full details. If people knew any better they would wait and tell people after DR is released.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    drreverend wrote: »

GTFO! By the Unholy Stars of Cthulhu...this is amazing.

I read somewhere that the airing of that episode will never happen again on syndicated tv. It's just too gross for Treksters.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    drreverend wrote: »

As i recall, those bugs were originally supposed to be the Borg.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ...not much of a spoiler or reveal...

I followed the link in your signature. I was looking at the images there, when I saw you have SIX Doffs active at once. How in the world can I get that to happen for me? Is it something from the Borg stf's?
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The neural parasites, huh?

I wonder how we will fight them....they seemed pretty small and physically unimposing (excepting the queen, of course) will swarms/piles of parasites count as individual enemies, or will there be some sort of big 'warrior' parasite form, or will we be fighting possessed hosts, I wonder?

If I recall correctly, in the Star Trek EU the parasites were mutated Trill symbiotes, I wonder if Cryptic is going to use that?
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If I recall correctly, in the Star Trek EU the parasites were mutated Trill symbiotes, I wonder if Cryptic is going to use that?

I hope not. Conspiracy ended with a message being sent into "deep space" making it sound like they were beyond known space. This made them pretty mysterious and relatively frighting. Suddenly making them a relation to the Trill in the Alpha Quadrant would just be lame and anti-climactic. IMO.
    I suspect they will go with the original plan that the parasites were agents of the Borg.

They can't do that. They were going to be the Borg back when the Borg were conceptually an insect race. They ended up going in a different direction and only the concept of the hive mentality remained. They're not going to go back and connect a humanoid cybernetic race to an actual insect.
  • semodo1semodo1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When I saw the title "Bug Hunt", I thought we were going to be asked for some assistance in testing DR on tribble. You know, like feedback. And quality assurance. But nope. It's cryptic afterall.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You totally missed out on the chance to end with "Would you like to know more?"
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    While the writers did say that the Neural Parasites were originally supposed to be agents of the Borg, that was however based on the Borg being originally planned as an insectoid race. The Borg that we were introduced to would have no plausible reason to use them as such.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Have you seen the stupid stuff cryptic has done with STO's story so far?

I've played the game but you're going to have to be more specific.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The one thing that I have to ask, after looking at that picture, is this... Can we finally wear uniforms with pieces from MACO, Omega, Honor Guard, etc.? He's wearing an Omega belt, in addition to the kit pieces that we already have for standard uniforms. You already gave us a ton of accessories with the new Tailor kits. All of the pieces from from armor sets should be compatible with uniforms, at least accessories like shoulders or bracers!
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Excuse me, Sir... a xenomorph?.."

"It's a bug hunt..."

Sounds like more fun!
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    You totally missed out on the chance to end with "Would you like to know more?"

No need for that... it instantly popped up in my head the moment I reached the end of the blog!

Actually... I am somewhat excited for it and I sincerely hope it won't end up like all the other Ground Queues.
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith