test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which ship looks best assimilated?

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
Which the Borg space set, some ships look better than other "assimilated"...actually, some of them look GREAT, but which is your favourite and also, which looks the worst?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't seen the Tal Shiar lockbox ships with the full assimilated set, though I imagine it'd be appropriate for them. The Recluse looks frigging evil with the assimilated set though.
  • Options
    prediwave1prediwave1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Shuttle and fighters. All you see is the borg stuff.
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What I don't get is how borg ships are pretty much spheres or polyhedrons. Why is it that when we adapt their tech, our ships come out with spiky and asymmetrical parts?
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've always liked the way the oddy looks with the borg set. Especially the look of the dish.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What I don't get is how borg ships are pretty much spheres or polyhedrons. Why is it that when we adapt their tech, our ships come out with spiky and asymmetrical parts?

The ship from Enterprise, the Narada, Voyager during Scorpion - what we're seeing is an incomplete product. The final products are geometrical shapes with random jumbled surfaces, but the early stages just have the random jumbles. For a later stage in the process, look at the boss from Khitomer space, with the start of a sphere around its midline.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks good on the Chell Grett, not bad on the Varanus either.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I must be the only one that doesn't like the Borg look. I'm glad they put the "Disable Visuals" option or I wouldn't use the set in my Oddy.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I must be the only one that doesn't like the Borg look. I'm glad they put the "Disable Visuals" option or I wouldn't use the set in my Oddy.

Nope - you're not the only one :) - "Disable Visuals" is a must for all pieces that change my ships original appearance!!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I love putting the borg set on the TOS connie and the T'liss warbird. There is something about sticking the borg tech on those old hulls that I just really like.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I love putting the borg set on the TOS connie and the T'liss warbird. There is something about sticking the borg tech on those old hulls that I just really like.

This. Corrupting the TOS Constitution with Borg tech is far too fun.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't seen the Tal Shiar lockbox ships with the full assimilated set, though I imagine it'd be appropriate for them. The Recluse looks frigging evil with the assimilated set though.

Can confirm.

I have an adapted BC all borged up.

And it's glorious.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Not the only one, I find the Borg visuals a little too messy, makes my ship look like i've patched it up with wreckage after a battle

So i'm glad for the disable visual button
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I love it on my Chimera. I honestly wish they let us keep the visuals no matter the set, as I might finally 'dissolve' the set after it being the sole set I ever used on my ship, with DR, as I think the DR shields are gonna be more useful for me... :(
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    Which the Borg space set, some ships look better than other "assimilated"...actually, some of them look GREAT, but which is your favourite and also, which looks the worst?

Actually i hate almost all of em. Because there is one thing cryptic made terrible bad, and it is that ALL the assimilated parts have the same size, it doesnt matter if you put em on a tiny shuttle or in a voq'uv (sadly this way of work is present in a lot of things of the game..).

For example, the other day i saw a hirogen apex with the assimilated engine placed in one of the six thrusters and it was so small that it was really ridiculous.

Then you can see huge assimilated deflectors in tiny ships that are even bigger than the whole ship itself. Ridiculous.

And i could go on.

Only the ships "made" for the assimilated set looks nice, others.. pff.

I used to have 4 toons with assimilated looks, but because of what i said, i completely replaced the assimilated set with other one, because it looked stupid in almost all my characters.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I dislike most of the set visuals and usually turn them off. That said, the Borg visuals complement a few ships well. The Tal Shiar Adapted ships get even Borgier. The Nicor looks pretty awesome assimilated, especially when you think about it. And the Breen ships are already asymmetrical and covered with greebles, so Borg stuff looks right at home on them.
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Looks good on the Chell Grett

With you on this one 100%. The Chell Grett looks like it was MADE to rock the Borg visuals, especially if it's the full set.

The problem is that almost all our ships are symmetrical, so slapping on asymmetrical visuals simply doesn't really flow, unless you're into the juxtapose thing.

Any asymmetrical ship, however, should work out well.

BTW, I'd have to toss the Nicor in for the vote.

Edit:
    The Nicor looks pretty awesome assimilated, especially when you think about it. And the Breen ships are already asymmetrical and covered with greebles, so Borg stuff looks right at home on them.

Looks like you beat me to it.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Disable all the visuals! Borg...meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I dislike most of the set visuals and usually turn them off. That said, the Borg visuals complement a few ships well. The Tal Shiar Adapted ships get even Borgier. The Nicor looks pretty awesome assimilated, especially when you think about it. And the Breen ships are already asymmetrical and covered with greebles, so Borg stuff looks right at home on them.

LOL. Precisely the breen chrett is the only ship right now of my arsenal that still have assimilated parts. All the other ones, gone. But seriously guys.. how can you like a ship with a deflector even bigger than the ship itself?? lol. Weird people.. :P, a more common sense should be applied. A deflector is a deflector and it should have the size according with the ship.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I stuck the Borg set on my Aeon one time.

I lol'd

Evil Navi green fireball of DEATH!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just don't like the asymmetrical layout, if it weren't for that I would have less of a problem with it, but the way it is it just looks like a bunch of random junk strapped onto the ship.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Try the borg set on the breen raider, just amplifies the spikey blade look of the ship.
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I always thought the Borg set looked great on the Star Cruiser. The "Emissary" version in particular.

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Love the deflector and engine on the Nicor.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have the full set on my Chell Grett and my Fleet Atrox, gotta admit they look badassed IMO.
    Tried it on my scimitar*meh* and my avenger *meh* that's just imo though.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the Kar'fi would look better in it with 4 adjustments

1) flip the delector so its slope matches the front of the ship

2) move the Nacelle wrap to hold around the ships spine

3) increase the size of the impulse engine to cover the vent (and also increase the size of both trails)

4) not have the 'deflector' hatches change to regular deflectors (this applies to all Klingon shield visuals)

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The dish makes the kumari look 10x as lethal, those spines sticking out front, looks like it will impale something.

BoPs must just look weird with the set. (don't have a klink close enough to the rep lvl to try it myself)
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you shoulld put it on undine ship, because cryptic
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My faves are: Nebula, Delta Flyer, and Dromias.

Close fourth is the Recluse.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Atrox, the deflector gives her a 'whiskers' look and the engine override sits on the central engine so it looks like she was built with the borg tech intentionally.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kayajay wrote: »

My favorites are the Breen ships, since they are already very asymmetrical... the green leaking plasma and odd attachments actually blend nicely with the original hull structure. Definitely my favorites for the Assimilated visuals.

Otherwise, I usually just Disable Visuals. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​