test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sneak Peek of Guardian Cruiser

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/513417123779969026

Looks like a blog is coming Monday, too. Not bad.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, it looks nice! I cannot hardly wait until Monday. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Certainly looks like a canon-inspired Starfleet ship unlike the 3 Intelligence Starfleet ships.
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think the Galaxy fans will love this, it really feels like an advancement of that ship.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Now they just need to make a Guardian Dreadnought which has 3 Nacelles and a Lance. :D
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,109 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    To me it looks more like a possible evolution of the concept Ambassador class. But maybe its just the angle. Looking forward to the blog though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/513417123779969026

Looks like a blog is coming Monday, too. Not bad.
    I have to say: I like much of what I'm seeing. Far better than the concept sketch that's already been shown. Like the Vesta pack, I'm not a fan of the nacelles, though.

I'll add:
    On the underside of the saucer section, it looks like 2/3 of the Klingon symbol... or a giant mustache. hehe

Looking forward to trying this ship on Oct. 14th with "Delta Rising"...
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    looks like a galaxy configuration of the Odyssey secondary hull
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thetanine wrote: »

That is one nice looking ship!
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nice. I hope it's compatible with Galaxy pieces.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    To me it looks more like a possible evolution of the concept Ambassador class. But maybe its just the angle. Looking forward to the blog though.

I thought the same thing - the Ambassador that never was. That nice Ambassador - not a monstrosity from TV.
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited September 2014

The saucer looks like it may have animation. Lines/spaces/offset decks like the Chimera & DSD have.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,831 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I probably wont fly it but I'll say it does look like a nice looking ship...definitely better than the concept art.
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like what I see... I could imagine to buy it.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Won't fly one but... damn thats a nice starfleet looking cruiser! Who ever designed it and made it pat yourselves on the back's.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Damnit Cryptic, you've removed the only advantage the KDF had in T6 ships with this ship.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,109 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    What advantage? We don't know its capabilities yet. Not to mention she's only a STANDARD T6, not an Intel. Besides... KDF now has a battlecruiser with a Battlecloak.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    What advantage? We don't know its capabilities yet. Not to mention she's only a STANDARD T6, not an Intel. Besides... KDF now has a battlecruiser with a Battlecloak.

Until now, KDF ships (and Rom for that matter) had the advantage that they actually looked like they were designed by the KDF - something Fed T6s lacked.

Now that advantage is gone.
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thetanine wrote: »
    Was just about to post the same thing. I'm liking it quite a bit.
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Until now, KDF ships (and Rom for that matter) had the advantage that they actually looked like they were designed by the KDF - something Fed T6s lacked.

Now that advantage is gone.

Um... so... an asthetic advantage?
    We already knew the Guardian was coming. We just didn't have a screenshot at the time.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not sure how I feel about the stair step of the interconnecting dorsal. The style isn't consistent with the rest of the design.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm just wondering if it'll be compatible with a Saucer Sep console.
    Other than that, sweet ship!
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dead sexy. Hope the stats are decent. Maybe Cmdr Eng, LtCmdr Tac, LtCmdr Sci, Lt Eng, Ensign Uni. *fantasizes*
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Its a Cruiser. Cruisers are Engie heavy, so Cmdr Engie is a given. Unless things get mixed up with T6...
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    psiameese wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I feel about the stair step of the interconnecting dorsal. The style isn't consistent with the rest of the design.

I think i can agree with you there, feels a bit out of place especially being located right above a mordern shaped deflector like that
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nice. I hope it's compatible with Galaxy pieces.
    It's not an Exploration Cruiser.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd like to see Cmdr Eng, Lt. Cmdr Tac, Lt. Cmdr Sci, Lt. universal and Ens. Eng. That seems like a good balance of powers to me.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Dead sexy. Hope the stats are decent. Maybe Cmdr Eng, LtCmdr Tac, LtCmdr Sci, Lt Eng, Ensign Uni. *fantasizes*
    As it seems like an Ambassador variant - and since its special Console is about additional tanking ability - I would say the stats are more likely to be:

Commander Engineering
    Lt. Commander Engineering
    Lt. Commander Science
    Lieutenant Tactical
    Ensign Intel - as we know non-Intel T6 ships get 1 Intel Boff.