test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't presume a ship is a rainbow failboat...

rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
I got raged at the other day because my cruiser had beams of various colours, well hasn't it ocurred that weapons have multiple colours now.

My cruiser has all high end phasers however they were of various sub types: Standard (yellow) Biomatter (Blue) and TierBox Bio (Green) yet they are all phasers and i use purple XI phaser boosters.

So guys, remember don't assume people are using a rainbow boat now that many weapon sub types are of differing colour now.

Thanks. :D
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
Post edited by rustiswordz on

Comments

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well... smart people know this already. dumb people are dumb and are never going to understand.

and elitist never listen. while a single dmg type rainbow boat is viable it's not optimal. so they will still whine about it.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So it's a "feignbowboat"?

Bon't bother if someone tries to dictate you to change your weapon colours to a single one :p

Ignore the control freaks
    (Heck, during undine infiltration one of them tried to tell me that i don't have to use my TR-rifle there ... within the first few seconds after beaming in.... before the shield dropped, i kept the rifle equipped of course, that guy whispered me 25-30 times each time angrier and angrier that i have to change my weapon, which i found quite amusing also because he died 4 times during the mission, he was the only one who died in that STF)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I got raged at the other day because my cruiser had beams of various colours, well hasn't it ocurred that weapons have multiple colours now.

My cruiser has all high end phasers however they were of various sub types: Standard (yellow) Biomatter (Blue) and TierBox Bio (Green) yet they are all phasers and i use purple XI phaser boosters.

So guys, remember don't assume people are using a rainbow boat now that many weapon sub types are of differing colour now.

Thanks. :D
    valenn1 wrote: »
    So it's a "feignbowboat"?

Bon't bother if someone tries to dictate you to change your weapon colours to a single one :p

Ignore the control freaks
    (Heck, during undine infiltration one of them tried to tell me that i don't have to use my TR-rifle there ... within the first few seconds after beaming in.... before the shield dropped, i kept the rifle equipped of course, that guy whispered me 25-30 times each time angrier and angrier that i have to change my weapon, which i found quite amusing also because he died 4 times during the mission, he was the only one who died in that STF)

my smart*** self would have switched to my shard sword of kahless. or bare fists. and told everyone one why I did it.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    when i see a rainbow cruiser i cant help but smile and hope for a reaction from the other players, usually negative. there is something decadent about rainbow cruisers i like. considering until about half a year ago i was flying a assault cruiser t4.5 "rainbow cruiser" on my main and it was fun to play on :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,185 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    lol
    Rage at multiple Phaser types.
    Throw a TOS phaser or Andorian phaser on it and add fuel to the fire. At least its all the same damage type. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When I see a rainbow boat I'll think "uh oh"... when I see a rainbow boat that can hold its own I think "phew". Every thing else, I once heard a wise Borg Drone say, is irrelevant.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »
    When I see a rainbow boat I'll think "uh oh"... when I see a rainbow boat that can hold its own I think "phew". Every thing else, I once heard a wise Borg Drone say, is irrelevant.

Used to know a fleet member who would jump into pugs in a rainbow cruiser with full MK XII Fleet gear just to troll...

More often than not, they'd come out on top for DPS...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am going to build a beam rainboat someday, it is pretty looking and I like having an excuse for it *snickers* First time I truly did a rainbowboat was with my Vesta using Aux phaser cannons up front and three different color phaser turrets in the back.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,196 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Been having that for years. I fly torp boats so sometimes I use different color energy weapons as all my tac consoels are for torps and mines.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hrmmm, yeah - don't know why they wasted their time raging about it being rainbow...when they should have just been raging about it being Phasers. ;)
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't see a significant downside to rainbow boats. It's probably because I like Torpedo Boats and they work best using different torp types (to prevent cooldown issues).

nightken wrote: »
    my smart*** self would have switched to my shard sword of kahless. or bare fists. and told everyone one why I did it.

Bare Fists? There is nothing at all wrong with using unarmed combat. If you know the combos, there are a bunch of moves with several status effects attached to them. It happens to be my favorite type ground combat.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jslyn wrote: »
    I don't see a significant downside to rainbow boats. It's probably because I like Torpedo Boats and they work best using different torp types (to prevent cooldown issues).

Bare Fists? There is nothing at all wrong with using unarmed combat. If you know the combos, there are a bunch of moves with several status effects attached to them. It happens to be my favorite type ground combat.

I don't know the combos :P

and am too lazy to learn em for a game that doesn't need em, I just switch to my gun when I need to stop playing around.

• Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was going to create a character to build a rainbow boat on. His name would be "Roy G Biv" flying the "USS Skittles" with the ship moniker being "Taste the rainbow."
  • Options
    leighandrew12leighandrew12 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here are some things I have noticed about 'elite' players:

1. They spend too much time obsessing over the optional objectives as if it's the end of the world if the team fails them.

2. They call the whole team noobs despite the fact they die more often than the rest of the team.

3. They spend too much time sitting outside the combat area whinning in team chat rather than actually taking part and threatening to report everyone

If there are anymore trends please post them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exposing fakes since 2374
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I was going to create a character to build a rainbow boat on. His name would be "Roy G Biv" flying the "USS Skittles" with the ship moniker being "Taste the rainbow."

I was thinking of a KDF ship, the IKS Rainbow Warrior
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ... If there are anymore trends please post them...

Being so obsessed with their weapons buffing that they are completely incapable of surviving a prolonged, multi-tiered attack from multiple NPCs, and thus demanding that such mission's NPCs are way overpowered and that "nobody" is capable of defeating them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

1. They spend too much time obsessing over the optional objectives as if it's the end of the world if the team fails them.

2. They call the whole team noobs despite the fact they die more often than the rest of the team.

3. They spend too much time sitting outside the combat area whinning in team chat rather than actually taking part and threatening to report everyone

posting threads on the forum about how terrible everyone else is... or how thing they do is about skill anything they don't like is cheese or op. though that doesn't happen as much as as it could. I think it's cause their so little focus on pvp

to pvpers: not saying all pvpers do such things, some of you are awesome people, but it does sometimes attract certain personality types.

• Options
    bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jslyn wrote: »

I don't think this is entirely accurate.
    Last time I checked, unarmed did considerably less damage than with a weapon equipped.
    But I admit, this may have changed.

That said, I love the unarmed combat style.
    For a loooong time, I've wanted to see some equip-able weapon, for stats only (dmg), to make unarmed melee animations competitive with current armed damage.

I was thinking photonic sparring gloves or something like brass knuckles, using the unarmed animations.

**puts 2 pennies on the table**

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • Options
    leighandrew12leighandrew12 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well delta Rising's comming soon. Maybe they could put in an animation for the 'infamous' Tuvok holodeck throttle scene?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exposing fakes since 2374
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Oh oh oh! How about complaining on the forums about low lvl players bringing low tier ships into fleet alerts.

That one really got me laughing.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh oh oh! How about complaining on the forums about low lvl players bringing low tier ships into fleet alerts.

That one really got me laughing.

Oh yes, I remember that one.

To add to the list, I do like how the more verbal elitist player will stay stone silent if our group of noobs in useless ships still complete the mission with optionals. And there is never an apology of course, they just warp out the second they are able to.

And of course, though I'd never recommend it, landing your own verbal smackdown on them that shuts them up for the rest of the mission :P

EDIT: I've got some EC saved up to burn, since there are plenty of Disruptor types I'm going have a go at the pretend rainbow boat myself.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    I don't know the combos :P

and am too lazy to learn em for a game that doesn't need em, I just switch to my gun when I need to stop playing around.

Need? No. Fun? Yes. Especially in Shooter Mode. And you get to do some of the trademark moves like Kirk's Chop and Double Fist Punch.

I don't think this is entirely accurate.
    Last time I checked, unarmed did considerably less damage than with a weapon equipped.
    But I admit, this may have changed.

It does do lower damage. That is why my Martial Artist is a Romulan for their bonus to Melee Combat and the Innate Knockdown Proc.

Also, keep in mind that Martial Arts has Shield Bypass, does Interrupts, Area of Effect Exploits, Damage Over Time (that stacks, no less) and it's faster than ranged weapons.

That said, I love the unarmed combat style.
    For a loooong time, I've wanted to see some equip-able weapon, for stats only (dmg), to make unarmed melee animations competitive with current armed damage.

I was thinking photonic sparring gloves or something like brass knuckles, using the unarmed animations.

**puts 2 pennies on the table**

Indeed. I have been considering making a thread request a Rep Gear that boosts Martial Arts. I just might do that.
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hehe. I remember years ago (a year or two after game launched) and I didn't know much bout the game. I had many sorts of weapons on my ship. And between mission, few players start telling me how can I play with rainbow ship? This was shocking for me. I thought: How can anyone say what color of hull must I have on my ship.
    So this happened few times and so I was fed up. Rainbow ship, yeah. So I changed my hull to have no colors, just a hull color. And between playnig missions it happened again - RAINBOW SHIP. Gee, that was it. I had enough. I asked one player whats wrong with my ship - there are no colors on my hull . so what's his problem. Than he said to me: "Why are you using different tipe of weapons?!" So I found out what rainbow ship means.
    Now I have same tipe of weapons on all of my ships. Its better this way. But in the past I always thought that let's say if you use different tipe of weapons on your ship, Borg can't adapt to them that fast (How stupid of me).
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Try disruptor, far more flavors.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    borgus1122 wrote: »
    But in the past I always thought that let's say if you use different tipe of weapons on your ship, Borg can't adapt to them that fast (How stupid of me).

To be fair, there is a certain degree of logic to that idea.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    To be fair, there is a certain degree of logic to that idea.

Yes. Yes, there is. Sadly, Borg don't Adapt in Space Battle but have Shields instead.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The other day in a PUG I encounter the guy who spewed nothing but profanity at the rest of the team for being noobs. All I could think was "How does he have time to type if we're in such trouble?"

So finally I took the time to type "LESS &#^*ING. MORE SPACEBAR!!!!" That seemed to shut them up.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    One of my rommie tacs flies around a T5 ambassador, RRW Dippin Dots.

The design theory is 'lazy'. I parse between 5-6k dps in it without trying, and always CC the spheres in my warp plasma. Never get any complaints, but then people in pugs rarely say anything at all.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i also run a reman in a ambassador, strictly support only, no dps, just healing support alone. i dont suppose that would get me through the stf because the healing could be seen as a form damage due to the numbers? :P i could run a rainbow configuration on that if i wanted.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.