Install Arc
Options

New sliders and organization coming soon to Character Creator/Tailor

12346»

Comments

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The new female legs/pants are on Tribble & I must say I love them. Definitelly a huge improvement! :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anyone think the sliders should have little numbers to indicate millimeters, inches, or bust size,honestquestiondonthitmeplease?
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    captz1pp wrote: »
    Anyone think the sliders should have little numbers to indicate millimeters, inches, or bust size,honestquestiondonthitmeplease?
    I do miss the locked scale so I could visually tell if my character is the right size. Now when I adjust the height at all, it zooms in/out, destroying that ability.

A measurement standing next to the character would do WONDERS.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    captz1pp wrote: »

It would be nice if each slider had a number box so we can type in a number. It would make having multiple sliders the same easier. As it is we have to eyeball it.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would be nice if each slider had a number box so we can type in a number. It would make having multiple sliders the same easier. As it is we have to eyeball it.

This feature has been requested before.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16788021&postcount=26

Here's crypticjoejing's response:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16788331&postcount=27
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    darlexadarlexa Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tasshena wrote: »
    One nitpick I've always had with the tailor, will there ever be an option to separate head/body from uniform? Be able to set it to 'standardized' so you can edit it once and have it fixed on all the uniforms?

this would be helpful.

or simply having slot one be the master, and that you can "sync" any slot to that master body type with a button.
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »

Maybe they could implement a feature where you could hover the cursor over a slider and it would display its numeric value, kind of like the color codes we get now if you hover your mouse over a color in a color palette.

You wouldn't be able to type in values, but you would know exactly what the setting of the slider is. Less drastic change, might be easier to implement.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So after some more playing with the sliders on Tribble ...

MUST give more variation on Lower Leg Bulk ... This REALLY needs to be given at last a 30% 'decrease" in size. It's particularly noticeable on Klingon/KDF aligned toons, as almost all of the "Boots" for KDF/Romklinks are Huge and Bulky.

Another is the Voth Light Soldier Outfit. The boots on a female toon look somewhat silly, because they are way to bulky for the rest of the body.

Same with the Hirogen Armor. On a male character it's not to bad, but on a female character it looks quite ridiculous currently, because you cannot scale the parts low enough to make a pleasing shape.

And we still REALLY, REALLY need the "Eye Rotation" option, and also separate Upper Lip and Lower Lip Fullness options.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Regarding the recent "irregular" options added to male aliens....

THANK YOU

One small issue (besides laughing too much while testing the Kobali zone with my new strike team), on the new head type the cheek option slider doesn't appear to do a whole lot. I know what the head is setup for but with these sorts of major alien add-ons theres a lot you could do with it if you go a little bit further than the show's original design.

That is to say, slim hiearchy cone heads might be a very great asset to alien customization (as well as the normal potato-shaped kind) so if its at all possible a little more extreme variation on the new head type sliders would be appreciated.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks nice there. on a side note PLEASE organize the loose and tight jackets, far too much overlap with the armor choices. haha
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Since you guys are putting in sliders for waists, can I suggest maybe putting a number on it as well [weight-wise], similar to how you've got the height slider? :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Since you guys are putting in sliders for waists, can I suggest maybe putting a number on it as well [weight-wise], similar to how you've got the height slider? :)

Since weight and mass are sort of related you'd also have to have those numbers adjusted for height and body part size increases. Either it would be horrendously complicated to do right, or it would just mean nothing.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    darlexa wrote: »
    maybe a slider for skirt length? it would allow for players to adjust the "maturity" of the uniform.
    I could appreciate that.

Depending on the height of your character one skirt could look positively matronly while on another it could be scandalous. It also affects how the proportions of the outfit look.
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I do miss the locked scale so I could visually tell if my character is the right size. Now when I adjust the height at all, it zooms in/out, destroying that ability.

I'll add another suggestion. A level zoom. What I mean by that is if I'm working on legs or pants I don't want to zoom in closer so I can see the face better. I want to see the legs.

It's impossible to see the boots on a character in detail.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is DR "soon"? I am waiting a long time for those slider options^^
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lebtron wrote: »
    Is DR "soon"? I am waiting a long time for those slider options^^

The release date is on our loading screens [on holodeck] now if you happened to miss the big announcement blog.

BTW, it's Oct 14th, just over a week away. :P
  • Options
    lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The release date is on our loading screens [on holodeck] now if you happened to miss the big announcement blog.

BTW, it's Oct 14th, just over a week away. :P

I am not asking for the release date of DR, but those slider options. Because they were announced with "soon" half a year ago;)
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please move or hid the Faces column.
    You only need that if you're in the head section anyway.
    Also it's most annoying when trying to rotate the character and seeing the face change while the mouse travels from Ragdoll to the options.

Or put the faces on the right as well with the hair style column.
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    Please move or hid the Faces column.
    You only need that if you're in the head section anyway.
    Also it's most annoying when trying to rotate the character and seeing the face change while the mouse travels from Ragdoll to the options.

Or put the faces on the right as well with the hair style column.

My suggestion would be to hide the preset faces and hair styles if you're displaying the Advanced settings (sliders for head/body, drop down lists for uniforms). In other words, keep all the presets together -- faces, hairstyles, and uniforms. If the user is in Advanced settings, they probably don't want the face/hair presets.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lebtron wrote: »
    I am not asking for the release date of DR, but those slider options. Because they were announced with "soon" half a year ago;)

They were added in the midst of Delta Rising content. When you see that go live expect to see this stuff added too (though it would be nice if we could, like with upgrades, get the sliders "early") :)
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Next Generation Film combadge clips badly on females - when arm bulk is set higher & the bust/torso set at lower settings, on stances like Twitchy and Thoughtful, tested on all variants of Odyssey uniform - I'll post pictures and see more bugs later. Atm tired..
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And Gorn are still missing the Mass and Physique sliders?
    This bug have been around since season 7 now.
    Bring em back please! the other sliders hardly change the Gorn body.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New Bugs

Male "Chest Depth" slider stops working after changing "Chest Size" slider (Tribble ticket #47,609)
    Switching between "Captain" and "Bridge Officers" tabs fails to switch characters (Tribble ticket #47,613)
    "Protrusion" spelled as "Potrusion" under "Nose Scaling Options" (Tribble ticket #47,626)

Gorn

The Gorn are still missing their mass and physique sliders. See the following bug report from June 2013, which was marked "Known, team investigating bug".

Where are the the options for Gorn? **Known, team investigating bug**

Gorn also seem to be missing the "Hip Size" slider; I'm not sure whether that is intentional or not. Furthermore, Gorn seem to have much fewer head options than other species. Perhaps, this restriction is due to the Gorn's special head geometry, but strangely Catians seem to have the full range of head options. For comparison, the head and body options for Caitians and Gorn are included below.

Caitian
    Head: 1, 2, 3
    Body: 1, 2

Gorn
    Head: 1, 2

General Feedback

Some of the new sliders don't have much effect at the low end of the scale. For example, I was hoping that the new "Waist Size" slider would allow me get rid of the "older Kirk and Riker" look on my boffs, but the effect is small. The screenshots below show the difference between a middle and minimum "Waist Slider" setting.

Andorian male
    Middle: Front, Back
    Minimum: Front, Back

Alien male

Season 8 made male waists wider and male hips narrower, making the male torso look bulkier. It is difficult to create a thin but fit male on Holodeck right now. You have to choose between (American) football player, scrawny, or "older Kirk and Riker". With the new sliders on Tribble, I was able to create a reasonable approximation to a thin but fit male, but it required a good deal of fiddling. Compare the default male in the character creator with the thinner one I made.

Human male: Default, Thin

I'm not saying that the male character model should be changed to make the default look like the character I created above. That would probably have the undesirable effect of changing the appearance of all existing male characters. But I do think the case can be made for body presets. The tailor used to have body presets. At some point, they stopped working (changing only the height) and were eventually removed. Many posters in this thread have spent a lot of time in the tailor learning what each slider does and are willing to spend the time to learn what all the new sliders do. But the learning curve makes it difficult for the average player to achieve a specific look. Body presets would make this task easier. The face and hair presets have been criticized by many for obstructing view of the character. I'm not saying that you should further block the view with more presets; I'm saying that you should add body presets as well as the option to hide all presets.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    New Bugs

Male "Chest Depth" slider stops working after changing "Chest Size" slider (Tribble ticket #47,609)
    Switching between "Captain" and "Bridge Officers" tabs fails to switch characters (Tribble ticket #47,613)
    "Protrusion" spelled as "Potrusion" under "Nose Scaling Options" (Tribble ticket #47,626)

Gorn

The Gorn are still missing their mass and physique sliders. See the following bug report from June 2013, which was marked "Known, team investigating bug".

Where are the the options for Gorn? **Known, team investigating bug**

Gorn also seem to be missing the "Hip Size" slider; I'm not sure whether that is intentional or not. Furthermore, Gorn seem to have much fewer head options than other species. Perhaps, this restriction is due to the Gorn's special head geometry, but strangely Catians seem to have the full range of head options. For comparison, the head and body options for Caitians and Gorn are included below.

Caitian
    Head: 1, 2, 3

Gorn
    Head: 1, 2

General Feedback

Some of the new sliders don't have much effect at the low end of the scale. For example, I was hoping that the new "Waist Size" slider would allow me get rid of the "older Kirk and Riker" look on my boffs, but the effect is small. The screenshots below show the difference between a middle and minimum "Waist Slider" setting.

Andorian male

Alien male

Season 8 made male waists wider and male hips narrower, making the male torso look bulkier. It is difficult to create a thin but fit male on Holodeck right now. You have to choose between (American) football player, scrawny, or "older Kirk and Riker". With the new sliders on Tribble, I was able to create a reasonable approximation to a thin but fit male, but it required a good deal of fiddling. Compare the default male in the character creator with the thinner one I made.

Human male: Default, Thin

I'm not saying that the male character model should be changed to make the default look like the character I created above. That would probably have the undesirable effect of changing the appearance of all existing male characters. But I do think the case can be made for body presets. The tailor used to have body presets. At some point, they stopped working (changing only the height) and were eventually removed. Many posters in this thread have spent a lot of time in the tailor learning what each slider does and are willing to spend the time to learn what all the new sliders do. But the learning curve makes it difficult for the average player to achieve a specific look. Body presets would make this task easier. The face and hair presets have been criticized by many for obstructing view of the character. I'm not saying that you should further block the view with more presets; I'm saying that you should add body presets as well as the option to hide all presets.

It is difficult to get even a muscular male whose wait and hips look congruous so to me it's not just the slender version the waist always seems just this side of too wide.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

The problem is because of how the character exists in the Tailor window, it's impossible to put a height measurement up.

The absolute best you can do with the engine is one of two things:

1) Change the background to have a scale printed on it...which will only be accurate when you zoom the camera all the way out.

2) Put up some kind of 'measuring stick' off to one side that'll zoom with the character, but will also always be there on all Tailor screens. And the best it'll be is just 'marks on a stick'.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    2) Put up some kind of 'measuring stick' off to one side that'll zoom with the character, but will also always be there on all Tailor screens. And the best it'll be is just 'marks on a stick'.

It would do the job...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, is this going into the live patch on Tuesday?

I have a few friends who are really excited to play with the new face sliders and stuff.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So, is this going into the live patch on Tuesday?

I have a few friends who are really excited to play with the new face sliders and stuff.

That's the word, it's going down in....seven hours.