What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neelix Returns!

Comments

• Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Do we get to use the character on the foundry ? I can think of many many creative ways to kill him.
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Neelix is a good character, and added a lot to the show. IMO, he was a much better character in later seasons, once Kes was gone.

Hear, hear! Without Neelix VOY would have been a bunch of sad people moping their way across the Delta Quadrant.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    Hear, hear! Without Neelix VOY would have been a bunch of sad people moping their way across the Delta Quadrant.

How can you say that? Tuvok was there to cheer them up with his doom predictions and estimates!!
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Neelix is a good character, and added a lot to the show. IMO, he was a much better character in later seasons, once Kes was gone.

Yeah, I think that his involvement with Kess was the character's problem early on. What could have been an interesting relationship quickly took a back seat to Kess' involvement with the rest of the crew (especially the Doctor and Tuvok) and really hampered Neelix's own development. He spent too long as the 'funny looking, somewhat annoying not-quite-a-diplomat/galley cook/morale officer' and not enough time to explore or develop what made Neelix useful or interesting.
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How can you say that? Tuvok was there to cheer them up with his doom predictions and estimates!!

Case in point :D. Harry Kim with his clarinet, Tom Paris with the frequent rage-panics, and Janeway with that "GTFO of my office" smirk.. such a lively bunch!
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    No idea, but Seven of Nine could tuck me in whenever the hell she wants. :D

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/046/a/0/resistance_is_futile_by_loopydave-d4pon7b.jpg
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Agreed Boss Taco.

The jealousy angle was not a good look. On the other hand things like his trauma from the Metreon Cascade and his nurturing attitude were pretty good. Actually his Morale Officer position did remind me of the MWR on my own ship so he was a good fit in that regard along with the themed food nights.

I think he and Kes were stronger once they were separated.
    Case in point :D. Harry Kim with his clarinet, Tom Paris with the frequent rage-panics, and Janeway with that "GTFO of my office" smirk.. such a lively bunch!
    She was simply emoting Dismissed.
    stomperx99 wrote: »

That's actually a great satiric drawing.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014

See? They had fun!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I agree 100% taco

imho i found kes annoying as heck

but neelix was cool he was the sidkick of a ship and i liked how he always had that cup of something similar to coffee but not quite and usually the person would wind up gagging lol

good to see neelix back
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Did the dev's give Neelix 32 years of aging plus the wear and tear of leadership? Or did I not notice on tribble?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    captz1pp wrote: »
    Did the dev's give Neelix 32 years of aging plus the wear and tear of leadership? Or did I not notice on tribble?

do we really know how tellaxians age? they may not age the same way everyone else does they may wind up looking the same way throughout thier lives once at the age of maturity.

we never knew more then the basics about neelix which is why its good he is back we get to find out more about hin and his people beyond just the basics......now how about a nice cup of this stuff i just made it looks just like coffee :)
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am glad to see Neelix back. He was a fun character to watch on Voyager. Too bad Janeway didn't give him a sip of her coffee. :P

I hope we get some of Neelix's dishes in the game. Even cooler would be if he were invited to the Winter Event as our chef. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014

How much did they pay you to say that, Tacofangs?

I mean, seriously.

I suppose if you like clowns and don't think too hard about the fact that (a) his kitchen violates literally EVERY health and safety regulation in the book and (b) he got multiple people killed through sheer incompetence, he's mildly amusing.

Otherwise, he's unbearable.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    Cryptic - why couldn't you have added Neelix as one of the crew you encounter in Mindscape?

That would have pleased a lot of people:P
    No spoilers please. :(
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really looking forward to encountering Neelix in game!

Some really great moments with that character in the series:

Neelix: Whatever you need is what I have to offer. You need a guide - I'm your guide. You need supplies - I know where to procure them. I have friends among races you don't even know exist. You need a cook? Oh, you haven't lived until you've tasted my Angla'bosque! It will be my job to anticipate your needs before you know you have them. And I anticipate your first need... will be me!

---

Neelix: Eleven years ago, I saw my world in ruins... my family murdered. All what's kept me going is knowing that one day we'd be together again. That I'd see them again. But it's not true. And I can't live without that hope.

---

[Seven is complaining to Tuvok about her untidy cabin mate, when Neelix passes by with a "tactical question"]
    Neelix: We're just about done rebuilding the internal security sensors, and we're ready to program the audio signal. Do you want it to say 'Intruder alert', or should we try something a little more dramatic, like 'Warning, intruder alert', or 'Intruders among us! Danger! Danger! Intruders among us!'
    Tuvok: 'Intruder alert' will suffice.
    Neelix: Yeah, go with the classic. Understood, sir.
    [walks away]
    Tuvok: [to Seven] And you believe *you* have difficulties.

---

Neelix: I'm not a fighter. I'm just a cook - who sometimes imagines himself a diplomat.
    Tuvok: On the contrary, Mr. Neelix. You are much more than that. You are perhaps the most resourceful individual I have ever known.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't get all the rage; its like its just hip to rant about him :/

His character did not had the best start in the show but IMO a great development over the seasons. I'm looking forward to missions involving him.
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well im not sure what to think about this. my toons are are all Klingon and the females on my crew are not as hard up as the crew of that D7 they ran into, rescued then subsequently marooned on that planet. id really rather have a dread head kazon on the ship than him.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All I can say is he better not call me Mr. Romulan.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jake477 wrote: »
    All I can say is he better not call me Mr. Romulan.....

Welcome aboard Mr. Romulan! :o
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    helgmornhelgmorn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great, I like Neelix.

Made a point of getting his auto at ST London.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    I am glad to see Neelix back. He was a fun character to watch on Voyager. Too bad Janeway didn't give him a sip of her coffee. :P

I hope we get some of Neelix's dishes in the game. Even cooler would be if he were invited to the Winter Event as our chef. :)

Ha ha that would be great having neelix as the chef at nthe winter event having a nice warm cup of

"Something that looks like hot chocolate kinda smells like hot chocolate but isnt hot chocolate with something like marshmellows in it " :D
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    And Ba'al was less an unbearable clown? That guy could give Shatner a run for his money in terms of overacting. And that's not easy.

The Goa'uld are SUPPOSED to be hammy, and besides, overacting is fun.

Take a look at a few of Anubis's greatest hits sometime.

But Neelix is a clown, and a clown who gets people killed with his clowning at that.

Plus, speaking as someone with a family member who actually attended culinary school, Neelix's kitchen is one giant safety violation--as in, it clearly and openly violates LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE RULE in the book.

A bit of hammy self-importance and pomposity is amusing when played for laughs. But a clown who gets people killed with his antics is NOT FUNNY.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    * throws himself at Trendy and hugs her ankles *

OH, SWEET MERCY!

Please, we'll never complain or offer criticism again, please just don't let him in the Alpha quad! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! :eek:

* gets dragged along with Trendy as she cold heartily walks away *

*Trout slaps you* pull yourself together man your a damn dragon after all now act like one and grovel with dignity :D
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    on Star Trek: Voyager, We Saw Neelix As An Explorer, A Trader, A Chef, A Morale Officer And A Diplomat. A Native Of The Delta Quadrant, Neelix Was Voyager’s Guide, And Helped Them Navigate The Often Tricky Politics And Shifting Boundaries Of The Quadrant. He Was A Valued Member Of The Crew, And Always Had A Warm Cup Of “even Better Than Coffee Substitute” And A Sympathetic Ear For The Crew’s Problems.

learn More About His Return To Star Trek In Delta Rising!

~laughingtrendy

Why Are We Being Punished?!?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    neelix was a good character. not everyone can be some tall, brooding, bad TRIBBLE with a beard, but he is far from jarjar tier. there were some really good episodes centered around him, he loved the crew like a family, and had the morality of a saint. plus the guy that played him is actually really cool, i think its great hes part of DR.

I agree with this completely, especially the bit about Ethan being cool. Glad to have him doing voice work for us!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just FYI for anyone who is a bit confused by my hatred of Neelix: I actually like Ethan Phillips a lot as an actor, and I consider him to be a generally pretty cool dude. In fact, the main reason I hate Neelix with such an undying passion is because the character is a titanic waste of such a very good actor's talents.
  • Options
    turdpuckturdpuck Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I personally disliked Neelix in the voyager series. Unless the STO version of him is drastically different, I really dread having to listen to the character again. Hopefully I will be able to skip through his dialogue, or his participation is ancillary.