test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neelix Returns!

1235»

Comments

• rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well the Neelix mission is irritating busy-work. It's out of character for us and it's just plain non sequitur at times. It's not QUITE as bad as Of Bajor, but it's a second runner-up.

I really wanted to open fire on his ship so many times... Or him when on the ground... Stupid IFF weapons limitations!

P.S You citing how old you are? False arguments and straw men. You wouldn't need to get so defensive if you had a point to stand upon. Your entire argument boils down to: It was the best because you hated all the others more. Yes... of course. That means it was great.

You need to brush up on your logical arguments and do a little soul searching. You may need to re-evaluate your standards for TV shows.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, hiyaaaaa!!, one of the most terrible and hated characters of the whole star trek franchise returns!! so excited!! lol..
    edited September 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Voyager has the worst storylines and writing ever and the worst acting ever the only trek is worse is JJTrek. The characters did not impact on me the way the other series did. Kazon were klingon wannabes. Borg were transformed from a decent villian to OMG not these again. Q became boring also. There was very few decent actors in the show Only Robert Picardo was the one that made any impact.

The Borg were amazing in Voyager. Maybe you just watched another show.. because you are terrible wrong about this lol. In fact, Voyager is the only show where we could see the Borg really angry.

Now, yes Voyager is one of the worst series of the franchise, nobody can deny that. But actings? Janeway was superb. The best captain ive ever seen in a star trek show, even better in my opinion than Picard and Kirk. And of course even better than Sisko lol (this is a joke of course, but sisko was really really terrible). The rest of the crew, with the exception of Tuvok and other actors, were just fine. You cant say their acting was better or worse than other ones. The only "bad" about Voyager was the script of a lot of episodes, but the show improved really really much in the third season to become just a fine show.

I really prefer Voyager much much more than DS9, for example. With a big difference. I found more dumb characters and stupid stories in DS9 than on any other star trek show. Of course i love all star trek shows, but we need to stabilish a degree here.
  • johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rjoy79 wrote: »
    Neelix doesn't look old enough, come on he'd be about 60-70 years old in STO, give or take. He needs more lines and some grey in his hair.

This assumes he ages like a human does, how do we know how his race ages or what their life span really is?

As far as the arguement about Voyager's contiunity, my spelling is horrid. Let's be honest... if you really look at it they did NOT do a good job at it. The ship was magically repaired to no hull damage including fresh paint nearly ep. Yeah they tried to keep the story straight but too many minor details constantly falling through the cracks. That ship with all the fighting and damage they took should have been in peices by the end of season 1 without finding some major shipyard to overhaul, and than they would have had to give out Starfleet secerts in order to get the repairs they needed to make sure that the repairs would be compatible with Voyagers systems. And even then I'm sure the hull would have atleast shown some different colors and painting ;)
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Borg were amazing in Voyager. Maybe you just watched another show.. because you are terrible wrong about this lol. In fact, Voyager is the only show where we could see the Borg really angry.

Now, yes Voyager is one of the worst series of the franchise, nobody can deny that. But actings? Janeway was superb. The best captain ive ever seen in a star trek show, even better in my opinion than Picard and Kirk. And of course even better than Sisko lol (this is a joke of course, but sisko was really really terrible). The rest of the crew, with the exception of Tuvok and other actors, were just fine. You cant say their acting was better or worse than other ones. The only "bad" about Voyager was the script of a lot of episodes, but the show improved really really much in the third season to become just a fine show.

I really prefer Voyager much much more than DS9, for example. With a big difference. I found more dumb characters and stupid stories in DS9 than on any other star trek show. Of course i love all star trek shows, but we need to stabilish a degree here.

I never said the Borg weren't good in Voyager i just think they overdid the Borg it was like TNG with Data finds a family member or holodeck malfunctions episodes lol. Janeway was the worst captain imo her voice grinded on me and she seemed to put coffee ahead of everything else.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Voyager was, is, and probably if they ever make any more my favorite show, with TOS being a INCREDIBLY close second. ENT was the worst out of the franchise, hands down.

And I'd be the first to say that the continuity of VOY was pretty bad, not only couldn't they keep things flowing smoothly between episodes, each one being a bobbling of a single story wrapped independently usually from the others in the season. basically if one put the stories in order by their stardates purported by the captain and various other officer's log they traveled 37K lightyears in a single season three or four times to get what they were doing in seasons 4 and worse in 5. And really only changes that happened the season before were addressed a season or THREE (Kim mentioning he had been resurrected (twice by then actually, but one was a previous season)). It felt at times the writers seemed to really on different wave links and the character episodes disjointed the flow further still. I still enjoyed VOY as it felt more like TOS at the time and I got to know the VOY crew better than the TOS's with all their quirks and faults made the more real than the menagerie that was at times TOS's now dated look at race and cultures.

It feels that it was only under the tight observation of Roddenberry, who had with TOS and TNG, made those shows stay on target, flow unusually well with one another episode to episode, and also were more broadly based on scientific facts and theories when the writers wrote the phrase [Insert technobabble here]. That gave a actual realism in those two shows that made people stop and think and really use their brains. Most of that got thrown out the window with DS9's Space theology and opera war, and Voyagers admittedly bad quantum make it up as we go along science theory insert plot point here moments.

Not that the other two... whoops forgot ENT, two and a third shows didn't have their flight of fancy or bizarre unrealistic moments.

Long story short, I adore VOY and Star Trek in general, but I am not blind to it's faults. Odd movies, weird characters "The Outrageous Okona", and odd supposed romances that just didn't seem to go anywhere "PicardxTroi" anyone? Neelix was not a great character, but he served his purpose and generally in the beginning had very interesting character episodes, Jetrel was one of my faves in season one. He could be highly annoying, and I think that was the writer's intent as Phillips is a pretty good actor when not looking like a hedgehog.

And having played what I have on the Tribble, they do okay at minimizing his... quirks the writers really gave him. I guess he had 32 years to fix those.
  • illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Grand, Star Trek's version of Jar Jar Binks makes a triumphal comeback.
    edited September 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Janeway was the worst captain imo her voice grinded on me and she seemed to put coffee ahead of everything else.

I hope you are joking, because if not, obviously you dont have a clue and you should watch every show again. If you think the same, obviously you dont have any sense of what means being a good actor, or having a role that fits an specific show. Janeway was probably the best captain not only for her acting, but because her personality and it fited the show just perfect. You can say you didnt like her, but that has nothing to do with the other thing.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope you are joking, because if not, obviously you dont have a clue and you should watch every show again. If you think the same, obviously you dont have any sense of what means being a good actor, or having a role that fits an specific show. Janeway was probably the best captain not only for her acting, but because her personality and it fited the show just perfect. You can say you didnt like her, but that has nothing to do with the other thing.

And that's your personal opinion, which I disagree with 100%. Mulgrew is a mediocre actress at best, Janeway was a poorly-written Mary Sue, and she was a pretty terrible captain just from a numeric and criminal standpoint as well.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    And that's your personal opinion, which I disagree with 100%. Mulgrew is a mediocre actress at best, Janeway was a poorly-written Mary Sue, and she was a pretty terrible captain just from a numeric and criminal standpoint as well.

This.

You ever watch her in any other shows? She HAS done other work, you know? She's really not that good. Mediocre at best. Her portrayal of a starfleet captain? Sad, at best. Her character's writing? Deplorable at best.

Overall grade: -F
    edited September 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

My views exactly
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014

There has been better actors and actresses in star trek and Kate Mulgrew is not one of them
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]