Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Special Operations Fleet: Role Play, Social and Leveling

Comments

• Options
    zeropiumzeropium Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just have to point this out:
    you'll notice in my previous post, I used "we" a lot.
    That is because SSO is a community, not a one-man show.
    We put members first.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Playing solo through the summer months? Looking to join a friendly group who won't tell you what to do, or burden you down with a list of demands and requirements?
    Come join us at Starfleet Special Operations.
    We're a casual bunch, always looking for friendly players to hang out with.
    Feel free to check us out at www.ssofleet.com
    Questions? Mail me in-game: John@zeropium
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why join SSO? Whats in it for you, the player?

Family, its really simple. We have no drama, no whiners, no rage quiters, its really that simple.

At SSO we make it so by being a community that prides itself on just that, our community.

No Drama, no power mongurs, no power hungry players, we play, we laugh, we blow stuff up.

Check us out at www.ssofleet.com

Or contact one of our in game admins to get your spot in the most drama free fleet in STO.
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Welcome test subjects....I mean applicants!

SSO Fleet is looking for good Captains to take part in our experiments......I mean join our lovely fleet!

We have a wide array of test we would.....I mean events that's right events, we would love for you to join us in.

We PVE, PVP, RP, run STF's, experiment on new recruits........I mean we run science experiments with our science department......right.....

Whatever you are looking for we have our hands in it, including wonderful experiments on recruits.......right.

So check us out at www.ssofleet.com or send one of our admins a quick whisper in game to find out just what we are all about!

At SSO we make it so, even for our recruits!......that we may or may not experiment on!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Why join SSO, besides the fact we have orion slave girls and lots of cookies?

Family, pure, simple, truth, at SSO your not just another member, or a number, your a part of a family.

This is not a military fleet, we don't have ranks, we don't like ranks, we don't want power plays that tear our fleet apart.

We want you, as a member, to feel like your always welcome, always family.

Check us out at www.ssofleet.com

Tell'em Loki sent ya!
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    have fun and happy gaming
    Post edited by razar2380 on
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    SSO is not a fleet that includes a list of demands for our members.
    We encourage you to come and go as you please, playing the game your way, not ours.
    There are many fleets that exist that boast a casual gaming experience, and we are certainly one of them.
    What makes us different is that we do not help or assist our members to help them serve us better. We assist our members to make themselves better, to get more out of the game and to feel a sense of belonging.
    We urge new and veteran players alike to check us out and join our friendly group.
    Also, feel free to have a look at our forums over at ssofleet.com
    Any in-game questions or other inquires can be sent to me: John@zeropium.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Are any of you looking for a fleet that will serve you, and not the other way around?
    We here at SSO strive to give our members a sense of belonging and fun. We want you to enjoy the time you have in the fleet. We urge you to play the game your way - the way it's meant to be played. However, we gladly offer advice, helps and tips to those looking for assistance. For new players, sometimes the game can leave you feeling overwhelmed and lost. We're here to make it less-so.
    Feel free to drop by our forums at: www.ssofleet.com/forums
    Any questions or inquires can be forwarded to me in the game at: John@zeropium
    At SSO, we make it so!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Like Roleplay? Check out SSO's newest adventure in this video as we prepair for our most daring RP yet!

New Video

At SSO we make it SO!

Tell'em Loki sent ya!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What kind of Fleet do we have here at SSO, we have a fleet that holds one thing above all others, FUN!!!!!!

We hang out and do runs, we BS with each other day and night, we never EVER take ourselves too seriously.

This fleet centers around you, the player, and as we have grown so has our goals of having as much fun as we can.

Just a few months ago we celebrated our little tree house turning the ripe old age of 1, we are here to last, and we just keep getting louder as we grow! Party Video

So check us out HERE

Tell'em Loki sent ya!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What does SSO offer YOU, the player?

1. A fun environment filled with people that ENJOY playing this game.

2. A ACTIVE roster of players that get on daily for STF runs, Leveling, RP, PVE, and even a little PVP between members on occasion.

3. A wonderful Forum here that is completely optional but a truly fun experience on its own.

4. Friendship, brotherhood (with some sisters here and there) and family.

At SSO we make it so!

Tell'em Loki sent ya!

Contact Fleet Guardians @Zeropium, @Razar2380, @thehh68, or @wdbittle2012 for entry
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What makes a great Fleet on STO?

Is it a 22 question test to see if you will give anything to the fleet you wanna join?

Is it the Justicar system they have in place to make sure you can't do jack all in game or on their forums without getting in trouble?

My personal favorite, "explain how you will benefit US here at blah blah blah."

Thats the thing, why would you wanna join a fleet that only looks out for their people at the top, that only cares about things never changing for YOU?!

At SSO things happen all for YOU, the player. Every member of SSO, Admins, fleet guardians, members, redshirts, all have a voice, all hold the same rank, all are truely members. No player is any different than anyone else, all our admins and FG's simply have more responsibility, and more work than a normal member. As far as rights in the fleet we are all the same, no better, no worse.

So don't settle mates, don't settle on the dream others want you to believe, see it here at SSO, cause for almost two years we have actually made it so.

Contact @zeropium, @razar2380, @thehh68, or @wdbittle2012 to see for yourself that we have a real community that cares about one thing, you, the player, feeling at home.

Oh yeah, tell'em Loki sent ya!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Have you heard the old saying power corrupts? Have you been in a fleet that refuses change because the higher ups would lose all their little powers? Have you joined a fleet only to find out they divide you up into little groups and play games to make you hate the other groups?

Well here at SSO we don't put up with segragation, we believe in the IDIC, Infinite diversity in infinite combinations. We pride ourselves on the fact that we want you, whoever that may be, to enjoy this game with us.

What do we expect? More like what do YOU expect out of us! Cause our major concern in this game isn't running you into the ground, or making you put up with petty bickering, its fun, having fun and enjoying ourselves.

Contact @zeropium, @razar2380, @thehh68, or @wdbittle2012 to see for yourself that we have a real community that cares about one thing, you, the player, feeling at home.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Something I heard recently from someone not affiliated with SSO really struck a cord and I wanted to share that. "We are the best because we have always done things this way, we have always had this, we don't ever need to change."

Change is constant my friends, it happens in our lives every day, and to not accept it and move on, well its to wither or rot.

We don't believe in ranks here at SSO. We don't believe in segragating our fleet into little groups that squable. We don't believe in a few people holding power above an entire group and acting like we decide the fate of the universe.

What we believe in is friendship, brotherhood, family. We don't want you to join then feel left out, we never want you to feel like a number, and we would never ask you to make yourself feel like one by making you do menial tasks like filling out a 22 question survey or making you post in our thread here BEFORE you can join.

We want to laugh, hang out, play the game, and leave all that other BS behind.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    What makes a good Fleet great in STO?

Endless ranks that take years to grow into?

A Power structure so steeped in dogma that you will never see the top?

A Fleet that expects YOU to spend all your time and energy working for it, instead of the other way around?

Lonely chat channels that no one ever talks in that are never used to organize and bring a fleet together?

How bout we just cut threw all that, you get the message, I respect that, because I was stuck, just like you, stuck in fleet dogma, stuck in lonely chat channels, stuck working for a system that never did anything for its members.

At SSO we have a few things that really matter, fun, friendship, family, and an active fleet that works FOR YOU! We want more than a number here, more than a acknowledgement post on our forums, we want YOU!

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Is it your fleet that defines you, or do you define the fleet?
    There is a lot that can be said about how you view your time in the game, based on the fleet you are involved with.
    Have you seen the drama? The chaos? The unwillingness to listen to the players that make a fleet function and evolve?
    Are you comfortable with that? Does it feel alright to settle and be a sheep for the ones who are corrupt with power? The very ones who have their list of demands, requirements and restrictions are the ones who simply the kill fleets for others by creating a hostile environment. Who wants to play a game surrounded by that kind of toxin?
    Are your characters a canvas, or have they become a toilet wall?
    You have the chance to leave corruption, to leave the hostile faces, to rise above drama and finally play STO the way you always wanted.

At SSO, you are not a number, a notch on the wall, or a faceless drone, doomed to follow the orders of a so-called "higher power" who thinks they know what's best for the players they never even get to know.
    We've all felt the grind, we've all had our voices met with dead silence.
    Break away from the empty void, and become a part of something unique.
    Check out our forums at: www.ssofleet.com/forums/
    We want nothing more than to communicate with our fellow members, and play the game as the individuals we are - the kind of people who meshed so well, and brought us to where we are today.
    Check in with our friendly administration team by sending us an in-game mail to:
    @zeropium, @razar2380, @thehh68, @ wdbittle2012
    We'll be waiting for you.
  • Options
    wdbittle2012wdbittle2012 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Calling all quiet ones, wallflowers, mission runners, those that just get on to pug, or maybe you hate those random invites on esd/sector space...

We are your fleet.

As a former wallflower I have to say that SSO is the place to be:)

You don't have the annoying administrative red tape that some of us have experienced....

You don't have the constant fleet mails explaining how everyone MUST contribute to fleet projects... or how if you don't do x, then you can't get y... those are annoying...

I've been there... and I'm sure many of you have... It's a big turn off when you notice that the core of your fleet are bossy, demanding, they want you there then don't even try to say hey to you when they see you in game.

Its annoying, and a total waste of time IMO.

Here at SSO we welcome all... and belong to all. We won't make you do anything, we won't ask you to do anything (ok we do offer weekly fleet events where we pug together and all that, but never anything mandatory), and above all we're here to have fun:)

I must say I've been with this fleet for a little over a year (must check my mission log to find the exact date that I joined) and must say I have come to see them as brothers/sisters in arms. I was the quiet one, rolling with them when they pugged (they never hesitated to broadcast when group stuff was goin on) and sat in the back of the class not trying to make any waves. Now I find myself habitually hopping on the voice chat server (while at work no less) just to see if anyone is on, and to say a quick hi and bye.

I'm not the fancy one with words, I leave that to my fellow admins, but I have to say that this is the most friendly place to be. We come from all walks of life, all over the world, and I have come to consider many of them close friends (i find it hard to break away from the game for more than 24 hours isn't that sad? and its not because I want to play, but more just to hang out and shoot the TRIBBLE:))

This fleet doesn't belong to anyone, not a core group of four/five that have their own plans, but to the whole community. I came late to the game, yet was asked to become part of the admin team, even though I knew none of the founders or members even in real life (no quid pro quo if you catch my drift [or bad grammar/spelling] nor did i really talk much, but here I am... coming on here to share my story with you (you lucky forum reader) hoping you will take a chance like I did that short time ago. Honestly you've got nothing to lose:)

We do a lot of things... events.... rp (which i get to try out next week (is it next week? TRIBBLE need to check the event tab lol)... we pug... do missions... foundry... pvp (against each other or even in ker'rat while being vaped on spawning, but do we complain? never we enjoy a challenge. We challenge each other to try new things/builds/ideas.... we even try to break the monotony of the stfs, by trying to do them in interesting ways...

I mean who does vortex with a group of constitutions... we do. Who attempts conduit both sides simultaneously... we do. Who fights the no win, and wins? Well we're almost there~ round nine woot!

I could go on and on, but if you have gotten this far, throw us a shout, we welcome all, we're not here to headhunt, but if you got extra toons, like me... drop one in our fleet and check us out.

Thanks for your time, and hopefully we will catch you around the galaxy~

Smoke

Oh and the admins... if you didn't catch them from the previous well thought out and worded posts... even though someone got one of the @handles wrong lol... hit us up~

@zeropium, @razar2380, @thehh68, @wdbittle2012, or @stone_loki
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just got this flying for our new academy RP, enjoy :cool:

Video
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    have been a proud member of this fleet for some time now, and I have to say that they are the most freindly, socialble, and understanding fleet I have experienced, the members are always there for you and are willing to spend their time helping you, without these guys and gals i dont think this game would be anywhere near as fun as it is now.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What is the one thing you will never have to do, put up with, or deal with when joining SSO?

That's easy, a useless 22 question Application/Quiz/headache!

Why? Because we here at SSO believe that you are whats important, not what you can bring us, we just want you to bring you.

How does that work you ask? Simple, we are here for YOU, the fleet as a whole is here for YOU, not the other way around. You do not serve SSO, SSO does everything thing it can to be there for YOU.

How do we do this? Why do we do this? We as a fleet support its members, we as a fleet do it because every member is just as important to us as any other.

Fun is the name of the game, and that's what we are all about.

09-11-2014 09:58 PM
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It's not a numbers game, or positions of rank with us.
    It's about the game - the way you want to play it, and how our fleet can serve you along the way.
    SSO is a group of comrades, (some of which have known each other for quite a while), who want nothing more than to enjoy the game with friends and allies.
    If you are someone looking for a place to call home, among people who will not treat you like dirt, or a slave, or a useless, faceless piece of nothing, come check us out.
    www.ssofleet.com/forums/
    We look forward to seeing you out there.
    Send us an in-game mail with your questions or inquiries: @zeropium, @razar2380, @thehh68, or @wdbittle2012
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    What do you find important in a Fleet in STO?

Laughs? Good times?

Friends that help any way they can?

Long standing members of the community that will be there in game when you need them?

A crazy overlord that cloned himself thousand's of times so he can make a grab at power to take over the entire universe?

Well if you said yes to the first three come check us out, if you said yes to the last one you will feel right at home!

Tell'em Loki sent ya!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Are you gearing up for the Delta Rising expansion with nowhere to call home yet?
    Come be our guest at: www.ssofleet.com/forums/
    We'll be there to enjoy all the new content with our members.
    Or if you're looking for a place to just kick back and enjoy the game at your own pace, we'll be there for that as well.
    We're a collective group of players from all over, who have joined with the sole purpose of being a community that loves playing games together.
    If you have any questions, feel free to contact anyone from our admin team in-game:
    @zeropium, @razar2380, or @wdbittle2012

We here at SSO look forward to hearing from you.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Fun, laughs, enjoyment, fellowship, these are the things that matter in SSO.

Our one rule, don't be a D-bag to fellow fleet members.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    What is so great about SSO?

We are friends, we are family, and we do what everyone else says can't be done.

We have one rule, don't be a D-bag to fellow fleet members.

We look after EVERYONE in our fleet, from the casual PVE'er to the unstoppable PVP'er we embrace all aspects of this game and run with it.

Contact @zeropium, @razar2380, or @wdbittle2012 to see for yourself that we have a real community that cares about one thing, you, the player, feeling at home.

Tell'em Loki sent ya
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    What do you want from a fleet? Is it to just be a number, or to be bossed around like you are still at work? Maybe you want one that makes you feel like the only time you matter to them is when you slave for them.

Well, if that is what you are after, then you are not looking for SSO. We DO treat our members like they matter. We DO treat members as individuals, and not some number. And we don't expect you to work when in the game, we expect you to have fun.

We don't want slaves. We want you, the person, the individual. And we want to have fun, and enjoy things together in the game.

With DR out now, it is nice to have others that are willing to run some of the missions with, and even some of the PVEs/STFs with. We love doing things together. In fact, that is what we are about, a community that is like family.

So, if you are interested in seeing what we are all about, feel free to stop by and check us out. You can go to our website at www.ssofleet.com or you can contact @zeropium, @wdbittle2012, or me @razar2380 in-game.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

*Loki whips tim across the back*

Wait a tic, are you saying you don't work?!

*Whips some more*

I need someone for slave duty! Get out there and get us some fleet marks, and I want ALL the dil you earned this weeks put into projects for stuff that I want!

now.....where is the Tylenol.........
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    stoneloki wrote: »
    *Loki whips tim across the back*

Wait a tic, are you saying you don't work?!

*Whips some more*

I need someone for slave duty!