test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official New Delta Alliance Reputation Feedback Thread

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post bugs and feedback for the New Delta Alliance Reputation.

Delta Alliance Reputation System
  • The Delta Alliance Reputation System offers a large amount if new rewards.
  • Only on Tribble, the time limits for projects have been reduced to 10 seconds.
  • Players may obtain Delta Marks from the new PVE queue Borg: Disconnected.
  • We will have more detailed information on this Reputation system in the coming days.
  • This is still a work in progress including icons, art, and power balancing for rewards.

Known Issues:
  • The Delta Alliance Reputation system is not in a final state.
    • This includes icons, art, and power balancing for rewards.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    So Far Liking the Reputation...

Please I hope that we will be unlocking more active Reputation Traits for Ground/Space/T5 with the higher Ranks.

Please can we unlock one at level 55 (5 Per Category) and a Second at Lvl 60 (6 Per Category)

I'm really running low on Rep Trait space as it stand now and I want to use this new Rep System.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited September 2014
    • The Delta Alliance Reputation System offers a large amount if new rewards.

What exactly is that suppose to mean?
    Offers a large amount OF new rewards?
    Or is there the what portion of it missing?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Have heard about two bits of an ordnance set (console/torp) - can somebody share if the third is polaron (matching the thoron infused polaron ground weapons)...?

Also, are we going to be looking at the +7.6% strength boosts or the new +7.5% bonus boosts with sets going forward? If it is the latter, will the old 7.6 strength get changed to 7.5 bonus?
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    The new thoron space weapons are such BS. Significantly greater DoT compared to plasma, AND a placate? Ugh.
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Daily mark bonus boxes say 8472 instead of Delta but gives the correct marks.

How do we get ancient power cell to test the new reputation items?
  • Options
    commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I see phaser and disruptor ground weapons again for Fed/KDF, no plasma for romulans? Would it have been that difficult to add 1 more weapon type?
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, seriously, give the romulans some love- and also because I want more plasma weapons.
  • Options
    androphorosandrophoros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Question: the Info tab for Delta Alliance says the only way to earn marks for this reputation is through Borg: Disconnected and 2 other unreleased queues. Will these 3 queues be the only way to earn Delta marks? or will there be other ways earn marks to suite other playstyles, such as solo play?
    "Wesley - He wants the Impossible
    Geordi - That's the short definition of Captain" - and the STO Forums
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Remove the placate. We spent months trying to remove the Romulan T4 placate and now we have this BS?

Heck, the the whole rep is filled with pure BS.

Meaningful feedback:
    1) Heals gone wild since they're based off crits
    2) More penetration, awesome
    3) T5 25K damage, wow. T5 Nukara + T5 Delta = POW!
    4) That universal console will become standard on 11 console ships. Now if you fixed the R&D system, I could also slot a non-fleet (yes, I still regard them as junk) sci cooldown deflector.
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I really wonder whats the cool down on the neutronic torp, if its faster then tricobalts then the dps is insane. With my current skills it would deal nearly 8k kinetic and 1,5k radiation damage (+ the power leech).
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Feedback: Reputation, and this isn't actually limited to Delta, but it's saying i need to respec before i can preview the skills

what is up with that?

anyways, everything looks awesome; anyone have pictures of the items, the armor, and the specs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Intelligence modules are not showing up in the Delta Alliance Store.
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    argent007 wrote: »
    Feedback: Reputation, and this isn't actually limited to Delta, but it's saying i need to respec before i can preview the skills

what is up with that?

anyways, everything looks awesome; anyone have pictures of the items, the armor, and the specs?

only till T2, not enough people playing stf

BzOVayN.jpg

fkf93XM.jpg

862fDQj.jpg

k5mAjUP.jpg
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    graysock wrote: »

BzOVayN.jpg

fkf93XM.jpg

862fDQj.jpg

k5mAjUP.jpg

You're doing the lord's work, son.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fkf93XM.jpg
    I note the distinct lack of a Singularity Core in the Space Set's item list... is this like the Obelisk Core where there simply isn't a Singularity equivalent?
    k5mAjUP.jpg
    Also, does this completely byass Power Insulators (or the need to invest in Flow Capacitors) by setting the target's subsystem power to 0? That's... not balanced... with anything. It's awesome... but not balanced. :P
    apparently the reputation torpedo will reduce ALL subsystem power to ZERO for SIX seconds.

*edit*

ok now its showing -6.3, its no loner implying it drains all energy, so nevermind

Oh, never mind... thank Q for that...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I see phaser and disruptor ground weapons again for Fed/KDF, no plasma for romulans? Would it have been that difficult to add 1 more weapon type?

Continuing trend leave one faction behind at all times.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the trait that buffs turn rate and movement speed has conflicting tool tips. in the rep window the mouse over shows +35 raw speed, but when i equip the trait, it says +25% more speed

the radiation proc on the thoron weapons is ENORMOUSE. ~1000 damage per second, for 5 seconds. thats not at all balanced compared to the fraction of that other DOT procs have, and those are OVER 5 seconds, not every second, for 5 seconds.

but thats not even the worst part, with these weapons, returns the DREADED placate, the thing everyone in pvp hated more then everything. it was a cancer that was rightfully removed, basically useless in pve too. why the hell would you consider bringing it back? the proc is already strong enough without it.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Question! Will [Console - Tactical - Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay] boost the radiation damage of this Thoron radiation DoT?

Also there is currently no Delta Mark pack for testing from the Drozana console.

Sigh.. repeat of 8472 Rep all over again...

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the trait that buffs turn rate and movement speed has conflicting tool tips. in the rep window the mouse over shows +35 raw speed, but when i equip the trait, it says +25% more speed

the radiation proc on the thoron weapons is ENORMOUSE. ~1000 damage per second, for 5 seconds. thats not at all balanced compared to the fraction of that other DOT procs have, and those are OVER 5 seconds, not every second, for 5 seconds.

but thats not even the worst part, with these weapons, returns the DREADED placate, the thing everyone in pvp hated more then everything. it was a cancer that was rightfully removed, basically useless in pve too. why the hell would you consider bringing it back? the proc is already strong enough without it.

I've been wanting a placate proc for a long time. If pvpers want to cry about it like everything else in game, give it a time gate for PCs or something like phasers. But I'll be damned if we lose a new proc and get a third dot proc. Everything in this game is a cleanse anyway right now. Adapt.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014

BzOVayN.jpg

fkf93XM.jpg

862fDQj.jpg

k5mAjUP.jpg

Thanks for that, btw, did you happen to see on the items if there is a Polaron boost from the ordnance set - and if so, whether it was the old +7.6% strength or the new +7.5% bonus?

Or er...anybody else notice what it was?
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've been wanting a placate proc for a long time. If pvpers want to cry about it like everything else in game, give it a time gate for PCs or something like phasers. But I'll be damned if we lose a new proc and get a third dot proc. Everything in this game is a cleanse anyway right now. Adapt.

placate is worthless in pve. npcs have 1 or 2 beams shooting at you at any given time, you wont even notice if it procs. its a huge deal when you have 7 or 8 weapons fireing and every second your target is out of your fireing arc is costing you huge DPS. threre's no way to adapt to something thats created by RNG.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As far as the Thoron proc's big numbers, that's likely a mistake for right now - after all, the Risian ship accidentally got 12 console slots in it's upgrade to T5-U at first

That and all the Doff commendations rewards tooltips are standardized between 250 + 750 now, even if they reward their usual at completion
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://i.imgur.com/862fDQj.jpg

Tantalus Field... Has starfleet lost all its morales and started using evil mirror universe technology as well as alien ships?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4406531072/h129C8B0C/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    May you please guys remove the placate effect from new weapons? We did a lot of feedback last time on the old t4 rom placate to be removed from the game and you listened us. What i'm saying is it's better, at least for pvp and this little little hope of balance in there, to remove the placate from the proc. Also, i'd nerf the damage and the shield offline proc of the t5 delta, it's simply too much reading the stats, imho.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can we please get a Delta tester pack on Drozana? All the other reps have one.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://i.imgur.com/862fDQj.jpg

Tantalus Field... Has starfleet lost all its morales and started using evil mirror universe technology as well as alien ships?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4406531072/h129C8B0C/

if you look on memory alpha you will see a note that in an episode of ENT that was intended to guest star william shatner they decided that the field actually displaced people in time instead of killing them, id guess cryptic played off that.

Im focused more on the isokinetic cannon :D
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Please remove that placate proc from the weapons.

We already went through months of complaining in order to get the Rom T4 placate changed because it was just ridiculous, and it took more than a year for it to be removed with the trait revamp. Lets not go through this mess again. Basically, you're once more instituting an unneeded proc, because in PvE no one needs a placate proc, and making sensor analysis junk again in PvP.

Do you guys just get amnesia and forget past problems every time you're making new stuff?
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    if you look on memory alpha you will see a note that in an episode of ENT that was intended to guest star william shatner they decided that the field actually displaced people in time instead of killing them, id guess cryptic played off that.

Im focused more on the isokinetic cannon :D

I did see that, however it was a non-screen reference and even so its still yet another controversial weapon added to Starfleets armory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    landdonlanddon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Placate proc could be reduced some, but it shouldn't be eliminated. I would recommend the creating some "Fleet" oriented PVE content as well.

One could solve the PVP in-balance by making all PVP event use the same ship (Stats wise), with a different looking exterior. That should all have the same consoles with the same stats. There perfectly balanced.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    landdon wrote: »
    Placate proc could be reduced some, but it shouldn't be eliminated. I would recommend the creating some "Fleet" oriented PVE content as well.

One could solve the PVP in-balance by making all PVP event use the same ship (Stats wise), with a different looking exterior. That should all have the same consoles with the same stats. There perfectly balanced.

this is a masterful example of balancing PvP and taking all the fun out of it, not to mention any skill to make the builds.

PvPers play PvP to beat other players by skill and builds, not just to shoot each other.

this idea annihilates any sense of fun for most if not all PvPers