What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - September 2, 2014

Comments

• Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When will the doffs get fixed properly? Im getting tired of waiting for 3 hours every day for the assignments to finish.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just finished Mindscape. Even in its quite evidently early state, it's awesome, and stretches the boundaries of what an STO mission can be. If this kind of creativity is what we have to look forward to in Delta Rising, then consider me absurdly stoked.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a question to the Devs.
    When will Silver players able to access Tribble?

Preferably before the inevitable nerfs, I wish to play the content as it was made, not as the 'spacebar heroes' want it.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Preferably before the inevitable nerfs, I wish to play the content as it was made, not as the 'spacebar heroes' want it.

Enough already with the tears FFS you want into Tribble.? Subscribe ..end of story ...get over it
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Level 15 eng trait "give it your all" confirmed still broken ...you guys still hammering away at that?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wildweasal wrote: »
    Enough already with the tears FFS you want into Tribble.? Subscribe ..end of story ...get over it

I have nothing to get over (yet) thank you, I'm fine with waiting my turn, I just want my turn to be before the mass nerfs.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can see some one on here thinks that dev will fix things if we dont keep reminding them. Take it fron a player thats been here a lot longer then u if we dont keep going in about bugs they become features of the game. e,g go on a Rom bridge chances are u see a opsit factions boff sat in a char i reported this when testing LOR guess what its still happening:(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ambush Duty Officers that apply DOTs can no longer be triggered by DOT effects themselves.

Looks like my guess was correct about the broken mechanic of that DOFF. Thank you for the fix.

In a related note, can you take a look into grenades not consuming Ambush? This has been a longstanding issue.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    spartand1994spartand1994 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wildweasal wrote: »

That's not very nice. I think I should be able to test on Tribble without having to pay a monthly fee. Especially when I have QA Testing experience in the industry.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are three difficulties really necessary? Won't this basically split the community even more, considering the number of PvE queued missions will only keep increasing?

The level cap is increasing, so why do we need a Normal difficulty? Just turn the current Elite into Normal, and add the new Elite for lvl 60. I mean, all current "Elite" missions are already laughably easy even without top gear. With T6/T5U, level 60 and new gear all the existing content will be a joke. As such I see no reason to leave normal difficulty for any of these missions.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You'll get your opportunity, don't worry..they'll have a closed testing period which will be for certain Silver players and for Gold players like with LoR.

At least I think they will, I don't really want any of the DR content to go untested (at least thoroughly) by certain elitists who just want access to new shinies (no names, but I am a LTS player).
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Are three difficulties really necessary? Won't this basically split the community even more, considering the number of PvE queued missions will only keep increasing?

The level cap is increasing, so why do we need a Normal difficulty? Just turn the current Elite into Normal, and add the new Elite for lvl 60. I mean, all current "Elite" missions are already laughably easy even without top gear. With T6/T5U, level 60 and new gear all the existing content will be a joke. As such I see no reason to leave normal difficulty for any of these missions.

For the most part i agree with you on everything except borg missions, those start at level 45 so require the normal setting.
    I understand that people have gone and done elite STF's with tier 1 ships etc and you may be way past the average new player when it comes to doing them but at least think of them, we was all there at one point or another.
    my only hope is the new elites are actually a challenge instead of a "beam agro everything" hit and run ( yep guilty of this :D )

IN FACT i would be inclined to suggest that the starting level for normal's be reduced to say 40 instead of 45, mainly because i would rather do those over and over instead of those pesky story missions.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a question to the Devs.
    When will Silver players able to access Tribble?

Yeah no kidding right, I used to be able to test on this server just a few months ago, now it is restricted to Subs!

Great, just what we needed, a P2P group doing all the testing, and commenting on what the F2P should have!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    [*]New PVE Queue Difficulty Options
    • Standard Difficulty is unchanged.
      • Players level 51 – 60 will be scaled down to level 50 for this queue.
    • Advanced Difficulty replaces what was previously called Elite.
      • Players level 51-60 will be scaled to level 60 for this queue.
    • Elite Queues are now level 60 versions of PVE queues.
      • Only level 60 players can queue for this difficulty setting.
      • Currently, Borg: Disconnected is the only PVE queue with this setting.

Will rewards for the queues that are currently Elite on holodeck be changing or will they remain the same after they are renamed "Advanced"?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    Will rewards for the queues that are currently Elite on holodeck be changing or will they remain the same after they are renamed "Advanced"?

Well, if someone on Tribble would be so kind as to tell us the rewards for each tier, it would be appreciated.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Well, if someone on Tribble would be so kind as to tell us the rewards for each tier, it would be appreciated.

Well, I got 37 marks from the reward on normal without every optional in Borg disconnected.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    indydsindyds Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.45.20140828d.6

New Features:
    [*]Level caps have been added to many level 50 zones.
    • Players who enter these zones will be automatically set to level 50 while in the zone.
      • Players will see level 50 to the right of their real level.
      • Once the player has left the zone, they will be set back to their real level.
      • This is similar to when players zone in to Nimbus III and are set to level 26 while in the zone.
    • This change affects the following zones:
      • Defera
      • Nukara Prime
      • Dyson Sphere Ground Battlezone
      • Dyson Sphere Undine Space Battlezone
      • New Romulus
      • Dyson Sphere Allied Zone
      • Dyson Sphere Contested Zone

Please don't do this. This will make these zones unappealing. Low level rewards and so on.
    Instead raise them to 60.

I may have broken the Lists in the quote.

suaveks wrote: »

+1
    Drop lvl 50 one.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    indyds wrote: »
    Please don't do this. This will make these zones unappealing. Low level rewards and so on.
    Instead raise them to 60.

I may have broken the Lists in the quote.

+1
    Drop lvl 50 one.

Uhh...the rewards will stay the same for 50...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Damn, I am simultaneously suffering from intense anticipation and intense trepidation for the Silver Account block to be removed.

I do have questions about what has been posted so far, however. Most importantly to me, are the lower tiered versions of the queues going to reward special items, such as Neural Processors and Isomorphic Injectors? Not that my toons really need them, but I would hate for others to have to wait till they hit 60 before being able to purchase the reputation items they unlock at lower tiers.
    General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • Options
    spartand1994spartand1994 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah no kidding right, I used to be able to test on this server just a few months ago, now it is restricted to Subs!

Great, just what we needed, a P2P group doing all the testing, and commenting on what the F2P should have!

I know, it's just not fair. Shouldn't we have a say and give feedback too?
    Also, maybe that is why there were a considerable amount of bugs when LoR released, because they weren't enough players testing to identify them.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know, it's just not fair. Shouldn't we have a say and give feedback too?
    Also, maybe that is why there were a considerable amount of bugs when LoR released, because they weren't enough players testing to identify them.

Definitely not! It's plain and simple deadlines over quality control.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    On Tribble, my trays are completely broken. Literally every time I map move, my trays -- both ground and space -- get scrambled apparently randomly. Is this a side effect of the Tribble copy, or a bug?

ETA: Seems to have stopped now. That was... really weird, and I hope it doesn't go to Holodeck (it's bad enough there).

ETA: Nope, still doing it in space. Ground works fine now, at least.

I can confirm that, all my tray slots and doffs are gone. Load outs do not work. That happens on every warp.

Mindscape:

Voyager re-spawns are non existent. I died on the bridge and it loads the mission from the warp in animation.

The mission progress is lost and cannot carry on with the mission.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    i think its more of restricting players so there are fewer to test so they can rush the release out full of bugs like they always do. The team manager needs to take a step back, and think of what people would like instead of doing what they like and thinking of their pockets being filled

On another note, FIX THE DOFFS SINCE YOU BROKE IT !!!
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    rjoy79rjoy79 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Played the MINDSCAPE mission. Talk about OT, my ship mustv gotten destroyed 10 times before I was able to disable Cooper's Command Bio-Ship. The mission was fun but having my ship explode every minute or so wasn't.
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    Whatever you guys do, don't soften it up. Give us a challenge like NWS!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    rjoy79 wrote: »
    Played the MINDSCAPE mission. Talk about OT, my ship mustv gotten destroyed 10 times before I was able to disable Cooper's Command Bio-Ship. The mission was fun but having my ship explode every minute or so wasn't.

And they say we will be able to easily do the new content with current ships:rolleyes:
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    And they say we will be able to easily do the new content with current ships:rolleyes:

I only died once flying my fleet defiant. It's not difficult but definitely harder than the fluff content we are all used to.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would love to test it out but oh wait, I can't, even though I have thrown some cash at this game. Brilliant.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    Would love to test it out but oh wait, I can't, even though I have thrown some cash at this game. Brilliant.

The answer to this is sub for a month and take the perks including access to the testing. I'm sure it will open up to the whole player base soon enough.

The only thing I would say is Cryptic should make a consistent policy regarding tribble testing for new content releases vs. maintenance releases. I think they have done that by what they are doing but haven't really put it out there as policy. This would set expectations for everyone going forward.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2014
    Keep getting

"Version Mismatch - Please Log out and patch client again"

is there an update we don't know about yet, going live today on tribble???

Edit: yup my question has been answered, patch :D