test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

And they claimed they were the best

naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvP Gameplay
And they said they were the best of the best in STO

Beaten by a has been bunch of Fairy Cupcakes....

At least we back our words up Tal. Been back 5 days after 6 months off and..... Yeah.......

RE and IC, this is for you. Thanks for the practice matches in private.

Starwrath, this is dedicated to you! Thanks for believing in us buddy....
Post edited by naz4 on

Comments

• Options
    omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfyoDlqKqRg

old people can still have at it
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited August 2014
    Great match guys, wish I coulda been there for it, but rl ya know.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to apologize to my fellow 14 year old, old man team mates, I died a little to often.

In my defense though my video card died a few nights ago and in keeping with the theme of the old man fleet... I decided to I would be a cheapskate. I dug my old X800 GTO from 2000 out of a box and Shoved a Motherboard aux fan into the fins to play in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/aIdqcya.jpg

Old parts can still get the job done can't they. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2014
    Ok, I guess I'll make my contribution to the Panda circle jerk too.

It goes to show you that adaptability is everything. The Panda team seemed to take a little while to get back into full fighting shape (six months away from the game and all), but even after the HOBO team changed builds mid match on the pretence of a disconnect (stay classy) there was no slowing them down. Great job everyone on the Panda team!
  • Options
    bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sq3ciGO.gif

gg hobos
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,486 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Congrats Guys, I really enjoyed the video, and watching you lot do that match in real time (in a sense) was very interesting.

Well done :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GGty, assist credit to IC and RE who managed to come together for the sake of their good friends the Pandas (peace in our time?).
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Congrats Guys, I really enjoyed the video, and watching you lot do that match in real time (in a sense) was very interesting.

Well done :)

Your welcome. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    GGty, assist credit to IC and RE who managed to come together for the sake of their good friends the Pandas (peace in our time?).

Meant private matches to test various builds.... They were'nt "together".
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    naz4 wrote: »
    Meant private matches to test various builds.... They were'nt "together".

I was mostly kidding, given their recent history. Focus on the more important part - the GG TY.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    I was mostly kidding, given their recent history. Focus on the more important part - the GG TY.

Zan, i've never had any ill will towards you ever so GG and credits to you for being a sport. :)
  • Options
    omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pvp really is like falling off a bike when you really know how to do it. im on maybe one night a week these days and i've lost no edge. for me taking a breaks would just mean my gear is potentially outdated
  • Options
    xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GG Pandas.

Thx Devolved for calling us out over and over.

Zenith will be returning from his holiday soon. I can't wait to share the drama with him. He's missed so much.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ethercircuitethercircuit Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wonder if the Toronto Raptors celebrated this much when they beat the 72-10 Bulls. GG to all it was fun and challenging.

One loss since the destruction of the FvF queue isn't going to ruin our day. We'll still be here tomorrow.

It's just like in Ker'rat. I can go 3 weeks/1000+ kills without respawn but if I die once they throw a parade...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2014
    Surprising a premade with kind of a new build we never saw is nice, i mean good job but i dont think you can do it 2 time.. HOBO is still the best pvp fleet in the game !! looking farward to figh you team again :) but i guess you wont fight us again lol
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I wonder if the Toronto Raptors celebrated this much when they beat the 72-10 Bulls. GG to all it was fun and challenging.

One loss since the destruction of the FvF queue isn't going to ruin our day. We'll still be here tomorrow.

It's just like in Ker'rat. I can go 3 weeks/1000+ kills without respawn but if I die once they throw a parade...

You mistook the celebration for something else. We celebrated "has beens", coming back after a long time for less than a week and out smarting the self professed "best" PvP team in STO.
    Surprising a premade with kind of a new build we never saw is nice, i mean good job but i dont think you can do it 2 time.. HOBO is still the best pvp fleet in the game !! looking farward to figh you team again :)

Could be true tomorrow maybe when we're back to MWO :P

FYI, the "best" can adjust mid game and counter, rarely surprised and get on with it. Even when they are loosing, they come back and win matches.

Also, didn't you guys claim that you had the meta builds? If so, they should have dealt with our builds regardless.

Oh and claims about Pandas not being able to fly persistent....... Video says it all.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Surprising a premade with kind of a new build we never saw is nice, i mean good job but i dont think you can do it 2 time.. HOBO is still the best pvp fleet in the game !! looking farward to figh you team again :)

The problem there is. We never claim to be the best.

lol.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ethercircuitethercircuit Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You mistook the celebration for something else. We celebrated "has beens", coming back after a long time for less than a week and out smarting the self professed "best" pvp team in STO.

For being back less than a week you sure latched on to the three currently most imbalanced things pretty quick:

1. Fluidic Phase Decoupler

2. 100 % Crit beam overloads

3. Particle accelerator (your team averaged 92-99% Crit on sci abilities http://postimg.org/gallery/1u1268awc/73670d53/)

These are not excuses. We admit we lost. Everyone played fair and according to the rules. But don't act like you didn't abuse everything everyone currently hates about the game. Of course this does lend credibility to your position that Cryptic doesn't care about PvP and the game isn't worth playing...

Like I said, tomorrow we'll be in the queues, we'll be in Ker'rat, we'll be in CapNhold. If you're there great, if not, the game moves on. We actually like this game and we're gonna continue to PUNISH THE FEDs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh and claims about Pandas not being able to fly persistent....... Video says it all.

I thought shak was in a vaper setup ??

...Oh wait that was just my 12 year old video card culling him out of the render. nvm

78-10 66-13 9000-1

Doesn't freaking matter if you can't win the ones that matter.

Was a GG though guys... hope you learned a few things you can work into your team and personal setups. If you would like we could return once every 6 months or so to help you update your Meta builds. Consider the game a teachable moment in your fleets history.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For being back less than a week you sure latched on to the three currently most imbalanced things pretty quick:

Latched so hard there's three in my inventory? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2014

3. Particle accelerator (your team averaged 92-99% Crit on sci abilities http://postimg.org/gallery/1u1268awc/73670d53/)

These are not excuses. We admit we lost. Everyone played fair and according to the rules. But don't act like you didn't abuse everything everyone currently hates about the game. Of course this does lend credibility to your position that Cryptic doesn't care about PvP and the game isn't worth playing...

Like I said, tomorrow we'll be in the queues, we'll be in Ker'rat, we'll be in CapNhold. If you're there great, if not, the game moves on. We actually like this game and we're gonna continue to PUNISH THE FEDs!

If people hate these things, tell the devs why. That's what Pandas have always done.
    If that is confusing, I'm sorry.

Perhaps Zenith can explain it more simply.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014

And queue the nerf thread from Zelda......

So it's bad to min max our builds yet its ok for you guys to stack drain builds on others, swap consoles to get around cooldowns and stuff and then defend it as "there were no rules so...."?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And queue the nerf thread from Zelda......

So it's bad to min max our builds yet its ok for you guys to stack drain builds on others, swap consoles to get around cooldowns and stuff and then defend it as "there were no rules so...."?

Every time I'm in a match where someone on the other side has to make a point of saying "No console swapping" as a rule. It both offends me and makes me sad. I play with guys that push the "meta", the Meta some folk believe they understand so well. We min max of course... find ways to work with in the games rules to build the best possible teams. Swapping out consoles to get around cool downs has got to be one of the lamest things I have ever heard of. It was stated as a rule before we started this match.... I really did ask myself though. "Why does this even have to be stated?" It should be pretty freaking obvious that its something you don't do EVER. It would be like the official at the start of a boxing match saying "no razor blades in your gloves boys" I mean somethings just don't need to be stated... I guess unless you don't see an issue with it. I imagine Iron mike never heard no biting before a match. lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Particle Accelerator is the buff given by Elite Fleet Deflectors to reduce cooldowns on sci abilities by 10%. I don't see that buffing the crit chance at all, not to speek of almost 100%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I guess unless you don't see an issue with it. I imagine Iron mike never heard no biting before a match. lmao

LoL! HAHAHAHA
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Interesting match.

Maybe the HOBOs should have had Minimax during the match? J/K ;)

Honestly, this is kind of more what STO needs.. More fleet rivalry.. more videos for PVP matches.. Shame we won't get more of it. :(
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nice one, congrats to pandas :).

why not post the vid in general discussion (may under the banner of "endgame-content"), so some of the pve'ers may get an idea of real pew? :)
This discussion has been closed.