test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And they claimed they were the best

Comments

• blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    It gets better. They had a private match queued up so they could warp out on command from mid-battle.

No, we just left the zone.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    No, we just left the zone.

No, I mean for the HoBos who were dogfighting with us, got down to 30% hull, warped out while at red alert while under fire, and warped back in thirty seconds later.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    No, I mean for the HoBos who were dogfighting with us, got down to 30% hull, warped out while at red alert while under fire, and warped back in thirty seconds later.

Perhaps the private they did ended just that fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2014
    Perhaps the private they did ended just that fast.

i think he is talking about that console :[Console - Universal - Fluidic Phase Decoupler]
    edited August 2014
    i think he is talking about that console :[Console - Universal - Fluidic Phase Decoupler]

Oh ok ya well I guess it has a 30s cool down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014

I'm not. I know what a warp out looks like.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Congrats Guys, I really enjoyed the video, and watching you lot do that match in real time (in a sense) was very interesting.

Well done :)

Yes, i always love to see sad-panda's, im not a real pvp'r but played with you a couple times with you while being on your ts3, always make me fell happy !!!

Maby deep inside me there is a pvp'r !!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I find it kind of odd...all the hatred being tossed around at HOBO - cause well, if they're not around; it's usually the Feds that are doing the exact thing to the KDF in Ker'rat. Massively outnumbering and camping the Hell out of the spawn...

...so yeah, sometimes it's a case of sending out the HOBOsignal in the hopes that they come and clear that Fed TRIBBLE out of the zone.

But it's Ker'rat - it's always been like that...one side outnumbering the other side and camping. Hell, if there are two zones - odds are the Feds are camping in one zone and the KDF are camping in the other zone.

There are some Feds that don't camp just like there are some KDF that don't camp - there likely the folks that would have glitched to the other side back in the day to try to help break the camp.

But there are a Hell of a lot of Feds that do camp...and there just aren't a Hell of a lot of KDF fleets to return the favor...so where there might be dozens of Fed fleets to share the blame on the Fed side so nobody really stands out, for the KDF it basically falls on HOBO - so they eat the blame.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I find it kind of odd...all the hatred being tossed around at HOBO - cause well, if they're not around; it's usually the Feds that are doing the exact thing to the KDF in Ker'rat. Massively outnumbering and camping the Hell out of the spawn...

for the KDF it basically falls on HOBO - so they eat the blame.

Thanks, this is true unfortunately. Whenever we do try to go in small numbers there are almost always fed ganksquads spawn camping. As one of the few KDF pvp fleets that has the numbers to always bring in reinforcements to break these situations we end up always being the "bad guy" by default.

Sometimes I go around cloaked just to watch these Feds and you can see them just circling above the KDF spawn and not even trying to farm borg so many of these so called victims are not angels either, Feds come to kerrat just to gank and camp too.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited August 2014

...so yeah, sometimes it's a case of sending out the HOBOsignal in the hopes that they come and clear that Fed TRIBBLE out of the zone.

But it's Ker'rat - it's always been like that...one side outnumbering the other side and camping. Hell, if there are two zones - odds are the Feds are camping in one zone and the KDF are camping in the other zone.

There are some Feds that don't camp just like there are some KDF that don't camp - there likely the folks that would have glitched to the other side back in the day to try to help break the camp.

But there are a Hell of a lot of Feds that do camp...and there just aren't a Hell of a lot of KDF fleets to return the favor...so where there might be dozens of Fed fleets to share the blame on the Fed side so nobody really stands out, for the KDF it basically falls on HOBO - so they eat the blame.

I don't think the hobo hate has anything to do with ruling kerrat. Your right Virus Kerrat ruling has nothing at all to do with anything at all accept numbers. It doesn't take skill to rule a kerrat zone it simply requires numbers. At some point the zone limit gets hit and one side or the other is going to be outnumbered until the other side gets bored and leaves. Yes that is standard kerrat lately. Sure there where spawn camps back in the day its always been a part of kerrat... I would say from what I have seen it has been ratcheted up to 10 by this particular bully fleet.

What I believe the hobo hate really comes down to Virus is the Attitude. Its not that they close down a zone its that they are plain mean in there implementation. Its one thing to roll play a bit in zone like say someone like Dagger used to do playing romulan and saying disparaging things about feds in general. It is something very different though when some of these guys start getting very personal in there verbal attacks. Or when they decide to do something asinine like spam zone chat.

A little role play fun is fine... a lot of nasty role play that cross over into harassment territory however is not cool.

I have played with and against some frankly insane folk over the life of STO... what I have been seeing though is really honestly some of the worst behaviour I have seen yet, and that's saying something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I watched the entire video from end-to-end...absolutely stunning victory, guys! Hats off to the Pandas for putting up when challenged.

Just wish I could have been in there with you all... :)

RCK
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's a reason that I do not have any Fed toons. Hell, after 7 months (since deleting them at the end of last year - I ran 50/50 until then) I figured I'd go ahead and roll one. He lasted four days before I deleted him. Still kick myself for all the Zen, Dil, EC, resources that I wasted on him...but if I was stupid enough to roll a Fed again, I'd gladly accept having to kick myself for any resources after deleting the toon again.

It's not a blanket statement against all Feds. There are a bunch of great guys that roll Fed.

But there are enough Feds that aren't great guys...that I want nothing to do with the faction.

I'm not some Klingon fan...lol...Star Trek was about the Federation and Starfleet. I'd love to be flying around in a Cruiser getting my Kirk on. But I just don't want to be associated with the Feds in this game...and nothing that HOBO has done compares in the least to the garbage I've seen from Feds. Even the fine folks that do fly Fed...they just don't make up for all the TRIBBLE out there.

edit: There's no naming or shaming allowed, otherwise our more militant community team will start dropping out Warning Clusters that chain crit...but honestly, in the past couple of years there are at least three KDF fleets that come to mind that make the HOBOs look like they help little old ladies across the street every chance they get. Those were fleets that left me thinking about not running any KDF toons just like I don't run any Fed toons now.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's a reason that I do not have any Fed toons. Hell, after 7 months (since deleting them at the end of last year - I ran 50/50 until then) I figured I'd go ahead and roll one. He lasted four days before I deleted him. Still kick myself for all the Zen, Dil, EC, resources that I wasted on him...but if I was stupid enough to roll a Fed again, I'd gladly accept having to kick myself for any resources after deleting the toon again.

It's not a blanket statement against all Feds. There are a bunch of great guys that roll Fed.

But there are enough Feds that aren't great guys...that I want nothing to do with the faction.

I'm not some Klingon fan...lol...Star Trek was about the Federation and Starfleet. I'd love to be flying around in a Cruiser getting my Kirk on. But I just don't want to be associated with the Feds in this game...and nothing that HOBO has done compares in the least to the garbage I've seen from Feds. Even the fine folks that do fly Fed...they just don't make up for all the TRIBBLE out there.

edit: There's no naming or shaming allowed, otherwise our more militant community team will start dropping out Warning Clusters that chain crit...but honestly, in the past couple of years there are at least three KDF fleets that come to mind that make the HOBOs look like they help little old ladies across the street every chance they get. Those were fleets that left me thinking about not running any KDF toons just like I don't run any Fed toons now.

i'd never connect that to factions as the fact stands: "specials" are everywhere! why border urself cause of their behaviour?
    imo also the attitude of a well-educated (ingame lol) fleet stands out in comparison to those of the hordes of newbs.
    ...so i switched fleets rather than deleting my klink ;)...
  • drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The reason there is so much "forum pvp" is because there is no pvp content in game, Devs please add more content to keep pvpers busy :) Add at least a fleet leaderboard, so we can see on game numbers who really is best fleet. :cool:
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited August 2014
    .. who really is best fleet. :cool:

There is no " the best Fleet " here,..

every Setup.. ervey Ship Combo.. every Fleet is vincible. ;)

greetings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    grandpadxx wrote: »
    There is no " the best Fleet " here,..

every Setup.. ervey Ship Combo.. every Fleet is vincible. ;)

greetings

There will never be "best of all time fleet", but we can have "best of the month fleet" if in sto there was some kind of official tournament mechanism or territory control between fleets.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Grats Pandas :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i think many kdf, none less so than myself, developed a distaste for feddies in kerrat back in the days when everyone reset in the kdf spawn.
    nearly every round went the same:
    1 feds and kdf reset and warp into kdf spawn
    2 most feddies sit at spawn and camp the kdf they outnumber 4:1
    3 a handful of feddies evasive out and begin scanning borg
    4 any feddies killed spawn safely unmolested in fed spawn, while kdf respawn into tractor pets, warp plasma, mines, and faw.
    5 zone resets; goto 1

sometimes the kdf could go an hour without ever getting out of the spawn. the only real solution was to call in more kdf to push the feddies out of kdf spawn. it didnt take a whole lot of us either; even outnumbered 2:1 we could turn the tide, push the nub feddies back into their spawn, and basically sit on them for ages without resetting the zone.

i think thats the spirit of 'the kdf spawn camp', and i dont think any of us feel too bad about for doing it even today.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    C'mon. Still on these topics? We need a mod to close this, imo.

This is flaming...
  • muhaha#7940 muhaha Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I dont know when ever pandas say how great they are at pvp this comes to mind. Once a cheater always a cheater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBiJlipZf14&feature=youtu.be
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited August 2014
    C'mon. Still on these topics? We need a mod to close this, imo.

This is flaming...

I agree.

Close the thread. It ain't going anywhere...
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dius1981 wrote: »
    I agree.

Close the thread. It ain't going anywhere...

In before close.. Your the last one that really has the right to agree with a close after the way you behaved in the last one brah. :cool:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    webdeath wrote: »
    In before close.. Your the last one that really has the right to agree with a close after the way you behaved in the last one brah. :cool:

I'm pleased you of all people replied to me, on this occasion.

This was my original reply to this thread - Page #4 / Post #35 >>> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18643391&postcount=35

Hope you will agree there ain't nothing wrong with that.

In-fact a pretty respectful response to what I consider to be a legit 1st post >>> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18638161&postcount=1

Pandas had every right to make THIS thread, they wanted somewhere to host the video.

The ribbing, along with the vid in this post, was totally fine as well.
    Bragging rights are a part of the game etc etc...

So again nothing wrong with the OP. Hence my reply...

Now this thread on the other hand >>> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1197401

...was intended for nothing more then to troll... If a troll thread gets made then trolls will turn up to feed. No?

On this occasion it happened to be me, as well as other. ;)

So.... I am sorry if I upset anyone, but I take exception to the second post. It simply was't necessary, so not entirely my fault if the train left the rails over there bud.

It don't happen often, an I hope the above goes someway to explaining 'The Why' as it were.

As you said that thread has now been closed, an for good reason.

I haven't said anything untoward in here though, plz keep that in mind.

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Agreed, that did foster bad blood, but it was hardly the Fed's fault, more poor map design. Since then there have been good times and bad times on both sides, but the problem is HOBOs take it to another level, they are the proverbial gang land style bully boys who spawn camp, spam zone chat and in some cases make disgusting and highly insulting remarks against feds in zone chat. .

Agreed, the other non-HOBO KDF are fine, no issues with them at all in Kerrat. I have a KDF friend, a Bug ship pilot, whom I beat up all the time in Kerrat and he would call me a *troll* in open chat but everyone knows it's tongue in cheek. He even asked me to craft him an Aegis Engine. There is really no bad blood between Feds and Klinks per say in Kerrat these days, with the notable exception of HOBOs. Occasionally, we'll get some loud QQers like Seval (marconius) but that is to be expected in a game with a lot of players under 18.
    They then go around stating they are the best PvP fleet and promptly get their bottom handed to them by the Panda's. They are a laughing stock when they should be a proud house of the Klingon Empire, if I were a member of HOBO I'd be looking for new leadership about now.

You really nailed the essence of the reactions in this thread. The reason why this thread is getting so much reactions that some would term as *celebrations* is not because the Sad Pandas are loved or cherished, it's because they humiliated the HOBO. It speaks volume about the bad blood HOBO has created in the 6 months that Sad Pandas disappeared, now that the Pandas returned and put HOBO in their place - all the people who were abused by HOBO in one form or the other can't help but cheer.
  • muhaha#7940 muhaha Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    uglybone wrote: »

Not entirely helpful...

As I said before, please close this thread.

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a good point, however I have to take issue with your first statement, I am in kerrat every day at some point, and I'm usually there for at least an hour, sometimes many hours, I've been going there for over 3 years. In that time I have seen both sides camp for sure, but none more than the KDF. There were fleets in the past on the FED side, I won't name them but one was German and one was Australian, that constantly sat over klink spawn, and you know what they got a lot of abuse from us Feds in there because it basically ruined the evening for all, we certainly didn't join them.

Sorry, gotta somewhat disagree with your first part of your post here.

Even with how much you are in Ker'rat, you are still not there 24/7, and even if you were, you'd still ONLY be seeing one zone at a time. Point is that you might have 'seen' more KDF spawn-camping over the years, but it doesn't mean that it is true.

I'm not denying that spawn camping happens. There are no 'innocent sides' in that no matter what people might say. I'm saying that claiming 'X side spawn camps more than Y side' is really a futile matter because in the end you are only looking at it from one person's POV, and not even on a truly game-wide view or a long-term scale.
    i think many kdf, none less so than myself, developed a distaste for feddies in kerrat back in the days when everyone reset in the kdf spawn.
    nearly every round went the same:

sometimes the kdf could go an hour without ever getting out of the spawn. the only real solution was to call in more kdf to push the feddies out of kdf spawn. it didnt take a whole lot of us either; even outnumbered 2:1 we could turn the tide, push the nub feddies back into their spawn, and basically sit on them for ages without resetting the zone.

I do agree with that. Getting constantly camped back in ye-olden days got really tiring.

But that wasn't the only way of breaking a spawn camp. There were other things one could do. My personal favorite being:

Tricobalt Mines

Oh yes, nothing like a B'rel...tac officer (in the days before Nausicaan BOFFs were fixed), go run out and purposefully die so I can be sent back to spawn. Then fully buff up and launch a DPB 4 of Tric mines, followed up by a normal single mine, and wait for the reset then...

KABOOM!!!

On a good hit, I could easily break 6 digits per mine back then, even on a non-tac if I was really lucky. A tac could get it super-easy. What Feds didn't die would either be weakened or at the very least, alone and easy to take down.

It was a good solid way of breaking a hard spawn camp by yourself, though another person dropping even one tric mine would help as well. Did people do this and pre-mine the spawn to be *******s sometimes, camping or no? Yes, again, like camping itself, there were NO innocent sides in all this either. But at least mining the spawn was a good way of breaking a camp if you needed to.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When you did This:

dius1981 wrote: »

That was when I got disgusted.. Not because of the PVP. But because of the Chat conversation. So sorry if I personally don't find that kind of conversation to be considered good sportsman ship. Or if it then makes me dislike the person that makes those comments. But hey.. I guess you have to be your self at least some of the time, right brah?

Next time.. Try to heed your own Signature.. Because you should know.. your never supposed to go Full ******. Yet.. You did.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    beameddown wrote: »
    It would be interesting to hear their response,

would explain a bit in the video they posted,

I was wondering how does a team this disorganized on the t.s. put up the numbers they do?

but I suppose if your only job is to point the ship in a direction and push 2 buttons and some clicky consoles, then ya, you can just react pretty fast, to opportunities that pop up in the 5v5

still an awsome match to watch, was nice and close there in the beginning, gg

Skills and key-binds thats how they do it !!!
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited August 2014
    beameddown wrote: »
    It would be interesting to hear their response,

would explain a bit in the video they posted,

I was wondering how does a team this disorganized on the t.s. put up the numbers they do?

but I suppose if your only job is to point the ship in a direction and push 2 buttons and some clicky consoles, then ya, you can just react pretty fast, to opportunities that pop up in the 5v5

still an awsome match to watch, was nice and close there in the beginning, gg

This comes up every 2-3 months or so, I usually ignore it, but you don't appear to making any assumptions based on a 3rd party "re-creation"

That program was a thing, it did not auto-heal or anything that video suggests. It was simply a way to emulate a gaming keyboard without actually having one. It did nothing that couldn't be done on any macro-capable keyboard. Plain and simple. If you want to check out our Youtube channel, you can plainly see in our premade matches that abilities are being clicked.

Frankly, that type of "auto-pilot" that is being suggested in that video would be more of a hindrance in PvP since it has no skill, intuition or ability to change it's plan. It just wouldn't be worth it and definitely wouldn't help win high-level matches.
    LOLSTO
This discussion has been closed.