What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

God Console

Comments

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Uhm, excuse me....What does God need with a console?

:cool:
    rinkster wrote: »
    I genuinely lol'd

/win thread

Maybe not an lol... more of a biggrin for me. :D

But yeah. There's no place for this in the game that wouldn't be abused by griefers. Hence why it'll never happen.

Leave "God Mode" in the Foundry where it belongs.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Once every forum eon, a thread emerges where the suggestion is so insane, absurd, and ludicrous, that no rational human being agrees with it, yet the OP is entirely serious.

My friends, today is a monumental day. We should study this thread and pass the knowledge onto future generations.

STOs How to buy and import a domesticated elephant thread.

Actually, it isn't. That thread made sense almost enough for a business case...
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Maybe not an lol... more of a biggrin for me. :D

But yeah. There's no place for this in the game that wouldn't be abused by griefers. Hence why it'll never happen.

Leave "God Mode" in the Foundry where it belongs.

Bluegeek, this thread must be stickied so that we can research how these wondrously awful ideas come about.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Meh, if someone wants a super easy button then let them have it. But, limit it to solo play. Who cares if they want easy sauce if it isn't on your sammich.

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The first time I read this I thought they were having a joke and had put the post in the wrong part of the forum, then they replied and I found out they were serious!

My mind is still boggled! :eek:
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    I'm sorry... but I'm going to have to say Oh HELL NO!
    Closest you're gonna get to a God Console is actually the 3 piece Vesta set power that makes an invulnerability shield for a few seconds.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    First--yes, it is a serious suggestion. I am certain someone has thought about it, but that person or persons never brought it up in the forum. I do see the potential in abuse, which is why I had brought up the limitations in my previous post. The closest STO has had to such a console was the Elachi one with a 3 minute cool down if I remember correctly. Granted, it was nerfed.

As for speaking for everyone else, I am not. I said, "I don't see..." That was my personal opinion.

Nevertheless, with all of the negative feedback and resistance from this idea, I can see why it would not be as viable as I had thought, but I do think it is something to be considered in the grand scheme of the game.

I will admit that I did LOL with that rhetorical question, "What does God need with a console?"

Anyway, regardless of the suggestion, a little less negativity and a little more objectivity would be helpful in the future, even if the idea seems absurd.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How many times must it be said, don't, being a contraction of do not, feed the trolls.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    First--yes, it is a serious suggestion. I am certain someone has thought about it, but that person or persons never brought it up in the forum. I do see the potential in abuse, which is why I had brought up the limitations in my previous post. The closest STO has had to such a console was the Elachi one with a 3 minute cool down if I remember correctly. Granted, it was nerfed.

As for speaking for everyone else, I am not. I said, "I don't see..." That was my personal opinion.

Nevertheless, with all of the negative feedback and resistance from this idea, I can see why it would not be as viable as I had thought, but I do think it is something to be considered in the grand scheme of the game.

I will admit that I did LOL with that rhetorical question, "What does God need with a console?"

Anyway, regardless of the suggestion, a little less negativity and a little more objectivity would be helpful in the future, even if the idea seems absurd.

Sorry. I did offer a serious suggestion for it to be implemented and not totally broken. But no one wanted to comment. . .

Though I have another idea.

Same console given out by Q. On April 1st only usable on April 1st of every year.
    So no year long abuse, and a day of mirth from the Star Trek Loki.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    arilouskiffarilouskiff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Who would not like to play God in STO? For those of you who have done Foundry projects, you know that you can play (test) in God Mode and blow up ships and kill any NPC in the game. My idea would be something similar. You would have a console that would allow you to kill any 1 NPC or Player every 15 minutes. When it comes to final bosses, the console could allow you to deal up to 1/4 damage. The console could be earned in a special Q Event or be purchased from the C-Store. Just a suggestion. :)

Why would God need a starship?
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I must ask a serious question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLNyb23PG04&feature=youtu.be&t=1m49s
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Who would not like to play God in STO? For those of you who have done Foundry projects, you know that you can play (test) in God Mode and blow up ships and kill any NPC in the game. My idea would be something similar. You would have a console that would allow you to kill any 1 NPC or Player every 15 minutes. When it comes to final bosses, the console could allow you to deal up to 1/4 damage. The console could be earned in a special Q Event or be purchased from the C-Store. Just a suggestion. :)

What does god need with a console?!?!?!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are you drunk, kidding, insane, new, trolling, all of the above or...

Serious? :confused:

I vote for stoned myself have to be to have an idea like THAT!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Wow he went there. We've seen the "Nerf the Rich", "Nerf the Poor", this is too easy, this is to hard and my favorite thread the "I'm taking my tribble and going home" thread. But "God Mode" no one actually asks for it, until now. The world must be coming to an end.

If the devs were to lose their minds and hand these out, the inevitable follow-up nerfing would be a serious issue. If you nerf "God Mode" it wouldn't be "God Mode." At best it would be "Quazze Q Console"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why... Why does a God... need a console?!
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh myyy. . . . LOL
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why would God need a starship?

Nicely done. ;)
  • Options
    rynohawkrynohawk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why does God need.....

Oh never mind. It appears about thirty people beat me to it. ;)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Good grief, what an utterly horrible idea.

Kill it, kill it with fire.

Then kill it again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Sorry. I did offer a serious suggestion for it to be implemented and not totally broken. But no one wanted to comment. . .

Though I have another idea.

Same console given out by Q. On April 1st only usable on April 1st of every year.
    So no year long abuse, and a day of mirth from the Star Trek Loki.

No probs. That does sound interesting. That actually might be doable. You never know.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

STO is God mode, we die for 15 seconds then come back to life.

There is no need to fear death in this game. Dying will not restart your mission, severely damage your ship or cost you any money.

I vote for cryptic to introduce permadeath to the game - once you die then the mission is over for you and you have to restart the mission/ you're out of the pvp match etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    article001article001 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what does God need with a console?
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    article001 wrote: »
    what does God need with a console?

tp pwn the other side? :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Once every forum eon, a thread emerges where the suggestion is so insane, absurd, and ludicrous, that no rational human being agrees with it, yet the OP is entirely serious.

My friends, today is a monumental day. We should study this thread and pass the knowledge onto future generations.

This. Hahahaha....

@OP

I doubt that anyone rational has thought of using much less needing something like a God Console. If you peruse the forums you will see that there are a fair number of threads that have players asking for the game to be made "more difficult", not less. NPCs and even players can be oneshotted even now without such a console.

Besides, someone will cry about it in PvP and it will be nerfed into making sparkly lights, anyway. So I suggest grabbing the fireworks console if you can, and using it instead, that way everyone wins. :D
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I vote for cryptic to introduce permadeath to the game - once you die then the mission is over for you and you have to restart the mission/ you're out of the pvp match etc...

Permadeath is different than what you are thinking. Permadeath is where your character is permanently dead. Few games have an automatic permadeath feature added to the game and it usually requires the player to enforce it by deleting their character. Actually had a roommate that followed this in WoW. Apparently playing a character that died felt like it was tainted according to him. Every time his character died, he created a new character, transferred all his loot from the old character to the new, and deleted his old character. I think his highest character got to the 40s before deleting them.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Good grief, what an utterly horrible idea.

Kill it, kill it with fire.

Then kill it again.

Look at your sig?

OP's idea looks to bring your love of being OP to the highest level. Not saying the idea is good but I'm just saying. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Uhm, excuse me....What does God need with a console?

:cool:

the Q works in mysterious ways. he probably wants to TRIBBLE around with picard again.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Permadeath is different than what you are thinking. Permadeath is where your character is permanently dead. Few games have an automatic permadeath feature added to the game and it usually requires the player to enforce it by deleting their character. Actually had a roommate that followed this in WoW. Apparently playing a character that died felt like it was tainted according to him. Every time his character died, he created a new character, transferred all his loot from the old character to the new, and deleted his old character. I think his highest character got to the 40s before deleting them.

Oh I know what permadeath is, I play a lot of DayZ :P

Kinda just like the sound of it. Still, If your team mates dont revive you in time - no respawning until the match/ mission restarts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!