test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

God Console

velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
Who would not like to play God in STO? For those of you who have done Foundry projects, you know that you can play (test) in God Mode and blow up ships and kill any NPC in the game. My idea would be something similar. You would have a console that would allow you to kill any 1 NPC or Player every 15 minutes. When it comes to final bosses, the console could allow you to deal up to 1/4 damage. The console could be earned in a special Q Event or be purchased from the C-Store. Just a suggestion. :)
18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are you drunk, kidding, insane, new, trolling, all of the above or...

Serious? :confused:
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    Who would not like to play God in STO? For those of you who have done Foundry projects, you know that you can play (test) in God Mode and blow up ships and kill any NPC in the game. My idea would be something similar. You would have a console that would allow you to kill any 1 NPC or Player every 15 minutes. When it comes to final bosses, the console could allow you to deal up to 1/4 damage. The console could be earned in a special Q Event or be purchased from the C-Store. Just a suggestion. :)

Good grief, what an utterly horrible idea.

Kill it, kill it with fire.

Then kill it again.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Because "even easier" is what this game needs? Seriously?

I'm not a big hardcore challenge-monger myself, but I'm gonna say that this reeks of "Far, far, far too derp-mode." Even for this Easy-Button oriented game.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am not sure if you understand the point of the game.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    Ideas like this and the item destruction thing make me so glad that Cryptic, as you all say, "does not listen to players."
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yep, I'm done.

*throws himself out an airlock*
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *feels braincells dying from reading this*

Not. A. Good. Idea.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm speachless...:eek::confused:
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Your god mode is too limited. Any "god" mode would give the player the stats/powers/reality warping of a Q.

At which point you have to grind your levels by "interfering" with "pathetic base creatures" - aka those who don't have the Q mode...

Game grinds to a halt because everyone's complaining that player X griefed them by interfering with the mission(s), while player Y complains that he can't grind without a steady enough infusion of player Xs...

Meanwhile, the pathetic 5.5k DPS guns of my Vesta can kill more than 1 enemy or 1/4 of a boss every 15 minutes. I'll stick with those, TYVM... :P
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    With all the new nerfs and power buffs coming out, why not just give the players a console to make them feel good. The max times it could be used in PvP is 5, unless you have two great teams or two pathetic teams. It does take up a console slot. The only place I could see this being abused is at Ker'rat or N'Vak where Fed or KDF players gang up on a player. The console could provide a God Console resistance like some of the beam procs do so that you can only be killed by the console once per X amount of seconds or minutes.

The main idea is to bring some fun and diversity with the console. You know people would pay Zen for it. In any case, it was something I thought about since the game is changing. Just wanted some feedback or other suggestions on how to make this viable for players.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Ideas like this and the item destruction thing make me so glad that Cryptic, as you all say, "does not listen to players."

At first I felt insulted about that - and then I remember crazy s**t like this and realise they are probably right.

OP - even T1 and T2 ships can complete all PvE content in STO. A total "I win" button is just insulting yourself to even suggest it. If you do feel like you need this, we can help you improve.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With all the new nerfs and power buffs coming out, why not just give the players a console to make them feel good. The max times it could be used in PvP is 5, unless you have two great teams or two pathetic teams. It does take up a console slot. The only place I could see this being abused is at Ker'rat or N'Vak where Fed or KDF players gang up on a player. The console could provide a God Console resistance like some of the beam procs do so that you can only be killed by the console once per X amount of seconds or minutes.

The main idea is to bring some fun and diversity with the console. You know people would pay Zen for it. In any case, it was something I thought about since the game is changing. Just wanted some feedback or other suggestions on how to make this viable for players.

There is no justification for anything like this..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyone still wonder why the devs don't listen to the community?
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Okay look man, repetitiveepic has the insane and/or braindead threads covered. We don't need more. :)
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I must game master too much in rpgs because the first thing I started on was how to make this work.

Q-console: Obtainable during Q winter event in place of starship. One shot Console. (Uses a console slot then is gone.) Limit one per player. Make one unprotected enemy removed from map with Q-effect. (IE can't hit transformers with generators going.)

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2014

If we did get a console like this you wouldn't notice a difference, being that the NPCs are too easy to kill as it is.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can allready kill a negh in cse with in 15 sec on my romm why would i support this dumb idea game gotten to easy as it is
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just wow, I mean really wow!
    voporak wrote: »
    Are you drunk, kidding, insane, new, trolling, all of the above or...

Serious? :confused:
    rinkster wrote: »
    Good grief, what an utterly horrible idea.

Kill it, kill it with fire.

Then kill it again.
    Because "even easier" is what this game needs? Seriously?

I'm not a big hardcore challenge-monger myself, but I'm gonna say that this reeks of "Far, far, far too derp-mode." Even for this Easy-Button oriented game.
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I am not sure if you understand the point of the game.
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    hypl wrote: »

Yep, I'm done.

*throws himself out an airlock*
    valenn1 wrote: »
    *feels braincells dying from reading this*

Not. A. Good. Idea.
    mjarbar wrote: »
    I'm speachless...:eek::confused:
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    There is no justification for anything like this..
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Anyone still wonder why the devs don't listen to the community?
    Okay look man, repetitiveepic has the insane and/or braindead threads covered. We don't need more. :)

I think the above says all there needs to be said.

I call upon the powers that be to make this a sticky thread, a gem like this should never be lost...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I thought I had seen all the bad ideas...

Here I am... A little wiser.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I don't see this idea as being a bad one for STO or its players. There is always going to be nerfs and power creeps. Why not have the one console everyone wants available with specific restrictions?
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Uhm, excuse me....What does God need with a console?

:cool:
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And I taught nerfing Hive Onslaught for casual players was the worst thing that could happen. Ive been proven to be wrong too many times on this game :/

For one instance, I like that devs don't listen to players on some matters...
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    rearllrearll Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To quote Kirk and Sybok:

"What does God need with a Starship?"
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't see this idea as being a bad one for STO or its players. There is always going to be nerfs and power creeps. Why not have the one console everyone wants available with specific restrictions?

Rule #1 on the forums (Community edition): Don't ever... NEVER assume that you speak for "everyone"... EVER.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Your age is showing...8-10 I'm guessing
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Someone has had too much Romulan Ale.
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Once every forum eon, a thread emerges where the suggestion is so insane, absurd, and ludicrous, that no rational human being agrees with it, yet the OP is entirely serious.

My friends, today is a monumental day. We should study this thread and pass the knowledge onto future generations.
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Once every forum eon, a thread emerges where the suggestion is so insane, absurd, and ludicrous, that no rational human being agrees with it, yet the OP is entirely serious.

My friends, today is a monumental day. We should study this thread and pass the knowledge onto future generations.

I think its trying to communicate!?
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I genuinely lol'd

/win thread
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited August 2014

To play Farmville STO, of course.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles