test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Say something positive about season 9 and 9.5 (post release)

Comments

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    I have something:

It's over. Season 9.5 is live, we can get to the next thing now. Can only get better.
    It can only get better, can't it? Yes? YES?

You really don't wanna know. And neither do I.

They have already removed a lot of content. Yes, most of it was of questionable quality, but still enjoyed by some.
    They have changed for much worse systems that were working fine or at least working.

Those are very unfortunate precedents. Very notable ones coming in 9.5.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lets see, something good....somethiiinngg....gooodd.......ummm other than the new uniform I got nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    It can only get better ... on second thought, I got nothing!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    spacerasta1spacerasta1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Extra inventory space

New uniforms

New cluster set up, no more sending ship to x and when you pass a cluster officer asking if you want to warp in.

Featured Story line and having Tuvoc to work with.
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    The only positive I see on 9.5. The KDF truly needed some new options.

Now if only the KDF could get some decent hair options. Have the devs ever explained why they made the main Klingon hairstyles dreadlocks? At what point in any Star Trek series or other media were the Klingons ever portrayed as Space Rastafarians?
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I got, effectively, three free bank rows from getting all that crafting stuff moved to its own inventory.

I also got a bunch of new uniform options for playing space barbie.

And even though I think they really botched the crafting revamp, I'm going to slowly level it up just to have something to do.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Aye, free bank space. TR-116B rifle. Can't really whinge that they released a slightly buffed TR-116.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm still alive.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    [REDACTED]. :rolleyes:

I thought that was coming out with season 10?

The hope of making a USS Aquaman is still alive amirite?

With captain Topo and First Officer Vulko!

Anyways, I still maintain that season 9.5 reduced my patching times quite efficiently, as the game no longer takes up space on my hard drive.

Wildstar's been fun.

Rift took some getting used to again. I still don't understand the story of Rift one bit. But the sparklies look so pretty when I mash the buttons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    Good things (no sarcasm intended).

1.) Free Stuff: Bank spaces, R&D doffs
    2.) R&D that makes sense. It will kick start a new economy.
    3.) Additional Dilithium and added benefits for STF's
    4.) New costumes
    5.) New [procs] - this will create an entirely new market for generating EC.
    6.) Adjusting EC value.
    7.) Remastered Klingon and Borg episodes
    8.) My Bikini wearing klingon. Running ground STF's in a red bikini is amazing.
    9.) New Featured Episode

10.) Removing the cluster exploration.

Never liked cluster exploration. The exploration was either kill new people, or find artifacts which ultimately had no value. But I understand why Cryptic removed them. They're a source of crafting materials that can easily be farmed.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But I understand why Cryptic removed them. They're a source of crafting materials that can easily be farmed.

According to Cryptic that is not why they were removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, the very rare mats were unobtainable there anyways. I've actually never seen a resource node that had better than green at all. it's mostly commons. Commons can be easily obtained elsewhere.

Besides you can still particle scan in story missions(some of which are really short and easy)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014

That's why it's exactly the reason why they were removed. The secondary one being to save space required for the genesis system.

You truly could farm materials there without ever switching from the main cluster map. Efficient, farmable. Sadly doffing suffered a blow because of crafting there (actually, two blows, the UI also only came because of crafting).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Now if only the KDF could get some decent hair options. Have the devs ever explained why they made the main Klingon hairstyles dreadlocks? At what point in any Star Trek series or other media were the Klingons ever portrayed as Space Rastafarians?

My KDF toon only smokes Ferasan Nepeta Leaves ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's why it's exactly the reason why they were removed. The secondary one being to save space required for the genesis system.

You truly could farm materials there without ever switching from the main cluster map. Efficient, farmable. Sadly doffing suffered a blow because of crafting there (actually, two blows, the UI also only came because of crafting).

Its not. The main reason was "it was too difficult for newbies to not get lost in the star cluster maps".

THAT was the main reason they removed star clusters. At least, that is what they said in the first place. Why do you think people was so upset?? lol. Because it was no sense at all. Of course, it is a stupid excuse, but that is what they said in the first place.
  • Options
    bbushwookiebbushwookie Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2014

that's why they added materiel drops to the estfs and other places isn't it? I used the clusters for the explore missions and dilithium. Every time i went in one daily, there were 0-3 ships sitting still doing doff stuff, or afk. The two main reasons people used them was the doff missions and diltih runs. so they allow you to still do the doff missions, and are offering dilith in other places.

Can you imagine if they were still up with the new R&D system? the clusters would look like Easter egg hunts with people racing from anomaly to anomaly, then complaining because that system isn't working.
    Its not. The main reason was "it was too difficult for newbies to not get lost in the star cluster maps".

THAT was the main reason they removed star clusters. At least, that is what they said in the first place. Why do you thing people was so upset?? lol. Because it was no sense at all. Of course, it is a stupid excuse, but that is what they said in the first place.

Yeah...it was because "newbies" were getting lost in the huge box of space anomalies....:rolleyes:
    Space chatter is soothing~
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My KDF toon only smokes Ferasan Nepeta Leaves ;)

Y u no share!? Puff puff pass!
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    So let's hear it, what do you love about Season 9 and 9.5?
    How did it improve STO and what would you have done different?

What can we learn from it?

(I'm deliberately not telling my opinion, because i don't want to put the tread into the wrong direction.)

Thanks in advance for your answers!

:: Link ::

Something Good About Season 9 and 9.5!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Season 9 was pretty good. While I find the Undine stuff pretty underwhelming in general, the new FE was great, we got the gorgeous ESD revamp (a hub that sorely needed an update).

9.5 finally standardized the Starfleet uniform and unlocked it for all players. Dilithium rewards have been added to content that probably should have had them from the get-go. The new crafting system, while the time investment might be pretty long, is much more engaging than the old system. Basically after this update, it feels like playing all the content I play anyway is getting me more.

What would I have done differently? Better PR. 9.5 was a great update that improved several parts of the game, but you'd never know it reading these forums.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Season 9 was pretty good.

No, it wasnt for many many reasons a lot of players posted back in the days. This is just a personal opinion. Same like yours. The ESD revamp was stupid and unnecessary (again) and it is so laggy that its even ridiculous. A lot of players like it, a lot of players dont. And i must say, since the new ESD revamp, i try to avoid going to the ESD everytime i can. It doesnt even look like a space station anymore, its just ridiculous.

I dont care about dilithium rewards being added to content, because i never had problems to fill my daily dil cap with ease. And only newbs will find this addition really interesting. Of course the new crafting system is better than the old one, but needing almost a year to level a single school wipes away all the good things this new system have. Its another huge grind, but i guess you love to grind, that is what you saying.. lol.

The only good things about S9 for me was, the FE, and the revamped borg missions. Thats all. From S 9.5, the new uniforms. Thats all.

Oh wait, and i forgot the great undine battlezone from season 9, lol. The first time cryptic make a stupid massive unplayable zone and they dont even bother to fix. And that was included in season 9. And from season 9, we have a massive bug of invisible weapons as well. Season 9 was not so bad?? nah, it was perfect.. lol.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Season 9 was pretty good. While I find the Undine stuff pretty underwhelming in general, the new FE was great, we got the gorgeous ESD revamp (a hub that sorely needed an update).

9.5 finally standardized the Starfleet uniform and unlocked it for all players. Dilithium rewards have been added to content that probably should have had them from the get-go. The new crafting system, while the time investment might be pretty long, is much more engaging than the old system. Basically after this update, it feels like playing all the content I play anyway is getting me more.

What would I have done differently? Better PR. 9.5 was a great update that improved several parts of the game, but you'd never know it reading these forums.

You would not know by reading the forums because they did such an excellent job fubarring several other aspects of the game . . . Doffing should have been left alone
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I dont care about dilithium rewards being added to content, because i never had problems to fill my daily dil cap with ease. And only newbs will find this addition really interesting. Of course the new crafting system is better than the old one, but needing almost a year to level a single school wipes away all the good things this new system have. Its another huge grind, but i guess you love to grind, that is what you saying.. lol

Soooo not having to grind for more dilithium, by having it added is only interesting to "newbs", yet your crying about the R&D being "another huge grind"?

It doesnt even look like a space station anymore, its just ridiculous.

Yeah, doesn't look like ANY of the space stations i have personally been to.....

Not to mention the interior doesn't look at all like it did when they showed it all those times in any of the series or movies....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Soooo not having to grind for more dilithium...

Folks DOFF 1-3 times a day and hit their Dil caps...it's um...not a grind.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Soooo not having to grind for more dilithium, by having it added is only interesting to "newbs", yet your crying about the R&D being "another huge grind"?

Erm... dude, if you want me to say it, i will. I "grind" dilithium the same now than before. Adding more dilithium to some missions didnt get me out of my daily 30 minutes grindy. Crying about the new R&D being another huge grind?? dude, are you the only one in the forums that thinks it is NOT a huge grind?? wake up, seriously.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Erm... dude, if you want me to say it, i will. I "grind" dilithium the same now than before. Adding more dilithium to some missions didnt get me out of my daily 30 minutes grindy. Crying about the new R&D being another huge grind?? dude, are you the only one in the forums that thinks it is NOT a huge grind?? wake up, seriously.

It may be a long term goal, but if you cant get 365 common mats in a few days.....theres a problem. "grind" implies you need many resources, when in fact you need about 3.65 mil ec or a couple days work to get the mats. you can do one PvE queue per week for the mats you need.........that is not a grind
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It may be a long term goal, but if you cant get 365 common mats in a few days.....theres a problem. "grind" implies you need many resources, when in fact you need about 3.65 mil ec or a couple days work to get the mats. you can do one PvE queue per week for the mats you need.........that is not a grind

"Grind" is just another buzz term for something people don't like. Doesn't matter how much effort's involved anymore -- if they don't like doing it, it's a grind.

As for dilithium, great you can hit your cap without it. So can I. Don't you understand that variety is good? That you don't have to do the same things every day if you don't want to? Don't underestimate how important a change this is to some people. You want to talk about grinds, running the same three pieces of content for dilithium because they're the only ones with worthwhile rewards, that's a grind.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

nothing to "wake up" to...dude. Your post are full of complaints about anything and everything on this game. You flame people that state things they like and use "newb" to degrade things other people like on the forums. If you hate everything in the game so much, perhaps you should "wake up" and stop playing it for awhile.

As far as the R&D, It has been almost a week, i have not hit the huge grind part yet, have you?. It may be changed. No need to doom and gloom on something you have not had to face yet.

As far as your grinding whining, no...i don't mind. i play this game because i love Star Trek. I like doing different things in the game. I take different ships into different "grinds". I'm not just playing it to hurry up and grind things out.

"Grind" is just another buzz term for something people don't like. Doesn't matter how much effort's involved anymore -- if they don't like doing it, it's a grind..

As for dilithium, great you can hit your cap without it. So can I. Don't you understand that variety is good? That you don't have to do the same things every day if you don't want to? Don't underestimate how important a change this is to some people. You want to talk about grinds, running the same three pieces of content for dilithium because they're the only ones with worthwhile rewards, that's a grind.

Yep. I think they think that the small number of players that actually post on the forums represent the majority. Separate the constant complainers, from people posting constructive things, that number shrinks more.
  • Options
    sergiorozshenkosergiorozshenko Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like the new crafting system and the new doff mission system. I didn't like flying all over the quadrant just to get to memory alpha to then run all over the place to craft lousy gear. I'll do way more crafting now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh well, unfortunately STO is maybe the only game where i write more complains than anything else. There must be a reason for it. You know that being condescendent all the time about cryptic is destroying this game, right??

You will never understand that adding a little more dilithium to the adventure zones is not a big deal, not even worthy to consider. Seeing how many fails this game is transmitting to players day after day, you think an increased reward on dilithium will make veteran players happier?? or more willing to play more?? or dont you think they will see it as another tiny tactic from cryptic to just get some newbies more comfortable with the game, forgetting everything else??. When you are a newbie, for unknown reasons you will be trying to get as much dilithium you can get. Cryptic knows that. Its happening since the beginning. One of the main goals of cryptic is to lure and keep more new players, since the very beginning. Because when people is new to this game, and they dont know a lot of things, they will charge zen more often. Cryptic is trying to maximize that. But you people, are blind, apparently.

Variety?? i dont think you know what that word means..