test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Say something positive about season 9 and 9.5 (post release)

Comments

• Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love the uniforms.

I like the new inventory space. I play a lot more Elder Scrolls Online nowadays then I play STO, and since ESO has a horrible inventory system (ONE bank for your entire account!), STO's solution feels almost luxury.

Loved the latest FE.

Also loved the remastered FED missions.

Xindi ships are okay. Especially when compared to the unholy Undine box.

That said, without going into the details about the negative side, let me say... nothing of the above can color over just a fraction of the bad stuff introduced with 9.5.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Due to seasons 7-9 and the continuous facerolling boring TRIBBLE grind, I lost my mind and did bad things that ruined some good friendships. We all go a little mad sometimes...

I'm going to list the positives and the negatives of season 9.

Positive.
    + KDF Greatcoats.
    + Modular Kits.
    + Uniform standardization.
    + Rep System simplified.
    + Rep power limits (some balance).
    + Inventory space ie: R&D mats.
    + Queue whistle.

Negative.
    - Lately Featured Episodes have been Single Player Only (I thought this was a MMORPG?)
    - Boring new mission content/ plots/ story arcs.
    - KDF/ Fed War ended before we could even have a proper war.
    - Mixed PvP queues.
    - Still no Secondary Deflectors.
    - New Rep Grind.
    - Trait respecs for free (No need to run alt toons now = Waste of money on extra character slots).
    - No PvP matchmaking.
    - No PvP leadership boards.
    - No new PvP maps.
    - Romulan playable faction still exists.
    - DOff UI designed to slow us down. (Deleted 4 alt characters because I couldn't be bothered having to painfully doff with them any more).

Indifferent.
    +/- New crafting system is awesome but way too grindy...

Seriously, nothing has been fun since Season 5: Call to Arms... :/

I'll shut up now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    - Romulan playable faction still exists.

I'll shut up now.

I just was to agree, when that popped up.
    So yeah, you may shut up now. :P
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    I just was to agree, when that popped up.
    So yeah, you may shut up now. :P

I had to slide a joke in there ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    So let's hear it, what do you love about Season 9 and 9.5?
    How did it improve STO and what would you have done different?

What can we learn from it?

S9 and 9.5 made me come for the first time here! (But to complain, before I noticed there are no dev around.)
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    S9

-Surface Tension was fun.
    -Undine Infiltration is in my opinion, a step in the right direction. A little less pew pew, and a little more Star Trek. I like it.
    -The shuttle event (was this after S9 launch? I forget), was fun and rewarding.
    -Risa event was fun, if expensive, grind.
    -Boosting rewards on New Romulus was good.

S9.5

-New uniforms are nice.
    -PDF guide that the dev put together was amazing, but not entirely sure if that was "officially" part of S9.5, or if that was done on his own time.
    -I give half points for adding dilithium rewards to New Romulus, Nukara, and Defera - in my view, this only makes up for the reward for "Strange New Worlds", not the spirit of it.
    -Doff UI not as bad as I feared. This is not a positive per se, but with very little content in this release, a "not negative" seems like a positive.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I enjoy the new Featured Episode, battlezones, costumes, the RISA summer events, and the revamps. I am leisurely going through the new Crafting system while still contributing to my fleet as well as spending time with my 8 captains.

Nothing much about Season 9 and 9.5 has upset me. Although I have to relearn and adjust to the changes, I generally feel that the game is being refined and improved.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The uniform standardisation is really cool and Thomas did a great job on that.
    The new uniforms that have come with it are pretty awesome as well.
    The additional inventory space was much needed, and much appreciated (a separate pet space like other mmos incl. pwe mmos would still be good)
    FE was awesome.
    I enjoyed Risa (though I think the prices were a bit high for the boards)
    I know this splits opinion, but I really like ESD, I think it looks like the modern, high tech facility its meant to be.
    Another opinion splitter, the rep and trait changes. I think the trait changes were great and the rep changes much needed for the long term.

No comment on 9.5. Though, it looks like improvements are already being made from today's patch notes.

How much cryptic did pay you? :D
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Seriously, nothing has been fun since Season 5: Call to Arms... :/

This I can agree on. S5 ROCKED.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    hangukohanguko Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In one word, R&D.

To elaborate :

Previous R&D was too confusing, too troublesome and too much Dil for crafting. As such, i didn't touch that aspect of the game. This has now changed. I'm curious about crafting in STO for the first time. I started to use the system. Its simple, does not seem to be excessive in use of Dil, or needlessly complicated. The new R&D system, made crafting worthwhile, and i now participate in this aspect of STO game play.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    was the space battle zone 9 or 8.5? the new FEs.. even though I want to break off Tovan's leg so I can beat Cooper with it.

oh, and I like my Bikini, thanks

other than that.. got nothing. the more i think about R&D the more I'm becoming convinced that it's a money grab and that's all it is. either that or Cryptic wants casual players to quit playing
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Unlike most I like the new doff u.i I have no issue's with it very easy to read and very simple to use you just need to pay attention when setting up assighnments it really has cut my doff time down to half the time it use to take.

New crafting system is better then the old but I feel its a slap in the face to vet players like myself who maxed their crafting skill out.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Positive: Xindi carrier has managed to amuse me, for the moment.

What Did We Learn: When craptic hands you a terrible crafting system never underestimate there ability to **** it up even more.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Season 9. I liked the kit revamp and the FE.

Season 9.5 The new uniform is nice and all.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    -Doffing is a HELL of a lot easier now (just compare how long it takes to slot the KDF prisoner transfer assignments now and how long it took prior to 9.5. That's the most extreme example, but the point can be made for every assignment except the gamma quadrant officer exchanges. There might be ONE extra click to get into SOME parts of the UI, but by in large this is a massive improvement over the old system. Why are the forums in such a tizzy then? It's a forum. These aren't happy people by nature.)

-The new FED uniforms are fantastic, and even the KDF has some good new content that replaces the biggest eye sores in their wardrobe.

-The star cluster doff assignments are a lot more accessible now (subtract one loading screen for each and multiply that time out for each one in your run.) Sure, that comes at the cost of "exploration", but loosing that barely played nothing of a content pack is more or less compensated for just by more convenient cluster doff contacts.

-There are more people in more PVE's. Search times for ground borg especially have been massively improved.

-Research XP assignments are nice.

-The new scanning points in FE's are well implemented. In particular they seem a lot less arbitrary and the labels do help quite a bit.

-Dilithium rewards at Nukara and Defera makes those maps somewhat desirable to play now.

-The xindi lock box. 'Nuff said.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The KDF 200 day veteran longcoat. That's about it. The rest is a trainwreck.

Like the fellow palyer here said:
    A sad state affairs when the best thing you can say about a season is a clothing option.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    The KDF 200 day veteran longcoat. That's about it. The rest is a trainwreck.

Like the fellow palyer here said:

Oh yeah I forgot to add that to my list :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The new crafting system will give my lower level alts good gear.

I enjoy seeing Tuvok in the game voice by Tim Russ.

I can now quickly get through sectors without having to say I don't want to go into exploration zones.

The placeholders are pretty and make that creepy "Borg" music.

I really enjoyed the ESD battle\story.

I like that they expanded Captain Shon's role a bit more.

I like the new ESD. It's much easier to get to what I need and looks very nice.

I like that I now have to think of new ways to earn EC. It provides a new challenge and will force me to learn how to "play" the exchange.

New Risa doffs are very useful.

Now that they made some tweaks to the doff UI it will be as good as the old imo.

Maybe I'll think of more later.

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The little known fact that everyone always seems to forget when something they don't like comes along.

It's optional.

EDIT: You know what? The number of times I've said this now means it's officially time to make a signature out of it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    The little known fact that everyone always seems to forget when something they don't like comes along.

It's optional.

EDIT: You know what? The number of times I've said this now means it's officially time to make a signature out of it.
    *points at sig* This is the same reason I put the line in mine.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Fleet Alert amended so that it drops a Fleet Mark reward box at the conclusion of the instance. FANTASTIC! ... Genuinely can't thank the Dev's enough for that one!
    Oooo, I actually learned something by reading this thread. That is a very good change. Doesn't affect me much personally as I almost never play the queued content due to severe and constant spousal aggro, but hey, its a good thing for everyone else.

I was pleasantly surprised by the new Doff UI - from what little I'd read I thought it was going to be an utter disaster, but I should know better by now than to put much stock in the kneejerk reactions on internet forums. ;) (Note that I'm diplomatically avoiding mentioning "sorting" since that is supposed to be "fixed" now.)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Something nice about 9.5

It'll give me more time to hang out with friends outside the game.
    Because I won't be logging on.
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    separate crafting inventory. crafting system is better than old one. well ok i will start crafting next year...
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It actually loads this time...
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Best things for me:
    The new mirror ships specifically the BoP and the Fedscort
    The Xindi carrier although I'll probably never be able to get it, still a rad ship with great looking frigates
    Giving Al Rivera another chance to prove how much of an arrogant troll he is and ever more clear how much disdain he has for the people that pay his bills.
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I liked to get chance to play with my feddy bear friends when acetons came, ACETONS! AWESOME! That however means that I just lost 5 Billion EC since I used to main KDF, and the last reason to keep playing KDF, was acetons, newertheless I'm happy I can troll the KDF(hobos) and NWS with the overpowered console.

I like idea of trying to make torpedoes viable with the 10% bleedthru. I just don't think we needed more hull damage, instead 10% more damage to shields would have been nicer. (From 20% to 30% for example.

I like idea of getting free 20% shield capacity for my science ship. I can now absorb more damage with my feedbackpulse and I am less likely to be alphaed to death. If I were that far in the crafting that is...

More crit chance with my partigen skills? Check. Tho will bring more people to sci ships... I don't like the idea of seeing my builds in the arena... I still believe I were the original orb weaver, as I started it from early season 6. Bye bye? Bops don't count!

Anything else? I fear I have ran out of compliments.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    edited July 2014

It's optional.

Right. Well, we are filled with "optional" things to do. Eventually, we are going to just avoid playing, since all the stuff available in the game will be crappy bad "optional" stuff to do. :D
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Most positive thing for me of Season 9.5 was the introduction of the uniform code... not R&D, nothing else. Oh...and the Aquatic ship looks nice.

I'd say Season 9.5 award goes to the Art Department.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Right. Well, we are filled with "optional" things to do. Eventually, we are going to just avoid playing, since all the stuff available in the game will be crappy bad "optional" stuff to do. :D

Exactly friend!

If there is nothing you don't enjoy doing, you stop playing. Then maybe Cryptic will do something about it, maybe the majority will carry on playing regardless. Who knows?

The simple plans are often the best ones ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Exactly friend!

If there is nothing you don't enjoy doing, you stop playing. Then maybe Cryptic will do something about it, maybe the majority will carry on playing regardless. Who knows?

The simple plans are often the best ones ;)

The problem is, by the time i will stop playing, i dont want to know anything more about one single cryptic game.. lol. I will probably done with em. So, no i dont think its a good plan. Because after so many years, people who will stop playing are not going to "wait" again to return to the same game.. lol. Im sure they will find another one better.