test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev interview on STOKED RADIO today

cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
Stoked radio is hosting an interview DEV. Al “Geko” Rivera today, you can view it at www.stokedradio.net or listen to it on www.trekradio.net the show will start at 11AM PST/ 7PM GMT.
CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
Post edited by cers001 on

Comments

• Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why stoked when we have such a nice forum right here?
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cause Al asked to come on the show and not the other way around
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • Options
    paperclipriderpapercliprider Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rezking wrote: »

Because we would rip him to pieces if he comes here. I don't like what es did to STO but he's not completley insane.
    So you're a native speaker and I'm not. So what?:P
  • Options
    jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cers001 wrote: »
    cause Al asked to come on the show and not the other way around

LOL. I remember when podcasts had to beg to get Cryptic Devs on their shows. I guess Al is so desperate to convice the players his lizard p**p don't stink. That his is banging on old STOked's door.
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rezking wrote: »

You're welcome to join the IRC chat channel during the show .
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But will he only answer the very easy questions and not the ones people really want to know answers to
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Al would get a verbal smack down if he came here. He would actually be challenged on his lunacy and ego trip decision making process. So he would rather go to podcasts where they ask simple questions!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    But will he only answer the very easy questions and not the ones people really want to know answers to
    Isn't that a given? He can't go into much detail at all for what isn't set in stone, becauyse if plans change, many players will out him for lying, even he says "this is our plan now, but it might not be come time for it to release".

Hell, it's probably even company policy. Smirk said it's the reason he can't say anything more than they give the greenlight for him to say either.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Al would get a verbal smack down if he came here. He would actually be challenged on his lunacy and ego trip decision making process. So he would rather go to podcasts where they ask simple questions!

I love how completely deluded you are. I mean you're deranged enough to take the changes to Cryptic's game you don't like personally, and project actual malice and poor character on the Development team.

Don't get me wrong, there are several changes with 9.5 I don't like (and many I do like), but you seriously just need to go out and get some fresh air. You're kind of toxic to discussion here.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    I love how completely deluded you are. I mean you're deranged enough to take the changes to Cryptic's game you don't like personally, and project actual malice and poor character on the Development team.

Don't get me wrong, there are several changes with 9.5 I don't like (and many I do like), but you seriously just need to go out and get some fresh air. You're kind of toxic to discussion here.

Well said, its the creepiness and delusional rage against the devs of some posters, I won't name names or anything, that drove me away. If you don't like the game, don't play it, but I wish people wouldn't fill the forums with so much spite and bile towards the devs. Don't get me wrong it fine to voice your displeasure with something, but keep it in prepective, and keep it respectful. And remember its just a game, earth is not at stake and if you all obsessive complusive about aquiring everything in game its not the devs fault.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have watched a lot of STOed to find they dont ask the harder questions n if they did craptic would stop allowing its devs to go on. Some sites go as far as ignoring pkayer views to push the devs. Bloody kiss TRIBBLE people they seams to be more every year.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    You're welcome to join the IRC chat channel during the show .

I doubt he would answer any hard questions, beyond "we will consider your feedback...".
    We require someone with authority on this forum...now...so we can find a solution to a recent issue.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It seems the new Doff UI is a 95% win compared to the old Doff UI according to Geko and they do read the "ranting" on the forums
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    It seems the new Doff UI is a 95% win compared to the old Doff UI according to Geko and they do read the "ranting" on the forums

he also thought that dinosaurs with laz0rz was a good idea, so his thinking process is obviously flawed.

also you have forums why don't you use them cryptic????????????????????????
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is actually pretty funny to listen to.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    This is actually pretty funny to listen to.

Yep, I like one of his current comments which basically boils down to:

"Copy and Paste in MS Excel is hard.":eek:
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not knowing where to go for crafting. "You wanted exploration. There is your exploration!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,525 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    macronius wrote: »

So very true!

Yep, I like one of his current comments which basically boils down to:

"Copy and Paste in MS Excel is hard.":eek:

Maybe he's getting carpel-tunnel syndrone. :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Not knowing where to go for crafting. "You wanted exploration. There is your exploration!"

...And that was the one comment that stood out above the rest.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And he expects 'mad props' for giving players 'free space' to hold all the new crafting materials.

Lol. When you add a ton of new essentially worthless items items that are only there to increase the grind/farm time required to the new/improved crafting system; if you didn't do that - no one would really use the new crafting system. of course I'm sure Al needed to be talked into that by an STO Dev that understands actual game design BETTER then Mr. Al Rivera; (which is probably anyone else on Cryptic's Dev staff at this point.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    so no additional ships until the next code branch is live then
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    paperclipriderpapercliprider Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My apologies, I've been enlightend by Mav from stokedradio and Mr. Rivera himself.

The whole game is just making money with people staying a few weeks and spend their ten bucks and then leave. That explains all the "make ist easy for the newbies"-stuff. Looks like many of us are here too long.

Mr. Rivera called all the critics in this forum about 9.5 "ranting" and couldn't find solid info. Okay, so let's stop sending feedback.
    So you're a native speaker and I'm not. So what?:P
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My apologies, I've been enlightend by Mav from stokedradio and Mr. Rivera himself.

The whole game is just making money with people staying a few weeks and spend their ten bucks and then leave. That explains all the "make ist easy for the newbies"-stuff. Looks like many of us are here too long.

Mr. Rivera called all the critics in this forum about 9.5 "ranting" and couldn't find solid info. Okay, so let's stop sending feedback.

good post.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *adjusts tinfoil hat*

Lots of ships for the next expansion?

T6 ships confirmed. :P
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Thats really unfair, that bat seems to be too dangerous.

I have too much respect for STOked to compare it to giving him a wiffle ball bat for their questions.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thank you, STOked team, for conducting the podcast. That's about all I can say that's positive. The interview featured too many personal opinions/comments from the host to make this an objective interview. The host is not an employee of Cryptic/PWE, yet endeavored to speak to various subjects as though he were.

My biggest takeaway from this interview: CaptainGeko (Al Rivera) had some fantastic reasons for not addressing the DOff UI issues, as specific questions weren't being asked on the podcast.

It's understandable that STOked isn't going to read the STO forum posts on the air. STOked already solicited questions to be asked; I don't have any issue with that.

But it was incredulous to hear CaptainGeko's thoughts about the feedback on DOff UI complaints (among others).

Cryptic SOLICITED for feedback within their official STO forum on the DOff UI, Crafting, etc.

And SPECIFIC FEEDBACK was submitted freely by numerous players (aka testers)(aka customers).

SPECIFIC FEEDBACK, Mr. Rivera.

Maybe you and your team were handed a PRD and told, "here's the issue, come up with a solution." And in good (and typical) engineering fashion, the Dev team did. However, the product manager was inept in managing the end result -- and the beta test PROVED that.

Cryptic got SPECIFIC FEEDBACK. The feedback went largely ignored -- and a majority of players (aka customers) are not happy with the end result. Not based on "it sucks" comments, but substantial SPECIFIC FEEDBACK about the playability, usability and functionality of these new Season 9.5 additions.

'Nuff said.