Install Arc
Options

New Aegis Set in 9.5

Comments

• Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @shadowfang240

The doff, in my understanding, allows you to craft the set without requiring you to have level 15 in 3 different schools the material costs are still there
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @shadowfang240

The doff, in my understanding, allows you to craft the set without requiring you to have level 15 in 3 different schools the material costs are still there
    yeah, that's just it...it still shows as requiring level 15 to craft, even though i have the doff
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited July 2014
    my aegis set is still leveless...

and i dotn see where the option is to craft a new set.. wtf?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Aegis sets equipped on ships, in Inventory, and in your personal bank were automatically updated. Ones in the Shared Account Bank were not updated. If you took it out it auto uodated; then you could place it right back into the Shared Account Bank and it is good as new.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    Aegis sets equipped on ships, in Inventory, and in your personal bank were automatically updated. Ones in the Shared Account Bank were not updated. If you took it out it auto uodated; then you could place it right back into the Shared Account Bank and it is good as new.

I beg to differ as my personal Bank still has a character bind on Equip Aegis set with old stats. Tried moving it to normal inventory and zoning but it hasnt updated.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I beg to differ as my personal Bank still has a character bind on Equip Aegis set with old stats. Tried moving it to normal inventory and zoning but it hasnt updated.

Same here.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same for me, and where is my doff for completing the old system by the way.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    seannewboy wrote: »
    Same for me, and where is my doff for completing the old system by the way.
    in the same box all the starter r&d white doffs came in if you didn't have room in your roster...so if you discarded it without opening it, the doff is gone forever
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    only doff i got was a ferengi shield doff, but that one does NOT allow me to craft the aegis .. i got the title R&D Genius and some other stuff... aswell as the shield doff. but no matter what i do i cannot craft the aegis set and it still is showing leveless when being watched at in the info screen
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    only doff i got was a ferengi shield doff, but that one does NOT allow me to craft the aegis .. i got the title R&D Genius and some other stuff... aswell as the shield doff. but no matter what i do i cannot craft the aegis set and it still is showing leveless when being watched at in the info screen

You get a bunch of white holo doffs as well... if you didn't look in your inv you likely have a box because you didn't have room in your boff roster.

The aegis doesn't show if you have no XP... click the show all in the top right. It will show you the new stuff and aegis stuff. They are not intended to be crafted with no xp so by default Cryptic doesn't show them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, like many others, my Aegis sets (checked my alts, no joy with them) did not level up and remain as the old versions.

I went in to the new R&D system too look at this free craft Aegis sets... ticked the box for higher level stuff to show and my Aegis items have HUGE lists of requirements to craft with a great big "Skill too low" warning.

/sigh :mad:

Back to the other games I've been playing recently until this is fixed.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You get a bunch of white holo doffs as well... if you didn't look in your inv you likely have a box because you didn't have room in your boff roster.

The aegis doesn't show if you have no XP... click the show all in the top right. It will show you the new stuff and aegis stuff. They are not intended to be crafted with no xp so by default Cryptic doesn't show them.

it is the RARE R&D AEGIS Doff i got but it is just an space doff for shielding... it even says he is the besaid AEGIS doff it just desnt work.. i SEE the aegis in my R&D tab.. its just not craftable.. even if i have all materials... i even have selected the specific AEGIS Doff to work it on.. i just cannot click the start button is no matter what it is greyed out.

had the same problem on tribble... posted it there.... but well... -.-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it is the RARE R&D AEGIS Doff i got but it is just an space doff for shielding... it even says he is the besaid AEGIS doff it just desnt work.. i SEE the aegis in my R&D tab.. its just not craftable.. even if i have all materials... i even have selected the specific AEGIS Doff to work it on.. i just cannot click the start button is no matter what it is greyed out.

sorry if this has already been tried, but have you actually put the doff onto your active roster?
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    stabunaattoristabunaattori Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    sorry if this has already been tried, but have you actually put the doff onto your active roster?

No effect.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had multiple Aegis sets- three unbound in the account bank, several bound in various character banks, a couple equipped on ships. All of them were updated.

The don't show the Mk XII tag, but they have Mk XII stats and new set bonuses. Yours were all updated, too.

You have to have level 15 in those categories to craft it... as it says in the window. The doff just increases your crit chance, but you have to level up to be able to craft it in the first place.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yeah, but it was said that the Doff you get will make you abl to craft the aegis set no matter how much or less XP you have. as that was its purpose to give the people who leveled the crafting system before smething as reward.

dev blog said unique doff that gives ability to craft aegis set.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was also under the impression that this DoFF somehow circumvented the required skill to craft the Aegis set.

I believe my set was upgraded ~ it doesn't have an MK? next to it still, however I do have 'Energy Feedback Conductor' and the OP 'negate any incoming dmg every 30 seconds buff'. (Donatra KSE Thalaron Pulse? Immune kthxbye)

Seems more like now that I'm using the system, that this and other DoFF's in the future will have unique crafts, and some may even be missable per events. The DoFF is in effect the 'recipe' needed, else all you can build is stock TRIBBLE.

Also it'd be nice to be able to craft consumables (repair/injury kits~batteries~hypos etc). I suspect these are still DoFF assignments hidden away in your 'department heads' menus, really they belong with R&D.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did note that my Aegis sets now all had "Vice Admiral" listed as rank requirement. I didn't check if the stats have been brought in line to be Mk XII, but guess they probably have.

A thought that comes to mind - this doesn't affect me, but what happens to Rear Admirals who had the Aegis set equipped on their ship before? Was it not possible to equip at the same time as Mk X gear (95% sure that was the case)? Does it just pop off their ship on log in?
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My set is in my shared bank account. No update.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You have to put the Aegis items in your inventory for them to update.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Did that, still no mark level listed, hard to tell if stats are for mk xii.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Update, the MARK XII listing only comes if you craft an ULTRA RARE version of the Aegis Set.

the Very Rare version has no mark listing at all. also not if newly crafted

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The set is Bind to Account on Equip - the screenshots I provided for the blog were just on gear I had already equipped, and thus it was bound to me.

My AEGIS set seems to have updated but says Bind to Char on equip. Shouldn't this be Bind to Account on Equip, per the note above?
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    My AEGIS set updated itself with the transition from 9 to 9.5... and It is abound to character... Never was bound to account...

Also on of the new stats is wrong.. it sais on the blog

2-Piece Set Bonus - "Energy Negation": Passive
    Once every 30 seconds, players will be immune to incoming damage for 0.2 seconds.

But in game it states...
    Set 2: Energy Negation
    Negates all damage for .1 sec once every 30 sec.
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My AEGIS set seems to have updated but says Bind to Char on equip. Shouldn't this be Bind to Account on Equip, per the note above?

That's what I thought was supposed to happen too...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My AEGIS set updated itself with the transition from 9 to 9.5... and It is abound to character... Never was bound to account...

Also on of the new stats is wrong.. it sais on the blog

But in game it states...

Any items that got bound to character stay that way. So if, like me, you made your Aegis before the account bind feature was added to the game, it'll be bound to character forever.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My AEGIS is as-yet unused, and unbound.

It is stating that it will be char-bound. Maybe tonight if I get to log in again it will have.... "updated" itself... and will say something more like acc-bound. If not, I don't want to use it until the bug is fixed, which is a major inconvenience.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »

Not according to what I saw today.
    It updated on one of my chars (after I made my previous post in this thread) while it was in the bank while that from another char is still as it was yesterday.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My AEGIS is as-yet unused, and unbound.

It is stating that it will be char-bound. Maybe tonight if I get to log in again it will have.... "updated" itself... and will say something more like acc-bound. If not, I don't want to use it until the bug is fixed, which is a major inconvenience.
    On rare occasions you might find a bit of uncommon, rare, or VR vendor trash from back before account binding was added. They still say CBoE. I suspect this status is a stat added to the item when it was generated.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Anyone know about this Aegis Doff? I don't think I got mine.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif