test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

reached a 1000 days a month ago.

startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So im very happy at this accomplishment. I know this is late saying it but i really am lol. I did not buy lifetime but was gold from day 1 to 1000 and counting.

So, i was thinking about everyone else who did this. So as we all know, 1000 day is the last 100 day thing where we get awards. And for those still paying gold the only good advantage is having 500 zen per month. So it kinda gets pointless after 1000 days.

So i was thinking to award these people who did this, why not give them a award for going 1000 days gold?

I see 3 options:
-They get lifetime free or atleast the in game stuff lifetime members get, this i believe would not be popular but im throwing it out there anyway or get lifetime but without any of the titles or items, just play for free and get 500 isk stipend.
- They get special items of their own and a exclusive title.
- or a special trait or something that might be a 5 or 10% bonus to *blank* or multiple *blanks*.

I mean at least the 3rd or 2nd option. Just as a small reward for being gold that long.
Post edited by startrek1234567 on

Comments

• Options
    ejsphcrispejsphcrisp Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am F2P, but if you went 1000 days as Gold, then, by my math, you almost doubled the LTS. IMO, I think any one that gets 1000+ days Gold should be promoted to the LTS, free of charge.

Just my 2 EC worth.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ejsphcrisp wrote: »
    I am F2P, but if you went 1000 days as Gold, then, by my math, you almost doubled the LTS. IMO, I think any one that gets 1000+ days Gold should be promoted to the LTS, free of charge.

Just my 2 EC worth.

yeah i was thinking the same but lifetime people can be sensitive about how they paid 200 dollars for something even if a gold member paid almost twice that alongside buying zen a lot as well.

In other words im saying they would feel ripped off and cheated for some reason and thats why i don't think it will happen sadly.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Why should people be rewarded for making poor financial decisions? Players that chose the monthly route already decided that the LTS perks weren't worth buying, so they shouldn't get them for free just because they now have buyers remorse.

All in favor of adding more vet rewards. I've even suggested in the past that they should make subbing and LTS's more appealing by giving them a 10%, and 20% discount on C-Store purchases.

I agree with the c-store discounts but not the vet awards. Lifetime people would get those rewards instantly in 1 day without playing the extra 100-200 days leaving gold members at the same spot they were in from the beginning. Unless the vet awards get added on to the current awards would i support it or if the awards were gold member exclusive and the gold member played that certain number of days what ever that may be.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you got vet rewards you got zen for subing to...............................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd ignore them for saying you wasted your money. Let's just say you had faith in STO that you invested it on a monthly basis and ground the long road for 1000 days.

But to reward or not to reward, that is the question. On one side, I do think one should be rewarded for being committed to the company for over 1000 days. However, the original 1000 day veterans never did get anything beyond the 500 day stipend. So I don't think Cryptic or PWE is going to reward customers beyond they already have.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So im very happy at this accomplishment. I know this is late saying it but i really am lol. I did not buy lifetime but was gold from day 1 to 1000 and counting.

So, i was thinking about everyone else who did this. So as we all know, 1000 day is the last 100 day thing where we get awards. And for those still paying gold the only good advantage is having 500 zen per month. So it kinda gets pointless after 1000 days.

So i was thinking to award these people who did this, why not give them a award for going 1000 days gold?

I see 3 options:
    -They get lifetime free or atleast the in game stuff lifetime members get, this i believe would not be popular but im throwing it out there anyway or get lifetime but without any of the titles or items, just play for free and get 500 isk stipend.
    - or a special trait or something that might be a 5 or 10% bonus to *blank* or multiple *blanks*.

I mean at least the 3rd or 2nd option. Just as a small reward for being gold that long.

I have said before that I agree someone who has reached 1000 days by monthly subs should get a free upgrade to lifetime as by that time they have paid more then enough to deserve this privilege, sadly it is not up to me.

buyers remorse would not enter into it if this was a known reward for subbing for 1000 days it would be more akin to paying for lifetime in monthly instalments with interest even though the full benefits of lifetime would not apply till the 1000 day mark.
    cryptic and perfect world would loose very little money from giving this reward as most subbers will cancel their payments after the 1000 day mark is reached anyway.

in fact this could be a good earner for STO as I know of many ex monthly sub players who have stopped subbing far short of the 1000 day milestone who could be tempted to renew their subs if this reward was introduced.

I also know of many freetoplay players who would like lifetime and cant afford the lump sum who would happily pay for monthly subs if this was introduced.

so one way or another this could bring a lot of extra money into the game.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what do LTS player get that gold don't?

let's see.. you get career officer on the Forum.. you get a real playable borg.. and you get a hideous combadge..

and you get all the 1000 day vet stuff RIGHT NOW.

I think that's bout it.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    landdonlanddon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What us subscribers should be getting is a lot more quality content, errors fixed, and a large universe that is explorable. Maybe new vessel given every 500 days past that point? Not to depend on the pubic for that. The Foundry system is not exploration. Commanding of fleets and customizable Ship Interiors and the ability to travel to are destination while inside our vessel.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    landdon wrote: »
    What us subscribers should be getting is a lot more quality content, errors fixed, and a large universe that is explorable.

surely if this was done every player would get it not just subscribers.

what we are talking about here is benefits just for subscribers so please stick to the subject.

• Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I see 3 options:

1) No
    2)A non-LTS-exclusive Veteran Reward? (Hahahahaha!) No!
    3) That goes in the direction of more Vet stuff... imho is the decisision to stop Vet Rewards a pretty poor one, a Yes here. (Maybe they can dust off the Veteran BO's? for a limited Rate, say 1 per Account every 333 Days above 1000 as a example)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,864 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would not mind a gold/lts extra trait slot (or two)
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So... you want a reward for taking the long and hard road, while an easier one was available ? Should I get a reward if I successfully empty my swimming pool using a leaky bucket ?

Anyway, congratulation, you've paid about 33% more than a non discounted LTS for your 1K days. And the more you go, the more it grows.
    You pay the game for others I guess. Which is nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    landdonlanddon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    surely if this was done every player would get it not just subscribers.

Yes, it would. I'm pointing out and reminding the company that if people pay money there is an expectation such thing will be fixed. That failing to do so, will result in individuals that will not pay and leave. Additionally, I was adding more text at the time. But my point is still applicable, loyal customers expect these things to be fixed and the game to grow. Paying LTS, is a large payment for some people. But what happens if the company folds?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    landdon wrote: »
    Yes, it would. I'm pointing out and reminding the company that if people pay money there is an expectation such thing will be fixed. That failing to do so, will result in individuals that will not pay and leave. Additionally, I was adding more text at the time. But my point is still applicable, loyal customers expect these things to be fixed and the game to grow. Paying LTS, is a large payment for some people. But what happens if the company folds?

this doesn't alter the fact that we are talking about subscriber only benefits not benefits that non subscibers would also benefit from so like I said please stick to the subject.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    valenn1 wrote: »
    1) No
    2)A non-LTS-exclusive Veteran Reward? (Hahahahaha!) No!
    3) That goes in the direction of more Vet stuff... imho is the decisision to stop Vet Rewards a pretty poor one, a Yes here. (Maybe they can dust off the Veteran BO's? for a limited Rate, say 1 per Account every 333 Days above 1000 as a example)

I believe they have said before that although rewards might be added as with the recent ev suit they will never give rewards above 1000 days , this is why the vast majority of monthly subbers stop subbing after 1000 days.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    So... you want a reward for taking the long and hard road, while an easier one was available ? Should I get a reward if I successfully empty my swimming pool using a leaky bucket ?

Anyway, congratulation, you've paid about 33% more than a non discounted LTS for your 1K days. And the more you go, the more it grows.
    You pay the game for others I guess. Which is nice.

so by your logic nobody should be able to buy a house or car or any other hp item if they cannot poney up the full price for it, after all why take the long and hard road, while an easier one was available ? .

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh good point. They did say that. I guess that makes this part of the thread a dead horse issue and should be added to the FCT thread. :rolleyes:

only they cant do that with part of a thread only the whole thread, that's why its titled frequently created threads and not frequently created posts so....

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    so by your logic nobody should be able to buy a house or car or any other hp item if they cannot poney up the full price for it, after all why take the long and hard road, while an easier one was available ? .
    No, that would be like loan an house or a car until you paid MORE than its price, then ask to have it gifted to you.

OP paid for gold, and he had it. OP paid for vet reward, and he have them. Op didn't pay for LTS, and thus, he don't have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    No, that would be like loan an house or a car until you paid MORE than its price, then ask to have it gifted to you.

OP paid for gold, and he had it. OP paid for vet reward, and he have them. Op didn't pay for LTS, and thus, he don't have it.

I beg to differ its exactly the same, why should someone who has paid well over the costs of a standard lifetime subscription not get the benefit that comes with a lifetime subscription, just because you or I might be able to afford to pay it outright doesn't mean everyone can paying a monthly sub up to 1000 days might be the only way they could possibly achieve this.
    you also have the added benefit that this might attract many free to play players that might be tempted to subscribe but are put off by the knowledge that there is no pot of gold at the end of the 1000 day rainbow.
    and as I have said before I have known and still know many passed subscribers who failed to reach the 1000 day mark who would defiantly resume their subscription if this carrot was put there to aim for.
    so as far as I can see the addition of this reward would be a massive boon for STO in increased monthly subscription fees and that has got to be good for everybody.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I still think out of all this they should get at least something for subbing 1000 days, i dont see how it hurts LTS or f2p players at all. its not like they would give gold players a OP ship or item, it would be something that's equal to other ships, but only it would be exclusive and not on the vet awards list. Think of it like the chimera, is it OP, no. Is it the best ship?No, Is it a bad ship? not really.

So its not like LTS members are missing out on some jackpot. Im just saying, for what ever reason, gold members paid more than the lifetime fee and probably bought in edition to it, zen. I don't really care why they paid it and I am not going to go around asking people for why they did.

All I am asking is some small item or trait for paying it, because they did, and nothing is gonna change that.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Because they didnt.

Someone that brought LTS dump the money immediate, subscription is not "paying in installments" nor are Veteran Rewards somehow connected to when someone "wins" a LTS, having ALL Veteran Rewards immediate as subscribers get them at milestimes.

Subscription isnt paying LTS in monthly installments..

that reply makes no sense whatever.
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Because they didnt.
    They arent interested in subscriptions since it inst their model, F2Players would be incredible STUPID if they decided to sub so by paying MORE they would get a LTS, either want it and pay or they dont, LTS sales also happen pretty much at least once per year.

how can they not be interested in subscribing of course they are interested they are just not keen to do it if there's nothing after 1000 days just paying without rewards or going back to free to play.
    I have spoke to many potential subscribers who cant even afford lifetime at sale price and are not very good at saving up to buy a big item but have said they could budget to pay for a 1000 day monthy sub if there was something more worthwhile at the end of it.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    If players stop subscribing to gold after 1000 days, do they lose the 500 zen stipen?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I came up with this idea a couple of years ago about Veteran Stores or more appropriately Loyalty Stores. The way the LTS is set up is that every current veteran reward is a LTS perk granted on purchase. Meaning that the whole veteran concept is pretty much removed. It used to be that you could show how long you have been subscribed to the game by using the Android Bridge Officer, costume options, or the Veteran ship skin.

A Loyalty Store would work in conjunction with the Veteran Rewards and LTS. Transferring 500 Zen to STO would give 1 Loyalty Token and Subscribing for 1 month would give 3 Loyalty Tokens. Obviously, Loyalty Tokens would be required to purchasing anything from the Loyalty Store. The current Veteran Rewards would be available, but their cost would be based on how long it took to get it through subscribing so the Chimera ship would cost far more than the All Good Things... Alternate Future Starfleet Insignia, 1000 days subscribed vs. 100 days subscribed respectively. The new items would not be available through any other method. So a person that just started today and got the LTS would have all the current veteran rewards, but can't buy any of Loyalty Store items due to them having 0 Loyalty Tokens while the F2Per that has spent $5000 in the game would have 1000 Loyalty Tokens available and could buy the Chimera if they wanted or other items.

has paid well over the costs of a standard lifetime subscription not get the benefit that comes with a lifetime subscription, just because you or I might be able to afford to pay it outright doesn't mean everyone can paying a monthly sub up to 1000 days might be the only way they could possibly achieve this.
    you also have the added benefit that this might attract many free to play players that might be tempted to subscribe but are put off by the knowledge that there is no pot of gold at the end of the 1000 day rainbow.
    and as I have said before I have known and still know many passed subscribers who failed to reach the 1000 day mark who would defiantly resume their subscription if this carrot was put there to aim for.
    so as far as I can see the addition of this reward would be a massive boon for STO in increased monthly subscription fees and that has got to be good for everybody.[/QUOTE]
    ejsphcrisp wrote: »
    If players stop subscribing to gold after 1000 days, do they lose the 500 zen stipen?

Yes.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I see 3 options:

Stop being an elitist.

I was LTS within a couple months of joining the game. The LTS changes were made when I was less than 100 days from my 1000 day reward anyways. I guess this makes me evil and bad.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why should people be rewarded for making poor financial decisions? Players that chose the monthly route already decided that the LTS perks weren't worth buying, so they shouldn't get them for free just because they now have buyers remorse.

Damrite.

--
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Stop being an elitist.

I was LTS within a couple months of joining the game. The LTS changes were made when I was less than 100 days from my 1000 day reward anyways. I guess this makes me evil and bad.

The less I say about the LTS changes, the better. When I got to 999 days, they released the news about a new LTS reward. My hopes were quickly destroyed when every Lifer would get every veteran reward and someone who started playing the game a month ago would get to mess around with the Chimera before me even if it was a lousy ship. A lot of this pain could have been averted if they made the LTS changes a month later.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Yes.

So if they lose the stipen and EC limit, just make a new gold reward, LTG (Life Time Gold), and let them keep the stipen and limit, but do not receive all the LTS (Life Time Subscription) rewards.

If players want the Borg and combadge (that's really all we get extra?), let them pay for the LTS sub.