test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - June 20, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140609a.12

General:
  • Crafting harvest nodes have been added to most of the episodes.
    • This is a work in progress and is not complete.
  • Adding short descriptions to Materials and Components to tell more easily which is which.
  • Adding the ability for a user to run the same assignment multiple times concurrently.
  • Resolved an issue where many R+D Schematics required an extra Targeting Interface and Focusing Lens to create.
  • Resolved several issues where Component Schematics used the wrong display name, indicating they would create one thing and actually creating another.
  • Corrected an issue where Isolinear Chip components were not possible to create
  • Added sound effects to the new crafting UI.
  • Harvest Node FX has been updated.

Known Issues:
  • The new Crafting system is not in its final state.
    • UI for the Crafting system is still a work in progress.
    • The list of available damage types does not refresh.
    • Changing duty officers has a chance to make the Start Task button stay grayed out.
    • Projects in progress will show up in assignments tab of the Completed section.
    • Crafting components go into the inventory instead of the materials bag.
    • Catalysts are not being consumes when they are used in a project.
  • New kit modules do not have their own search category in the Exchange.
  • Kits in your inventory cannot be equipped by double-clicking on them.
    • You can drag and drop slot them.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140609a.12

General:
      • This is a work in progress and is not complete.
    • Adding short descriptions to Materials and Components to tell more easily which is which.
    • Adding the ability for a user to run the same assignment multiple times concurrently.
    • Resolved an issue where many R+D Schematics required an extra Targeting Interface and Focusing Lens to create.
    • Resolved several issues where Component Schematics used the wrong display name, indicating they would create one thing and actually creating another.
    • Corrected an issue where Isolinear Chip components were not possible to create
    • Added sound effects to the new crafting UI.
    • Harvest Node FX has been updated.

Known Issues:
    • The new Crafting system is not in its final state.
      • UI for the Crafting system is still a work in progress.
      • The list of available damage types does not refresh.
      • Changing duty officers has a chance to make the Start Task button stay grayed out.
      • Projects in progress will show up in assignments tab of the Completed section.
      • Crafting components go into the inventory instead of the materials bag.
      • Catalysts are not being consumes when they are used in a project.
    • New kit modules do not have their own search category in the Exchange.
    • Kits in your inventory cannot be equipped by double-clicking on them.
      • You can drag and drop slot them.

Looks good, but are you going to make it so we can trade in multiple traces at a time?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Looks good, but are you going to make it so we can trade in multiple traces at a time?

Really? You made something saying "First"?

More good patch note, minor improvments, but nice ones anyway.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    have I missed mention of what happens to the fleet missions that require traces?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Really? You made something saying "First"?

More good patch note, minor improvments, but nice ones anyway.

I never seem to type fast enough.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How long is tribble going to be down ??
  • Options
    summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Coldsnapped: Any ETA on the kit modules getting their own filter in the exchange?
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited June 2014

General:

Harvest nodes I will test at once. As for concurrent projects, PRAISE BE TO YOU. That annoyed the frak outta me.

It also annoys the frak outta me that items give 600 XP and Components give 1. It's gonna take FOREVER to level this system. Any word on putting... oh, 250-500 XP on Component making, depending on Crit? Because otherwise, this will be an unbearable grind. And we don't need any more of those. Just like we don't need any more Dilithium sinks, so can you please make "Finish Now" cost EC? Maybe at 10x the current Di cost in EC? PLEASE?
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Harvest nodes I will test at once. As for concurrent projects, PRAISE BE TO YOU. That annoyed the frak outta me.

It also annoys the frak outta me that items give 600 XP and Components give 1. It's gonna take FOREVER to level this system. Any word on putting... oh, 250-500 XP on Component making, depending on Crit? Because otherwise, this will be an unbearable grind. And we don't need any more of those. Just like we don't need any more Dilithium sinks, so can you please make "Finish Now" cost EC? Maybe at 10x the current Di cost in EC? PLEASE?
    I agree with every word of this post. Getting 1 XP is borderline insulting.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »

It was bad enough when the Diplomatic missions in clusters gave 10 CXP after the DOFF system came out, please don't let this stay in place.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are there any plans to add the ability to craft Kits and/or Kit Modules to the new crafting system?
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Not to mention you'll have to produce enough low-level gear to equip every Starfleet NPC and player ship with its crappy default gear before you hit Level 20. That's BAAAAAD.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Depends on the train of thought. Some folks come from a diminishing XP school of play.

Level 1 player vs. Level 1 mob = full XP.
    Level 10 player vs Level 1 mob = almost no XP.
    Level 1 crafter crafting Level 1 item = full XP.
    Level 10 crafter crafting level 1 item = almost no XP.

Was surprised with the way the current system allows folks to continue getting XP at the same level for low level items...

Then again, this system is pretty much doing the same thing...
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You only need to look at the previous set of patch notes to see everything that's wrong with this, I doubt people want to be repeating themselves, nice fixes but the pale into what the real issues are.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Depends on the train of thought. Some folks come from a diminishing XP school of play.

Level 1 player vs. Level 1 mob = full XP.
    Level 10 player vs Level 1 mob = almost no XP.
    Level 1 crafter crafting Level 1 item = full XP.
    Level 10 crafter crafting level 1 item = almost no XP.

Was surprised with the way the current system allows folks to continue getting XP at the same level for low level items...

Then again, this system is pretty much doing the same thing...

Because of how Crafting leveling is on TRIBBLE right now, I can almost guarantee that no one's Level 10 in any crafting skill. I'm only Level 3 in Beams. The XP doesn't change based on level. You craft components, you get 1 XP. That needs to change. A LOT.
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think I read somewhere that the old particle traces and data samples could be traded in for the new ones.
    Is this already possible and if so, where?

The new UI is quite nice, though I miss the sorting functions when assigning a doff to a mission.
    And that you have to click on the "i" button to see the traits of the officers is a bit laborious.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Again adding my voice to the chorus concerned with the loss of access to the exploration accolades. Please explain the fate of these before time runs out.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Because of how Crafting leveling is on TRIBBLE right now, I can almost guarantee that no one's Level 10 in any crafting skill. I'm only Level 3 in Beams. The XP doesn't change based on level. You craft components, you get 1 XP. That needs to change. A LOT.

It's not that difficult to level on Tribble if you've stored samples over the years. There's also the free Dil from Drozana so you can spam the Finish Now. The Aegis shield is there in shields (or was, not sure if it's still there since this patch) and it provides 36k XP. So you can hit level 20 in Shields pretty fast even though it requires 2,070,000 XP for Level 20. But it you've got the samples, kicking out 57 some shields is pretty fast. Finish Now! Finish Now! Finish Now! Lol...

How long do folks think it should take to finish out Level 20 in a school? A month? A couple of months? A week? A weekend? An evening?
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think I read somewhere that the old particle traces and data samples could be traded in for the new ones.

You double click on the traces and data to open the trade-in shop. Drag the window so that the Buy button gets overlapped by the Okay button and you can click like mad trading them in.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Double-click one...it opens a new window allowing you to convert them: one at a time...painful.

You're also probably going to be upset about the exchange rate on the particles (samples isn't bad) - it's random. You might get rare materials or you might get uncommon or common. Basically, you're going to lose out there...meh.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2014
    Is tribble still down???
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    We're having problems with our Tribble server at the moment. Hopefully it will be up shortly.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How long do folks think it should take to finish out Level 20 in a school? A month? A couple of months? A week? A weekend? An evening?

Well, since it's a Rep style slider game now, a month without using Finish Now. At least that's my opinion on a reasonable time frame. On the other hand... I just don't like very much about the system as it stands, so it'll take me much, much longer. I'm waiting for designated [Mods] and quality before I'll say it's even close to meeting what I expect out of a crafting system... variability is what random drops are for, not crafting. All that (and more) is in the last bit of feedback I posted elsewhere, though, so I'll leave it at that for now :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It's not that difficult to level on Tribble if you've stored samples over the years. There's also the free Dil from Drozana so you can spam the Finish Now. The Aegis shield is there in shields (or was, not sure if it's still there since this patch) and it provides 36k XP. So you can hit level 20 in Shields pretty fast even though it requires 2,070,000 XP for Level 20. But it you've got the samples, kicking out 57 some shields is pretty fast. Finish Now! Finish Now! Finish Now! Lol...

That's Shields. What about everything ELSE? Beams has nothing like that. Nor any of the other schools.

As for how long it should take, it shouldn't be instant by any means, but it also shouldn't take nearly as long as a Reputation. Personally, I feel like you should be able to level it as you level a character, able to keep pace with you as you climb the ranks. This system can't do that because of the gross amount of time it takes to gather the materials, craft the components, and make ONE item for some token XP. However, assuming you HAVE hoarded Crafting materials (not everyone has - indeed, I either scrapped my samples or dumped them into my Fleet Bank some time ago, my samples for Conversion testing coming from the aforementioned Fleet Bank), it shout take no more than a weekend, assuming you don't "Finish Now" every item you make. After all, you're already maxed leveling the character, so this would just be another Reputation-like grind.

My question is, where are the rewards for people who, like me, already maxed the old crafting? They said they would be giving those people a leg-up, but I'm not seeing it. Unless the minor stockpiles of materials is supposed to be it and have fun grinding. Which is crappy. I wouldn't mind a permanent Crafting XP boost based on your level in the old system. Make tiering up in the new one less of a pain while not unfairly harming newcomers.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Good notes here, most I was having issues with. I bet there will be lots of updates next week.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2014
    We're having problems with our Tribble server at the moment. Hopefully it will be up shortly.

Arighty, be sure to let us know when it's up... :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well, since it's a Rep style slider game now, a month without using Finish Now. At least that's my opinion on a reasonable time frame. On the other hand... I just don't like very much about the system as it stands, so it'll take me much, much longer. I'm waiting for designated [Mods] and quality before I'll say it's even close to meeting what I expect out of a crafting system... variability is what random drops are for, not crafting. All that (and more) is in the last bit of feedback I posted elsewhere, though, so I'll leave it at that for now :P

Except fgor how long maxing should take, I agree here. It wouldn't even be that hard to add mod definition - put an option dropdown next to the success/crit bars. And while I also agree that quality shouldn't be as variable as it is, you're having DOffs do it, so what you could do would be like this:
    • Define what kind of item.
    • Define mods.
    • Select a "target quality" with chances based on the DOff, the Catalysts, and the target quality.
    • If the quality isn't what you want (something goes wrong and your DOff produces a lower-quality item like with DOff "Review Bridge Officer Applicant" assignments), introduce an Upgrading mechanic. That would also allow us to customize existing items, which would be nice.

This system has the potential to be the best Crafting system I've ever seen. But it is flawed. Fix the flaws based on player feedback. It could be perfect. Make it so.

The Picard Make It So ensures that it will happen. ;3
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The new UI is quite nice, though I miss the sorting functions when assigning a doff to a mission.
    And that you have to click on the "i" button to see the traits of the officers is a bit laborious.

Double click on the materials i.e traces and you get a pop up window
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I apologize but we were unable to get the new build up on Tribble as we have come accross some unforeseen issues with the build.

We will try and get this sorted out early next week but for now, we are going back to the build that was previously working ST.42.20140609a.9
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I apologize but we were unable to get the new build up on Tribble as we have come accross some unforeseen issues with the build.

We will try and get this sorted out early next week but for now, we are going back to the build that was previously working ST.42.20140609a.9

So is this one of STO's first actual gamebreaking bugs? Also, the build it has been reverted to, is that yesterdays one, or the one before that?
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014

S'all good man. As long as the server's up. ^_^
    So is this one of STO's first actual gamebreaking bugs? Also, the build it has been reverted to, is that yesterdays one, or the one before that?

ST.42.20140609a.9 should be the build from the patch on the 19th. -edit- Yup, server's up and running Thursday's build.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.