test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (June 19, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kianazero wrote: »
    When will they be removed from the game? Considering they added in Doffs that give bonuses to disco ball dancing? Never.

And Q-created Never Melting Snowballs on a summer resort makes sense. Since it's Q. I could use some of those at my job in Walmart's Gardening Center. It'd make the weather bearable at least.

Right, so we could use virtually ANY thing everywhere. We could argue that it is made by Q. Snow is snow, it doesnt matter if it is q made or not.

And i didnt know about the doffs thing.. unbelievable lol. Another reason to keep thinking on migrating to another game..
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ...And here we go.

Mistress Trendy, I has bacon for you whenever you want it...

Hail Ba'al!
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for*2.5 hours and I’ll post again once it is complete. Thanks ya’ll!

-LaughingTrendy
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Party Poppers, Subspace Party Amplifiers, Unmelting Snowballs, and Breen Biothermal Dampeners can now be used on Risa.

Please add Personal Holo Emitters
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
    edited June 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Q
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    bought a bikini off the exchange for 4.5 million...............im done with Rise

How bout we fix some other things in the game like

Yellowstone runabouts
    that make your enemys vanish in PvE

I am very suprised the toothbrush fleet isnt using them to grief everyone in the BZ and STFs
    It would be the BIGGEST griefing tool ever causing suffering to thousnds of players

I call you out Bighead toothbrush man your SLACKING !!!!!!!
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • twelve12345twelve12345 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    UTC Time is off :)

1400 UTC (but I am in CET and cut off at 1500 UTC)
    so the end of UTC will be 1730 instead of 1630 (otherwise CET will be back in the game at 1730)

UTC is +8 for PST and CET is +9
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Right, so we could use virtually ANY thing everywhere. We could argue that it is made by Q. Snow is snow, it doesnt matter if it is q made or not.

And i didnt know about the doffs thing.. unbelievable lol. Another reason to keep thinking on migrating to another game..

Q can do and make more or less whatever he jolly well likes lol, you're barely a grain of sand in one tiny instance of time to him :P

All these items are good fun, if you don't like them then you really need to lighten up :rolleyes:
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    UTC Time is off :)

1400 UTC (but I am in CET and cut off at 1500 UTC)
    so the end of UTC will be 1730 instead of 1630 (otherwise CET will be back in the game at 1730)

UTC is +8 for PST and CET is +9

current UTC time is 1 hour behind GMT its 3,19 PM GMT

use google, google is your friend
  • twelve12345twelve12345 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    UTC = GMT

Wikipedia knows better
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    UTC = GMT

Wikipedia knows better

yeah, and in Uk we're in BST which is GMT+1 aka UTC+1
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
    edited June 2014
    UTC = GMT

Wikipedia knows better

i live in GMT and we use GMT not UTC, a british citizen knows what time zone they are in.

epic failure from a troll.

would you lot stop trying to troll people about the times its easy to google something

go and google current UTC time it will say its 14:25

then google current GMT time it will say its 15:25

UTC is 1 hour behind GMT time in the uk.

for further infomation google it, you will see what current times are in the zones i have said lol

end of.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    About time we were allowed to use party items on the party planet. Cheers!

Them not being able to be used on Risa was one of the top features.
    Unintentional or not, but it was one of the top features. They were lame when they came out and are have been promoted to beyond lame since.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited June 2014
    orici1701 wrote: »

Would you cut it out?

Every time I see you posting, you're calling somebody else a troll just because they disagree with you.

Please stop. It is intensely annoying.
    edited June 2014
    i live in GMT and we use GMT not UTC, a british citizen knows what time zone they are in.

would you lot stop trying to troll people about the times its easy to google something

go and google current UTC time it will say its 14:25

then google current GMT time it will say its 15:25

UTC is 1 hour behind GMT time in the uk.

for further infomation google it, you will see what current times are in the zones i have said lol

end of.

you are the fail. UTC = GMT. we are in British summer time aka BST
    BST is 1 hour ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
    Note that BST is a daylight saving time/summer time zone. It is generally only used during the summer in the places listed below, during the winter GMT or IST are used instead
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
    edited June 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Would you cut it out?

Every time I see you posting, you're calling somebody else a troll just because they disagree with you.

Please stop. It is intensely annoying.

and someone telling me what time zone im in is really annoying, and to be truthful a troll is a person who lives under a bridge lol

and i know what time zone im in, its GMT... lol
    edited June 2014
    you are the fail. UTC = GMT. we are in British summer time aka BST

and im not as its still gmt time zone if its winter or summer lol

you are in fail.

conversation terminated as you are a troll
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Romulan Republic Powerboards have been added for Romulan Captains.

If players have already purchased their faction specific Powerboard, they may be traded in for free for the Romulan version at the vendor.
    Romulan captains will going forward be able to purchase both the Romulan Republic Powerboard and their chosen faction’s Powerboard.

Romulan sand monuments display a Romulan symbol instead of the Klingon symbol.

For these things, I thank you most heartily and sincerely.

I did finally cave and buy a Lavender Highliner, because I used the Rental a few times just to try it out and it came to the point that I didn't want to miss out on the fun any longer, although I never gave up hope on the Romulan Republic board being added in. As my inventory/bank space is still under strain (even with the increases), I wish I could trade this in and give the extra 50 Lohlunat Favors to get the Romulan Republic Superior Powerboard. But I guess I can live with it. :\
    Party Poppers, Subspace Party Amplifiers, Unmelting Snowballs, and Breen Biothermal Dampeners can now be used on Risa.
    Resolved an issue that was occasionally causing Risa swimsuits to appear on maps other than Risa.

For these things, I am not thanking you.

The one map in the game where you will permit us to wear swimwear is now open to griefing from those who have made plain that they can't even tolerate the TOS miniskirts, much less the TOS Mirror uniform? What in Areinnye motivated this decision?

So Starfleet Command may be a bunch of uptight neurotics who can't handle seeing their personnel, whether on- or off-duty, wearing a swimsuit anywhere other than Risa. What does that have to do with the Orion Syndicate (the true power behind the Klingon Empire) or the New Romulan Republic (a government whose people have, since their first appearance in TOS, been characterized as "passionate")? What does it hurt, seriously? At the very least, swimsuits should be available for use also on Drozana Station, Ganalda Space Station, Fleet Holding zones, and starship/shuttle interiors, as well as Foundry maps (and, frankly, the balcony of New Romulus Star Command, the Bar in the First City, and the Clubs on ESD and at Starfleet Academy are places where Starfleet Command either has no authority or ought to recognize as places where their personnel are more likely to go when they are off-duty -- speaking of which, we would like to have our own Nightclub at New Romulus Star Command, along with the several other things I enumerated in one of my previous tickets and have, along with a rather large number of other Romulan players, requested in multiple forum threads).

I guess I'm going to have to send another ticket about the Disco Balls and Unmelting Snowballs being used to harass those doing the Nerve Tonic Dance, because, despite the claims that the Disco Ball does not prevent anyone from doing anything they were doing before it was launched, anyone doing the Nerve Tonic Dance within range of the Disco Ball immediately stops doing the dance they wish to do and are forced into the dance mix which the Disco Ball effects, and can be knocked down by the Unmelting Snowballs, thus also giving the pseudo-puritan griefers exactly what they want (which is to say, it also stops that dance). I'm sure I'm not the only one to report this harassment (being followed around and pelted with Unmelting Snowballs and/or having the Dancing Griefer Ball launched at me each time I start the Nerve Tonic Dance by one or two members of a certain fleet or group of fleets with similar practices). If it were not for this facilitating of harassment, I wouldn't have any issues with either the Disco Balls or the Unmelting Snowballs. This is Star Trek, not the simplistic Bifurcation Fallacy which was the original Dragnet, nor the lunatic fringe group "Equality Now!" which has contributed to the misapprehension of what Feminism is and is about, nor some playground for reactionary religious fanatics who can't grasp the simple concepts that (a) not everything is about them and (b) no-one has to coddle them and (c) only those who elect to do so are to be expected to submit to their self-righteous busybodyism -- nor is it a place where sociopaths should be allowed to roam free and torment others with impunity (much less given more and more tools and opportunities to do so).
    edited June 2014
    conversation terminated as you are a troll

Funny i don't feel like it's terminated.

And you're still wrong, on both counts.

Lets see if i can simplify this for you.

GMT is what we base our clocks on, worldwide in-fact.

In March the clocks go forward, moving us into British Summer Time, which is GMT+1.(by us I mean the British)

GMT is set in Greenwich, which is why it's called GMT, Greenwich Mean Time

UTC is Universal Time Code, this is the same as GMT but set somewhere else, France I think.

UTC and GMT never change.
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

This seems to pretty well describe your actions.
    edited June 2014

Epic.

/10char
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014

No fun police. Geez, can't we do something fun on a pleasure planet? Didn't you have parties when you were young? Can't adults be kids again?

Also, you previously said that this game was marketed to kids. People being vaporized with huge weaponry is not my definition of a kids game.
    edited June 2014
    tucker84 wrote: »
    What about the bug that some KDF chars (or all of them?) cannot see their floater, while wearing swimwear/ off duty clothing?

That depends on what swimwear you're wearing. The X back of the String Bikini, for example, would be hidden by the Floater, whereas the Tie Waist suit has no such detail to be concealed by the Floater. I can't speak to any off-duty wear not showing the Floater, because I haven't noticed it.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Funny i don't feel like it's terminated.

And you're still wrong, on both counts.

Lets see if i can simplify this for you.

GMT is what we base our clocks on, worldwide in-fact.

In March the clocks go forward, moving us into British Summer Time, which is GMT+1.(by us I mean the British)

GMT is set in Greenwich, which is why it's called GMT, Greenwich Mean Time

UTC is Universal Time Code, this is the same as GMT but set somewhere else, France I think.

UTC and GMT never change.

Good lord, you all brit's have the funkiest time zones! :P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited June 2014
    you are a troll

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    (All hail Mandy Patinkin / Inigo Montoya!)
    edited June 2014
    Good lord, you all brit's have the funkiest time zones! :P

I guess that's why it causes confusion.
    protogoth wrote: »
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    (All hail Mandy Patinkin / Inigo Montoya!)

Good thing i put a definition in my previous post :D

To be honest, i don't think he's trolling, even if i implied it, i just think he doesn't understand, and is standing his ground, still, amusing none-the-less
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Kind of sad to see the bathing suit fix be put in. I have to admit it was pretty funny seeing people running around in bathing suits on Defera while killing borg.

At least they didn't get rid of the borg that think they are Michael Jordan.

:D
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Who's blasted idea was this?:mad:

I can safely state that it was definitely not Sheldon "I had to leave- they were having fun wrong" Cooper. :P

Hooray for more party on the party planet!
    One more thing... I would truly love to be able to wear the risan beachcomber shorts with my bathing suit. Thank you!

I'd like to go the other way- wear my guys' Beachcomber/Explorer shirts with their swim trunks to get around the utter lameness of both outfits being the same on males while for females one has pants rolled to the knee and the other has shorts.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bonus Mark event starting from 6/26/14 – 6/30/14 has been added back to the calendar.

After players used up their shuttle event mark packs, now they say it. -.-
    edited June 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    After players used up their shuttle event mark packs, now they say it. -.-

Pretty sure when you open the box doesn't affect how many you get from it, but rather, when you get the box affects how many you get from it.

I could be wrong, but my experience suggests otherwise.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That seems to be a bug with certain costume slots. I created new Off Duty slots for my Risa Wear and I can now see my Floater/Powerboard. Still, the issue needs to be addressed with those costume slots.

On my KDF characters I've found that if the slot's not fully locked out (another bug) then often simply changing one color (which presumably forces resaving the outfit) will fix the "invisible Floater" issue.
    protogoth wrote: »
    Pretty sure when you open the box doesn't affect how many you get from it, but rather, when you get the box affects how many you get from it.

I could be wrong, but my experience suggests otherwise.

My experience with the last Mark Weekend (And about 30-ish various saved Mark boxes) was that the Bonus Marks are applied when you open the box. Not that I'd be surprised to find that this has been hit with Cryptic's favorite troubleshooting tool, the [Nerf Bat Mk XXII].

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15241601&postcount=6
    Will this bonus apply to unopened Fast & Flurrious mark boxes earned from the winter eppohs?

EDIT: For those wondering the bonus does apply to these eppoh boxes.
This discussion has been closed.