What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (June 19, 2014) [Complete!]

13»

Comments

• xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    Pretty sure when you open the box doesn't affect how many you get from it, but rather, when you get the box affects how many you get from it.

I could be wrong, but my experience suggests otherwise.

Pretty sure I've heard many players say they were going to save up their boxes and open them on the bonus mark week, because it's when you open it that counts; hence the disappointment. I remember overhearing convos of when the bonus applies quite a few times already in game.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No fun police. Geez, can't we do something fun on a pleasure planet? Didn't you have parties when you were young? Can't adults be kids again?

Also, you previously said that this game was marketed to kids. People being vaporized with huge weaponry is not my definition of a kids game.

This game is obviously focused to kids. I can say that because for a start, cryptic never listen to their customers. Kids really dont care about what cryptic does, and i see that all the time in this game, people really dont care at all what cryptic does or what way is this game taking. You can see kid behaviours everywhere, disco balls everywhere, party amplifiers in space, stupid items like the shard of possibilities that will only like kids, the possibility of make extra tiny characters that looks like kids, and etc, etc. Its obvious that this is not a serious game, so the other possibility is that it is a game focused to small people.

Dude, it is a star trek game. Even if it is focused to kids, it needs to include some killing and stuff, its not, things will fall apart.

And again, i am perfectly fine seeing disco balls in Risa, but seriously i feel like TRIBBLE when i see a party amplifier on space, or someone blocking the entrance of nimbus with a cover shield and using a disco ball to keep people annoying as hell whiile they are asking to him.. why?? lol. And btw this kind of behaviour is really common on this game. And you still have doubts that this is not a game focused to kids? lol.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And you still have doubts that this is not a game focused to kids?

After reading quite a few of your posts, no doubts whatsoever. :cool:
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This game is obviously focused to kids. I can say that because for a start, cryptic never listen to their customers. Kids really dont care about what cryptic does, and i see that all the time in this game, people really dont care at all what cryptic does or what way is this game taking. You can see kid behaviours everywhere, disco balls everywhere, party amplifiers in space, stupid items like the shard of possibilities that will only like kids, the possibility of make extra tiny characters that looks like kids, and etc, etc. Its obvious that this is not a serious game, so the other possibility is that it is a game focused to small people.

Dude, it is a star trek game. Even if it is focused to kids, it needs to include some killing and stuff, its not, things will fall apart.

And again, i am perfectly fine seeing disco balls in Risa, but seriously i feel like TRIBBLE when i see a party amplifier on space, or someone blocking the entrance of nimbus with a cover shield and using a disco ball to keep people annoying as hell whiile they are asking to him.. why?? lol. And btw this kind of behaviour is really common on this game. And you still have doubts that this is not a game focused to kids? lol.

I think you're misinterpreting juvenile behavior and confusing it with age. The vast majority of players who play like 'kids' and do the things you mention, do so willfully and with deliberate intent to distract and gain amusement out of someone's displeasure. Such behavior is reserved for minds that have aged enough to develop malice, but are not experienced enough to know how, when and where to channel activities for their amusement. While it is possible some are teenagers, adults are not beyond engaging in such malicious behaviors depending on their mentality, and some do so frequently.

That said, this game is geared to the teenage and above market. The appeal is teens can feel like grown-ups and adults can feel like kids again in a virtual world both can enjoy.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cryptic never listen to their customers.

Funny, the fixing of the offensive "Romulan" Sand Monument and the addition of the Romulan Republic Superior Powerboard are things we customers have requested in several forum threads and in more than one ticket. Seems to me as if they listen to customers. They may not always agree with their customers, but that doesn't mean that they don't listen to their customers.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    I think you're misinterpreting juvenile behavior and confusing it with age. The vast majority of players who play like 'kids' and do the things you mention, do so willfully and with deliberate intent to distract and gain amusement out of someone's displeasure. Such behavior is reserved for minds that have aged enough to develop malice, but are not experienced enough to know how, when and where to channel activities for their amusement. While it is possible some are teenagers, adults are not beyond engaging in such malicious behaviors depending on their mentality, and some do so frequently.

That said, this game is geared to the teenage and above market. The appeal is teens can feel like grown-ups and adults can feel like kids again in a virtual world both can enjoy.

I just realized it's Xean. Herro, sir!

Are you having a good day? I shall sacrifice 10 tribbles to our glorious meeting on the forums!

I know that the kit modules still do not have a spot in the exchange. Any chance of getting any update on the status of this? Is this say a week out? A month? Longer?
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I found this, a little outdated and doesn't really answer the question, but i thought i'd share anyway.
    Q: (Body_Surfer) Who is the target audience for STOs continued development? Long Term players who will make STO their game of choice for years, or short term players who will play for a few months and move on?

Dstahl: There is no target audience other than the people who like to play STO. We will continue to develop this game for the foreseeable future to ensure that all STO players (past or present) have new and exciting challenges awaiting them the next time they log in. The more we can focus the game on Star Trek, the better. Whenever we release a new Season of Star Trek Online, it ushers in a wave of new features and additions to the game. Our team is currently crunching on the release of Season 6, and as soon as that is released, we will immediately begin work on Season 7. In between the Seasonal releases, you will continue to see small updates made to the game in the form of C-Store releases and minor events. When most of your players aren’t paying a dime to play the game, this allows us to maintain our staff and continue to deliver the best Seasonal Updates. Now that we’ve nearly filled all of our open positions, my expectation is that Season 7 will be the biggest single update we’ve made since we launched the game.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    292 MB patch, nice.
    edited June 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    Funny, the fixing of the offensive "Romulan" Sand Monument and the addition of the Romulan Republic Superior Powerboard are things we customers have requested in several forum threads and in more than one ticket. Seems to me as if they listen to customers. They may not always agree with their customers, but that doesn't mean that they don't listen to their customers.

I hope you kidding. I was not talking about these non important issues, i am talking about the real game breaking issues. And the bug fixing. And other important things. Or you are playing since 1 week ago?? are you seriously saying that having a proper symbol on the sand monument is important??? lmaoooo... of course they fix those things, because those things are too easy to fix. Now, ask cryptic to fix the most important bugs of the game, or to create fun content based on player requests. Or to make something about the terrible bad performance. For example. Now, i got you right ? xD.
    edited June 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »

When the company behind the game does nothing to prevent excesive juvenile behaviour and other things related, its obvious that the company is making the game focused to those people.

Saying the game is geared to the teenage and above market made me laugh, very hard.. sorry i needed to say it :D, dont tell me you consider STO a "serious" game?? ow. now i understand why things will never change :( i wish they will, but i really dont see any hope in the horizont..
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!
    ~LaughingTrendy
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maintenance is now completed.

see you all in-game

Qapla!
This discussion has been closed.