test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (June 19, 2014) [Complete!]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, June 19th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Unmelting snowballs on Risa...

...swimsuits should be allowed on Rura Penthe! :P
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wish we could trade a superior board plus 500 lol's for the new RR board.

I would've never bought a superior board if I knew this was coming.
  • hokeb1hokeb1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »

Quote: Romulan Republic Powerboards have been added for Romulan Captains.

If players have already purchased their faction specific Powerboard, they may be traded in for free for the Romulan version at the vendor.
    Romulan captains will going forward be able to purchase both the Romulan Republic Powerboard and their chosen faction’s Powerboard.
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, June 19th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

About time we were allowed to use party items on the party planet. Cheers!
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hokeb1 wrote: »
    Quote: Romulan Republic Powerboards have been added for Romulan Captains.

If players have already purchased their faction specific Powerboard, they may be traded in for free for the Romulan version at the vendor.
    Romulan captains will going forward be able to purchase both the Romulan Republic Powerboard and their chosen faction’s Powerboard.

Yes. I saw this.

I said superior powerboards, not factional ones.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I wasn't going to buy one at all, and just deal with having a slow board, which was good enough to get me 1st place once, but now that my chosen Faction (Romulan Republic) has one I will.

Also, I am happy to have Romulan Liberated Borg summer outfit/swimsuit fixes, hopefully boot pallet fixes will be coming soon as well.

I will say that the wording on the patch note for the board concerns me, it should say chosen Ally, not chosen Faction. You chose your faction at character creation, you chose your ally at level 10.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Your patch notes are good and you should feel good.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Still no answer on my question : Will KDF characters or KDF aligned ones be able to wear the swimsuits when the event is over ??? Feds and alies do have access to Risa the whole year on :mad:
    edited June 2014
    Still no answer on my question : Will KDF characters or KDF aligned ones be able to wear the swimsuits when the event is over ??? Feds and alies do have access to Risa the whole year on :mad:

Not sure if you've been paying attention to current events, but the KDF has a cease-fire with the Federation. You can go to the Sirius Sector block and Risa any time you want to at any point of the year.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm glad to see these fixes. They are very welcome. Now I need to build another tower to see what the Romulan looks like. Since I kept seeing the KDF one.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Not sure if you've been paying attention to current events, but the KDF has a cease-fire with the Federation. You can go to the Sirius Sector block and Risa any time you want to at any point of the year.

Not noticed it yet
    edited June 2014
    Not noticed it yet

Run the mission "A New Accord" and when you are finished, you will notice the traffic control person at the Sirius Sector block border will say you are permitted to enter due to the cease-fire.

You don't need Raiding Party anymore.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    These patch notes are very good and you should feel warm and fuzzy.

Also, I shall bring my best jokes for the party.

Hail Ba'al!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    So my LibBorg Romulan captains can now definitely wear all of the Risa clothing/swimsuits?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Run the mission "A New Accord" and when you are finished, you will notice the traffic control person at the Sirius Sector block border will say you are permitted to enter due to the cease-fire.

Really? I haven't noticed.

This is excellent news, indeed. :)
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Party Poppers, Subspace Party Amplifiers, Unmelting Snowballs, and Breen Biothermal Dampeners can now be used on Risa.

Who's blasted idea was this?:mad:
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Whoever it was, thank you. They should have been allowed from the start. Why party items weren't allowed on the party planet is beyond me.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2014

Mmmm, That is not entirely accurate, tried that on my KDF prior to summer event you can get to Risa , due to the Jenolean Accords cease-fire, but you can still not beam down without the correct Marauding level unlocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    Whoever it was, thank you. They should have been allowed from the start. Why party items weren't allowed on the party planet is beyond me.

Snowballs and icecubes on Risa beach.... that's just wrong. That makes no sense. Snowballs on a tropical beach?

Whoever made this patch, failed in elementary geography.

Let me make this clear: Snow and ice doesn't happen on a tropical beach, it happens on an iced-over beach!

What's next, ice-skating on the water?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Snowballs and icecubes on Risa beach.... that's just wrong. That makes no sense. Snowballs on a tropical beach?

Whoever made this patch, failed in elementary geography.

Let me make this clear: Snow and ice doesn't happen on a tropical beach, it happens on an iced-over beach!

What's next, ice-skating on the water?

I found a snowman in the water at the powerboard race start line once. So, for me, the worst has already kinda happened. ;)
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for restoring the bonus marks event.

Good patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Same. I appreciate the board being added, but if someone gave us a little heads up that this was coming, I would've bought the Federation board instead of a normal superior. Oh well, not like I don't have plenty of favors...
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So yeah, nice to see stuff getting attention. Now about those graphics and FPS problems still affecting a lot of players since S9 that still isn't in known issues. I just want to play. :(
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Another productive maintenance time I see !

Seriously 2.5 hours for this ?
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014

I'm glad, they should have always been allowed.

As for snowballs on Risa, people seem to forget the minor detail that these aren't any old snowballs, they're Q enhanced Unmelting Snowballs :P
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    Another productive maintenance time I see !

Seriously 2.5 hours for this ?

indeed cryptic seem to have lost their way tbh :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • tucker84tucker84 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What about the bug that some KDF chars (or all of them?) cannot see their floater, while wearing swimwear/ off duty clothing?
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    About time we were allowed to use party items on the party planet. Cheers!

Besides the snowballs, im tired of seeing disco balls in Risa. I wonder when these stupid items will removed for good, seriously. And snowballs on Risa?? seriously?? wat can u expect from a game made for kids lol.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    tucker84 wrote: »
    What about the bug that some KDF chars (or all of them?) cannot see their floater, while wearing swimwear/ off duty clothing?

That seems to be a bug with certain costume slots. I created new Off Duty slots for my Risa Wear and I can now see my Floater/Powerboard. Still, the issue needs to be addressed with those costume slots.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Besides the snowballs, im tired of seeing disco balls in Risa. I wonder why these stupid items will removed for good, seriously. And snowballs on Risa?? seriously?? wat can u expect from a game made for kids lol.

When will they be removed from the game? Considering they added in Doffs that give bonuses to disco ball dancing? Never.

And Q-created Never Melting Snowballs on a summer resort makes sense. Since it's Q. I could use some of those at my job in Walmart's Gardening Center. It'd make the weather bearable at least.
This discussion has been closed.