Install Arc
Options

Missing KDF Assets

13»

Comments

• Options
    kryptkprkryptkpr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The fight for more or fixed KDF uniform options has been going on since STO released 4 years ago. Depressingly, we are in the same exact state of almost no uniform options across all playable species as when the game released.
    artan42 wrote: »
    It makes me sad :(.

I completely agree, we begged and begged for a KDF skirt, we finally get one and its in the outrageously over expensive Lobi Store where that one item for a single toon costs more than half the ships do. Its actually quite pathetic :/
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Coming soon as a free uniform near you...

The Bortasq Skirt!

14511607575_2f5c76cd1b_o.png
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just so you guys know, there is no "hidden dev tailor." A lot of this stuff isn't actually set up to scale with players and is just a statically-scaled part of a model into a player-usable costume part. There may be a few things that ARE scalable but just were removed/not added, but probably for good reason. :P
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mvp333 wrote: »
    Just so you guys know, there is no "hidden dev tailor." A lot of this stuff isn't actually set up to scale with players and is just a statically-scaled part of a model into a player-usable costume part. There may be a few things that ARE scalable but just were removed/not added, but probably for good reason. :P

Ummm .. .So you've never been to a Klingon Fleet Starbase then? And you've never seen a Gorn then? I think that't your hypothesis is very sketchy ... Considering that ALL STO cutscenes are rendered using the in-game engine and thus not "custom built" plus the sheer variety of "mashups" on Klingon Starbases, also makes this seem ... unlikely.

However ... That Skirt looks totallly awesome ... Anyone got pics of the new boots yet?

Also, just a heads up ... Our long suffering friend in the STO art team, the inestimable "callevista" has replied in Havelock's thread, that some fixes are being sent through to testing, and that they are also investigating the missing KHG armor parts that some players have mentioned.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Anything for the Expansion coming up?
    I'd love to cross off more than just the Bortas uniforms from this list :D.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    themic609themic609 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mvp333 wrote: »

Sorry to necro this but I'm pretty sure that they do scale with NPCs. I've seen NPCS with scaled clothes listed in the assets pic. I'm pretty sure the reason we don't have access to many items is because it could have been specific to Lifers etc. Or just forgotten witch is why we should keep egging on the devs to give the klinks something for once. It's literally just a bit of code. No dev has ever commented on it either.. Witch is annoying. :(
    "Helm Prepare Maneuver Circle Target Alpha, Tactical Prepare BFAW3 and mash Spacebar"

• Options
    edited January 2015
    themic609 wrote: »
    Sorry to necro this but I'm pretty sure that they do scale with NPCs. I've seen NPCS with scaled clothes listed in the assets pic. I'm pretty sure the reason we don't have access to many items is because it could have been specific to Lifers etc. Or just forgotten witch is why we should keep egging on the devs to give the klinks something for once. It's literally just a bit of code. No dev has ever commented on it either.. Witch is annoying. :(

I know the Gorn stuff do, I dressed my alien KDF captain in Gorn rags in the LoR beta.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    how does one make a TOS gorn costume and head layout? or does cryptic just ignore the gorn.
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    how does one make a TOS gorn costume and head layout? or does cryptic just ignore the gorn.

The old Gorn models were 'kinda TOS like. But also TRIBBLE.

sto-gorn-old-1.jpg

#TASforSTO