test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing KDF Assets

artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
This isn?t a request for new costumes or to report bugs with KDF costumes, but rather to see if a few already existing hair, cloths, and other options could be given to the player.

This would be a good way of increasing the KDFs stuff for free (for the Devs) as the assets already exist and work with the KDF NPC's.

Part one: Nausicaan, Orion, and Gorn

12542704885_971afc3fcb_k.jpg

1) Nausicaan Thigh Armour.
2) Nausicaan Arm Armour.
3) Nausicaan slicked back hair with a split fringe.
4) Nausicaan slicked back hair with a single fringe.
5) Gorn- Chain Bracers, Chain Loincloth and finally Chain ankle attachments.
6) Orion females- bare feet option, loinclothless bikini bottom, ankle bracelet with bare feet, that necklace, and (As shown on the trill) the Orion belt options separate to the loincloth / bikini bottoms.

Part two: Klingons

Image coming soon (TM)

Part three: Diplomacy
Unlike the Federation, upon unlocking tier 4 of the diplomacy commendation (marauding), the KDF doesn't get an option for an unlocked uniform (i.e. the Nemesis dress uniform).

As an alternative how about unlocking the KDFs race specific uniform and armour options for the tier 4 character, so a Klingon male 'Marauder' would have access to (unlocked) the Nausicaan Armour, and the Gorn and Orion leather stuff.
22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
'...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
'...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support this. There are so many costumes and assets just rotting in a hidden Dev Tailor and only being used occasionally for npcs.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I can't edit the post, so I'm going to put part two here.

12544884565_bd2f64faec_k.jpg
    1) The most obvious on to ask for here, the Long coat.
    2) The throw rug (:grin:) as worn by the High Council.
    3) This chain-link baldric.
    4) This left shoulder worn baldric.
    5) The decorated layered shoulder pad, this is worn by the Transporter Officer in the First City.
    6) Pointlessly gender restricted parts, both the leather collar and both round shoulder pads have no reason to be female only. The Klingon loincloth option would look fine on a male (we already have the academy loincloth for males). And finally the 3 boot options that female NPC's have but female KDF players don't.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I never got why they addet so much species exclusive stuff on kdf side.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    gurluas wrote: »
    I support this. There are so many costumes and assets just rotting in a hidden Dev Tailor and only being used occasionally for npcs.

I agree, there are many that would be good for off duty cloths or additional armour pieces as well.

Shame :(.
    I never got why they added so much species exclusive stuff on kdf side.

I suppose it was to balance out the fact that the Feds have so many species. With the exception of the Bajoran earrings there are no fed species specific costume pieces, but many species.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    velhymstovelhymsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just made a Nausicaan Engineer. Didn't even realize the racial armor options existed. They are pretty awesome, would love to see the missing arm/thigh pieces added into the mix. :D
  • Options
    velhymstovelhymsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The idea for High Council / Dahar Master NPC costumes being available in lieu of Veteran Dress uniforms would be pretty fantastic as well.

From a lore standpoint, anyone seemingly addressing the high council often adorned some form of drapery, so it fits. :)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, the 7 of 9 cybernetic bits are female only..... even though a very similar piece exists that isn't....

Then there's the Benzite vapor dispenser.... Benzites only.

But yeah.... much weirdness in the KDF costumes.

I'd actually be comfortable with it if the Nausicaan face mask and Cuirass were usable by other KDF races. the mask kinda makes sense, but the cuirass is just a funny looking armor...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nausicaan NPC's have ears? Really need that added, too.

Also, the new hairstyle that K'mtar has would be a nice option for Klingon and Nausicaans.

8GbRd9S.jpg

1) The most obvious on to ask for here, the Long coat.

I reckon the Long coat would work well as a Marauding T4 reward, like how the Feds get the T4 Diplomacy outfit.
  • Options
    warchunwarchun Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Rest of the Bortasq costume would be nice, a couple days ago decided to give a gift to my fellow fleet mates by singlehandedly filling out evrything neaded for the tailor SB project just to get extreamy dissapointed when i could not find a sash, shoulders and other feet/chest pice options for the costume
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the latest FE really shows off how much of the botasqu uniform we DONT get
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    velhymsto wrote: »
    Just made a Nausicaan Engineer. Didn't even realize the racial armor options existed. They are pretty awesome, would love to see the missing arm/thigh pieces added into the mix. :D

I sometimes wish I had rolled a Nausicaan.
    Well, the 7 of 9 cybernetic bits are female only..... even though a very similar piece exists that isn't....

Then there's the Benzite vapor dispenser.... Benzites only.

But yeah.... much weirdness in the KDF costumes.

I'd actually be comfortable with it if the Nausicaan face mask and Cuirass were usable by other KDF races. the mask kinda makes sense, but the cuirass is just a funny looking armor...

The 7of9 stuff shouldn't be female only, nor indeed Fed only, the Lobi Ferengi stuff, the Tholian silk stuff, the councillor, T'Pol and 7of9 costumes should be KDF as well (and Rom).

I can understand the vapouriser being Benzite only, but that is one of the only ones I can think of, maybe the Reman goggles.
    kishodar wrote: »
    Nausicaan NPC's have ears? Really need that added, too.

Also, the new hairstyle that K'mtar has would be a nice option for Klingon and Nausicaans.

I reckon the Long coat would work well as a Marauding T4 reward, like how the Feds get the T4 Diplomacy outfit.

I don't have a Nausicaan captain so I didn't notice that :D.

That hair was Worfs before the revamp, it's also Kahles's hair, looks a bit unrealistic, but still better than the deadlocks.

I think the coat would be better as a vice admiral reward like the fed version.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Part four: Armour and fleet.

9570553824_4180f92ea0_o.png

Bortasqu fleet uniforms. (ignore the Korath uniform on the far left)

1) We currently have the basic short tunic, basic trousers, and basic boots (the first bortas model) basic gauntlets / bracers, and basic belt.
    2) There is a huge amount of customisation here, even more than the Fed version (adds a longer jacket and a combadge), four collars, four belts, four boots, four gauntlets / bracers, four shoulder armour, 2 coats, one sash / baldric, and one set of trousers.
    3) The Bortasqu crew in the featured episode and in the 'Day of Honour' event are wearing them, how much more advertising do you need?
    4) There is also a Bortas skirt that I have no images of sorry.

10630118794_266e337b3a_o.png

Honour Guard Armour

1) Mark XII armour.
    2) Mark XII adapted armour (Quv)
    3) Mark XII elite armour (Hos)
    4) ? armour (Che'ron) Currently displayed on some security teems in fleet starbases as well as the Photonic Tactical BOFF.
    5) The be'ves window (not shown as I don't have a female character, sorry).

#TASforSTO

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can tinker with female options by costuming a Boff.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kahbalkahbal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hoods. For the love of god, hoods. In the Battlezone, you can see an Orion NPC carrying a Bat'leth, wearing a KDF Honor Guard costume and he has a hood. I've been told there are also Lethean NPCs that also use this hood. If someone wants to go hunt him for screenshots before I can on Thursday, I usually see him roaming around the City sector. But that hood + the leather armor + bat'leth = AWESOME. Obviously, otherwise the devs wouldn't have chose that fantastic combo :D

Hoods. Because why not?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kahbal wrote: »
    Hoods. For the love of god, hoods. In the Battlezone, you can see an Orion NPC carrying a Bat'leth, wearing a KDF Honor Guard costume and he has a hood. I've been told there are also Lethean NPCs that also use this hood. If someone wants to go hunt him for screenshots before I can on Thursday, I usually see him roaming around the City sector. But that hood + the leather armor + bat'leth = AWESOME. Obviously, otherwise the devs wouldn't have chose that fantastic combo :D

Hoods. Because why not?

There are only 2 hoods ingame I think, the Reman one and the NPC Reman one.
    It's used by Vulcan, Reman, Lethean, and a few one off NPC's.
    I didn't add it to the list as I didn't think of it as a Lethean costume piece.

12773241873_2dfcdb4006_o.png

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Part five: Klingon hair.

12775048705_08a8e627b5_o.png

1) A common Klingon hair, this is used on Kahless (pre season 8), K'mtar, Worf (pre season 8), Hamlet, and a few random NPC's
    2) Worf, one of the Devs hinted that this may become available to players shortly after it was released.
    3) Nausicaan ruffled hair, it's a high forehead style and is made to fit round the Nausicaan head crest, so should fit round a Klingons head.
    5) (should be 4 :P) Kahless's new hair, we can wear his ridges but not his hair!?

Klingon hair ingame seems to be limited to high forehead styles, there may even be some Cardassian styles that may work here.

Most importantly Klingons need a new hair style (I know I said this would't be a request thread but it's necessary).
    Look here (Nausicaans), here (Orions, most females anyway), and almost any of these here (Klingons) and you will see the same sholder length, black, curly, mane of hair.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120626221234/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/8/8e/Kahless.jpg/292px-Kahless.jpg

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20051008121728/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/0/09/Nausicaan_bodyguard_1.jpg/185px-Nausicaan_bodyguard_1.jpg

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20041031181903/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/c/ca/Orion_slavegirl_ENT.jpg/150px-Orion_slavegirl_ENT.jpg

(Apologies for the links here, the site says I'm only allowed four images and seems unable to see I have four).

#TASforSTO

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wish there would add more outfits but i starting to think there make a alot of stuff for there server only.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support this :) Why is it so hard to give to players what is already there on NPCs? We have been asking for this for who knows how long... :( Jeeeez :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, yes, please! Use/fix existing assets to offer what seems to be an expansive increase in availability with minimal effort. I agree.

And unlock some species/gender-locked options that have no reason to be so. If my gorn wants to wear an Orion bikini with sandals and a strappy thong, LET HER.

Yeah, I said "her". Where are the female Gorn, anyway?
  • Options
    hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's not an existing KDF asset but something I think really needs to be added to the game is the distinctive House of Duras ridges.

Why, you ask?

Well, STO's own member of the House of Duras, Ja'rod, is forced to use some of the plain, default ridges, when every member of his house in canon had the same, rounded head ridges. I think Ja'rod's ridges aren't even the same between missions...

And naturally, if this were done, it could be given to players as well! We have Kahless and House of Mogh ridges, why not House of Duras?

Good for NPCs, good for players! It's a win-win! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    KDF definitelly could use more stuff... I main Fed, but it makes me kind of sad, that they are lacking on a variety... <.<
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I support everything the OP has suggested, especially the completion of the Honour Guard costume pieces. Restricting any sort of uniform to NPC's makes no sense what so ever especially when the KDF side is sorely lacking with costumes.

To be honest I want to see the bugs fixed and more KDF uniform options more than another ship, season, rep grind, lock box or anything else in the game the devs think should be added. Get the game up to speed before adding more.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I completely agree! We really need this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It's not an existing KDF asset but something I think really needs to be added to the game is the distinctive House of Duras ridges.

I'm not even going to touch the ridicules lack of canon: hairstyles (i.e. none), ridges (possibly 4), uniforms (not ONE single BLOODY one can be fully made), or other costumes (Kang, Kor, Koloth's DS9 robes, K'Ehleyr's clothes etc.).
    :D
    KDF definitelly could use more stuff... I main Fed, but it makes me kind of sad, that they are lacking on a variety... <.<

I barely use my KDF character but I hate the lack of stuff they have.
    Restricting any sort of uniform to NPC's makes no sense what so ever especially when the KDF side is sorely lacking with costumes.

This is certainly my main point, it's a very short sighted thing to do really.
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    I completely agree! We really need this!

:)

In other news, in the last live stream Branflakes popped up in chat for a bit and answered two of my questions regarding this thread.

12933375845_b1e409dfae_o.png

Hopeful, but not very reassuring :rolleyes:.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /signed

I support this with everything I have. I've been waiting for the release of the currently very restricted Klingon uniforms ever since I noticed it in the first place.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, with regard to Orion females, note the use of Mirror Universe TOS Federation costumes by Orion females in "The Night of the Comet." I would like to see those available for Orion female player characters.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    Also, with regard to Orion females, note the use of Mirror Universe TOS Federation costumes by Orion females in "The Night of the Comet." I would like to see those available for Orion female player characters.

Please? :(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm back with another huge asset missing for the KDF that should have been in from day one.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3357/13091766863_e5cb7d45c6_o.png

The fingerless gloves, they are available to KDF allied Romulans, but not to the KDF proper.

Next is my proposal for uniform options rather than assets.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/13091770063_605c785d80_o.png

1) The Klingon Dahar Master long coat as a KDF alternative to the Fed Vice Admiral coat.
    2) KDF Marauding uniforms (shown is a Klingon in Nausicaan armour), all other combinations should also be available.
    3) My alien character in Gorn costume pieces (from the LOR tailor break down), just to show how cool it looks.
    4) Veteran options, the existing ones as well as the 'Throw Rug' and robe (the off duty version).

The fed versions are added for comparison.
    URL

Then there is this :).
    A little verbal (er...written) teaser - I'm sitting on more stuff than you're expecting :P Think you'll love it.
    artan42 wrote: »
    Would any of them be here :D?
    No, but that is a very helpful thread and we are interested in "getting our house in order" while generating new assets.
    artan42 wrote: »
    Thank you. All I really needed to know was that a dev had seen it :).

#TASforSTO

• Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please? :(

You must admit that our available choices for Orion females are rather limited, and mostly ... stripperific (unless we choose the mostly bulky and mostly ugly Klingon options). I'm not upset with those "stripperific" costumes, but more options would be very welcome. I have many costume slots, but most of the costumes I have for my Orion are just variations on the same theme: battle bra and loincloth, different colored battlebra and loincloth, different colored battlebra and loincloth, different colored battlebra and loincloth, ... bustier and loincloth, cut-out bustier and loincloth, ... battlebra and reinforced pants, different colored battlebra and reinforced pants, ... TOS Klingon uniform top and loincloth, ... formalwear evening gown, ... battlebra and Risa floral belt/bikini bottoms, ... Winter crop jacket and Warrior Skirt, ...

And with the color limitations, there are only so many variations I can make on the same costume, whereas my Vulcan has multiple costumes of multiple types and some which are identical except for being different colors. And my main Romulan (I have 3 Romulans) has even more than my Vulcan, although some items are unjustifiably limited in color options by virtue of having allied with the KDF.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    You must admit that our available choices for Orion females are rather limited, and mostly ... stripperific (unless we choose the mostly bulky and mostly ugly Klingon options). I'm not upset with those "stripperific" costumes, but more options would be very welcome. I have many costume slots, but most of the costumes I have for my Orion are just variations on the same theme: battle bra and loincloth, different colored battlebra and loincloth, different colored battlebra and loincloth, different colored battlebra and loincloth, ... bustier and loincloth, cut-out bustier and loincloth, ... battlebra and reinforced pants, different colored battlebra and reinforced pants, ... TOS Klingon uniform top and loincloth, ... formalwear evening gown, ... battlebra and Risa floral belt/bikini bottoms, ... Winter crop jacket and Warrior Skirt, ...

And with the color limitations, there are only so many variations I can make on the same costume, whereas my Vulcan has multiple costumes of multiple types and some which are identical except for being different colors. And my main Romulan (I have 3 Romulans) has even more than my Vulcan, although some items are unjustifiably limited in color options by virtue of having allied with the KDF.

Not to mention that the voth stuff doesn't work with the bare chest options for some reason. :confused: