Install Arc

Missing KDF Assets

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Next up:

Part six: Skirts.

13165424975_7a4b43081d_o.png

Considering the KDF only has 3 skirt options (the Lobi ones and the Dyson one) making the Lobi skirts a C-Store purchase would make them more easily obtainable (perhaps a costume pack with the Fed option Rom Skirt).

Next is the missing Bortas Skirt, as shown on a Starbase mannequin.

Here is Kali form the animated series. Quite apart from a request for a purple colour pallet option (and TOS collar ranks, not them damn baldric stripes), is a request for a TOS KDF skirt. Shown on the right are two Fed skirts that would do the job here, either give them to the KDF for free, or make the purchase of these on a Fed character also unlock them on a KDF character.

Part seven: Civilian.

13165535713_abfaabf16e_o.png

I don't know if the Tholian silk stuff is wearable for KDF? If it isn't then it should be. Also the Ferengi jackets, never mind a Gorn in a tux, I want a Gorn in that latinum jacket :D.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gurluas wrote: »
    I support this. There are so many costumes and assets just rotting in a hidden Dev Tailor and only being used occasionally for npcs.

The ones we don't have access to are most likely bugged to the point that NPCs are probably the only ones who can wear them without clipping being a problem. The hair that Nausicaans NPCs use are called "Talaxian 1" and "Talaxian 2." They once made it into the tailor...for a couple weeks. They were just awful. Like the Talaxians themselves, come to think of it.
    edited March 2014
    The ones we don't have access to are most likely bugged to the point that NPCs are probably the only ones who can wear them without clipping being a problem. The hair that Nausicaans NPCs use are called "Talaxian 1" and "Talaxian 2." They once made it into the tailor...for a couple weeks. They were just awful. Like the Talaxians themselves, come to think of it.

KDF assets ingame are already shot to buggery. The dreadlocks (i.e. the only KDF hair) clips through all the ingame shoulder pads.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    artan42 wrote: »

I don't know if the Tholian silk stuff is wearable for KDF? If it isn't then it should be. Also the Ferengi jackets, never mind a Gorn in a tux, I want a Gorn in that latinum jacket :D.

I don't understand why the Ferengi Jackets are KDF unavailable:confused:.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Next up:

Considering the KDF only has 3 skirt options (the Lobi ones and the Dyson one) making the Lobi skirts a C-Store purchase would make them more easily obtainable (perhaps a costume pack with the Fed option Rom Skirt).

Here is Kali form the animated series. Quite apart from a request for a purple colour pallet option (and TOS collar ranks, not them damn baldric stripes), is a request for a TOS KDF skirt. Shown on the right are two Fed skirts that would do the job here, either give them to the KDF for free, or make the purchase of these on a Fed character also unlock them on a KDF character.
    Perhaps make Kali's skirt textured to look like leather? It's hard to tell in the animated series what materials things are, but in TAS Kali's outfit seemed to be the same material as Kor's. But Kor's TAS outfit seemed to be a modification of the one he wore in TOS. The pants of this outfit well... it's hard to be sure what they were made of exactly, but it didn't look like regular cloth.

On a side note, I want those boots.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Perhaps make Kali's skirt textured to look like leather? It's hard to tell in the animated series what materials things are, but in TAS Kali's outfit seemed to be the same material as Kor's. But Kor's TAS outfit seemed to be a modification of the one he wore in TOS. The pants of this outfit well... it's hard to be sure what they were made of exactly, but it didn't look like regular cloth.

Or how about make textures for all the above? :P
    edited March 2014
    Or how about make textures for all the above? :P
    I suppose that would work as well. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited March 2014
    I suppose that would work as well. :P

It certainly would be the best option. :3
    edited March 2014
    I don't understand why the Ferengi Jackets are KDF unavailable:confused:.

I wish I could find the pic of my Gorn in it form the LoR breakdown :(.

On a side note, I want those boots.

Consider it a stopgap solution.

The KDF TOS uniforms are pathetic ATM.

From another thread.
    Just a slight correction. ZERO canon KDF uniforms can be recreated ingame, NONE.

TOS: Rank pins on the chest missing, boots missing, the top and vest are one piece, the vest is missing the horizontal lines, the trousers are too tight, the female belt is on the waist not hips, female dress is missing, the baldric is on the wrong side, TOS KDF insignia is missing.

TAS: All the TOS problems plus, Female skirt is missing, no purple colour options.

TOS Films: Klaa's open variant missing, Chang's padded style missing, the warrior padded style missing, Gorkon's style missing, Vixis's version missing, and more.

TNG: Basic warriors closed version missing, captain's variants present but missing the fastener, pouches on the right chest, the full shoulder pad missing, standard warriors baldric missing, Works baldrics missing, Martok's baldric, the padded grey armour is the same piece as the furry sleeves, Gawrons coat is missing, female armour is missing, Duras sisters custom armour is missing, duras sisters skirts are missing, the chainmail under shirt is missing (well it's called 'armoured collar 2'). I can go on.

Future: Worf's and Korath's future (endgame style) uniforms are missing, future Worf's baldric is missing.

Gorn: All three Gorn seen in ST wear the same dress / tunic thing, the TOS / TAS one has circular patterns, and the ENT one is brown leather, even the STO Gorn bracers don't match the ENT
    bracers.

Orion: The TAS uniform is missing entirely, Harrad-Sar's uniform is missing, Dunno about the females, it's hard to see what they are wearing :D.

Lethean: No ingame uniform options for either Letheans seen.

Nausicaan: They don't have uniforms as such so STO actually improved there :eek:.

#TASforSTO

edited March 2014
    Well that's pretty thorough.. :) What about Maltz? From that headshot of him it looks like we have most of his outfit, except the baldric. I like the pointy things on his baldric.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited March 2014
    Well that's pretty thorough.. :) What about Maltz? From that headshot of him it looks like we have most of his outfit, except the baldric. I like the pointy things on his baldric.

That baldric is the standard warriors one lasting from TMP through to VOY, I also like the blade thing. The shoulder pad is not ingame, it's a one piece thing, the shoulder pads that Kurge is wearing (as well as the mail undershirt thing) are both ingame. Crptics old answer was that a one piece shoulder pad wouldn't work, however the Remans have the Nemesis one and the NPC Remans have a similar one.

Also I think the collar is a bit different to the TNG style one.
    There is also the holster string on the opposite shoulder, and those ridges :P.

#TASforSTO

• xstarhammerxxstarhammerx Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm glad that you fine folks are at least as dissatisfied with available costume options as I am, and in many cases, better at pointing out good examples with pics. Keep up the good work, and keep pressing the Devs on this. This game grew out of what used to be City of Heroes, and there costuming growth needs to keep moving forward like it did.
    edited April 2014
    I just looked through my Reman and his BOFFs costume pieces (I'm not mentioning the ridicules amount of clothing options that seem to be split between male roms, male rems, female roms, and female rems almost arbitrarily).

I found a few pieces that could be opened up to the KDF:

13779011963_d68cc176e0_o.png

From left to right: Chain bracers / gauntlets, worn trousers with a chain belt thing, tall leather boots with buckles, a patchwork jacket with a chain shirt underneath (the other two had pointy shoulders, not very Klingon), the Engineer costume, and finally and option for braces (not suspenders :P) as well.

None of these are really Romulan costume pieces, so they are not loosing anything if these are also opened up for the KDF.

#TASforSTO

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just looked through my Reman and his BOFFs costume pieces (I'm not mentioning the ridicules amount of clothing options that seem to be split between male roms, male rems, female roms, and female rems almost arbitrarily).

I found a few pieces that could be opened up to the KDF:

13779011963_d68cc176e0_o.png

From left to right: Chain bracers / gauntlets, worn trousers with a chain belt thing, tall leather boots with buckles, a patchwork jacket with a chain shirt underneath (the other two had pointy shoulders, not very Klingon), the Engineer costume, and finally and option for braces (not suspenders :P) as well.

None of these are really Romulan costume pieces, so they are not loosing anything if these are also opened up for the KDF.

The leather boots with buckles I've only seen available on the female reman bridge officer Veril you get from the 'Crossroads at Crateris' episode. I forgot what the boots are labeled as in the tailor without logging into the game. My male reman allied with fed and female romulan allied with KDF don't have them available.

But those boots weren't new or exclusive when LoR launched. Go on a fed character, set the pants to 'Tight' and select the 'Section 31' boots and compare the 2.
    edited April 2014
    The leather boots with buckles I've only seen available on the female reman bridge officer Veril you get from the 'Crossroads at Crateris' episode. I forgot what the boots are labeled as in the tailor without logging into the game. My male reman allied with fed and female romulan allied with KDF don't have them available.

But those boots weren't new or exclusive when LoR launched. Go on a fed character, set the pants to 'Tight' and select the 'Section 31' boots and compare the 2.

The one I took a pic of were from Satra (The Rom Sci BOFF).

The Boots are labled as: Boots - Leather Buckled, and do seem simaler to the S31 boots.

#TASforSTO

edited April 2014
    Now the kits are part of the main tailor we have lots of hip and arm attachment pieces. Ay way we can get the Nausicaan armour added there?

12542704885_971afc3fcb_k.jpg

1) Nausicaan Thigh Armour.
    2) Nausicaan Arm Armour.

3) Nausicaan slicked back hair with a split fringe.
    4) Nausicaan slicked back hair with a single fringe.
    5) Gorn- Chain Bracers, Chain Loincloth and finally Chain ankle attachments.
    6) Orion females- bare feet option, loinclothless bikini bottom, ankle bracelet with bare feet, that necklace, and (As shown on the trill) the Orion belt options separate to the loincloth / bikini bottoms.

#TASforSTO

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Whenever I think about how KDF have always been neglected in STO it makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, significant improvements have been made, and I would agree that they are a full faction now. However, they are still (and sadly will always remain), in many ways, the last-place red-headed-stepchild of the game. :rolleyes:

I agree with the OP. These assets are in the game, they should be available to KDF players.

I've never been a fan of so many race-restricted uniforms.

Specific issues that I wish were resolved:

1) There should be a KDF (Dahar Master) Long Coat.
    2) There needs to be a Marauder "Pirate" (or other) costume unlock upon reaching T4 (similar to the Fed's Ambassador uniform)
    3) Unlock the missing Bortas'qu uniform bits that are advertized on the manikin next to the tailor (and seen in various missions), but aren't available.
    4) Fingerless gloves.
    5) Orions need access to better footwear besides sandals (actually I'd love more non-spikey KDF footwear availability in general).
    6) More/better hair options.

Make it so!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited April 2014
    Specific issues that I wish were resolved:

1) There should be a KDF (Dahar Master) Long Coat.
    2) There needs to be a Marauder "Pirate" (or other) costume unlock upon reaching T4 (similar to the Fed's Ambassador uniform)
    3) Unlock the missing Bortas'qu uniform bits that are advertized on the manikin next to the tailor (and seen in various missions), but aren't available.
    4) Fingerless gloves.
    5) Orions need access to better footwear besides sandals (actually I'd love more non-spikey KDF footwear availability in general).
    6) More/better hair options.

Make it so!

A good summary of the more important ones.

Now: Pointlessly Fed only costumes.

14071939783_77c0abc5d1_o.png

The councillor costume, 7of9 costume (with short boots), and the Vulcan costume, a 3 are non uniforms and could easily be made available for Klingon characters.

#TASforSTO

• protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A good summary of the more important ones.

Now: Pointlessly Fed only costumes.

14071939783_77c0abc5d1_o.png

The councillor costume, 7of9 costume (with short boots), and the Vulcan costume, a 3 are non uniforms and could easily be made available for Klingon characters.

I agree, those could all be viewed as generic (not faction-specific) and extended to KDF and Romulan players.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So from reading this awesome thread ... And reading many, many others, it seems Klingon and Romulan Tailor options are a hot mess!

So Cryptic, Devs, PWE ... NAME YOUR PRICE!

I (almost) Don't care what price tag you put on it, I think I can safely say that if you create it, package it and put it in the C-Store ... WE'D BUY IT!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually disagree on the Counselor, Seven of Nine, and T'Pol uniform options.

Seven's costume is supposed to be a sort of Dermaplast suit, a Federation medical Technology. The Klingons do need an equivalent, but not a copy and paste.

It has never been shown that Klingons would actually wear a 24th century casual Human/Betazoid style or a 22nd Century Vulcan's clothes.

It would be far better to use the aforementioned K'Ehleyr's outstanding wardrobe. Hard enough to be Klingon, but sleek enough to be 24th/25th century.
    kishodar wrote: »
    Nausicaan NPC's have ears? Really need that added, too.

Also, the new hairstyle that K'mtar has would be a nice option for Klingon and Nausicaans.

8GbRd9S.jpg

I reckon the Long coat would work well as a Marauding T4 reward, like how the Feds get the T4 Diplomacy outfit.
    The Long Coat as a Marauding T4 reward is an excellent idea.
    You can tinker with female options by costuming a Boff.....
    I haven't seen the Be'ves option on my female Klingon Boffs at all, I've unlocked the Honor Guard uniform. Is it on the Adapted?

Next up:

Part seven: Civilian.

Skirts Skirts Skirts

We need the TOS Skirt that Mara wore. We need Lursa and B'etor's epic armored long skirt with the thigh high slits in the front. Klingon women wear dresses.

We also need the ladies' hairstyles. Specifically Vixis, Valkris, and Azetbur's. I'm amazed by how little of the Film's outfits are represented.

As a matter of fact on the subject of formal wear if you want a Klingon female's party dress, look no further than Valkris.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can't edit the post, so I'm going to put part two here.

Part two: Klingons
    12544884565_bd2f64faec_k.jpg
    1) The most obvious on to ask for here, the Long coat.
    2) The throw rug (:grin:) as worn by the High Council.
    3) This chain-link baldric.
    4) This left shoulder worn baldric.
    5) The decorated layered shoulder pad, this is worn by the Transporter Officer in the First City.
    6) Pointlessly gender restricted parts, both the leather collar and both round shoulder pads have no reason to be female only. The Klingon loincloth option would look fine on a male (we already have the academy loincloth for males). And finally the 3 boot options that female NPC's have but female KDF players don't.

Definately support this. Longcoats!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I actually disagree on the Counselor, Seven of Nine, and T'Pol uniform options.
    Seven's costume is supposed to be a sort of Dermaplast suit, a Federation medical Technology. The Klingons do need an equivalent, but not a copy and paste.
    It has never been shown that Klingons would actually wear a 24th century casual Human/Betazoid style or a 22nd Century Vulcan's clothes.

Well no, but it would be nice.
    It would be far better to use the aforementioned K'Ehleyr's outstanding wardrobe. Hard enough to be Klingon, but sleek enough to be 24th/25th century.
    The point of this thread is NOT to ask for new stuff :D. 'Cos we are never gonna get it :P.
    The Long Coat as a Marauding T4 reward is an excellent idea.
    I think it works better as a Admirals coat equivalent.
    Skirts Skirts Skirts

Yup :cool:.

#TASforSTO

edited May 2014
    Well no, but it would be nice.

The point of this thread is NOT to ask for new stuff :D. 'Cos we are never gonna get it :P.
    Good points good points, but it'd be nice to stick in their heads.

That said, of all the things that could've been shared before the split, the Seven of Nine outfit would work best.
    I think it works better as a Admirals coat equivalent.
    I'm cool with that.

Sadly to ask for Kamarag's gear would basically be a new outfit as there's no way to duplicate that with existing materials.

UNLESS they gave us Worf's gear. That would help.

Yup :cool:.
    They've got the long skirts in the game too.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's been mentioned that Orions (and KDF in general) could really use more footwear options that aren't bulky spiked boots. What I haven't seen brought up on that front is that, while Orions get sandals, the sandals are needlessly restricted (as far as I can tell) from being worn with skirts (the whole 2 LOBI skirts we get). There are obviously no clipping issues possible here, so I don't know why the sandals can't be worn with skirts. (Or for that matter, with off-duty clothing either.)

It would be great to remove those restrictions on sandals, as a quick way to give us just a little bit more freedom, at least.
    Live long, and prosper.
    edited May 2014
    ayradyss wrote: »
    It's been mentioned that Orions (and KDF in general) could really use more footwear options that aren't bulky spiked boots. What I haven't seen brought up on that front is that, while Orions get sandals, the sandals are needlessly restricted (as far as I can tell) from being worn with skirts (the whole 2 LOBI skirts we get). There are obviously no clipping issues possible here, so I don't know why the sandals can't be worn with skirts. (Or for that matter, with off-duty clothing either.)

It would be great to remove those restrictions on sandals, as a quick way to give us just a little bit more freedom, at least.

Can the Klingon warrior's skirt be worn by Boffs?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Warrior's Skirt and Warrior's Decorated Skirt can both be worn by BOffs - unfortunately, they have (or at least had) a rather annoying limitation; they could only be worn with boots, so that meant no Orion BOffs with skirt and sandles. Though, I don't know what the situation for skirts and footwear is at the moment after the whole addition of armor and kit graphics into the tailor...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The fight for more or fixed KDF uniform options has been going on since STO released 4 years ago. Depressingly, we are in the same exact state of almost no uniform options across all playable species as when the game released.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited June 2014
    The fight for more or fixed KDF uniform options has been going on since STO released 4 years ago. Depressingly, we are in the same exact state of almost no uniform options across all playable species as when the game released.

It makes me sad :(.

#TASforSTO

• kryptkprkryptkpr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It makes me sad :(.

I completely agree, we begged and begged for a KDF skirt, we finally get one and its in the outrageously over expensive Lobi Store where that one item for a single toon costs more than half the ships do. Its actually quite pathetic :/