What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• Options
    finemw1finemw1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like to join this channel. I have actually got the character i want in it to 50 yet(though my klink is 50) but i want to fly a sovy and eventually the gal x.my handle is @finemw1
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We so need to do a few STB runs with all BoPs...imagine the cannon fire. O.O

Can I bring my Oberth? If not I have quite a few BoPs I can bring. :D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So Elachi Alert is really easy guys, huh? Haha. Let's try and get a low tier run of this thing in this weekend, before it goes away.
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So Elachi Alert is really easy guys, huh? Haha. Let's try and get a low tier run of this thing in this weekend, before it goes away.

Oh yes, we have got to do that. It feels like they have made it easier since last time, though it is probably because of teamwork, nad co-ordination.

P.S. To anyone interested, I'm logging on any minute now.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just ran a very long Elachi alert, in a TOS Constitution, T'liss, NX, Excelsior, and Rhode Island. Took us about an hour, and rewarded a mighty 7 marks, with 2% efficiancy. It was fun though.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Don't worry, I'm sure we can figure out a strat that works better before the weekend's over.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Don't worry, I'm sure we can figure out a strat that works better before the weekend's over.

Stop flying into the Elachi cresents that are charging in a TOS Constitution?

(How many times can I reply a couple of minutes after you?)

• Options
    kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Stop flying into the Elachi cresents that are charging in a TOS Constitution?

(How many times can I reply a couple of minutes after you?)

That's the worst idea ever.... Why wouldn't you???
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That's the worst idea ever.... Why wouldn't you???

Lets put it this way, it doesn't work well with 10K/12.5K hull.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Lets put it this way, it doesn't work well with 10K/12.5K hull.

T1 Connie hull is OP. Plz nerf.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Since Trizeo brought it up earlier:
    The vast majority of informed sources state that the Galaxy-class is 2,108 feet (642.5 meters) long[...]
    Andrew Probert, who designed the D'deridex-class warbird, intended for it to have a length of 4,440 feet (1,353 meters)

More than twice the length. The in-game scale seems right -- the D'deridex is huge.

Oh, and came across this while looking that up...green phaser beam. ~they're canon~ :P
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That was a fun run today guys. (We ran a story mission with a team of 5- best ship that we had there was the excelsior lvl 30 or whatever) I must say I had a blast, and I genuinely am sorry but happy that y'all waited for my 600 Sec+ load time that once. 07
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh, and came across this while looking that up...green phaser beam. ~they're canon~ :P

That's a Romulan Disruptor Beam. Green Phasers are specific to STO.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    edited June 2014

It's from Contagion -- they call the Romulans' beams phasers in that episode.
    RIKER: Taris, if you've got phaser capability, prepare use them now!
    LAFORGE: Hey, Commander, whether it's Romulan phasers or our own warp engines, we're just as dead.

You didn't expect this series to be consistent with itself, did you?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Of course not. Just try to follow the Stardates.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    fltadmirallancefltadmirallance Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello...

Would like to respectfully request a channel invite considering many of the ideas for this channel I same mentality regarding playstyle in STO.

Toon name in STO is Fleet Admiral Lancelot du Lancelot@devetaki.
    Fleet Admiral
    Knights Of The Federation
  • Options
    thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just what I have been looking for - please send me an invite to @vabben1

Many thanks
  • Options
    duskstrider101duskstrider101 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Shameless plug for an awesome channel. Even if we are flying in undergeared and underperforming ships Klingon side (mostly my bad), and are exploding more then the Tholians, we still have a good time yo!

Normally, the enemy does more exploding. xD
  • Options
    shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Shameless plug number 2. Great bunch of folks.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    FYI... In case I don't get a chance to say so tomorrow, good luck on the Dominion War simulation!

I am usually logging in too late to join you guys in the channel, besides the fact that I was out of town on vacation last week. :)

Take care!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm interested in joining the channel and possibly running some scenarios.
    Gemini Sierra@geminisierra
  • Options
    trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello...

Would like to respectfully request a channel invite considering many of the ideas for this channel I same mentality regarding playstyle in STO.

Toon name in STO is Fleet Admiral Lancelot du Lancelot@devetaki.
    thor759 wrote: »
    Just what I have been looking for - please send me an invite to @vabben1

Many thanks
    I'm interested in joining the channel and possibly running some scenarios.
    Gemini Sierra@geminisierra

Captains 07,

Invites were sent and I believe @devetaki & @geminisierra have already said hi in chat.

Hope to hear from @vabben1 soon.

Thank you for your interest in STB and hopefully it's something that will tickle your ST fancy.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We need Purple phasers. you know, because it's canon. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is relevant to my interests, but 66 pages is a lot to read and this thread dates back some months (possibly leading to outdated information), so here's some questions.

1. How strict is the console/weapon power rule? I'm not exactly packing a full set of Vulnerability Locators or anything, but I don't see a sense of canon as an excuse to not even try to pull my weight in damage. I don't forsee this being an issue since even though I do tend to run 100+ wep power whenever possible, I don't just blindly assign all power to wep/shields, but I'd like a clear answer anyway.

2. What are the exact guidelines on Federation torps? Canonically the Federation uses photon, quantum, and tricobalt torpedos - the latter on newer ships and in limited quantities, respectively. But, say I wanted to use quants on my Cheyenne. Would that be acceptable? It seems sensible to me that given the previous state of war, older ships would be modified to fire modern payloads, but I'd like to hear one way or the other for sure.

3. What torpedo type would be canon for Orions? Right now my Orion uses the hargh'peng torps, but those are honestly more Klngon-specific. Should I just default to photon to be safe?

Other than that, the way I build and fly should jive very well with this community. I gear enough not to suck but I don't stack a mean alpha or number crunch or any of that stuff, and I think it'd be neat to fly with like-minded individuals.
  • Options
    trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Greetings Captain 07 & thank you for your interest in STB I will try to answer your questions as best I can.
    jexsamx wrote: »
    This is relevant to my interests, but 66 pages is a lot to read and this thread dates back some months (possibly leading to outdated information), so here's some questions.

1. How strict is the console/weapon power rule? I'm not exactly packing a full set of Vulnerability Locators or anything, but I don't see a sense of canon as an excuse to not even try to pull my weight in damage. I don't forsee this being an issue since even though I do tend to run 100+ wep power whenever possible, I don't just blindly assign all power to wep/shields, but I'd like a clear answer anyway.

2. What are the exact guidelines on Federation torps? Canonically the Federation uses photon, quantum, and tricobalt torpedos - the latter on newer ships and in limited quantities, respectively. But, say I wanted to use quants on my Cheyenne. Would that be acceptable? It seems sensible to me that given the previous state of war, older ships would be modified to fire modern payloads, but I'd like to hear one way or the other for sure.

3. What torpedo type would be canon for Orions? Right now my Orion uses the hargh'peng torps, but those are honestly more Klngon-specific. Should I just default to photon to be safe?

Other than that, the way I build and fly should jive very well with this community. I gear enough not to suck but I don't stack a mean alpha or number crunch or any of that stuff, and I think it'd be neat to fly with like-minded individuals.

1. It's not really strict at all, what we try to imply is keeping the DPS down and trying to aim for 3 - 6K DPS. That can be achieved many ways and anyone including my self can help you with that. We use parsers to keep tabs on our DPS. I personally use spire tac consoles paired with 2 fleet adv phasers on my Gal and only do about 3k DPS. The sweet spot for DPS is 5k IMO.

2. You can use quantums on your Cheyenne np.

3. Hmm... for Orions I would go photon but we can always discuss this amongst ourseleves. We have a lot of knowledgeable Captains within STB that know more then me.

I hope that I answered your questions. In the end the goal is to have fun with keeping what we've seen in ST on screen.

You can contact me in game @trizeo1 or leave your handle here for an invite.

Look forward to hearing from you Captain 07
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    1. It's not really strict at all, what we try to imply is keeping the DPS down and trying to aim for 3 - 6K DPS.

I don't think that'll be too much of a problem. I've been parsed by others in STFs two or three times and never broke 5k. I'm sure y'all will catch me if it turns out I'm too far outside of the desired range, and if so I'll do what I can to rein it in.

Handle's @Jexsam. Kick me an invite and we'll see what's what. :)
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I understand that we are meant to use faction specific weapons for our starships and I agree with this but concerning the Wells are we able to use Anti-proton weapons on the Wells? I prefer using Anti-proton especially since Phaser weapons don't look good on the Wells class and the ship does come armed with Anti-proton beams, also it uses Chroniton torpedoes but would I be able to equip my Voth transphasic Chronitons instead? They're mark X and came with my Voth Bastion Flight Deck Cruiser.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I understand that we are meant to use faction specific weapons for our starships and I agree with this but concerning the Wells are we able to use Anti-proton weapons on the Wells? I prefer using Anti-proton especially since Phaser weapons don't look good on the Wells class and the ship does come armed with Anti-proton beams, also it uses Chroniton torpedoes but would I be able to equip my Voth transphasic Chronitons instead? They're mark X and came with my Voth Bastion Flight Deck Cruiser.

Personally, I would say antiproton is a definite, and chronic on is a definite, but you will have to check about the Voth chronic one, unless they have no separate effect, in which case it will be fine.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Personally, I would say antiproton is a definite, and chronic on is a definite, but you will have to check about the Voth chronic one, unless they have no separate effect, in which case it will be fine.

I see no problem with the AP or Torp Launcher. I run Voth AP on my Science character for her Temporal Destroyer. Only wish it sounded less like popcorn.

Our Battles
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    We need Purple phasers. you know, because it's canon. :P

I'm now patiently waiting for the Acamarian lockbox...
    jexsamx wrote: »

Considering the Orions are a part of the KDF in the game, I see no problem with them using a Klingon torpedo.

AP should be fine, since that's what it comes outfitted with, and the chroniton DBB (if you have it, which you should, because it's so pretty :) ) is boosted by AP. As for the torpedo, as long as it looks like a Chroniton it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm actually running the gravimetric photon on my timeship shuttle, that's definitely a bigger stretch than the Voth chroniton. On the actual Wells/Mobius, I probably wouldn't use that and opt for chronitons instead.