test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

server not responding

In the last couple of days, all i have gotten is "Server Not Responding". WTF is going on and is anyone else having these issues or is it isolated?
Post edited by vfpfyasko1 on

Comments

• Options
    romeowoodromeowood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The game's been basically unplayable for me the last few days. Since the Thursday patch, actually.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There has been quite a fee threads about server issues as if late...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    romeowood wrote: »
    The game's been basically unplayable for me the last few days. Since the Thursday patch, actually.

The Thursday what?!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=972471
    BranFlakes wrote:
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, January 2nd, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to restart the server -- there are no patch notes as there is no new patch being applied, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours.

Where'd you get a patch? :eek:
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    romeowood wrote: »

Ah, that patch is insane for what it has done. I dont think i have ever seen so many bugs that broke so much.
    dahminus wrote: »
    There has been quite a fee threads about server issues as if late...

I looked but i didnt see any, iam glad it isnt just me.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The Thursday what?!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=972471

Where'd you get a patch? :eek:

Ok, if no patch existed how do you explain all that is broken?
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »

There has been more then just one past Thursday patch...I'm just saying :P
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I don't.

But then I haven't had any problems outside the norm, either, so... -shrug-
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    There has been more then just one past Thursday patch...I'm just saying :P

Sorry, that wasn't towards you as i think it was the other guy that quoted that i was responding.
    I don't.

But then I haven't had any problems outside the norm, either, so... -shrug-

Hmmm, perhaps it is on my end in some way? We have bugs in the game like the commodities to the events.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hmmm, perhaps it is on my end in some way?

Or at any point between you and the servers. A good chunk of the US is currently getting hammered with various record-setting winter weather including what's hailed as "the coldest weather in 20 years." That sort of thing is pretty notorious for wreaking havoc on telecommunication wiring.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Or at any point between you and the servers. A good chunk of the US is currently getting hammered with various record-setting winter weather including what's hailed as "the coldest weather in 20 years." That sort of thing is pretty notorious for wreaking havoc on telecommunication wiring.

Ahhhh, you know what? You are right, while iam on the west coast it could be the east coast. I didn't even think about that.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sometimes i feel like STO is kind of like a child, and it acts out because the DEV's dont pay enough attention to it.

On the otherside of that, once you get past the 3000s not responding and 6000s not respond markers then we can talk :D
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ahhhh, you know what? You are right, while iam on the west coast it could be the east coast. I didn't even think about that.

Yep. The northeast has been hammered and the servers are in Boston or thereabouts. Plenty of potential for havoc there.

Here in central Kentucky we mostly just got a monster case of "[censored], it's cold!" So I'm just piled up with some hot tea and the heat on. :)
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's maintenance issues, the devs took a well deserved vacation. They are back not, give it a little time and it'll be fixed, I predict this Thursday.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Indeed, I'm in VA and have not been having any issues with connection to STO servers, could likely be people having issues based on the path their connection is taking through areas effected by the winter storms.
  • Options
    edgarodioedgarodio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having Internet Problems i cant play Online #MMO games like Star Trek Online or Digimon Masters Online cause they keep Disconnecting and #Lag Out also I cant stream Online Radio i have #Comcast ISP in Atlanta, GA.

CMD (Administrator):
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dslrouter.westell.com [192.168.1.1]
    2 40 ms 58 ms 25 ms c-24-30-96-1.hsd1.ga.comcast.net [24.30.96.1]
    3 24 ms 23 ms * xe-10-1-0-32767-sur01.d7decatur.ga.atlanta.comca
    st.net [68.85.90.137]
    4 * 24 ms * xe-8-0-0-0-ar01.b0atlanta.ga.atlanta.comcast.net
    [68.86.106.146]
    5 * 12 ms 13 ms he-5-14-0-0-10-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.
    net [68.86.91.253]
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 167 ms 30 ms 27 ms te0-0-0-19.ccr21.atl02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.5
    4.10.233]
    8 40 ms 32 ms 26 ms be2052.mpd21.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.40
    .249]
    9 * * 29 ms be2168.ccr21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
    .94]
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * 91 ms 94 ms be2095.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
    .38]
    12 97 ms 85 ms 86 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42
    ]
    13 57 ms 53 ms 53 ms 38.111.40.114
    14 3628 ms * 46 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>

Troubleshoot Problems:
    PrintWindows Network Diagnostics Publisher details

Issues found
    Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (patchserver.crypticstudios.com) is not respondingYour computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (patchserver.crypticstudios.com) is not responding Detected Detected
    Contact your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) Completed

Issues found Detection details

5 Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (patchserver.crypticstudios.com) is not responding Detected Detected

Contact your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) Completed

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (patchserver.crypticstudios.com). The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarily unavailable.

Detection details Expand

InformationalDiagnostics Information (Network Adapter)
    Details about network adapter diagnosis:

Network adapter Local Area Connection 2 driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
    Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Intel
    Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel
    Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 12.6.45.0
    Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\oem9.inf
    Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:05:02 AM
    Section Name . . . . . . . . . : E1503.6.1.1
    Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_8086&dev_1503
    Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
    Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
    IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
    Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 0

InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log
    File Name: 44FC9D14-4376-4CB0-8FD1-4664CC2D0130.Diagnose.0.etl

InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log
    File Name: 10C8E816-7E7C-4AAE-BACC-F32309E198EB.Diagnose.1.etl

InformationalOther Networking Configuration and Logs
    File Name: NetworkConfiguration.cab

InformationalOther Networking Configuration and Logs
    File Name: NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information
    Computer Name: TYREEJSIMMONS
    Windows Version: 6.1
    Architecture: amd64
    Time: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:47:45 PM

Publisher details Expand

Windows Network Diagnostics
    Detects problems with network connectivity.
    Package Version: 1.0
    Publisher: Microsoft Windows

CMD (Administrator):
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert digimonmasters.com

Tracing route to digimonmasters.com [118.130.130.168]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dslrouter.westell.com [192.168.1.1]
    2 37 ms 40 ms 39 ms c-24-30-96-1.hsd1.ga.comcast.net [24.30.96.1]
    3 27 ms 25 ms 10 ms xe-10-1-0-32767-sur01.d7decatur.ga.atlanta.comca
    st.net [68.85.90.137]
    4 10 ms 9 ms 10 ms xe-22-0-2-0-ar01.b0atlanta.ga.atlanta.comcast.ne
    t [68.85.111.129]
    5 14 ms 14 ms 13 ms he-5-13-0-0-10-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.
    net [68.86.93.201]
    6 23 ms 27 ms 23 ms he-0-11-0-0-cr01.miami.fl.ibone.comcast.net [68.
    86.88.214]
    7 25 ms 23 ms 23 ms be-17-pe02.nota.fl.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.1
    54]
    8 24 ms 23 ms 23 ms n-a.GW1.MIA19.ALTER.NET [152.179.236.1]
    9 23 ms 24 ms 23 ms 0.xe-5-0-0.XL1.MIA19.ALTER.NET [152.63.84.181]
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 87 ms * 118 ms GigabitEthernet6-0-0.GW3.SCL2.ALTER.NET [152.63.
    49.93]
    12 89 ms 99 ms 89 ms lgdacom-gw.customer.alter.net [157.130.206.146]

13 89 ms 89 ms 98 ms 203.255.234.133
    14 217 ms 215 ms 208 ms 203.233.52.165
    15 233 ms 219 ms 219 ms 1.213.147.254
    16 219 ms 219 ms 220 ms 182.162.0.114
    17 232 ms 231 ms 233 ms 182.162.64.2
    18 218 ms 233 ms 216 ms 110.45.150.34
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cogent is another ISP having problems.. but the problems started long before the show storms.. it started with the first post in this forum dated 12/27/2013

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this issue is posted in bug reports where it will never be seen. I am not the only one with this problem. can a dev comment and tell us they are at least looking into it and trying to fix our problem?
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They have looked into it, it's the infrastructure of the internet as a whole that's the problem... servers not passing on info to the servers that STO's servers are connected to, and such. Take it up with Time Warner, Cogent, Verizon, or whoever's causing the trouble this time.

This is BranFlakes' most recent post on the matter. (@STO_DevTracker is so useful!)
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    that is a crock. its not Verizon or internet providers. its only this game that is an issue. I have 3 computers and on any website I go to there is no problem and checked levels all is good. cryptic needs to stop being lazy an fix their servers so people can play.:mad:
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    that is a crock. its not Verizon or internet providers. its only this game that is an issue. I have 3 computers and on any website I go to there is no problem and checked levels all is good. cryptic needs to stop being lazy an fix their servers so people can play.:mad:

If it was the game there would be nobody playing at this very moment in time. I am currently in Regulus System and have counted (including myself) there are currently 48 ships that I can see.

Too many players are too quick in laying blame with Cryptic. Yeah sure they do have their problems that I can not deny. Other factors do need to be considered also.
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    3 days I've been playing, this is the first time I've seen a server not responding error IN GAME... and I can tell you without any doubt its not my isp, if it was..starwars the old republic, a FAR more demanding game than this, would be spitting lightsaber focusing gems at me before shutting itself off.

not the first time I've had to call verizon and have a pleasant and even enjoyable chat with their network technicians, who when I asked, were more than happy to help me diagnose any issues with my connection while in either startrek or starwars.

very pleasant people when you take the time to treat them like human beings and not one's personal servants.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I've been a player of STO for all of 3 days..today's the first day I've encountered a 'server not responding' error, and it resolved itself after half a minute, though I will note my framerate issue has vanished..if thats the cost of not having a framerate issue? I can live with it.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    before I forget..I'd like to note something most gamers seem to forget... these people who bring us these great and fun games essentially do so because they love their jobs, they get to create amazing stories and worlds for us to play in, they do not have to do this, but choose to.

for that, the people of cryptic, and bioware(who I referenced as the makers of starwars the old republic in another thread) will have my undying thanks for a wonderful experience so far.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    If it was the game there would be nobody playing at this very moment in time. I am currently in Regulus System and have counted (including myself) there are currently 48 ships that I can see.

Too many players are too quick in laying blame with Cryptic. Yeah sure they do have their problems that I can not deny. Other factors do need to be considered also.

We are not laying blame. We are asking for their help. They are a business. We are individuals. They have more clout with ISPs than we do because if they can show harm being caused to their business (i.e. being lost revenue that they can't claim because we as consumers are unable to play the game and give up on it and don't spend another dime), then they can sue.

We, on the other hand, only have the case that we can't have "fun", and is that actually harmful to us when there are other activities we could do or enjoy?

The bottom line is, Cryptic has made an inquiry to cogent about the issue and pretty much washed their hands of the matter and left it up to us fight over.

AND.. the fact remains that in my traceroutes (hops), the cogent servers are right before the Cryptic servers, so the problem is closer to cryptic than it is to me.

Given the number of increasing complaints, cryptic CAN do something, but they simply aren't, which is a crappy way of telling their customers that they value them when they have more clout to achieve results than we, working on individual agendas, can.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    all im sayin is every other mmo/shooter/fps online game i play my latency is in the low 20s but when im in sto server not responding and rubberbanding like crazy and it wasnt doing that prior to the 8.5 season update
  • Options
    f22lightning2f22lightning2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi, everyone!

I've downloaded Star Trek Online (Legacy Of Romulus) today and have had a terrible experiences with the "server not responding" issue in particular when moving from sector to sector. However, I think I've found the solution, I'm downloading it right now. To explain...

In the Star Trek Online Launcher, select "Options" in the top right corner, and disable the function "On-Demand Patching". That will cause your STO to start downloading some 4.4 (at least for me) GB of data, but what does it mean?

On-Demand Patching is an option that minimizes the STO client install, allowing the game to patch the game in small bits whenever you encounter something that wasn't part of the default (I think it is minimal) game client install, from the server. I've played STO before, and had the same issue (though the game client was some 30% or so smaller at that time).

If this has remained tha same since then, and now there is much more content in the game, not to forget, disabling "On-Demand Patching" will allow the game client data to fully download to your hard disk install, eliminating the need for additional bandwidth usage.

I hope this helps! (that is, I hope I'm right...)
  • Options
    valya74valya74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nah that is not it. I have already turn on patch on demand. Most of the time I am having problem logining at the character selection and getting Login2_timeout. I have swap between the US and EU proxy and still getting this problem.

This coupled with the fact that I have no problem playing Guild wars 2 and SWTOR, but I have problem with STO and Neverwinter is indicating there is some routing issue somewhere to Cryptics servers.
  • Options
    intrinsicalintrinsical Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a high bandwidth optical fiber connection to the internet. I have been playing STO on a daily basis since its f2p launch and had zero problems with lag and rubberbanding for the past two years.

Suddenly this past two months, I'm getting lag and rubberbanding on nearly every other map. And this issue only exists with STO. I have no network latency issues with any other website, streaming video or online games. I have talked to my ISP, I have posted here several times. Transfer rates are at an abysmal rate of < 1kps. Nothing seems to be getting done. At this rate, I may just as well give up on the game as I can't play it at all.

PS: I'm starting to think its not a network issue but an issue with the code on Cryptic's game servers. Today I logged into Risa instance #21 and had no latency issues and successfully won first position in the powerboat race, went on to grow a couple of birds and monkeys at the Promenade. I then did a site-to-site transport back to the Resort and that's when the rubberbanding kicked in - severe enough that I could not move for a two-three minutes before I was kicked to the login screen. I did not change instance, did not load a new map. A site-to-site transport should have just been a simple change in my character's coordinate on the exact same map and instance, so it should not have caused any network latency. Cryptic, you need to look at your own server code.
  • Options
    asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello

i hate to join the club. Game is unplayable: server not responding, crazy loading times. Also since the "stability upgrade" and since last maintenance.
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • Options
    eera73eera73 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    valya74 wrote: »
    Nah that is not it. I have already turn on patch on demand. Most of the time I am having problem logining at the character selection and getting Login2_timeout. I have swap between the US and EU proxy and still getting this problem.

This coupled with the fact that I have no problem playing Guild wars 2 and SWTOR, but I have problem with STO and Neverwinter is indicating there is some routing issue somewhere to Cryptics servers.

Did the same 2 month ago. Was thinking to back again to see if changes. But, as looking your post date, it seems that the STO servers still sucks.

If any have an official announce from dev, it will be nice to share. Cause i'd like to know if they work on the matter and bring solution... or am one of those player who would like to play it, but can't because of servers matter.