test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Connection problems to Cryptic for the past two days

Hello,
I've been having serious connection problems, only to cryptic servers (I can watch videos in 1440p without ever having to wait for buffering). This has only been happening in the past two days, so I wonder if you guys at Cryptic have changed something, but as you said, it's ridiculous to blame without knowing who's fault it is, since it could be mine, or my ISP's (Telecom Italia, Alice ADSL modem).

TRACERT

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 5 ms 98 ms 99 ms 192.168.1.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 23 ms 22 ms 41 ms 172.17.49.53
4 24 ms 31 ms 31 ms 172.17.48.33
5 34 ms 34 ms 35 ms 172.19.240.69
6 35 ms 34 ms 35 ms pos0-11-0-0.milano50.mil.seabone.net [93.186.128
.105]
7 54 ms 57 ms 53 ms xe-9-3-1.franco31.fra.seabone.net [89.221.34.34]

8 54 ms 54 ms 54 ms be3030.agr21.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.1
4.217]
9 53 ms 53 ms 52 ms be2188.ccr42.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.4
8.114]
10 60 ms 60 ms 60 ms be2262.ccr42.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.37
.33]
11 71 ms 71 ms 71 ms be2183.ccr22.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.58
.69]
12 139 ms 140 ms 142 ms be2387.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44
.165]
13 136 ms 135 ms 135 ms te4-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.25
4]
14 149 ms 142 ms 144 ms 38.111.40.114
15 137 ms 136 ms 137 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

NETTEST

contacting nettest server..
Local IP: 79.22.220.205
Ping: 125.0 msec
Port: 80: 500 KB/sec 18 KB/sec 527 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 371 KB/sec 14 KB/sec 392 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 3 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 38 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 471 KB/sec 22 KB/sec 509 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 1 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 40 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 446 KB/sec 15 KB/sec 471 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 385 KB/sec 23 KB/sec 725 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 529 KB/sec 20 KB/sec 558 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 488 KB/sec 17 KB/sec 516 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 458 KB/sec 16 KB/sec 483 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 1 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 42 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 453 KB/sec 16 KB/sec 479 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 95 KB/sec 6 KB/sec 183 KB/sec 500
Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 0 KB/sec Recv: 0 KB/sec
hit return to exit

It seems running a proxy through the US helps somewhat, but I still get heavy lag versus not being able to connect at all.
Post edited by jenkal on

Comments

• Options
    valya74valya74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Italy, welcome to the list. :)

Now lagging in Brazil, Carribbeans, Australia, Singapore and Italy. :D

Come on Cryptics, it is only Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Champion online that is having this issue, please look into it.
  • Options
    jenkaljenkal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol so it isn't me? Cause this game is starting to look like Star Trek Offline...
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    valya74 wrote: »
    Italy, welcome to the list. :)

Now lagging in Brazil, Carribbeans, Australia, Singapore and Italy. :D

Come on Cryptics, it is only Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Champion online that is having this issue, please look into it.

Italy here too, but I've heard that since the last patch there are being lagging issues also in the UK, apart from frequent disconnections so far.
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    tynnahtynnah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Singapore player here, same issue. Posted a topic here too, but no official response so far...

Try doing a pathping and seeing if there's a gateway killing your packets?
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same here in the UK
  • Options
    calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Italy here, same problem!
  • Options
    crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have the same problems and I am in greece. My Internet Provider is CYTA and My modem is ZTE. I cannot login. and when i do i get DCed almost immediately. Please fix this. My exams are over and i want to play.
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • Options
    guardianoutkastguardianoutkast Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Italy, here. Haven't had this problem, before, but today it took about two hours to log on, and I'm being slammed with horrid server lag the whole time on. Cryptic owes me the daily Lohlunat rewards for two characters.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Italy, here. Haven't had this problem, before, but today it took about two hours to log on, and I'm being slammed with horrid server lag the whole time on. Cryptic owes me the daily Lohlunat rewards for two characters.

Hold on, Cryptic doesn't owe you anything, but I'd be happy if they fixed this problem, because this is an unusual amount of people, that have all been experiencing this problem since the last patch, or around that time.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jenkal wrote: »
    Hold on, Cryptic doesn't owe you anything, but I'd be happy if they fixed this problem, because this is an unusual amount of people, that have all been experiencing this problem since the last patch, or around that time.

I'm not asking for monetary reimbursement, I'm asking for the daily rewards I lost because of crippling server lag. Especially if they don't fix this soon. I'm gonna be pretty TRIBBLE off if I get screwed out of the event reward because Cryptic botched the servers.
    I logged on the day of LoR release, and didn't see server lag this bad.
  • Options
    crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I uninstalled STO and I reinstalled it using ARC. Now I have to patch 8998 MBs. I am willing to make this sacrifice. Let's see if that works
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Doesn't seem to be helping me; I'm already on Arc.

And I'll rescind the Pearls complaint; they're repeatable until you get the daily reward... and in what I can only describe as PFM, I managed to get a clear patch long enough to do the daily runs on both characters involved.. and the crippling server lag hit me again.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Guys use the EU proxy for now, you can access it from the options in the launcher, but it's only good for getting projects done, it's useless for pvp or pve. I sure hope this gets fixed.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm not asking for monetary reimbursement, I'm asking for the daily rewards I lost because of crippling server lag. Especially if they don't fix this soon. I'm gonna be pretty TRIBBLE off if I get screwed out of the event reward because Cryptic botched the servers.
    I logged on the day of LoR release, and didn't see server lag this bad.

Cryptic didn't botch the servers, as I've had no problems gathering Pearls and Favors with 4 different characters. If you want to blame someone, it should be your ISP and the Internet Backbone provider they decide to use...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cryptic didn't botch the servers, as I've had no problems gathering Pearls and Favors with 4 different characters. If you want to blame someone, it should be your ISP and the Internet Backbone provider they decide to use...

First of all you have no proof at all to make such an accusation, second of all it's pretty strange that we all started having problems at the same time with different ISPs. So please, bring your ignorance somewhere else. If you knew anything about how packaging works you wouldn't post such idiotic comments.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Guys use the EU proxy for now, you can access it from the options in the launcher, but it's only good for getting projects done, it's useless for pvp or pve. I sure hope this gets fixed.

Good to know, thanks. Honestly, right now, that's all I care about. I would *like* to run the Elachi event, I missed it's original run, but I'm more focused on getting that Cruiser. Side note; it seems a pretty dumb idea to run two events like this at once. Both are gonna be high draw, and the high load just invites server problems.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    First of all you have no proof at all to make such an accusation, second of all it's pretty strange that we all started having problems at the same time with different ISPs. So please, bring your ignorance somewhere else. If you knew anything about how packaging works you wouldn't post such idiotic comments.

Ignorance, Oh Please... If you know how TCP/IP Routing works, you wouldn't have made such a ignorant comment... I can see the proof on line with the number of instance running on Risa and the weekend Elachi event that is running this weekend. If the STO Servers were truly botched you would see every section of the STO Forums up in flames from angry users...

And it would be easy enough to fine out where your problems actually are. Just run the 'pathping' command, which uses the same syntax as the 'tracert' command, as this will usually show where your Internet Connection path is being blocked...
  • Options
    nickdeamrco019nickdeamrco019 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same problem here in Eastern Europe ........
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Dude, Cryptics owes me 15 Lobis for a major servers breakdown which occurred the last days of the Lobis period ... ;-)
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2014
    crimpson7 wrote: »
    I uninstalled STO and I reinstalled it using ARC. Now I have to patch 8998 MBs. I am willing to make this sacrifice. Let's see if that works

I have tried Arc only once : it made my game slower ( when it was working well, of course ) ... since then I've never used it anymore and it's been working well or bad, as well as it used before so , in my experience, Arc wouldn't solve this problem.
    Hey, maybe it's because they are patching Hearts and Minds?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Ignorance, Oh Please... If you know how TCP/IP Routing works, you wouldn't have made such a ignorant comment... I can see the proof on line with the number of instance running on Risa and the weekend Elachi event that is running this weekend. If the STO Servers were truly botched you would see every section of the STO Forums up in flames from angry users...

And it would be easy enough to fine out where your problems actually are. Just run the 'pathping' command, which uses the same syntax as the 'tracert' command, as this will usually show where your Internet Connection path is being blocked...

Funny thing about that, my ISP's working great, everywhere else (surprising, since Telecom Italia is spotty). They also haven't done any overhauls or maintenance, recently. Cryptic has. I also checked my ping from here to a US server, and got a pretty good return, distance considered. So, ah, blow off and take your self-righteous "I know what I'm talking about" tirade elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

As for me, they are not really ... botched, so to speak ... for example, I've just done a smooth Elachi Run about 15 mins ago, then about 5 minutes later, lagging problem and disconnect ... now it's taking time to restart again ...
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Funny thing about that, my ISP's working great, everywhere else (surprising, since Telecom Italia is spotty). They also haven't done any overhauls or maintenance, recently. Cryptic has. I also checked my ping from here to a US server, and got a pretty good return, distance considered. So, ah, blow off and take your self-righteous "I know what I'm talking about" tirade elsewhere.

Exactly, same exact thing... So stop being a grouchyotaku troll.
  • Options
    valya74valya74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just find it hard to believe that:

1. since I can play Guild Wars 2 (with youtube playing in the background) and have no problem or rubberbanding,

2. I can play Star Wars The old Republic with no problem or rubberbanding,

3. I can play The Secret World with no problem or rubberbanding

4. but I have such problem with Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Champion Online. (which are all cryptic's studios MMORPG)

how can it be my ISP? or the ISP of all the others that have similar issue?

At the very least, it would warrant Cryptic Studios to investigate this since it is not an isolated incident anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Precisely, I mean we got 9 people in just a couple of hours, and this is only one post, there's also another post.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    valya74 wrote: »
    2. I can play Star Wars The old Republic with no problem or rubberbanding,
    ... And I went 1h 50 AFK penalty after another disconnect occurred during the CE ... niiiiice :mad:
    Anyways, ironically I was actually taking a look at a video of that game right now ... and I am afraid I'll have to install it to have something to do during this time
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2014
    ... And I went 1h 50 AFK penalty after another disconnect occurred during the CE ... niiiiice :mad:
    Anyways, ironically I was actually taking a look at a video of that game right now ... and I am afraid I'll have to install it to have something to do during this time

It seems like a cool game, I'd install it if I had the time to play it right now.
  • Options
    calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've used the "US" patching proxy and gameplay proxy, with the usual 3 ESTF missions: no problems so far...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I've used the "US" patching proxy and gameplay proxy, with the usual 3 ESTF missions: no problems so far...
    I use mine set on "None" but I'll give it a try ... thanks for the tip anyway
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2014

Now this would be a valid observation only if 'everywhere else' is located in the same physical location as the STO Servers, as different physical locations on the Internet are going to have different connection paths with different performance metrics...

You really should try knowing what you're talking about before making statements like this...