test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Swimwear not working

sunbobsunbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello, everyone. After my friend and I grinded for hours for Lohluant favors, my friend (generously) gave me all the Lohlunat favors she had. I bought Male Swimwear Shorts to be exact; however, when I went to the tailor, to my horror, I found that I could not find the swimwear, I tried every option I could think of. If there are any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. If this is an actual bug, please help to fix it. Thank you.
<Inserthere>
Post edited by sunbob on

Comments

• thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am his friend. I helped him grind for hours and it is a shame to see the work go to waste. His character is a Liberated Romulan Borg.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have you tried the drop down box under the "head" category? This is where swimwear shows up for the 'uniform' tab. Also, not that you didn't do this, but did you unpack the box?
    edited June 2014
    He did both. Neither worked
    edited June 2014
    Also, it worked on his other character. But not his Liberated Borg. Perhaps Cryptic didn't want to take the time to insert the feature for Borg Romulans
  • sunbobsunbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I tried it. I also bought another one and put it on my other Romulan, and it worked. It seems to not work with Liberated Borg Romulan. If a dev sees this, please fix this issue.
    <Inserthere>
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Now I've had no issues with Risa Swimwear with both my Fed Liberated Borg Human male, Fed Liberated Borg Human female, and my Fed align Liberated Borg Romulan female, so this is not a system wide Liberated Borg characters...

Now someone else in my Fleet had issues selecting swimwear after unpacking the box, and it took multiple log-ins before the issue corrected itself, so you might try this...
  • charlesdonovancharlesdonovan Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So how long do we have to wait for swimwear to hatch on the drop down menu?
    How many log in's are required?
    When we will the end user be duly notified?

If there are terms and conditions to using a product I feel we have the right to be duly notified.
    I bought the shorts, unpacked them and waited.

It's been an hour. Still waiting.

pic link showing it's missing from the drop down menu.
    https://24.media.tumblr.com/d11910d503e35d046d6f366899c5667c/tumblr_n6u3yc1iuG1rpy7hjo1_1280.jpg

15 hours later it shows up on the drop down menu for those keeping score.
    edited June 2014
    It STILL isn't working for me.. :(
    <Inserthere>
    edited June 2014
    Nevermind!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What is funny to me is that the KHG costume has been broken for almost near 2 years now lol. I don't know how I did it but on my main KDF sci I got the costume and it surprisingly worked. But first time I went to qo'nos it switched my costume from that but the 2nd time I went to risa and came back whatever kept it from switching broke so now I can go anywhere in the risa outfit lol. I will laugh if its been 2 years and no KHG costume fix but give them a week they will remove the ability to wear the swimsuit outside risa I would bet kahless's magical targ winter coat that it will happen just like that lol.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This same issue seems to be a problem for Reman males as well, I had just purchased the male swim shorts, and used them with even the tailor confirming the use in the comm logs, yet when in the tailor to put them on, guess what no swim wear option at all.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• alphacycnusonealphacycnusone Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes i confirm this Bug too, same on my Romulan Liberated Borg Male.
    Not only the Swimsuit is not working, the Risan Beachcomber Outfit is too bugged for the
    Romulan Liberated Borg Male. Also there is no Barefeet Option included so you have invisible Legs if you wear it.

Have it posted already last Year but it looks like Cryptic have no interest to fix it.
    Hope they doe it now.

1000 favors and many Time for nothing..... so the Summer Event make no fun.
    A Star has died in a massive Supernova Explosion,at the same time he gave us the life.
    Yes we are all just made ​​of Stardust.
    After a certain time the Stardust starts even to think.
    Is that not fantastic?
  • gryphonsatyr42gryphonsatyr42 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Okay, the same thing happened to my Romulan Borg :eek:

First three toons, no issue, then the 4th, my Rom Borg... no swim wear.

Guys may want to add your names to this:

Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,529,444.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    They really need to start testing clothing options are available on ALL species before bloody releasing them.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited June 2014
    I am saddened that Cryptic doesent pay attention to these issues. Like if you don't care for doing a bug check before introducing these items into the game, then don't implement the item into the game.
    <Inserthere>
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Likewise: no problem on my Liberated Borg male Human for the swimsuit, but it did not work for my Lib Borg male Romulan. Have not had the chance to check back today yet.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    No sign of a fix in the Tribble patch notes. :(
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited June 2014
    I wish there were a way of making this thread sticky so the Devs would SEE it.
    edited June 2014
    Well, all I can do is confirm that even after 24+ hours after opening the costume crate I still am not getting the swimsuit option on my Lib Borg Male Rom.

I also entered a /bug report on it in-game. Make sure to do this too!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • tesseracttoxxtesseracttoxx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm also Liberated Romulan Borg Male and my swimwear option is not showing up. I'm KDF aligned.
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    unfortunatly cryptic doesnt tell u that all swimwear doesnt work for all charectors only certain ones can unlock these swimwear this has been going on for awhile now
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What is funny to me is that the KHG costume has been broken for almost near 2 years now lol. I don't know how I did it but on my main KDF sci I got the costume and it surprisingly worked. But first time I went to qo'nos it switched my costume from that but the 2nd time I went to risa and came back whatever kept it from switching broke so now I can go anywhere in the risa outfit lol. I will laugh if its been 2 years and no KHG costume fix but give them a week they will remove the ability to wear the swimsuit outside risa I would bet kahless's magical targ winter coat that it will happen just like that lol.

KHG can be fixed by visitng roxy in ds9 and registering the pieces
    jFriX.png
  • airbear8airbear8 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same problem with my male Romulan Reman Liberated Borg. Bought the swim trunks, opened the box. Followed the instructions the Tailor gave (which turned out to be last year's that are incorrect!). Found out the correct way to do it but "Swimwear" does not show up as a category in the drop down menu. Made multiple attempts and now I'm maxed out with 5 outfits and no way to delete them.

AirBear
    edited June 2014
    The Patch notes say they fixed the Reman Male issue (tomorrow)... we'll just have to see if Rommy Borg will be fixed too.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Patch notes say they fixed the Reman Male issue (tomorrow)... we'll just have to see if Rommy Borg will be fixed too.

Romulans, and KDF get screwed often, than Remans get screwed more often, and than liberated player's get screwed even more often, so it seems to be a trend. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited June 2014
    If it isnt fixed for Male Romulan lib borg, i will directly speak with a Dev
    <Inserthere>
  • alphacycnusonealphacycnusone Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well in the Patchnotes they say they fix the Reman .....
    So why not the Romulan liberated Borg ? is that realy so heavy, to implement a Barefoot Function for the Beachcomber Outfit and a Swimsuit ? The Fed liberated Borg have no Problems all work fine so as it should.

So Cryptic...... whats the Problem to fix it ?

Or must we wait other 2 years before it get fixed ? :rolleyes:
    A Star has died in a massive Supernova Explosion,at the same time he gave us the life.
    Yes we are all just made ​​of Stardust.
    After a certain time the Stardust starts even to think.
    Is that not fantastic?
    edited June 2014
    Well in the Patchnotes they say they fix the Reman .....
    So why not the Romulan liberated Borg ? is that realy so heavy, to implement a Barefoot Function for the Beachcomber Outfit and a Swimsuit ? The Fed liberated Borg have no Problems all work fine so as it should.

So Cryptic...... whats the Problem to fix it ?

Or must we wait other 2 years before it get fixed ? :rolleyes:

I completely agree. There is no more perfect way to describe this situation. How long do we have to wait? I will bet a million dollars that Cryptic isnt even AWARE of this issue.
    <Inserthere>
  • airbear8airbear8 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sunbob wrote: »
    If it isnt fixed for Male Romulan lib borg, i will directly speak with a Dev

Better speak to them because it's still not working after the patch. My male Romulan Liberated Borg does NOT have a Swimwear option on the drop down menu (head). And I've troubleshot this so much I filled up my 5 costume slots and can't figure out how to delete any of them. So I can't create any new costumes, just try to modify existing ones.

AirBear
    edited June 2014
    +1 on the Male Rom Lib Borg problem. No love from this morning's patch.

Can I have my 500 favors back so I can do something useful with them?
    STO-sig.jpg